DJ Mike Janedy Reviews

72 | Somerville, MA

72 Reviews for DJ Mike Janedy

72 DJ Mike Janedy Reviews

Andrea · Married on 10/06/2018

My husband Greg and I were married at Bittersweet Farm in Westport, Ma on 10.06.18. We knew we had to have Mike provide the entertainment and uplighting for our wedding immediately after meeting with him! He is professional, accommodating, and punctual. We appreciated his flexibility with last minute changes, and his hard work setting up his top quality sound system. Our guests felt so welcomed and were on the dance floor all night! They are still talking about how wonderful the music was. We will always recommend DJ Mike Janedy's services! He helped make our special day perfect.

Adrienne · Married on 09/02/2018

We had the best experience with Mike for our September 2018 wedding! He was extremely responsive, easy to work with and very professional. He had a great relationship with the venue we were using and knew all the ins and outs of the best way to plan our events for the night. There was a quiet moment on the dance floor. we had such a great time with him as DJ that we decided to extend the night with his and the venues permission.

Highly recommend Mike for any upcoming events!

Adrienne · Married on 08/17/2018

We wanted a fun wedding full of dancing all night long and Mike did just that! From the very first song everyone was out on the dance floor and never left it until midnight. He has an online system making it easy to select songs and build a playlist. Mike was responsive to all my emails and calls and very professional. We would recommend Mike highly for your wedding!

Anthony · Married on 06/22/2018

Mike was the perfect DJ for our big day! He met with us before the wedding at our ur home and went through every detail of the night with a fine tooth comb. He answered all our questions to make us comfortable and tailored each song to be the perfect length for our dances. Mike was very friendly with our guests at the wedding and everyone was very impressed with his professional aproach and genuine personality. We couldn’t imagine a better DJ.

The Blacks - 2018

mark · Married on 09/24/2017

Simply put Mike was awesome! We always felt like Mike was on top of things from beginning to end and created a wonderful experience for our wedding. He gave some excellent suggestions for our first dance and group numbers and kept the party going thru the end of the evening. Everyone was out on the dance floor thru out the night. Thanks again Mike, you made our wedding a great event!

Mia · Married on 09/15/2017

The photo booth was a great add on to our wedding, not only for the memorabilia but for a crowd pleaser. Mike was great to work with and everything ran great throughout the night with no issues. Mike also did the uplighting for the venue, which came out unreal and I can’t wait to see the photos. Mike was easy, honest and just a nice guy so if your looking for that little something extra for your wedding call DJ Mike!

Nick and Mia

Meaghan · Married on 08/13/2017

We used Mike for our wedding at Bay Pointe Club on August 13th and couldn't have been happier! Mike was so easy to work with from his website that made it so easy to put in all of our song requests to always being available for any questions we had. When I arrived (the bride) to the venue just over an hour before the ceremony Mike was already there and ready to go, definitely putting me at ease. My officiant was also impressed by the mic he had for her, and they both pulled me aside to discuss if I wanted an announcement about no cell phones during the ceremony (which I am SO happy they did that - I never would have remembered to ask.) Mike kept the flow going throughout the whole day, I never had to worry about remembering what was next and the music was perfect! I wouldn't look any further for a DJ for your big day.

Thank you Mike!
    Meaghan & Tim

Lauren · Married on 05/06/2017

Mike DJ'd our wedding this past weekend 5.6.17, and he was simply AMAZING!!! He played all the right tunes at the perfect time, he worked with us to find out what kind of music we wanted playing; songs that he may have not had, I just gave him a list prior during our meeting and he worked it into the playlist. The Photo Booth was a HUGE HIT and we gave out personalized CDs that mike, which I had both from, as a favor and my family and friends absolutely love it and cannot stop playing it! The photo booth pictures are awesome to look at in my album he created for me and gave the guests yet another favor to go home with. Mike is amazing and very outgoing and most of all a great DJ! People were on the dance floor ALL night, even till the very last song! I highly recommend him!

Tina · Married on 04/08/2017

Mike did a fantastic job dj-ing our wedding! His website and online forms made planning very easy. He was very flexible in meeting time and location, and has a great personality. He did a fantastic job at keeping people on the dance floor with upbeat tunes, and was respectful of our no play list. We had a blast!

Natasha · Married on 10/08/2016

Mike was wonderful. He came to our house for an initial meeting as well as a final meeting to discuss the music as well as the ceremony and order of events. Mike did the music for the whole day. Some of the music that we requested for cocktail hour was music he had to get but was great about making sure it was played and many guests complemented on the playlist. The ceremony was great as he provided us with different songs throughout each section and provided mics for the JP and speakers. People couldn't stay off the dance floor we even had Nana dancing all night.

Kristina · Married on 07/16/2016

Mike Janedy did our Photo Booth as well as our uplighting. He was incredible to work with. He was fast to respond and made sure that everything was going to be just the way we wanted it- the perfect color for uplighting, the photo booth strip looking just so! His staff on the day of the wedding was wonderful and attentive. The Photo Booth was so, so busy because he has the best props. We even received a flash drive and a scrapbook of all of the photos (so fun to look through). Mike comes highly recommended for both of these services and I am sure he is an awesome DJ as well!

Jennifer & Christopher · Married on 06/24/2016

Mike Janedy was the DJ at my wedding on June 24th, 2016 at the Lakeview Pavilion & I must say he was AMAZING! My guests were on the dance floor before dinner was served and continued to stay on the dance floor the entire night! The owners of the Lakeview had reached out after our wedding saying how fun our group was and that they couldn't believe how many people stayed on the dance floor through out the whole night.

I had researched a few DJ's before my wedding because they are such an important part of that night. Then my sisters boyfriend referred Mike to us & after that, everything went smoothly. He came directly to my house for our first meeting, which was very convenient, & after going over everything my whole family loved him & we knew we needed to use him for the wedding. Mike is very experienced and confident when it comes to weddings, which made my planning a lot less stressful. I knew the music was one thing I did not have to worry about. A few weeks before the wedding he came over for our final meeting & we went over the DJ timeline. Again, he was extremely organized & confident with every detail of the night.

We also use his photo booth service & the pictures came out awesome. It was a huge hit with the variety of props & the picture quality was great. At the end of the night we got a photo album of everyone's pictures & Mike also gave us a flash drive of all the photos that I could upload onto my computer. Everyone had so much fun with it, I would definitely recommend this service.

If you are looking for a fun & reliable DJ, Mike Janedy is the person to go to! From beginning to end, he was on point & made our reception so much fun:-)

John · Married on 06/18/2016

Mike j has been in the DJ business for the past 35 plus years, as I worked with him on a couple of events back in the early 1980's. Today, with his years of experience and professional talents, he is truly outstanding as noted in my highest rating of his services. At my daughter's wedding two weeks ago, everything was perfect in large part to Mike's planning with me in all aspects of the entertainment for the wedding. I received several compliments after the wedding from guests who were truly impressed with quality of the music. Mike knows his business, especially the types of music to play as the wedding goes from introductions to dinner and dancing. I definitely WILL be using Mike again at future events.

Matt · Married on 06/11/2016

I can't begin to say how amazing Mike was. Countless people have come to us after the wedding and raved that our DJ was fantastic. From cocktail hour, through dinner things were great, then once it was time to get people on the dance floor it was packed. He did an excellent job of including the songs we had requested as well as reading the crowd and playing what they wanted. I don't think I've seen a dance floor that full the entire time at any wedding I've ever been too. Mike was very helpful and super easy going through the entire process. I couldn't be happier that he was the DJ for our wedding. We also had him bring his photo booth and this was a huge hit as well. The selection of stuff he brings with him blows away any Photo Booth I have ever been in at a wedding before. The photo book that he made for us was the perfect guest book and we have already looked at it a dozen time since the wedding! Thank you Mike!

Courtney · Married on 06/04/2016

Working with Mike was amazing, he made every step of the way easy and enjoyable! He came to our house and met with me and my husband, and we loved his website where we had our own personal page to personalize our wedding at our leisure! He was very professional on the day of and guests raved about him and his variety of music and his ability to keep the dance floor packed with people of all ages. You won't regret booking with him!!

Chloe · Married on 05/14/2016

Mike was AWESOME! Our wedding was nearly six months ago and the first thing people say is "by the way, your music was great!" Mike honed in our wide variety of song choices ... from Aretha to Tom Petty and more modern choices .. and had great suggestions on how to flawlessly transition the evening, even prompting me to go with Beyonce's version of "At Last" at the *very* last second for an unforgettable walk down the aisle. We opted for the photo booth at the last minute and he was incredibly accommodating. The props were awesome, better than we've ever seen. He really does have a crazy selection! From the second we met Mike, we knew we were in great hands. Highly recommend!!

MIKE WAS AWESOME. All of my family and friends are still raving about him. He played great music, played exactly what we wanted him to, and was really good about keeping people out on the dance floor. Mike did a great job in helping us to find the right timing for our music and was flexible in being able to do the music for our outdoor ceremony, indoor cocktail reception, and then our reception. He did it all beautifully. We also got our photo booth from him which was perfect. We had a photo booth assistant and great props, and even got an album and USB at the end of the night with all of the photos - it was so funny! I would absolutely recommend him to anyone and everyone.

Mike was great to work with from start to finish. We were planning our wedding from a few states away, and he was extremely accommodating of our schedules and wishes for the music at our reception. The sound was great, the wireless microphones he set up for speeches during the reception worked flawlessly (which isn't always the case at weddings!) and people were dancing until they were literally kicked off the dance floor. We would definitely recommend Mike to our friends and family.

Kristina · Married on 01/01/2016

My husband and I had the best experience working with Mike Jandey for our wedding, we can't say enough great things about him! From the minute we met him we knew that he would be perfect for our special day. He was so easy to work with all along, get in touch with, pleasant and always available for questions. We didn't give him a list with that many songs to play at the wedding just general ideas of what we liked, and I can tell you that the dance floor was always full!! Mike knew exactly what to play for every single part of the night whether it be cock tail hour, dinner music, or the last minute bouquet toss I added in. If you are looking for an amazing DJ who will give you a stress free experience and do an amazing job overall you should go with Mike. Thanks for helping to make our wedding day one that we will never forget!!!

Mike was absolutely incredible. People were dancing before the salads were served! He did not stop playing amazing music all night long. I have received so many messages asking me who the DJ was. He was professional, attentive, and easy to work with! Amazing night because of Mike!

• Lea & Patrick

Lea · Married on 11/28/2015

Mike was a referral from friends who hired him for their wedding so we knew right away that he was going to be good. He ended up being way better than good. The dance floor was literally packed all night and he even had a huge group of people up on the floor during dinner service which is rare at a wedding. Leading up to the big day itself was a breeze. Mike was responsive, totally flexible with all of our requests and very professional. We are so, so happy he was a (huge) part of our day.

Casey · Married on 11/21/2015

Mike did an awesome job at our wedding! He was very accommodating meeting us before the event. He even came to our house! He is very friendly and easy to talk to. We felt very comfortable with our decision to use him as a DJ before and during the event.

Michelle · Married on 10/03/2015

Mike Janedy is the best! My husband and I went to two weddings where he was the DJ, so we knew exactly who to call when we were booking vendors. Mike has an online form that makes the whole process easy. It helped us store the songs we knew we wanted and helped to remind of the songs we didn't even think about (i.e. songs to walk down the aisle to)! We filled out the information before our final meeting with him and it made everything go so smoothly. We told him exactly what we wanted - new music that people can dance to and none of the traditional wedding songs (i.e. electric slide, we are family, etc.). Mike absolutely nailed it! He was there early and all set up and got all of our songs exactly right. The dance floor was PACKED the whole night and he even played longer than we booked him for (the venue allowed it!) because everyone was having such a great time. My husband and I, and I'm sure ALL of our guests too, would highly recommend Mike Janedy!

Jen and I were thrilled to have worked with Mike for our wedding. He actually came to us through a referral by another couple that had an equally positive experience with Mike. For our wedding reception, Mike put on a great DJ set for us per our song selections and actually went beyond the call of duty by helping the bridal party get assembled for the bridal party introductions. In general, Jen and I felt like we were in very capable hands throughout the entire wedding reception. Mike is a consummate professional and we would highly recommend him for any wedding, reception or event.