DJ Mike Janedy Reviews

DJ Mike Janedy 7
  • Erica

Erica Carmody · Married on 07/12/2019

Hire DJ Mike Janedy!

We were so happy with the music at our reception, and with Mike’s professionalism. He will make you the happy, no question about it! He makes the day all about you and your guests!

One amazing quality about Mike is that he is incredibly easy to communicate with during the planning process. He has a very user friendly online platform to plan your music by category: ceremony, dinner, reception etc. He also was so quick to respond via text message if we had questions, but the best part was, he came to meet with us at our home to plan out details of the wedding music together. Considering how busy we were, it was so nice to not have to go to another appointment across town.

Mike kept everyone on the dance floor the whole night! He really read the crowd well and kept the energy up high!

Sent on 07/18/2019
    DJ Mike Janedy 8

Katrina Palmer · Married on 06/21/2019

Excellent Experience

Mike was the DJ at a wedding we attended and he played such great music, we knew we’d be using him! As soon as we booked our date, we reached out to Mike and booked him. Mike came to our house to meet with us and talk about the different packages he offers and how his client portal works. I emailed Mike telling him that my dad and I would be doing a slow song and then transitioning into a fast song and he made the mix of the song for us that was absolutely perfect! He also made the mother/son dance song shorter, but it was such a seamless splice you’d never even know. About a month before the wedding he came to the house again to meet with us to go over pronunciation of all the names, songs we picked, music we didn’t want played, and the timeline. Mike played great music and anytime I went up to ask him to play a specific song next, he did. He was great at reading the room and playing the right songs to keep everyone dancing. The dance floor was full all night and everyone is still telling us how great the music was. I highly recommend him!

Sent on 07/02/2019

Nicole · Married on 06/08/2019

Amazing! Kept the dance floor full all night long!

DJ Mike Janedy did an amazing job at our wedding! He played a great variety of music and kept the dance floor full all night long! We got so many compliments on the music he chose. When we met with him to go over the details he was very accommodating to the music we wanted from the beginning of the ceremony to the end of the reception. We also got a photo booth through him and it was a hit! I highly recommend DJ Mike Janedy, he brought our wedding to the next level of fun!

Sent on 07/19/2019
  • Jennifer

Jennifer Henderson · Married on 12/29/2018

Kept everyone on the dance floor!

Initially one of my biggest fears when comitting to a DJ was that our guests would be bored with the music choices and wouldn’t be on the dance floor. With DJ Mike, all of my fears completely disappeared after our first meeting! He did such an amazing job “reading” our crowd of guests and selecting music that everyone loved. Our guests all said they loved the music and had a blast dancing the night away! Throughout the night, Mike made himself basically invisible except for his music. Unlike some DJs who yell and shout over the microphone the whole night, Mike only announced important things that we had discussed beforehand. We are so thankful to have selected DJ Mike for our wedding! He’s amazing at his job!!

Sent on 02/06/2019
    DJ Mike Janedy 9
    DJ Mike Janedy 10
    DJ Mike Janedy 11
    DJ Mike Janedy 12
    DJ Mike Janedy 13
    DJ Mike Janedy 14

DJ Mike Janedy's reply:

Thanks Jennifer & Brian. Awesome day and such a great time with your family and friends. Best of luck in the future!

Marykate Mcinerney · Married on 10/27/2018

Must have dj

Mike is a legend! He was my DJ at my wedding on October 27th, and people didn't leave the dance floor all night! I told him that I wanted a really upbeat wedding with lots of dancing. I have been to weddings where you don't start dancing until the end of the night (after introductions, speeches, dinner, cake cutting, parent daces, ect) and then you're so tired. He was able to perfectly schedule songs in between introductions, dinner, parent dances, ect so that people were having fun the whole night. He is great with sticking with any requests and he will not play songs or genres that you don't want. I have seen DJ reviews where the couple complained that their DJ played songs or a type of music they didn't want. Mike really cares and wants your day to be perfect. In my opinion, the crowd and the music are the best part of any wedding. The people you were with and the dancing is what you'll always remember. Aside from being an expert in reading the crowd and keeping the dance floor packed, he's a really nice and funny guy. You absolutely will not regret going with Mike. We are so happy to have had him!!!

Sent on 11/09/2018

Stephen Doyle · Married on 10/20/2018

Amazing DJ

Mike went above and beyond! He makes the whole experience so easy! His online program for picking songs is awesome! A dj can make or break the night and boy did he ever make it an amazing night for us and our guests!! Mike had the dance floor packed the whole night with his awesome song selections. After the reception all our guests were raving about how awesome the dj was!! Not only is he an amazing dj but he is a genuinely a great guy. Thank you Mike for everything.

Sent on 11/26/2018

Andrea · Married on 10/06/2018

My husband Greg and I were married at Bittersweet Farm in Westport, Ma on 10.06.18. We knew we had to have Mike provide the entertainment and uplighting for our wedding immediately after meeting with him! He is professional, accommodating, and punctual. We appreciated his flexibility with last minute changes, and his hard work setting up his top quality sound system. Our guests felt so welcomed and were on the dance floor all night! They are still talking about how wonderful the music was. We will always recommend DJ Mike Janedy's services! He helped make our special day perfect.

Sent on 10/09/2018

Keara Ambrogio · Married on 09/08/2018

Never left the dance floor

Really easy to work with and very responsive! He played so many good songs I never got off the dance floor l!

Sent on 11/13/2018

Adrienne · Married on 09/02/2018

We had the best experience with Mike for our September 2018 wedding! He was extremely responsive, easy to work with and very professional. He had a great relationship with the venue we were using and knew all the ins and outs of the best way to plan our events for the night. There was a quiet moment on the dance floor. we had such a great time with him as DJ that we decided to extend the night with his and the venues permission.

Highly recommend Mike for any upcoming events!

Sent on 09/20/2018

Adrienne · Married on 08/17/2018

We wanted a fun wedding full of dancing all night long and Mike did just that! From the very first song everyone was out on the dance floor and never left it until midnight. He has an online system making it easy to select songs and build a playlist. Mike was responsive to all my emails and calls and very professional. We would recommend Mike highly for your wedding!

Sent on 08/29/2018

Anthony · Married on 06/22/2018

Mike was the perfect DJ for our big day! He met with us before the wedding at our ur home and went through every detail of the night with a fine tooth comb. He answered all our questions to make us comfortable and tailored each song to be the perfect length for our dances. Mike was very friendly with our guests at the wedding and everyone was very impressed with his professional aproach and genuine personality. We couldn’t imagine a better DJ.

The Blacks - 2018

Sent on 07/18/2018

mark · Married on 09/24/2017

Simply put Mike was awesome! We always felt like Mike was on top of things from beginning to end and created a wonderful experience for our wedding. He gave some excellent suggestions for our first dance and group numbers and kept the party going thru the end of the evening. Everyone was out on the dance floor thru out the night. Thanks again Mike, you made our wedding a great event!

Sent on 03/18/2018

Mia · Married on 09/15/2017

The photo booth was a great add on to our wedding, not only for the memorabilia but for a crowd pleaser. Mike was great to work with and everything ran great throughout the night with no issues. Mike also did the uplighting for the venue, which came out unreal and I can’t wait to see the photos. Mike was easy, honest and just a nice guy so if your looking for that little something extra for your wedding call DJ Mike!

Nick and Mia

Sent on 10/06/2017

Meaghan · Married on 08/13/2017

We used Mike for our wedding at Bay Pointe Club on August 13th and couldn't have been happier! Mike was so easy to work with from his website that made it so easy to put in all of our song requests to always being available for any questions we had. When I arrived (the bride) to the venue just over an hour before the ceremony Mike was already there and ready to go, definitely putting me at ease. My officiant was also impressed by the mic he had for her, and they both pulled me aside to discuss if I wanted an announcement about no cell phones during the ceremony (which I am SO happy they did that - I never would have remembered to ask.) Mike kept the flow going throughout the whole day, I never had to worry about remembering what was next and the music was perfect! I wouldn't look any further for a DJ for your big day.

Thank you Mike!
    Meaghan & Tim

Sent on 09/03/2017

Lauren · Married on 05/06/2017

Mike DJ'd our wedding this past weekend 5.6.17, and he was simply AMAZING!!! He played all the right tunes at the perfect time, he worked with us to find out what kind of music we wanted playing; songs that he may have not had, I just gave him a list prior during our meeting and he worked it into the playlist. The Photo Booth was a HUGE HIT and we gave out personalized CDs that mike, which I had both from, as a favor and my family and friends absolutely love it and cannot stop playing it! The photo booth pictures are awesome to look at in my album he created for me and gave the guests yet another favor to go home with. Mike is amazing and very outgoing and most of all a great DJ! People were on the dance floor ALL night, even till the very last song! I highly recommend him!

Sent on 05/11/2017
  • W

Walter · Married on 04/22/2017

Mike Janedy flat out rocks!! Since college I’ve always felt that “tunes make a party” and our goal was to have a reception that had great food and an awesome dance party. Mike J made our dance party happen, bigtime! From the start of the process, Mike was easy to work with (even from out of state), had a navigable website, and helped us design a reception with music that fit our musical tastes and those of our guests. Mike works with your style and preferences for the reception, helping you achieve the vibe you want and stay on track with any plans you’ve made in a very unobtrusive way. We had wanted to take a few moments later in the evening for some special birthdays and anniversaries, and he quietly came to my wife during a moment when she wasn’t in conversation or dancing to remind her about it (she was having so much fun she might have forgotten). Since we rarely have the opportunity to gather with so many friends and family, we had wanted to feature some of the more unusual jazz and vocal music we have come to enjoy during the cocktail hour and dinner. Mike was able to integrate our music choices seamlessly with the flow and mood of the reception. During the dancing portion, Mike’s selection had everyone from six to ninety years old up and dancing. Many of our friends commented that they hadn’t danced that much in years. Our only regret was that we had so much great music and not enough hours in the evening to keep dancing. If we ever have the opportunity to hold another event, we would hire Mike again in a heartbeat.

Sent on 11/05/2017

Tina · Married on 04/08/2017

Mike did a fantastic job dj-ing our wedding! His website and online forms made planning very easy. He was very flexible in meeting time and location, and has a great personality. He did a fantastic job at keeping people on the dance floor with upbeat tunes, and was respectful of our no play list. We had a blast!

Sent on 05/19/2017

Natasha · Married on 10/08/2016

Mike was wonderful. He came to our house for an initial meeting as well as a final meeting to discuss the music as well as the ceremony and order of events. Mike did the music for the whole day. Some of the music that we requested for cocktail hour was music he had to get but was great about making sure it was played and many guests complemented on the playlist. The ceremony was great as he provided us with different songs throughout each section and provided mics for the JP and speakers. People couldn't stay off the dance floor we even had Nana dancing all night.

Sent on 10/20/2016

Kristina · Married on 07/16/2016

Mike Janedy did our Photo Booth as well as our uplighting. He was incredible to work with. He was fast to respond and made sure that everything was going to be just the way we wanted it- the perfect color for uplighting, the photo booth strip looking just so! His staff on the day of the wedding was wonderful and attentive. The Photo Booth was so, so busy because he has the best props. We even received a flash drive and a scrapbook of all of the photos (so fun to look through). Mike comes highly recommended for both of these services and I am sure he is an awesome DJ as well!

Sent on 09/07/2016

Jennifer & Christopher · Married on 06/24/2016

Mike Janedy was the DJ at my wedding on June 24th, 2016 at the Lakeview Pavilion & I must say he was AMAZING! My guests were on the dance floor before dinner was served and continued to stay on the dance floor the entire night! The owners of the Lakeview had reached out after our wedding saying how fun our group was and that they couldn't believe how many people stayed on the dance floor through out the whole night.

I had researched a few DJ's before my wedding because they are such an important part of that night. Then my sisters boyfriend referred Mike to us & after that, everything went smoothly. He came directly to my house for our first meeting, which was very convenient, & after going over everything my whole family loved him & we knew we needed to use him for the wedding. Mike is very experienced and confident when it comes to weddings, which made my planning a lot less stressful. I knew the music was one thing I did not have to worry about. A few weeks before the wedding he came over for our final meeting & we went over the DJ timeline. Again, he was extremely organized & confident with every detail of the night.

We also use his photo booth service & the pictures came out awesome. It was a huge hit with the variety of props & the picture quality was great. At the end of the night we got a photo album of everyone's pictures & Mike also gave us a flash drive of all the photos that I could upload onto my computer. Everyone had so much fun with it, I would definitely recommend this service.

If you are looking for a fun & reliable DJ, Mike Janedy is the person to go to! From beginning to end, he was on point & made our reception so much fun:-)

Sent on 07/09/2016

John · Married on 06/18/2016

Mike j has been in the DJ business for the past 35 plus years, as I worked with him on a couple of events back in the early 1980's. Today, with his years of experience and professional talents, he is truly outstanding as noted in my highest rating of his services. At my daughter's wedding two weeks ago, everything was perfect in large part to Mike's planning with me in all aspects of the entertainment for the wedding. I received several compliments after the wedding from guests who were truly impressed with quality of the music. Mike knows his business, especially the types of music to play as the wedding goes from introductions to dinner and dancing. I definitely WILL be using Mike again at future events.

Sent on 07/05/2016

Matt · Married on 06/11/2016

I can't begin to say how amazing Mike was. Countless people have come to us after the wedding and raved that our DJ was fantastic. From cocktail hour, through dinner things were great, then once it was time to get people on the dance floor it was packed. He did an excellent job of including the songs we had requested as well as reading the crowd and playing what they wanted. I don't think I've seen a dance floor that full the entire time at any wedding I've ever been too. Mike was very helpful and super easy going through the entire process. I couldn't be happier that he was the DJ for our wedding. We also had him bring his photo booth and this was a huge hit as well. The selection of stuff he brings with him blows away any Photo Booth I have ever been in at a wedding before. The photo book that he made for us was the perfect guest book and we have already looked at it a dozen time since the wedding! Thank you Mike!

Sent on 08/22/2016

Courtney · Married on 06/04/2016

Working with Mike was amazing, he made every step of the way easy and enjoyable! He came to our house and met with me and my husband, and we loved his website where we had our own personal page to personalize our wedding at our leisure! He was very professional on the day of and guests raved about him and his variety of music and his ability to keep the dance floor packed with people of all ages. You won't regret booking with him!!

Sent on 06/29/2016

Chloe · Married on 05/14/2016

Mike was AWESOME! Our wedding was nearly six months ago and the first thing people say is "by the way, your music was great!" Mike honed in our wide variety of song choices ... from Aretha to Tom Petty and more modern choices .. and had great suggestions on how to flawlessly transition the evening, even prompting me to go with Beyonce's version of "At Last" at the *very* last second for an unforgettable walk down the aisle. We opted for the photo booth at the last minute and he was incredibly accommodating. The props were awesome, better than we've ever seen. He really does have a crazy selection! From the second we met Mike, we knew we were in great hands. Highly recommend!!

Sent on 10/23/2016

MIKE WAS AWESOME. All of my family and friends are still raving about him. He played great music, played exactly what we wanted him to, and was really good about keeping people out on the dance floor. Mike did a great job in helping us to find the right timing for our music and was flexible in being able to do the music for our outdoor ceremony, indoor cocktail reception, and then our reception. He did it all beautifully. We also got our photo booth from him which was perfect. We had a photo booth assistant and great props, and even got an album and USB at the end of the night with all of the photos - it was so funny! I would absolutely recommend him to anyone and everyone.

Sent on 05/17/2016