DJ RICKY Reviews

31 Reviews for DJ RICKY

31 DJ RICKY Reviews

Aaron Christman · Married on 09/08/2018

Wedding DJ

We hired DJ Ricky for our wedding this past September, we didnt have a official wedding planner but no one would've guessed it because DJ Ricky did an phenomenal job of making sure not only the music was awesome but keeping us on track with our timeline. Thank you Ricky!

• Dextor3000

Beth · Married on 10/21/2017

DJ Ricky helped make our wedding a successful event. Ricky set up a sound system for our outdoor ceremony, so that everyone could hear us talking during the ceremony. He also provided music for the ceremony. He then also set up a different system for our tented reception, and provided lighting for the dance floor. He provided a worksheet for selecting our music for the different aspects of the day, which was very helpful. Ricky also made announcements when different things were happening, like the cake cutting, which helped to keep the day moving smoothly. Overall, I would highly recommend!

Brandy · Married on 11/12/2016

Ricky was excellent to work with. He was very responsive and answered all of our questions. Gave great suggestions and helped tremendously. Ricky made our wedding day run smooth with his agenda he created as well. His music was very memorable and all of our guests loved him. We would book him again in a heart beat.

Casey · Married on 08/06/2016

If you are looking for a DJ for your wedding, HIRE DJ RICKY! My husband and I were planning our wedding and already had a DJ. I needed to give DJ Ricky's wife something and he picked it up for her. We started talking about our wedding and he knew we already had a DJ but offered up some advice and gave some phenomenal feedback. He emailed me the worksheets he uses with his clients and I instantly knew that we had to switch DJ's. DJ Ricky didn't have to help at all, he didn't have to offer any advice or share his business practices with us, but he did & we really appreciated that. We ended up hiring DJ Ricky which was a big price difference from the original DJ we were going to use but we felt confident in how recommended he comes, and the fact that he was genuine. The day before the wedding he sat down with us and went over our plan to ensure we had everything accounted for. The day of our wedding DJ Ricky, was prompt, professional, and was the one piece of our wedding that we couldn't have gone without. He was excellent in directing our guests through the night's agenda, getting people into the buffet line, coordinating timeline changes, keeping our guests entertained, and making sure the dance floor was full of happy guests. After our wedding we got so many compliments about how much fun it was and how the DJ did such an amazing job and have had people request we renew our vows so we can do it all over again. When you hire DJ Ricky, you hire the best. Thank you DJ Ricky for making our wedding ceremony/reception run perfectly!

Julianne · Married on 07/09/2016

Dj Ricky was awesome. He was a great help in coming up with a gameplay and playlist for the reception. He read the crowd really well, and when we decided to shift the order of a few things around, he made it happen with no problems. Highly recommended.

Jisoo · Married on 06/04/2016

DJ Ricky did an incredible job on our wedding in June 2016. We used him for music at our ceremony as well as reception DJ/MC. Ricky is a consummate professional and goes out of his way to make sure the bride and groom don’t have to worry at all on their wedding day. He’s super organized leading up to the big day, and talked through the entire timeline with us multiple times, even pointing out things we hadn’t considered. On the day of, he worked with our venue coordinator directly to get everything set up and to coordinate all his announcements for a truly seamless experience.

As a DJ, Ricky kept everyone on the dance floor all night! Going into our wedding day, we were nervous that our small wedding couldn’t keep up dancing for 2+ hours but Ricky totally crushed our expectations. Even when we took a break for cake cutting, he had all the right songs to get everyone back on the dance floor. We’re incredibly happy we chose DJ Ricky and highly recommend him for anyone looking for a wedding DJ/MC in Virginia.

• Amanda

Amanda · Married on 05/21/2016

We LOVED DJ Ricky! He was attentive, professional, and really fun to work with. On the day we didn't have to worry about a thing, and everything we discussed for the ceremony and reception went seamlessly. Our guest also loved him as the DJ and MC, he was really able to feel out the crowd and keep our guests on the dancefloor all night. We highly recommend him!

Kristina · Married on 05/14/2016

I'm so happy we found DJ Ricky for our wedding. He did an amazing job! Everyone had a great time and it was exactly what we wanted. I also loved how Ricky double-checked everything to make sure all the information was correct. He was great to work with! He kept the partying going and we all had such a great time!

Emilia · Married on 10/11/2015

DJ Ricky was FANTASTIC to work with and I would HIGHLY recommend him to anyone. From the very beginning DJ Ricky worked with us to incorporate our unique vision and customs that we wanted to include in our wedding. His service was flawless and we could not have been happier with him as a DJ.

• Leslie

Leslie · Married on 09/19/2015

I loved working with DJ Ricky. When we had our phone conference with him, going over wedding stuff, he seemed to match our personality style. He was very knowledgeable, asked questions we hadn't thought about, learned pronunciation of our bridal party's name. He was on time to the event, set everything up, I didn't have to do a thing. Our dance floor was packed all night. He played everything we put on our must play list. There were several requests by guests on our do not play list and he backed me up 100% (even though I caved when said guest approached me, darn alcohol!). Some DJs have their own agenda, I felt DJ Ricky was happy just being there supporting our vision. He was even very accommodating to our flower girl who I heard put in a lot of requests by singing one line from each song.

Cassie · Married on 08/01/2015

DJ Ricky did a fabulous job for our wedding! He was extremely prepared and listened to everything that was important to us. We really wanted our guests to have fun and be out on the dance floor all night long. He made sure to keep the party going and I would recommend him to anyone looking for a DJ for any event!

Michelle · Married on 07/11/2015

Ricky was great to work with for our wedding! He was personable, professional and reliable. He was quick to respond and very responsive through the whole process. He was great at keeping people on the dance floor through our wedding too! We would highly recommend working with Ricky!

DJ Ricky is very easy to work with. He is incredibly prompt with answering any and all questions. He was great at keeping the reception organized. He kept all our guests dancing throughout the night and was receptive to all song requests! We strongly recommend DJ Ricky!

Ellen · Married on 11/01/2014

DJ Ricky is the best value in the Charlottesville area! He is a true professional that will make your wedding run smoothly & ensure your guests have a blast! Working with him up to the wedding was so easy and he took the time to talk to us to make sure he understood what we wanted. We had a small wedding of 65, and he made sure our guests old and young had a fantastic time all night. He went above & beyond to run the show flawlessly and I am so thankful we chose him for our wedding reception!

DJ Ricky is the best wedding DJ of all time. Starting with the actual reception - our dance floor was full the entire night, and good-natured Ricky even indulged us with an encore song at the end of the night. He listened to our (vague) direction on playlist and had fun with it. When our first dance was suddenly 13 minutes long, he edited it to an blissful 3-4 minutes on the fly. The ladies had a silly choreographed dance, too, and he pulled that off flawlessly. He is EXCELLENT at this. All our guests have been telling us how much they enjoyed "that wonderful DJ!" This is nice feedback, as we've been to weddings where the DJ disappointed.

But there is so much more about Ricky that made our wedding so wonderful. His support leading up to the wedding was spot on, offering suggestions and guidance where needed but never pushing us one way or another. He truly cares about delivering you a great experience. Although we had a string trio perform during the ceremony and cocktail hour, Ricky was instrumental (no pun intended!) to making that happen, thanks to mic'ing it up and helping set up in general.

He jumped in where needed, made excellent calls on his own and when he needed to asked all the right questions. If I had to use one word to describe Ricky, it would be PROFESSIONAL: he is excellent at his craft, he managed some very obnoxious guests with unfathomable grace, and he really made it the best party of our lives. We can't thank him enough for his hard work and hope to be out on one of his dance floors again soon!

DJ Ricky was easy and wonderful to work with right off the bat. His wife Ashleigh spun the tunes at our wedding and did a wonderful job keeping the party going. We also appreciated her keeping us on track with her great MC'ing skills. The dance floor was packed all night!!!!

Kristina · Married on 08/09/2014

Ricky was absolutely wonderful to work with. We spoke on a couple of different occasions discussing the day of. He had emailed me a worksheet to give to him before the wedding so he would be able to make a playlist. Well I failed at the most important task :/ Thank goodness for his skills and our very brief conversations the day before he made my day FANTASTIC!!! With virtually no input from me he kept that dance floor packed and everyone moving until the last bus came. Thanks again for your skill !!

Rachel · Married on 06/14/2014

We had an absolutely amazing time at our wedding thanks to DJ Ricky. He provided music for all aspects of our wedding (Ceremony, cocktail hour, & the reception). He kept the party going all evening and all of our family and friends could not stay off of the dance floor! He is very professional and accommodating to last minute changes. I would recommend his services to anyone and hope to be able to work with him in the future for other events!

DJ Ricky did a great job for us at our wedding! He listened and followed through with every request that we had, and gave us exactly what we were looking for. He kept the party going all night long with a wide mix of music, and was very flexible with peoples requests. DJ Ricky is one of the best DJs to work with, and we would recommend him to anyone.

DJ Ricky did an excellent job at our wedding. Very skillful and a great setup with any song you can imagine. He's super easy to get in touch with and responds promptly and professionally. He goes above and beyond what you would expect out of your DJ. Last minute changes on the fly? No problem! My wife and I both appreciate everything he did to make our wedding a special day. You won't find a better wedding DJ in the Charlottesville area.

Matt · Married on 05/03/2014

DJ Ricky is awesome! He was so easy to work with throughout the entire process, was very helpful on the day of our wedding, and did a great job rocking the reception. He chose the appropriate timing for our wedding party entrance songs, our first dance, and our dances with parents. Later on, when my wife and our guests kept making suggestions to him throughout the night, and he was always accommodating. It was a pleasure to work with Ricky, and would absolutely love to work with him again should our need for a DJ arise.

Allison · Married on 08/10/2013

DJ Ricky was exactly what I was looking for; skills to bring a party, reasonably priced, and an extremely pleasant, easy going and professional personality. I will recommend DJ Ricky to all my friends and family who need a DJ for an event or wedding in the future! Thanks so much for everything- you made our day that much more special and our guests loved the party music!

Laura Jane · Married on 07/06/2013

DJ Ricky was awesome in assisting us with our wedding. Even on wedding day, he was able to change things around to accommodate last minute changes that arose. He was very pleasant to work with! I would definitely use him again for any future parties, etc.

Lindsay · Married on 06/22/2013

DJRicky did an absolute wonderful job. He was extremely flexible and was happy to answer any questions or concerns I had. Everyone loved the ceremony and told me what a wonderful variety of music Ricky played. Anytime someone had a request, he found the song right away. DJRicky helped make our wedding day one that we will never forget. Thank you for everything: )

Christina · Married on 07/25/2015

DJ Ricky did a fantastic job! I always say people remember how much fun they had at a wedding and I believe our guests will remember how much fun they had dancing the whole night. He did a great job at catering to our age group and playing songs that kept everyone on the dance floor. I don't think it was ever empty for a second. He is quick to respond to e-mails/calls, professional, and overall, just a great DJ. He made sure everything was done just the way we wanted it and although he was great at offering advice, he always made sure we were the ones happy with everything. I highly recommend him!