DJ RIAN SOULELES Reviews

DJ RIAN SOULELES 1
DJ RIAN SOULELES 2
DJ RIAN SOULELES 3

Laura · Married on 03/07/2015

After Rian DJ'ed our wedding in 2015, we cannot recommend him highly enough! He was super professional when going through songs and playlists, totally open to customizing you something amazing based on some songs you love or setting up a playlist of all of your favorites. He was right on time to set up for our wedding and was happy to do some little 'master of ceremonies' to get people to move where they were supposed to. If you want something really special, ask him to sing a song or two, you'll be blown away. Book him for your next big event and rest easy knowing all your musical needs are in good hands!

Sent on 02/01/2016

Kimberly · Married on 08/23/2014

It feels like an understatement to say Rian went above and beyond as our wedding DJ. For weeks before the wedding, he worked with me and my husband to develop our perfect playlist, taking into account not only our own musical preferences, but also those of our entire guest list. It was not one of those weddings where, right after the speeches, it turned into hardcore booty-shaking tunes that alienated half of the wedding. Don't get me wrong - plenty of booty-shaking took place that night, but it was cross-generational booty-shaking that the whole party could enjoy! People seriously cut a rug until the wee hours of the morning, and we have Rian to thank for that!

Not only did Rian nail the DJ portion of the night, he also did an absolutely incredible job as our MC for the evening. He was thoughtful in his words, professional in his appearance and performance, and absolutely DESTROYED his rendition of Joe Cocker's "Have a Little Help from My Friends." He seriously brought the house down!

Bottom line: I would 100% recommend Rian again for anyone getting married, or even just wanting to throw an awesome party. He is the best DJ around, hands down!

Sent on 01/26/2016

Hannah · Married on 06/15/2014

Goood price with good quality thanks !

Sent on 06/14/2016

Sarah · Married on 08/04/2013

Rian was great! We were so blessed to have him DJ our wedding. We had been to other events where he was the DJ before and knew he would be great. He is easy going and enthusiastic and conducts himself appropriately. Very easy to work with. :]

• Chelsea

Chelsea · Married on 05/04/2013

DJ Rian Souleles was the best DJ for my wedding. He played great music during my reception and even played acoustic guitar for my ceremony. My wedding would not have been the same with any other DJ. He is talented, professional, and fun! I highly recommend DJ Rian Souleles.

Sent on 01/25/2016

Jessica · Married on 10/15/2011

Rian is such a good DJ I brought him all the way from Seattle to DJ my LA-area wedding. He got everyone dancing, listened to our tastes and made sure to ask which songs we definitely wanted to hear. I also just loved working with him, he was really funny and kind. I hope I can hire him again sometime!

Sent on 02/03/2016

Maggie · Married on 09/24/2011

Rian was a great DJ for our wedding- he has super great music taste and was able to supplement our our music requests with fantastic choices that got everyone up and dancing! His music knowledge is astounding and he was able to suggest things that we didn't even know we wanted! The vintage suit also gave our vintage chic wedding a nice touch! Highly recommend.

Caley · Married on 10/16/2010

Rian was an amazing DJ at our wedding! We compiled a list of a few songs that were our must haves, but gave Rian free reign from there. We put our trust in him and he did not disappoint! He is truly an artist--he lives and breathes music and that shines through with the thought and care he puts into each and every wedding. We had a small, intimate wedding and he orchestrated the entire event and provided a warm and welcoming atmosphere for our guests, from the ceremony all the way until the after party. There is absolutely nothing worse than those cheesy, fake, wedding DJ's and Rian is absolutely NOTHING like that! We He brings a fun and genuine spirit to each and every wedding. He was easy to work with, flexible, and professional. Thanks again, Rian, for helping to make our wedding a dream come true!

Sent on 02/03/2016

Eva · Married on 07/24/2010

Rian did a phenomenal job as the DJ and emcee for our wedding! Planning a wedding can be so stressful and it was such a relief to find a DJ with such a vast knowledge and collection of awesome, fun, dancey, soulful music. I was not stressed about the music for a minute! He was easy to work with, asking for my list of "must have" songs and being very communicative and organized. Not only does he have great taste in music, he is a charming, funny and energetic emcee as well. He also managed to keep the event moving at a great pace, with the toasts and the different events (bouquet toss, cake cutting, etc), while also totally going with the flow when things got inevitably off schedule. One of the reasons a wedding that doesn't get off the ground is because the music just isn't right, but you won't have that problem with Rian. He is nothing short of class, fun and style.

The manager of our reception site who was also our day-of coordinator could not say enough great things about working with him as well; mostly attesting to his professionalism, knowledge and flexibility. So many of our guests (of all ages) commented on the high quality of the music and the fun they had dancing, and still do years later! Truly, the music and dancing was one of the best things about our wedding. One of my good friends actually requested to use his playlist for her wedding after having such a good time at our wedding. Rian is amazing and I know you will be nothing short of satisfied with his impeccable work!

Sent on 01/25/2016

David · Married on 04/21/2007

When I asked Rian Souleles if he would DJ my wedding, I was confident that he would do a great job. However, he exceeded all of my expectations and delivered in ways that I wouldn't have been able to ask for.

The process began with my wife, Michelle, and I giving Rian a list of 30 songs that were important to us a month prior to the wedding. He assured us that incorporating these songs into the reception wouldn't be a problem.

On the wedding day, we arrived at the reception hall and Rian was doing a great job of keeping the guests entertained with pre-dinner music like Ella Fitzgerald, "In The Mood", and some surprises like Lou Reed's "Perfect Day".

He was great at moving things along and making seamless transitions from the toasts to the cutting-of-the-cake, etc. He had the perfect amount of low-key humor and charm. Anyone who has tried DJing weddings and events before knows this is not an easy feat.

Then came the dancing part of the reception. He did a wonderful job of knowing when to keep things upbeat and stomping, and when to slow it down, and he created a perfect blend of well-known songs such as Outkast's "Hey Ya", Michael Jackson's "P.Y.T" and some lesser-known greats like Junior Senior and Luscious Jackson. He was sure to throw in some 70s classics for my parents, such as Al Green's "Let's Stay Together" and "Lovely Day" by Bill Withers. Members of the wedding party were big Beck fans, so I also remember a fair amount of "Midnite Vultures" as well. And being a huge 80s fan, I asked him for some Cyndi Lauper and Talking Heads, and he incorporated it perfectly into his set.

At the end of the reception, Rian surprised Michelle and I with his own rendition of Joe Cocker's "With A Little Help From My Friends", and it was epic. We couldn't have asked for a better ending to our wedding.

I've since seen Rian DJ several other events, and I can honestly say that I've never seen a better wedding and event DJ.

• User6320239 · 2+ years ago

We hired Rian because we knew his love and passion for music would make our outdoor wedding special. He didn’t disappoint. He took only the vague information on artist and songs we liked that we gave him and made the perfect choices for the night. He not only played great music but also kept the evening moving along with announcing the cake cutting and toast. We have seen him DJ many events and have always loved his knowledge and enthusiasm for what he does and the people he is playing for. And the vintage tux was awesome!

Sent on 02/04/2016

Casey · Married on 07/08/2017

DJ Rian was fantastic to work with! He not only played our favorites but did a great job pairing his own professional selection of songs. He did an awesome job for the ceremony and welcoming guest and kept the dance floor packed all night long! We didn't want the night to end. We cannot recommend him highly enough!

Sent on 08/13/2017

Shelah · Married on 08/20/2016

We found Rian through a mutual friend, and were thrilled to work with him. Before the big date, he responded reasonably well to emails, and even went to the venue a couple of weeks early to investigate the space. He gathered our music list beforehand and implemented it seamlessly for the full event: the ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception. The transitions between songs at the ceremony were so smooth that our guests didn't even notice the changes! He also made sure to handle the mics for our vows and toasts so that everyone could hear us clearly, even in different rooms. Our music selections were included, as were the requests made by the mother of the groom, and Rian included enough of his own style to keep the dance floor occupied well past the final call. The one thing we wish was followed was our specific duration provided for each of the dances (first couple dance, mother/son, father/daughter). We gave specific times to fit our routines with instructions to fade out, but for all of them the full songs were played with bits of awkward, extra time at the end of each dance. But the audience didn't even notice, so it barely bothered us. We highly recommend Rian for your wedding!

Sent on 08/28/2016

Gabrielle · Married on 07/19/2013

Rian has fun with what he does! He loves music and dancing so he brings that to his work. He was good at reading the crowd and in playing music that matches with what the bride and groom want! He is eclectic and knows his music, classic or contemporary music. He was easy to work with and always a lot of fun!

Sent on 02/05/2016

michelle · Married on 09/03/2016

Rian did a great job DJ'ing our wedding at Court in the Square in downtown Seattle. He was able to use the couple song suggestions we had and create a fun, upbeat playlist that appealed to everyone and got everyone on the dance floor. Rian came to the venue a week before to scope out the acoustics and had no trouble at all with the reverberant tall brick space. We had a great time!

Sent on 10/12/2016