DJ Michael Valenti Reviews

105 | Ellicott City, MD

105 Reviews for DJ Michael Valenti

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Kara · Married on 10/23/2010

We selected DJ Valenti (Michael) after we attended a friend's wedding where he was performing his DJ services - the dance floor was packed the entire night, and we knew we wanted DJ Valenti for our event as well. We absolutely made a wonderful decision! We were so thrilled with the quality of DJ Valenti's professionalism and service. The dance floor was PACKED the entire night at our wedding - we had numerous people say, "I've never seen so many people dance at a wedding!" He was also skilled with the planning phase -- DJ Valenti included two meetings ahead of the event, had wonderful ideas and suggestions, a very smart online song selection tool, and he emailed me a few times leading up to the event to confirm things, and emailed me after the event to check-in. We were so pleased with his responsiveness and his work. You will not be disappointed if you book Michael for your event!

Sent on 11/15/2010

Libby · Married on 10/16/2010

Michael was exactly what we were looking for in a DJ and did a wonderful job at our wedding. When we were planning our wedding, my husband and I weren’t even sure that we wanted a DJ – I guess we had an image of cheesiness, and we just wanted someone who would be low key. We read Michael’s reviews on Wedding Wire and thought that he might be the DJ for us, and we were right. Michael was immediately very responsive (another important quality), and we met with him and discussed what we thought we wanted for our reception. Michael understood that the music was the most important aspect of the night (rather than talking, introductions, etc.), and we felt very comfortable with him.

Michael's website for song selection is very easy to use, so my husband and I were able to pick our favorite songs; it also guided us to songs we wouldn’t necessarily have thought of by organizing most-requested songs by decade. That way we were able to think through a nice mix of multi-decade music. Michael also had suggestions for us based on the way we described our tastes as well as those of our guests.

On the night of the wedding, we weren’t even certain if our guests would dance, but Michael read the crowd perfectly and used a good mix of songs to get many of our guests dancing and to keep them on the dance floor. He made our reception a ton of fun. We even had people tell us that ours was the most fun wedding that they’ve attended, and Michael was a big part of the reason why.

Sent on 11/11/2010

Russ & Rachel · Married on 10/10/2010

Michael is not only a wonderful DJ/Master of Ceremony, he is also a wonderful person. My wife and I found ourselves shopping the host of Vendors, but when we met DJ Michael, we knew we wanted him to be our DJ. That was over a year ago ! Since then, every contact, his kindness, his professionalism, and caring, only re-affirmed us of our choice. ON our Wedding day, we wanted to do a special " Cheesy " NBA intro for the bridal party. Michael ran with it, introduced us as if it was a NBA Finals game, and performed our vision to perfection. The music selections were fun, everyone was dancing and having a blast, and everytime we came over to Michael throughout the course of the day, he greeted us with a smile. If u have taken the time to read my words, and are looking for a Professional, Warm, Wonderful DJ who will make your special day " MAGICAL ", then I encourage you to call Michael Valenti, I can assure you that you will not be dissapointed. Thank you so much 4 everything Michael, we from the bottom of our hearts love you.

Russ and Rach 10/10/10

Sent on 11/06/2010

Jenny · Married on 10/09/2010

Michael was such a nice, fun guy! He's a wonderful DJ and everyone was dancing all night at our wedding. My grandmother even danced to Ke$ha somehow :) He really impressed us at our initial meeting with his knowledge of music and he really delivered on the day of the wedding!

Sent on 11/01/2010

Lindsay · Married on 07/31/2010

Michael was fantastic! He was very professional before the wedding, and contacting him for questions through email or phone was never a problem. Michael gave us his professional opinion and helped us with a timeline. We loved choosing our playlist through his website too.
    The night of the wedding, Michael had the dance floor PACKED from the first song to the last song! No gimmicky talking or interruptions- just songs! Our guests even danced before salads were served! We had such a wonderful time, and we have heard from all of our guests how wonderful the DJ was that night! I will be sure that my friends and sisters getting married in Baltimore in the future book Michael.

Sent on 08/29/2010

Carrie · Married on 07/24/2010

Michael was a wonderful part of our wedding. When I first realized it wasn't in our budget to get a live band, I was a little disappointed... but after using Michael as our DJ the night of our wedding, I wouldn't go back and change anything. We couldn't have asked for a better night of music and dancing. Michael had everyone (and I mean everyone) dancing. He worked great with our other wedding vendors and was very courteous with us and our guests. You must book him early though, he books up fast!

Sent on 09/07/2010

Vickie · Married on 07/03/2010

DJ Michael was unbelievable at our wedding. After meeting with him I knew that we had nothing to worry about!! His experience & professionalism showed from the Bridal Party Introductions, all the way to the last song....

People Danced the entire night. My Grand Mother of 87 years old was dancing to Lady Gaga!! I could not believe it. Even the Coordinator in charge of the mansion, said he was the best DJ they ever had there. It was a night I will cherish forever..My dream wedding was a dream come true, Thanks to Michael, his musical knowledge, song selections and his thorough attention to detail..

I would highly recommend Michael to anyone..

Sent on 07/20/2010

Lauren · Married on 06/12/2010

Michael did an AMAZING job at our wedding! We seriously are still getting compliments from friends and family about how much fun they had at our wedding, and we owe a large part of the success of the event to Michael...there were people dancing we have never seen dance nor would ever expect to see dancing! haha Loved seeing my Dad dance best of all!! Nate and I had the time of our lives and we could not have asked for anything better!
    Again, thanks a million...wishing you a LONG career of making other people's big days AMAZING as well :)
    PS- Even our caterer thought Michael was fantastic and she sees A LOT of DJs :)

Sent on 06/23/2010

Julie · Married on 06/05/2010

Michael is a great DJ. We were very particular about our music and Michael followed all of our very detailed instructions and requests. He also provided the music for the ceremony and was fully prepared to deal with a venue that was a bit awkward to deal with. We were very pleased and thought he was a good value compared with other DJs.

Sent on 06/12/2010

Jessica · Married on 05/29/2010

Michael was great on wedding day. He was so easy to work with. He was ready on time and played all of the songs that we asked him to play and did not play the songs that we did not want. He kept us on track so we did not feel rushed during our reception. He got out on the dance to help with the line dances which was great and made him a part of our day. We loved the fact that he played songs for everyone (all generations). Everyone commented and said they were happy with the music he played. He played music that our parents and their friends knew and songs that our friends knew. I would recommend Michael for your event. You will have a great time with him.

Sent on 06/06/2010

Linda · Married on 05/15/2010

Michael Valenti did an amazing job at our wedding reception at 2941. He picked perfect music to play during our dinner reception and followed our timeline exactly. He was flexible and made changes the last minute and helped us come up with the perfect playlist. He did an extremely great job of reading our audience and playing the appropriate songs to keep our guest engaged. It couldn't have gone any better thanks to Michael! Thank you so much for an amazing wedding reception. I still can't believe our family danced at all! Thank you Michael! You rock!!!

-Tim and Linda, Wedding May 15, 2010, 2941 Restaurant, Falls Church, VA

Sent on 05/17/2010

Anne · Married on 05/01/2010

We could not have asked for a better DJ for our wedding reception than Michael Valenti, he was sensational! He is a true professional, and always on top of everything…yet at the same time he is fun and truly cared about making our wedding special. He met with my wife and I before hand so we could get a feeling for each other before the event, and he stayed in contact with us giving us tips & hints, and answering any questions we had along the way. Through his website we were able to select the songs we really wanted, and Michael has a skill for selecting others that fit perfectly with the atmosphere and energy level throughout the night. Once the dancing started, the floor was packed all night! My wife and I would highly recommend him to anyone! Thanks Michael!!

Sent on 07/16/2010

Claire · Married on 10/31/2009

Michael was an awesome DJ. Being a musician myself, I am very picky when it comes to music, so I wanted my DJ to be a musician who understands music and its significance to me, not just someone who plays other people's music at a wedding reception. I met several DJs before meeting with Michael, and I honestly thought about being my own DJ at my wedding, but with Michael, I knew from our first meeting that he was going to be great. Michael was extremely nice, unassuming, flexible and VERY PROMPT. In fact, Michael was the one who followed up with me regarding my music preference and arranged for a meeting with me and my now-husband before our wedding day! (And believe me, reliability is the most important thing to look for in any vendor). Also, what distinguished Michael from everyone else I met was his understanding of music as a musician himself. If I recall correctly, I believe Michael studied percussion in college and and still plays with his band from time-to-time (which explains why he was so good with beats and rhythms when it came to the order of music to be played). Michael's online playlist is user-friendly and an easy way for couples to choose their music/songs of choice. As an anal musician with an eclectic music taste and a picky former bride, I highly recommend Michael. You won't be disappointed.

Sent on 11/24/2009

Jennifer · Married on 09/19/2009

He KNOWS what to play and WHEN to play it! I cannot thank Michael enough for the amazing work at my wedding. The highlight of my wedding... the dance party. Oh wow, we had an incredible time! Michael was so professional, classy, and fun throughout the entire process. He was an absolute pleasure to work with. So professional, an excellent listener, and very flexible. He was so easy to work that with we had him DJ the entire wedding; ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception. The song selection process was so simple online. He played all the songs we requested and more. He is honestly the best out there.

Sent on 10/24/2009

Arjay · Married on 08/08/2009

I cannot thank Mike enough for the great work that he did at our wedding last month. Our wedding was a success largely due to the great work that he did reading the mood on the floor and playing just the right songs at the right moment. His experience and passion shined all throughout the event. All our guests, even those we never in our wildest dreams expected to hit the dance floor, were dancing the entire night. Our guests were all asking for his contact details after the wedding. That is testament to how much they enjoyed the wedding and how great Mike was.

You wont make a mistake in booking Mike.

Sent on 09/10/2009
  • O

Emily · Married on 07/18/2009

We booked Michael practically on the spot after meeting with him for DJ services. He is very knowledgable about his work and wasn't cheesy or a know it all like some other Dj's I had spoken to. I have had several people (old and young) tell me that this was the most they have seen people dance at a wedding. We had an amazing time and I was soo happy to see people out on the dance floor the whole night. He did a great job picking songs to get the older people and younger people to dance. It was a great party and completely lived up to my expectations, actually even exceeded them! I had specifically requested that the last hour of the reception be recent pop/hip hop music (Britney, Black Eyed Peas, etc) and I had requested a few specific songs. Michael did a great job mixing my requests with music of his own choosing and it was a perfect mix to keep everyone happy. I will truly never forget the very last song and looking around to see the whole wedding out on the floor. I did not want the night to end!

Sent on 08/10/2009

Justine · Married on 06/13/2009

We are so glad we booked DJ Michael Valenti for our wedding! Michael's good nature and professional demeanor immediately put us at ease, and we knew we were in good hands. Michael was very easy to contact by e-mail or phone, and also met with us as needed to discuss some of the details in person. He was always very kind and patient with us, and clearly has a ton of experience to bring to the table. He offered suggestions and recommendations when we asked, and uses great attention to detail (he notes the different beats per minute for his music, to ensure seamless transitions between songs). We enjoyed using Michael's website (linked to iTunes), and were so pleased that he really adhered to our lists of "must plays" and "do not plays". He also got ahold of some of our songs that he did not already own. On the day of our wedding, we were thrilled to hear so many of our favorites played, and enjoyed the songs that Michael came up with on his own as well. Clearly, DJ Michael knows what he is doing, and can really read the crowd. He did a great job MC-ing, and was not cheesy or hokey in the least, just upbeat and professional. Everyone had a great time, and we have no complaints - only praises! Michael is also extremely prompt (he prefers to be early), and was eager to coordinate with our other vendors as well, so everything ran smoothly. We would love to work with Michael Valenti again one day, but until then, we will be recommending him to everyone! He will not let you down.

Sent on 07/14/2009

Joseph · Married on 06/06/2009

Michael Valenti was the perfect wedding reception DJ. He met with my wife and I before hand to make sure we felt comfortable before the event. His website enabled us to select the songs we really wanted played, and the others he picked were right in line with our guest list and the type of music we wanted during our party. He made just the right amount of comments and ensured that the mood was right throughout the night.

My wife and I would definitely recommend him to others... we'd use him again, unfortunately we only get to get married once.

Sent on 09/03/2009

Melissa · Married on 05/16/2009

DJ Michael Valenti is awesome! He is very laid and very,very, flexible. Our wedding for almost 3 weeks ago and our guests are still raving about what a great time that they had and how amazing DJ Michael is. He was always in contact with me and all I needed to do was give him a playlist and he shuffled songs around and it was a blast. He even danced with our guest and my mom. The energy of everyone was positive and very high. I highly recommend DJ Michael for any event. I really enjoyed working with DJ Michael and plan on working with him again in the near future. Even after our wedding, DJ Michael has contacted to make sure that everything went as planned. Overall, DJ Michael was the best!

Sent on 06/03/2009

Kristin · Married on 04/04/2009

Michael did a great job at our wedding! After we left the reception, we both mentioned how we had hardly even noticed him during the evening...in a good way! We had given him a vague idea of music, along with only a few songs we really wanted him to play. He went running with those ideas and made a perfect playlist for our wedding. He got the guests dancing (even those who "don't dance") without being pushy or obnoxious. Throughout the planning process, Michael was easy to contact and readily available to answer questions and help us out with picking songs for our special dances. Especially in the weeks leading up to our wedding, he called on a regular basis to check in, confirm pronunciation of names, etc. He was very attentive to our needs and desires, and thus we were very happy with his service. I would highly recommend Michael...you won't be disappointed.

Sent on 04/16/2009

Chelsea · Married on 03/07/2009

We had the pleasure of working with DJ Mike on two seperate occasions. The first occasion was a joint birthday party for my 25th birthday and my fathers 50th birthday. We did karaoke and had a great time. Mike sang along with us and just made the night perfect. As for our wedding, it wouldn't have been the same without him. Just a few days before the wedding, we made some major changes and Mike was able to adapt and pull it all together. We will definitely use Mike in all of our future events, even if we have to pay for him to travel. With his knowledge of music, ability to apply his personality, and the passion that he has to be the best-he was worth every penny that we paid him and more!!! You obviously have a choice, so go with DJ Mike Valenti. We highly recommend it!!

Sent on 03/28/2009

Taylor · Married on 12/20/2008

Michael was great! He worked with us to understand our day and exactly what we wanted. I don't think the dance floor was ever empty! We even had guests come up to us after our wedding and compliment him. He was a great pleasure to work with and we recommend him to all our friends.

Sent on 01/15/2009

Nicole · Married on 12/13/2008

DJ Valenti was wonderful. He gave us a great deal of attention and made every effort to accomodate our vision for the day. Right when we met him, we knew he would be the perfect DJ for us--flexible, kind, receptive and with a great sense of our music tastes. He has a wonderful online interface to help select the songs we liked. I would recommend DJ Valenti to anyone looking for a DJ. Even our older guests said the music was perfect--quieter during dinner and a nice mix for all ages during the dancing portions of the evening. Thank you for a great service!

Sent on 02/06/2009

Jennifer · Married on 11/08/2008

Michael was awesome! He was a wonderful part of our wedding day. He played the majority of the songs we suggested and added ones that fit the mood of the party perfectly. Micheal worked with our crowd very well, and checked with me before he played any outside requests. We had many many many compliments on how great our DJ was. I would recommend him to anyone for their event and would use him again if I was in need of a DJ.

Sent on 12/01/2008

Leah · Married on 08/31/2008

DJ Michael was great! His website for picking songs and making a timeline was simple to use and very helpful. Michael showed up early, played everything we wanted, and kept people dancing the entire night. We couldn't ask for more. Highly recommended.

Sent on 09/16/2008