DJ Mike Janedy Reviews

88 | Somerville, MA

88 Reviews for DJ Mike Janedy

Chris Anderson · Getting married on 04/09/2021

Mike READ the group!

Used Mike for our wedding reception at the Barker Tavern. I had a bunch of songs listed, which he played, and about half the room was going and half was sitting hanging out, etc. Mike changed up the style a bit, with some interactive dances, more oldies/fun music, some funny stuff. Sooner or later everyone was out there. He totally read the group and made it so much fun. Not only that but he's an awesome guy, super easy and fun, and his photo booth accessories won over the crowd!

Sent on 10/21/2019

LeeAnn Lambert · Married on 10/12/2019

Wicked fun wedding

DJ Mike was great to work with. His website made it really easy for us to share what music we really wanted at our wedding. Mike was also the DJ at my best friends wedding, and both were a total blast! People danced all night.

Ashleigh Stevens · Married on 10/05/2019

The best!!

Mike was so amazing! Our wedding wouldn’t have been the same without him. He played amazing music and was so easy to contact. Definitely recommend him!!!!

• Andrew

Veronica Smith · Married on 09/27/2019

DJ Mike was great!

Mike was a great DJ for us, very good with communication, uses a great DJ portal for you to select your favorite songs. About a month before our wedding we met to go through names of the wedding party, and all of the important songs during the ceremony and reception. Mike has a great ability to read the room and play music to get everybody on the dance floor and having a good time! Highly recommend Mike for any wedding!

Katie Petrone · Married on 09/13/2019

Highly Recommend

Mike was a DJ for our wedding, and I would highly recommend him to anyone who wants a reliable yet fun DJ. Mike was very professional; he has a personalized website and answered any questions we had. He made his service more personal than just signing a contract and giving a check. He met up with us multiple times in order to get the playlist right. Right before the wedding, he pulled me aside and asked about name pronunciation which showed me he cared about doing a great job. During the wedding he stuck to our suggestions of music and also was very entertaining. He took care of the intros of the bridal party and also made sure the music was done right. He also mixed and customized songs for us. If you want a DJ or professional you can count on, I would go with Mike.

• Stephanie

Stephanie · Married on 08/24/2019

Best wedding DJ

Mike was an amazing choice for our wedding. From the beginning he was beyond helpful with us selecting our playlist, with his suggestions for important dances, and walking us through how the day/night would go. With his help the ceremony music was perfect. My guests has a blast between everything he played and his photo booth. Thank you mike for helping me create the best memories of my wedding day!

Sent on 11/22/2019

Ashley Corcoran · Married on 08/11/2019

HIGHLY Recommend!!!!!!

For my husband and I, music was an extremely important part of our wedding reception! When thinking about what would make the perfect DJ, we wanted somebody who not only played a great selection of music, but somebody who would emcee and really feel a part of our night. With Mike Janedy, not only did we get all of those things, but he went above and beyond to make our wedding truly amazing! To start, he came to our HOME for both the initial consult and the final meeting! He understands how stressful the wedding planning process can be and he wants to make his part as easy as possible! He provides you with an online account where you can pick and choose songs right up until your wedding! He also has playlists you can choose from if you want to see what others have played at their weddings!

Uplighting was very important to us as well, and Mike has a package that includes just that! He also offers a photobooth!

One of the best things Mike offers, however, is the personalized monogram that he projects! It plays on a loop and our guests absolutely loved it! Again, it just made our night feel even that much more special!

Mike didn't feel like a DJ at our wedding. He felt like he was part of our wedding. I cannot recommend him enough!

Sent on 11/17/2019

Chris Waugh · Married on 07/27/2019

Phenomenal Photo Booth with Mike Janedy

Mike DJ’d our wedding 18 years ago at the Barker Tavern in Scituate Ma which was an epic night! I just utilized Mike again for a photo booth for my wife’s 60th Birthday Party on 7/27/19 ! Truly a great addition to your event ! After all these years Mike is the best ever for your next wedding, Birthday Party or any social event large or small!! Your guests will be amazed at how Mike will add that special touch to your day! Thanks again Mike!

Sent on 07/29/2019
  • Amy

Amy · Married on 07/20/2019

Best in the Biz

Mike Janedy is the best! We were lucky to get him for our wedding!! His extensive experience, warm and fun personality and natural talent as a DJ all make him an amazing choice for any wedding! He was wonderful and very fun to work with, is open to anything, will give honest and amazing advice and generally was so awesome!
    He really got our vibe and style of the wedding and us as people. The way he works with clients is so seamless.
    He walks the perfect line of guiding the ceremony and reception in the best way, while not taking over and talking a lot! He was really able to take the wheel, and rarely came on the mic and allowed people to dance! He also hooked up a projector and wrote our name in sparkles- which looked SO awesome!
    We have gotten so much amazing feedback about our wedding, people loved it- and Mike had so much to do with that! The guests LOVED the music and adored him!
    I also want to say his photo booth is amazing! He has dozens and dozens of props and backgrounds! The guests LOVED the whole system he has- and I’ve never seen anything like it! It was so well functioning and beautiful! He also gives a strip to EVERY person in a group photo AND creates a scrapbook for the couple. On top of that, he gives a flash drive with the individual jpgs and the strips- which is SO fun on social media after the wedding!
    Honestly, I feel so fortunate that we got to work with Mike, and we were so lucky to find him! I give him my HIGHEST recommendation! If you’re looking for your wedding DJ- definitely book him!

Sent on 07/29/2019
  • Erica

Erica Carmody · Married on 07/12/2019

Hire DJ Mike Janedy!

We were so happy with the music at our reception, and with Mike’s professionalism. He will make you the happy, no question about it! He makes the day all about you and your guests!

One amazing quality about Mike is that he is incredibly easy to communicate with during the planning process. He has a very user friendly online platform to plan your music by category: ceremony, dinner, reception etc. He also was so quick to respond via text message if we had questions, but the best part was, he came to meet with us at our home to plan out details of the wedding music together. Considering how busy we were, it was so nice to not have to go to another appointment across town.

Mike kept everyone on the dance floor the whole night! He really read the crowd well and kept the energy up high!

Sent on 07/18/2019

Katrina Palmer · Married on 06/21/2019

Excellent Experience

Mike was the DJ at a wedding we attended and he played such great music, we knew we’d be using him! As soon as we booked our date, we reached out to Mike and booked him. Mike came to our house to meet with us and talk about the different packages he offers and how his client portal works. I emailed Mike telling him that my dad and I would be doing a slow song and then transitioning into a fast song and he made the mix of the song for us that was absolutely perfect! He also made the mother/son dance song shorter, but it was such a seamless splice you’d never even know. About a month before the wedding he came to the house again to meet with us to go over pronunciation of all the names, songs we picked, music we didn’t want played, and the timeline. Mike played great music and anytime I went up to ask him to play a specific song next, he did. He was great at reading the room and playing the right songs to keep everyone dancing. The dance floor was full all night and everyone is still telling us how great the music was. I highly recommend him!

Sent on 07/02/2019

Nicole · Married on 06/08/2019

Amazing! Kept the dance floor full all night long!

DJ Mike Janedy did an amazing job at our wedding! He played a great variety of music and kept the dance floor full all night long! We got so many compliments on the music he chose. When we met with him to go over the details he was very accommodating to the music we wanted from the beginning of the ceremony to the end of the reception. We also got a photo booth through him and it was a hit! I highly recommend DJ Mike Janedy, he brought our wedding to the next level of fun!

Sent on 07/19/2019
  • Jennifer

Jennifer Henderson · Married on 12/29/2018

Kept everyone on the dance floor!

Initially one of my biggest fears when comitting to a DJ was that our guests would be bored with the music choices and wouldn’t be on the dance floor. With DJ Mike, all of my fears completely disappeared after our first meeting! He did such an amazing job “reading” our crowd of guests and selecting music that everyone loved. Our guests all said they loved the music and had a blast dancing the night away! Throughout the night, Mike made himself basically invisible except for his music. Unlike some DJs who yell and shout over the microphone the whole night, Mike only announced important things that we had discussed beforehand. We are so thankful to have selected DJ Mike for our wedding! He’s amazing at his job!!

Sent on 02/06/2019

DJ Mike Janedy's reply:

Thanks Jennifer & Brian. Awesome day and such a great time with your family and friends. Best of luck in the future!

Marykate Mcinerney · Married on 10/27/2018

Must have dj

Mike is a legend! He was my DJ at my wedding on October 27th, and people didn't leave the dance floor all night! I told him that I wanted a really upbeat wedding with lots of dancing. I have been to weddings where you don't start dancing until the end of the night (after introductions, speeches, dinner, cake cutting, parent daces, ect) and then you're so tired. He was able to perfectly schedule songs in between introductions, dinner, parent dances, ect so that people were having fun the whole night. He is great with sticking with any requests and he will not play songs or genres that you don't want. I have seen DJ reviews where the couple complained that their DJ played songs or a type of music they didn't want. Mike really cares and wants your day to be perfect. In my opinion, the crowd and the music are the best part of any wedding. The people you were with and the dancing is what you'll always remember. Aside from being an expert in reading the crowd and keeping the dance floor packed, he's a really nice and funny guy. You absolutely will not regret going with Mike. We are so happy to have had him!!!

Sent on 11/09/2018

Stephen Doyle · Married on 10/20/2018

Amazing DJ

Mike went above and beyond! He makes the whole experience so easy! His online program for picking songs is awesome! A dj can make or break the night and boy did he ever make it an amazing night for us and our guests!! Mike had the dance floor packed the whole night with his awesome song selections. After the reception all our guests were raving about how awesome the dj was!! Not only is he an amazing dj but he is a genuinely a great guy. Thank you Mike for everything.

Sent on 11/26/2018

Andrea · Married on 10/06/2018

My husband Greg and I were married at Bittersweet Farm in Westport, Ma on 10.06.18. We knew we had to have Mike provide the entertainment and uplighting for our wedding immediately after meeting with him! He is professional, accommodating, and punctual. We appreciated his flexibility with last minute changes, and his hard work setting up his top quality sound system. Our guests felt so welcomed and were on the dance floor all night! They are still talking about how wonderful the music was. We will always recommend DJ Mike Janedy's services! He helped make our special day perfect.

Sent on 10/09/2018

Keara Ambrogio · Married on 09/08/2018

Never left the dance floor

Really easy to work with and very responsive! He played so many good songs I never got off the dance floor l!

Sent on 11/13/2018

Adrienne · Married on 09/02/2018

We had the best experience with Mike for our September 2018 wedding! He was extremely responsive, easy to work with and very professional. He had a great relationship with the venue we were using and knew all the ins and outs of the best way to plan our events for the night. There was a quiet moment on the dance floor. we had such a great time with him as DJ that we decided to extend the night with his and the venues permission.

Highly recommend Mike for any upcoming events!

Sent on 09/20/2018

Adrienne · Married on 08/17/2018

We wanted a fun wedding full of dancing all night long and Mike did just that! From the very first song everyone was out on the dance floor and never left it until midnight. He has an online system making it easy to select songs and build a playlist. Mike was responsive to all my emails and calls and very professional. We would recommend Mike highly for your wedding!

Sent on 08/29/2018

Anthony · Married on 06/22/2018

Mike was the perfect DJ for our big day! He met with us before the wedding at our ur home and went through every detail of the night with a fine tooth comb. He answered all our questions to make us comfortable and tailored each song to be the perfect length for our dances. Mike was very friendly with our guests at the wedding and everyone was very impressed with his professional aproach and genuine personality. We couldn’t imagine a better DJ.

The Blacks - 2018

Sent on 07/18/2018

mark · Married on 09/24/2017

Simply put Mike was awesome! We always felt like Mike was on top of things from beginning to end and created a wonderful experience for our wedding. He gave some excellent suggestions for our first dance and group numbers and kept the party going thru the end of the evening. Everyone was out on the dance floor thru out the night. Thanks again Mike, you made our wedding a great event!

Sent on 03/18/2018

Mia · Married on 09/15/2017

The photo booth was a great add on to our wedding, not only for the memorabilia but for a crowd pleaser. Mike was great to work with and everything ran great throughout the night with no issues. Mike also did the uplighting for the venue, which came out unreal and I can’t wait to see the photos. Mike was easy, honest and just a nice guy so if your looking for that little something extra for your wedding call DJ Mike!

Nick and Mia

Sent on 10/06/2017

Meaghan · Married on 08/13/2017

We used Mike for our wedding at Bay Pointe Club on August 13th and couldn't have been happier! Mike was so easy to work with from his website that made it so easy to put in all of our song requests to always being available for any questions we had. When I arrived (the bride) to the venue just over an hour before the ceremony Mike was already there and ready to go, definitely putting me at ease. My officiant was also impressed by the mic he had for her, and they both pulled me aside to discuss if I wanted an announcement about no cell phones during the ceremony (which I am SO happy they did that - I never would have remembered to ask.) Mike kept the flow going throughout the whole day, I never had to worry about remembering what was next and the music was perfect! I wouldn't look any further for a DJ for your big day.

Thank you Mike!
    Meaghan & Tim

Sent on 09/03/2017

Lauren · Married on 05/06/2017

Mike DJ'd our wedding this past weekend 5.6.17, and he was simply AMAZING!!! He played all the right tunes at the perfect time, he worked with us to find out what kind of music we wanted playing; songs that he may have not had, I just gave him a list prior during our meeting and he worked it into the playlist. The Photo Booth was a HUGE HIT and we gave out personalized CDs that mike, which I had both from, as a favor and my family and friends absolutely love it and cannot stop playing it! The photo booth pictures are awesome to look at in my album he created for me and gave the guests yet another favor to go home with. Mike is amazing and very outgoing and most of all a great DJ! People were on the dance floor ALL night, even till the very last song! I highly recommend him!

Sent on 05/11/2017
  • W

Walter · Married on 04/22/2017

Mike Janedy flat out rocks!! Since college I’ve always felt that “tunes make a party” and our goal was to have a reception that had great food and an awesome dance party. Mike J made our dance party happen, bigtime! From the start of the process, Mike was easy to work with (even from out of state), had a navigable website, and helped us design a reception with music that fit our musical tastes and those of our guests. Mike works with your style and preferences for the reception, helping you achieve the vibe you want and stay on track with any plans you’ve made in a very unobtrusive way. We had wanted to take a few moments later in the evening for some special birthdays and anniversaries, and he quietly came to my wife during a moment when she wasn’t in conversation or dancing to remind her about it (she was having so much fun she might have forgotten). Since we rarely have the opportunity to gather with so many friends and family, we had wanted to feature some of the more unusual jazz and vocal music we have come to enjoy during the cocktail hour and dinner. Mike was able to integrate our music choices seamlessly with the flow and mood of the reception. During the dancing portion, Mike’s selection had everyone from six to ninety years old up and dancing. Many of our friends commented that they hadn’t danced that much in years. Our only regret was that we had so much great music and not enough hours in the evening to keep dancing. If we ever have the opportunity to hold another event, we would hire Mike again in a heartbeat.

Sent on 11/05/2017