30 Reviews for DJ RICKY

Consultation (6)
MC (6)
Do-Not-Play List (5)
Uplighting (4)

DJ Ricky helped make our wedding a successful event. Ricky set up a sound system for our outdoor ceremony, so that everyone could hear us talking during the ceremony. He also provided music for the ceremony. He then also set up a different system for our tented reception, and provided lighting for the dance floor. He provided a worksheet for selecting our music for the different aspects of the day, which was very helpful. Ricky also made announcements when different things were happening, like the cake cutting, which helped to keep the day moving smoothly. Overall, I would highly recommend!

Profile Picture Beth, 10/21/17, 7 Reviews
Category: DJ

Ricky was excellent to work with. He was very responsive and answered all of our questions. Gave great suggestions and helped tremendously. Ricky made our wedding day run smooth with his agenda he created as well. His music was very memorable and all of our guests loved him. We would book him again in a heart beat.

Profile Picture Brandy, 11/12/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

DJ Ricky was fun and accommodating. He listened to our likes and dislikes and stuck to his guns when people tried requesting songs off our "do not play" list! Overall he kept the party going and kept everyone on the dance floor!

Profile Picture Alicia, 10/1/16, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC, Microphones, Sound/PA System

If you are looking for a DJ for your wedding, HIRE DJ RICKY! My husband and I were planning our wedding and already had a DJ. I needed to give DJ Ricky's wife something and he picked it up for her. We started talking about our wedding and he knew we already had a DJ but offered up some advice and gave some phenomenal feedback. He emailed me the worksheets he uses with his clients and I instantly knew that we had to switch DJ's. DJ Ricky didn't have to help at all, he didn't have to offer any advice or share his business practices with us, but he did & we really appreciated that. We ended up hiring DJ Ricky which was a big price difference from the original DJ we were going to use but we felt confident in how recommended he comes, and the fact that he was genuine. The day before the wedding he sat down with us and went over our plan to ensure we had everything accounted for. The day of our wedding DJ Ricky, was prompt, professional, and was the one piece of our wedding that we couldn't have gone without. He was excellent in directing our guests through the night's agenda, getting people into the buffet line, coordinating timeline changes, keeping our guests entertained, and making sure the dance floor was full of happy guests. After our wedding we got so many compliments about how much fun it was and how the DJ did such an amazing job and have had people request we renew our vows so we can do it all over again. When you hire DJ Ricky, you hire the best. Thank you DJ Ricky for making our wedding ceremony/reception run perfectly!

Profile Picture Casey, 8/6/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Dj Ricky was awesome. He was a great help in coming up with a gameplay and playlist for the reception. He read the crowd really well, and when we decided to shift the order of a few things around, he made it happen with no problems. Highly recommended.

Profile Picture Julianne, 7/9/16, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

DJ Ricky did an incredible job on our wedding in June 2016. We used him for music at our ceremony as well as reception DJ/MC. Ricky is a consummate professional and goes out of his way to make sure the bride and groom don’t have to worry at all on their wedding day. He’s super organized leading up to the big day, and talked through the entire timeline with us multiple times, even pointing out things we hadn’t considered. On the day of, he worked with our venue coordinator directly to get everything set up and to coordinate all his announcements for a truly seamless experience.

As a DJ, Ricky kept everyone on the dance floor all night! Going into our wedding day, we were nervous that our small wedding couldn’t keep up dancing for 2+ hours but Ricky totally crushed our expectations. Even when we took a break for cake cutting, he had all the right songs to get everyone back on the dance floor. We’re incredibly happy we chose DJ Ricky and highly recommend him for anyone looking for a wedding DJ/MC in Virginia.

Profile Picture Jisoo, 6/4/16, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System

We LOVED DJ Ricky! He was attentive, professional, and really fun to work with. On the day we didn't have to worry about a thing, and everything we discussed for the ceremony and reception went seamlessly. Our guest also loved him as the DJ and MC, he was really able to feel out the crowd and keep our guests on the dancefloor all night. We highly recommend him!

Profile Picture Amanda, 5/21/16, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

I'm so happy we found DJ Ricky for our wedding. He did an amazing job! Everyone had a great time and it was exactly what we wanted. I also loved how Ricky double-checked everything to make sure all the information was correct. He was great to work with! He kept the partying going and we all had such a great time!

Profile Picture Kristina, 5/14/16, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

I was very happy to have DJ Ricky DJing my wedding. He is both very organized and very accommodating—and we had a great dance party as a result. Highly recommended.

Profile Picture Lionel, 4/9/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

DJ Ricky was FANTASTIC to work with and I would HIGHLY recommend him to anyone. From the very beginning DJ Ricky worked with us to incorporate our unique vision and customs that we wanted to include in our wedding. His service was flawless and we could not have been happier with him as a DJ.

Profile Picture Emilia, 10/11/15, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

I loved working with DJ Ricky. When we had our phone conference with him, going over wedding stuff, he seemed to match our personality style. He was very knowledgeable, asked questions we hadn't thought about, learned pronunciation of our bridal party's name. He was on time to the event, set everything up, I didn't have to do a thing. Our dance floor was packed all night. He played everything we put on our must play list. There were several requests by guests on our do not play list and he backed me up 100% (even though I caved when said guest approached me, darn alcohol!). Some DJs have their own agenda, I felt DJ Ricky was happy just being there supporting our vision. He was even very accommodating to our flower girl who I heard put in a lot of requests by singing one line from each song.

Profile Picture Leslie, 9/19/15, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

DJ Ricky did a fabulous job for our wedding! He was extremely prepared and listened to everything that was important to us. We really wanted our guests to have fun and be out on the dance floor all night long. He made sure to keep the party going and I would recommend him to anyone looking for a DJ for any event!

Profile Picture Cassie, 8/1/15, 1 Review
Category: DJ

DJ Ricky did a fantastic job! I always say people remember how much fun they had at a wedding and I believe our guests will remember how much fun they had dancing the whole night. He did a great job at catering to our age group and playing songs that kept everyone on the dance floor. I don't think it was ever empty for a second. He is quick to respond to e-mails/calls, professional, and overall, just a great DJ. He made sure everything was done just the way we wanted it and although he was great at offering advice, he always made sure we were the ones happy with everything. I highly recommend him!

Profile Picture Christina, 7/25/15, 7 Reviews
Category: DJ

DJ Ricky did a great job at our wedding! We found it very easy to work with him - the worksheet he provided is very helpful in figuring out the music selections and flow & timeline of your reception. We met with him once and knew he was right for us - seemed like he had every detail figured out but was also really laid back and didn't have an aggressive personality as we found some other DJs do. We liked that he is a musician and used to be in a band so definitely has a musical passion and knowledge. My now husband and I are VERY passionate about music and have varying musical tastes so we had a long list of requests that were very eclectic, and he did a great job of incorporating a lot of them but still making the music flow really well - we got lots of compliments on the music and the dance floor was full most of the night. He was also really quick to respond to emails - the only reason I didn't give him a full 5 stars was that two weeks before the wedding it took a while to hear back from him which worried me, since before he was so fast to respond to me. But then once we did hear back, we were able to go over all the last minute details over the phone which put my mind at ease. Also, he was extremely helpful with making sure the reception timeline stayed on track - or figuring out how to rearrange the timeline if we needed to. We highly recommend Ricky!

Profile Picture Charlotte, 7/18/15, 9 Reviews
Category: DJ

Ricky was great to work with for our wedding! He was personable, professional and reliable. He was quick to respond and very responsive through the whole process. He was great at keeping people on the dance floor through our wedding too! We would highly recommend working with Ricky!

Profile Picture Michelle, 7/11/15, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

DJ Ricky is very easy to work with. He is incredibly prompt with answering any and all questions. He was great at keeping the reception organized. He kept all our guests dancing throughout the night and was receptive to all song requests! We strongly recommend DJ Ricky!

Profile Picture User4338021, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

DJ Ricky is the best value in the Charlottesville area! He is a true professional that will make your wedding run smoothly & ensure your guests have a blast! Working with him up to the wedding was so easy and he took the time to talk to us to make sure he understood what we wanted. We had a small wedding of 65, and he made sure our guests old and young had a fantastic time all night. He went above & beyond to run the show flawlessly and I am so thankful we chose him for our wedding reception!

Profile Picture Ellen, 11/1/14, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

this guy is the whole package; he is courteous and friendly and efficient and reliable, FUN, and he takes care of every detail that you could possibly hope to think of for music for a wedding. I am especially impressed with his professionalism; one of our overly inebriated guests spilled a drink on his shirt toward the end of the evening, and even though I talked with him at some length about general stuff shortly afterward, he never even mentioned it.
CLASS ACT. He deserves to have all the business he can handle.

Profile Picture New User, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: DJ

DJ Ricky is the best wedding DJ of all time. Starting with the actual reception - our dance floor was full the entire night, and good-natured Ricky even indulged us with an encore song at the end of the night. He listened to our (vague) direction on playlist and had fun with it. When our first dance was suddenly 13 minutes long, he edited it to an blissful 3-4 minutes on the fly. The ladies had a silly choreographed dance, too, and he pulled that off flawlessly. He is EXCELLENT at this. All our guests have been telling us how much they enjoyed "that wonderful DJ!" This is nice feedback, as we've been to weddings where the DJ disappointed.

But there is so much more about Ricky that made our wedding so wonderful. His support leading up to the wedding was spot on, offering suggestions and guidance where needed but never pushing us one way or another. He truly cares about delivering you a great experience. Although we had a string trio perform during the ceremony and cocktail hour, Ricky was instrumental (no pun intended!) to making that happen, thanks to mic'ing it up and helping set up in general.

He jumped in where needed, made excellent calls on his own and when he needed to asked all the right questions. If I had to use one word to describe Ricky, it would be PROFESSIONAL: he is excellent at his craft, he managed some very obnoxious guests with unfathomable grace, and he really made it the best party of our lives. We can't thank him enough for his hard work and hope to be out on one of his dance floors again soon!

Profile Picture Laura, 10/11/14, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

DJ Ricky was easy and wonderful to work with right off the bat. His wife Ashleigh spun the tunes at our wedding and did a wonderful job keeping the party going. We also appreciated her keeping us on track with her great MC'ing skills. The dance floor was packed all night!!!!

Profile Picture User4576663, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

Ricky was absolutely wonderful to work with. We spoke on a couple of different occasions discussing the day of. He had emailed me a worksheet to give to him before the wedding so he would be able to make a playlist. Well I failed at the most important task :/ Thank goodness for his skills and our very brief conversations the day before he made my day FANTASTIC!!! With virtually no input from me he kept that dance floor packed and everyone moving until the last bus came. Thanks again for your skill !!

Profile Picture Kristina, 8/9/14, 8 Reviews
Category: DJ

We had an absolutely amazing time at our wedding thanks to DJ Ricky. He provided music for all aspects of our wedding (Ceremony, cocktail hour, & the reception). He kept the party going all evening and all of our family and friends could not stay off of the dance floor! He is very professional and accommodating to last minute changes. I would recommend his services to anyone and hope to be able to work with him in the future for other events!

Profile Picture Rachel , 6/14/14, 1 Review
Category: DJ

DJ Ricky did a great job for us at our wedding! He listened and followed through with every request that we had, and gave us exactly what we were looking for. He kept the party going all night long with a wide mix of music, and was very flexible with peoples requests. DJ Ricky is one of the best DJs to work with, and we would recommend him to anyone.

Profile Picture User4188994, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: DJ

DJ Ricky did an excellent job at our wedding. Very skillful and a great setup with any song you can imagine. He's super easy to get in touch with and responds promptly and professionally. He goes above and beyond what you would expect out of your DJ. Last minute changes on the fly? No problem! My wife and I both appreciate everything he did to make our wedding a special day. You won't find a better wedding DJ in the Charlottesville area.

Profile Picture User6814056, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Consultation, MC

We highly recommend DJ Ricky for weddings and events! He made the trek out to Delfosse Winery for our wedding in May 2014 and did an awesome job. We had given him some guidelines around what types of songs we'd like to hear and when, and he executed our plan perfectly. The dance floor was rocking and everybody had an excellent time!

Profile Picture User4181114, 2+ years ago, 1 Review