DJ RIAN SOULELES Reviews

DJ RIAN SOULELES 3
  • Jocelyn

Jocelyn · Married on 09/22/2018

A Dream Come True!

We got so many compliments on the magical atmosphere Rian created with some seriously perfect playlists. They worked with us, totally understand the sound we were going for, and then pulled it off seamlessly. Highly, highly recommend!

• Ian

Ian · Married on 09/01/2018

This guy made our wedding a top-notch affair; great playlists, flexible on the night-of and beforehand, great attitude, great song mixing, you name it. I can't emphasize enough how affable and talented he was. Lots of vendors can cause minor headaches even when they are solid; Rian was a pleasure from soup to nuts ... and the dance party after!

Michelle · Married on 09/01/2018

Wow! DJ Rian Souleles made our destination wedding reception unforgettable. Our family and friends are still raving about the music and asking for the playlist. The soul of our wedding party was really Rian’s music, feeding our guests with his tunes, blending the hora with Nelly, simultaneously bringing everyone to the church and the club, crafting a unique blend of eras and moods. It was magic. In addition, he was a great and flexible MC, guiding us through the evening and working seamlessly with our venue staff and gracious to our guests requesting their favorite songs. He put in a labor of love into our special day and we got to take all the credit for a wonderful party. Would highly recommend.

Megan · Married on 08/11/2018

Rian is absolutely wonderful! He takes the time to get to know you and understands what feel you're going for. Very accomodating and super fun! Impeccable taste in music and an amazing artist.

Pam · Married on 01/14/2018

Rian did such a wonderful job as DJ for our wedding. My husband and I had a lot of genre variety on our playlist and he was able to work all of the songs in perfectly and seamlessly with the music he chose too. He was easy to work with and accommodated our guests with their requests. We had a blast!

Kim · Married on 12/30/2017

Thank you DJ Rian! My daughter just got married last weekend in Seattle. It was such a fun wedding. The music was fantastic and the dance floor was busy all night. My daughter told me that it was the most fun she’s ever had and seeing as she was on the dance floor for three hours straight we have you to thank. We are so happy we found you. You will not regret choosing DJ Rian.

Brittany · Married on 10/21/2017

I am so happy we had Rian DJ our wedding! Like many other couples he has worked with, we were both initially drawn to his musical stylings as demonstrated in his cocktail hour mix. My first conversation with him was easy and free-flowing. His warmth and genuine passion for music made it feel like I was talking more with a friend than someone who I was just meeting for the first time. I also really appreciated how he made a conscious and thoughtful effort to understand our musical tastes. Leading up to the wedding, my husband and I decided to take dance lessons, so we were both looking forward to dancing all night long. Rian did a great job of keeping the energy up while playing an awesome mix of contemporary songs, classics, and rare finds that kept everyone moving. I had so many people come up to me at the wedding (and even days after) who wanted to tell me how much they loved the music at the wedding! As someone who loves music, I highly recommend you reach out to Rian and book him for your wedding too!

• User5347311 · 1+ year ago

Rian did an incredible job for our wedding. Not only was he a great communicator, and very responsive, but we couldn't have asked for more from an MC for our wedding. Everything was on-queue and according to plan. The sound during our wedding was great, and it made for a beautiful ceremony. Rian's DJ set was on-point. He played an eclectic and fun mix that kept people dancing all night long; doing a great job of incorporating classics from a multitude of musical eras to keep everyone engaged. Rian was super flexible; we asked him to DJ at three separate locations, all of which required a different musical vibe, and he delivered perfectly. He even stuck around after the wedding reception to play a long set for our "after party" down in a tent on the beach (every single person there was out dancing). If you want a true professional, who is easy to work with, has great taste in music, and perfectly reads the room to play the best songs at the most ideal times, DJ Rian Souleles is your guy. Thanks Rian, it was a pleasure!

DJ RIAN SOULELES 5
    DJ RIAN SOULELES 6

Craig · Married on 09/02/2017

I am so glad we picked Rian for our recent wedding. Rian was incredible to work with from start to finish. He's a busy guy, but he always made us feel like we were his #1 priority, from answering our communications right away, to remembering details we'd told him about our preferences, to talking us through our options when we were being indecisive. He gave us great ideas for our ceremony and reception songs, worked with us extensively on the format of our wedding, and played the perfect playlist during the actual reception. He's also an awesome emcee -- he was funny and warm and just the perfect person to conduct the flow of the reception. Everything was flawless. I got so many comments from friends and family that we had picked the perfect DJ, and I could not agree more! Rian also came equipped to provide our officiant with a small microphone. If you are looking for the right DJ to give you the peace of mind, the playlist you want, and the flow for your wedding to be the memorable dance party or an intimate affair Rian is the DJ you are looking for.

Sarah · Married on 08/18/2017

I cannot recommend Rian highly enough. He was easy to work with, extremely knowledgeable about music and the specifics of DJing a wedding, and worked seamlessly with us (and our coordinator) leading up to the big day. He did a great job setting the mood we were looking for and responding to requests. I have been to many a wedding with horrible music and knew that I wanted someone with great taste. Rian definitely delivered!

Alanna · Married on 07/22/2017

One of the best vendor decisions we made for our wedding, hands down. I am very particular about music and have a wide and some would consider, eclectic music taste. The LAST thing I wanted was some corny, canned wedding dj that played the songs at every wedding that no one really wants to hear. Rian understood my tastes and delivered. Having great music was extremely important for my husband and I, as this is essential to us for keeping the celebration alive. Most people remember when the DJ is a bust and it's hard to bring the energy back after that point. This was not the case for Rian. Rian knew what would keep people dancing, but also was able to bring in the guests across all generations to the floor. What I respect about Rian is that he doesn't just plug in an ipod, he is a legitimate, professional, DJ. Rian mixed, looped and beat matched; something that you wouldn't necessarily get from a wedding DJ booked through an agency. If you want a great party, with memorable music, something that you and your guests will remember and reminiscence about, BOOK RIAN. You will not be disappointed. Rian has great style, is not obtrusive and truly understands the crowd. He is professional with a wide catalog of music. I highly recommend Rian!

Brittney · Married on 07/01/2017

I had heard so many great things about DJ Rian Souleles from my good friends who live in Seattle, that I just had to hire him to DJ my southern California wedding. I was surprised that he was willing to come so far and still keep his rates reasonable. My husband and I are both musicians, and although we wanted our wedding to be loosely based around a Tropical Paradise theme, there were so many songs we wanted to hear at our wedding from almost every genre known to humankind. When I sent Rian our Spotify playlist, I told him I was worried that it was all over the place; a jumbled, mixed bag of music from all different cultures, time periods, and styles. However, Rian did not sweat it, and was somehow able to put my mind at ease by playing the right music at the right times throughout the reception. He kept the energy going, and the night flowing, honoring our requests, but also throwing in a few creative, yet appropriate surprises of his own. He did a great job as an emcee, paying attention to the timeline and communicating with the wedding coordinator to make sure that the night ran smoothly and stayed on schedule. After the cake was cut, it was just a pure dance party for the last two hours of the evening, and that dance floor stayed full and alive with movement and laughter.

Our friends still can't stop talking about how much fun they had at our wedding, and how much they wish we would get married again. They say time flies when you're having fun, and because of Rian's DJ skills, everyone had so much fun that the evening literally flew by in the blink of an eye. We wish we could get married all over again. If we ever do decide to renew our vows or just have anniversary parties each year, we will definitely hire Rian again!

• W

William · Married on 06/10/2017

My Wife and I booked Rian for our outdoor wedding up north in Bellingham, Washington and we couldn't be happier. We were initially drawn to his cocktail playlist which is very chill and unique. When he sat down with us to review what sort of music we liked he was engaged and genuinely interested in who we were and what we wanted. He has a great sense of humor and a warm smile. When the day came the music was fantastic; Coldplay remixes blended with Paul Simon and Drake to make the best vibe we could have hoped for. He nailed all the key moments, was on time and professional, and wore his 70's tuxedo to cap it all off. All in all Rian was one of the best calls we made for our wedding and can't recommend him enough!

Kaitlin · Married on 05/05/2017

Rian is the best DJ! He is so friendly, intuitive, knowledgeable, professional, and energetic. Before our wedding, he asked us great questions about music that we like as well as music that is meaningful to us individually and to our families and friends. He really helped us navigate how to structure our ceremony, immediately after, the first dance, and the various stages of the receptions. His taste in music is phenomenal, he gave 150%, and we can't recommend him highly enough!

Michaela · Married on 02/25/2017

DJ Rian was our first choice for the wedding and I knew the moment we spoke that he was the guy for us. He seamlessly blended my fiancé’s love for alternative with my Top 40 tastes. He was invested in learning more about us as a couple and our distinct choices in order to make our ceremony/reception as reflective of us as possible (Coolio, Jose Gonzalez and Fleetwood Mac on one mix? Rian’s the master!). He’s truly committed to his craft and brings a unique flavor to every mix he creates. He played all the right songs at all the right moments, flawlessly handled toasts and graciously played requests (even the numerous demands for Spice Girls). Plus, the keepsake wedding mix is genius. I played it while looking at my wedding photos just for the full experience. :) Basically, if you’re searching for a laid back, professional and fun DJ, book Rian. Your guests and the music gods will thank you.

Robert · Married on 11/26/2016

Rian did an unbelievable job at our wedding and impressed us and our guests at every turn. From the moment our friends and families started arriving Rian played beautiful classical versions of modern songs and worked with us to get our cues right for the ceremony. From there he happily emceed the event, keeping everything on track and coordinating with our caterer. The rest of the evening was a combination of songs we chose and an eclectic mix of handpicked gems and requests that kept our dance floor full all night long.

You can tell Rian cares about music and knows what it takes to read the room and give the people what they want, as well as honoring any special song instructions you might have, or songs you don't want to have played. He has great taste in music and he's such a charming and knowledgeable person. You'll be getting compliments for months about how great a job he did at your wedding.

Edelmar · Married on 08/27/2016

Rian was outstanding! He kept the crowd dancing and entertained throughout the evening. Smooth sailing with Rian! He was always 3 steps ahead and adjusted the flow of our wedding reception. He played the songs we requested andade it more fun! He knows how to throw a great party. I know so because I am a wedding musician who performance for ceremonies and receptions. I'd hire Rian again in a heart beat.

Daniel · Married on 08/14/2016

We could not be more satisfied with Rian! I honestly cant remember how we came across his path but all I remember is visiting his website and listing to his mix tapes...DYNAMITE! His music lined up perfectly with how we wanted our evening to go. A little bit of Spanish guitar, some jazz, old school hip hop, a dash of cumbia and bachata! He was super polite, friendly with guest, was not one of those DJs who takes over the mic, and read the room all night! He made things real simple for us which is very much appreciated!

Tanya · Married on 08/06/2016

We can’t speak highly enough of Rian. The last thing we wanted was a cookie-cutter DJ for our small and intimate wedding and Rian was able to deliver.

We fell in love with his Vintage Cocktail Hour Mix and hired him to DJ and emcee our wedding at the Corson Building in Seattle. I was slightly concerned about the unusual set-up of our venue (dance floor on one side of the building and dining area/bar on the other) but Rian visited the site with us beforehand to coordinate with the General Manager about how best to set up for the event.

Rian was able to accommodate our drastically different tastes in music without making the playlist seem schizophrenic. We provided him with an abbreviated list of “must plays” and we were immensely pleased with how he filled in the blanks. In addition to this, he was able to integrate traditional Greek dance tracks into the evening – the inclusion of a Greek language version of Billy Idol’s “White Wedding” was a nice and humorous touch.

We knew things were going great when one of our guests gushed early on that this was the best dance music she had ever heard a DJ play at a wedding. This proved to be a popular refrain, as many of our friends and family complemented us on our excellent choice of DJ. With a healthy mix of Motown, pop and contemporary hits, Rian was able to please all of our guests.

What impressed us the most was the fact that the dance floor was never empty, which is remarkable given the fact that we had a relatively small wedding. We’re so glad that we chose Rian as our DJ.

Taylor · Married on 06/18/2016

Rian was an awesome DJ. We were so pleased with the level of service he provided.

My dad actually picked him out as possibility, and sent me his website to check out. I listened to his "sample wedding mix" and by the third track (my favorite Rilo Kiley song), I knew we had found our DJ. He was totally stoked on the vibe we wanted for our event (70's jam rock meets 00's indie rock), and was able to accommodate everything on our Must Play list, including my husband's request of, "Can you just put some Bob Marley on there?"

He was very friendly, professional, and read the room so perfectly. We had to move where he was going to be set up at the last minute, because the weather changed drastically and we had to tent everything, and he was totally flexible. During one particularly epic downpour he managed to perfectly time playing Prince's "Purple Rain," which I will never forget. It made getting my wedding dress soaked memorable, instead of frustrating.

I would highly recommend his services.

• I

Ian · Married on 09/06/2015

Rian is a true music lover’s DJ. If you are particular about music—like I am—you’ll appreciate the care and creativity he puts into his work.

We’ve been to several weddings where Rian was the DJ and not one wedding was like the other. Because he brings something special and magical every time that really connects the audience; he doesn’t phone it in.

We wanted the dance party to be a big and memorable part of our wedding—and Rian exceeded all expectations. In fact, we have Rian to thank for tons of amazing photos of everyone dancing until late at the reception.

I’m a little bit obsessive and prepared 14 hours worth of music for our wedding. Rian made sure that all our most important selections were played—at just the right time. And he still managed to delight us with surprises. He even found a karaoke lounge version of our wedding theme and serenaded us on the dance floor!

Rian invests a lot of time into getting the music dialed in beforehand. In the moment, he really understands the timeline and movement of weddings, and knows how to give the people what they want.

Rian was also the emcee and sound person of our wedding, making announcements, managing the toasts and engineering our ceremony. When you’re getting married you’re on cloud nine, so we were grateful that Rian was plugged in with everyone else managing aspects of the wedding and knew just when to make transitions.

Thank you, Rian, for taking care of us and bringing your magic to make our special day more amazing than we ever imagined.

Ian & Nicole

Carlee · Married on 08/15/2015

We hired Rian after he DJed a mutual friend's wedding where I danced so hard I threw up. We knew he was the one. Rian has an amazing taste in music and a keen sense of occasion but was also really receptive to our input and requests. He DJed our outdoor/indoor celebration for something like 10 hours and moved his set up three times like it was no big deal. He also acted as emcee to help corral guests around the property. One thing I appreciate so much about Rian is that nothing about him says "hired DJ". He's a really genuine person and well dressed dude--he integrates naturally into the vibe of your wedding and adds to the landscape of your celebration. He played my favorite Kate Bush song at the perfect time (it was an epic 3 1/2 minutes) and even though we asked him to stay away from classic party jams, as the dancing went on and our friends made requests, Rian read the room and gave the people what they wanted. We love Rian and recommend him to anyone looking for a DJ who gets it. Carlee and Cary McManus Davis 08.15.2015

Paul · Married on 06/27/2015

smiley face, he did everything perfect thank you !!!

Jeffrey · Married on 06/06/2015

If you want a responsive DJ that listens to you and caters to your musical needs, you'd be wise to go with DJ Rian. We booked him for our wedding and he actually listened to my musical preferences and catered the music to match. I assumed he wasn't listening and would play whatever suited him (I guess I assumed most DJ's do), but he managed to blend my tastes with what the crowd was feeling at the time, and it was brilliant. We had a band, but it turned out the "in between" parts DJ'd by Rian were most of the crowd favorites. I'm still getting compliments now, months later.

DJ Rian also played our "after party" at a small local bar/restaurant, and he knew exactly what songs to play in order to get us emotionally moved. He got everyone, from my mom to my groomsmen, off their seats, singing and swaying to songs we love. I don't remember asking him to play specific songs, so he's either read my diary, or he's one hell of a DJ. I can't recommend him highly enough.