DJ Michael Valenti Reviews

105 | Ellicott City, MD

105 Reviews for DJ Michael Valenti

Michael was AWESOME! Many of our friends and family who attended our wedding have given wonderful compliments to our DJ!!!

He met with us three times prior to the wedding, and was willing to meet as many times as we wanted. He responded quickly to any email or call that I made, and was so easy to work with. Michael was incredibly accommodating to our needs. Any special requests that we made were done :) He really helped my stress level go wayyyyyy down!!

Michael did all of the music for our ceremony , cocktail hour, and the reception. At all three, he played the perfect music!!!

We had to extend our reception an extra hour because the dance floor was still packed when it was supposed to end!!! Michael didn't even bat an eye when my dad asked him to play for another hour.

I would really like to thank Michael for doing such a wonderful job. I couldn't have been more pleased with his performance! He knows how to read a crowd!!!! I would absolutely recommend Michael Valenti!!!!

Sent on 06/03/2012

Sara Marian · Married on 05/05/2012

We loved having Michael as our DJ! We wanted a fun, upbeat, party for our wedding celebration, and he set the tone perfectly with our music. We also had a friend performing a live song for us and he was excellent at making sure that his sound quality was just right. He got everyone dancing on the dance floor all night long which was just what we wanted! He played all the songs we requested and knew how to perfectly gauge the crowd for when to have a slow song or an oldie. We are so glad that we chose him for our reception!

Sent on 05/21/2012

Jarrett · Married on 04/28/2012

Michael was originally a referral from my father (also a musician). Of all the recommendations folks had made to my wife and I, this was one of the few that was spot on. Michael's background as a musician is probably a good reason why we liked him so much. We also got to leverage his industry connections - he was able to also refer our guitarist, Jerry Lynn (an awesome vendor, but thats for another review).

Michael has been doing this a long time and it definitely shows in his professionalism, his knowledge of various venues, established relationships (knew our venue coordinator very well), discretion (no idea he was there setting up until it was time to party), ability to cater to our needs (he's definitely not one of those pushy DJs that in my mind ruin weddings by talking incessantly), and read the crowd.

Before we signed with Michael he setup a meet and great, which we were sorta surprised about because we didn't expect a DJ to do so. However, it was a good opportunity for him to understand our personalities and the type of reception we were trying to have. He also showed us all the planning tools available to us, all online. It was really easy, we just provided a timelines, wedding party info, introduction info, music, etc, all through his website. Most importantly his planning tool had a DO NOT PLAY list. He also has a very calm personality and we never felt pushed, he was just really agreeable and accommodating.

Every person at our wedding was on the dance floor all night long. My wife and I and all of our guests had an absolute blast at our reception! That is the sign of a good DJ. He started off with the Horah, slid into music that kept older guests on the floor (while not alienating our younger guests) and quickly transitioned into a full-on dance party. Was the night's music geared towards us? Yes. Did any of the older guest care or mind? Nope. They just kept dancing. 6 months later and everyone still talks about the fun they had.

Sent on 10/10/2012

Christopher · Married on 04/20/2012

DJ Mikey V was way more than a DJ for us on our special day. In a sense, he turned our special day into a work of art by combining professionalism with flexibility and a true feel for the vibe of the crowd. His genuine interest in our special day was evident in every aspect of his work.

Mr. Valenti worked closely with us to script the reception from start to finish, helping to fill in tracks with his own personal touches along the way. This kept the drowd going at a wedding with diverse age groups and musical tastes.

He was also pinpoint accurate on our complicated introductions and intricate musical plans for each aspect of the reception. Throughout the process, Michael Valenti was easy to contact, and always worked with our best interests in mind. He took the time to establish a personal relationship with my wife and I, and it made a huge difference on the day of the ceremony.

In the end, Mikey was so effective and entertaining that he picked up a few additional wedding gig from friends of mine who are getting married later this year. I look forward to partying at another of his weddings soon!

Sent on 04/26/2012

Lorene · Married on 04/07/2012

Let me start off by saying I am a bride who is very hard to please and very specific in my music taste. I could not believe how much FUN I had at my own wedding. Michael created the PERFECT transition of songs and the dance floor was packed the entire night!! I danced the whole night away - you couldn't pull me off the dance floor (and I'm not even really someone who dances much).

Michael played every single song on our list and even put up with our (many) last minute changes. He was so great about not giving in to anyt requests for songs on our "do not play" list.

Leading up to the wedding, Michael's communication was great and he kept us on track for deadlines for playlists, and even met us for coffee so we could get to know each other. I really feel like Michael took the time to understand our taste and to explain his plan for transitions of music to make sure we were on board with everything.

We have great pictures from when the groom and I pulled Michael into our photo booth :)

The party was so much fun, the venue even let us continue on for an extra hour and Michael was great to be flexible about extending his contract on the spot.

I can't wait to have a big party so i can hire Michael again! I reccomend him for any event!

Sent on 05/17/2012

Gayle · Married on 01/08/2012

What a great guy with awesome charisma! Michael did a wonderful job helping us select the right songs for our wedding ceremony and reception. He helped us organize our songs for each "part" of the wedding and made all the announcements perfectly. Thank you for making our special day a wonderful experience!

Sent on 01/05/2013

Tory · Married on 11/05/2011

We have to say that DJ Michael was one of the most professional and
    responsible vendors we hired for our wedding. We were coordinating our
    wedding from the opposite end of the country and he was very reliable
    about contacting us before the wedding, coordinating the reception
    schedule, and meeting with us in person several times before the
    wedding.

What appealed to us about DJ Michael is that it was obvious to us that
    he has a real passion for his profession. That passion translated into
    a flawless reception. At one point during the evening he even stepped
    out onto the floor to lead our guests in a dance. We couldn't have
    asked for more that day.

Sent on 11/28/2011

Jenn · Married on 10/29/2011

Let me start the review by saying I FREAKING LOVE THIS GUY! :)

I had originally looked into hiring him, but he was slightly out of my price range. As such, I hired this cheap DJ and instantly regretted it. You get what you pay for, and it was clear the moment I had signed that contract. Michael and I had initially really hit it off, so I emailed it to admit I had hired someone else and really regretted it. After canceling the crappy DJ, I hired Michael and am so glad that I did. From the start, he was absolutely amazing. I felt like I was talking to a friend rather than a vendor every time I spoke to him (don't get me wrong, he was professional, but he was also very personable).

Michael was the quickest vendor to respond to my questions, and trust me--I had a lot. I used his services for the ceremony, cocktail reception and reception. We had very specific music we wanted, and he happily took our long list of requests... and even sat on the phone with us for 20 minutes explaining why he would recommend certain songs for the dinner instead of reception. That type of service is above and beyond.

During the wedding, I can honestly say I have never in my life seen a dance floor that packed. I even went up to the photographer at one point and told him to get a long shot of how packed the dance floor was--I was so happy everyone was having fun! There were a couple times two slow songs were played back-to-back and literally everyone left the dance floor when the second one started, but I blame it on myself for requesting too many slow songs.

The next day, I met my parents for breakfast and the very first thing my dad said was "Good job hiring the DJ. He was great. Give him good reviews!" I even had someone ask me for the playlist so they can use it at their wedding!

Make sure you hire this guy. I PROMISE you won't regret it!

Sent on 11/10/2011

Laura · Married on 10/28/2011

Michael did a wonderful job as the DJ for my daughter's wedding. The music was perfect - for the ceremony, the cocktail hour, the reception - EVERYTHING. Many kinds of music - everyone was up and dancing. Michael blended in - and did not try to dominate the show with volume or talking like I've heard from so many other DJ's. Professional, fun, reliable. So many of our family and friends have commented on what an excellent job he did. I am a very appreciative mother of the bride - more than I can adequately express.

Sent on 11/01/2011

Erika · Married on 10/28/2011

Words cannot do justice to the FABULOUS job that DJ Michael Valenti did at our wedding, but we will try our best… From the very start, Michael was great. He was extremely responsive to all of our emails and was genuinely excited about providing the music for our wedding. My husband and I met with Michael a few months before the wedding to go over music ideas and for him to get to know us a little better. We met again about a month before the wedding to go over specific songs that we wanted played and then had a final phone meeting a few nights before to make sure there were no loose ends left to tie up.

At first we were a bit hesitant to have recorded music in lieu of live music for our ceremony, but decided to have Michael DJ the entire event from start to finish. Michael worked closely with us to make sure that all of the music played was perfect. He made sure that the ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception each had a different feel and all of the selections were wonderful!! We have absolutely no regrets about foregoing the live music.

Michael is a true musician and absolutely loves what he does, both of which are very apparent when he is DJing an event. Once the dance floor opened up, our guests danced all night long! He knew just what to play and when to play it. Nearly every single person has mentioned to us how much they loved our music and a few people have asked us for a CD of the wedding music. We’ve had a number of guests say that our wedding was the best that they have been to, and Michael played a huge role in that.

Simply put, Michael Valenti is an outstanding DJ and we highly recommend him to anyone! Michael, we cannot thank you enough for all that you did!!

-Erika & Nick

Sent on 11/08/2011

Kristin · Married on 10/22/2011

Michael was great to work with. He was always professional, but has a great personality. Loved the online system that he uses where you can look through and pick songs for Must Play or Don't Play, and where you enter all the event and timeline info. I loved that for certain typical wedding dances, there was a section for the most popular songs, which definitely helped when picking out some songs! Our guests had nothing but good things to say about the type of music played, and were all very impressed by Michael.

Sent on 11/11/2011

don · Married on 10/15/2011

Michael Valenti did a fantastic job as a DJ at my son's wedding on October 15th at Fauquier Springs Country Club. He spent an inordinate and unexpected amount of time talking with the bride and groom in preparation for the event and needless to say the wedding came off without a hitch. He's the best I have ever met and I've been in the music business for years. As father of the groom Michael's professionalism, his on-time arrival (arrived very early), and calm demeanor meant the world to our family as we had confidence that he would be the best we could find. And he didn'd disappoint us in that respect. He's a gentleman and takes his role as DJ very seriously to assure those who hire him that he will do everything he can to guarantee success with the music and the program for the evening. I would highly recommend him for any engagement where reliability, professionalism, and understanding of timing are essential. In three words - He's The Best!!!!! - Sincerely, Don Halcombe - Manassas, Virginia

Sent on 10/26/2011

Michelle · Married on 10/15/2011

Michael was amazing! He was very supportive and responsive during the planning phase of the wedding and far exceeded my expectations on the day of. He provided me with guidance as far as timing of the ceremony and reception, which was a huge help, because I had absolutely no idea how everything was going to fall into place. With Michael at the helm, I had absolutely nothing to worry about. The music was perfect and he was great on the mic! I highly recommend Michael for all of you DJ'ing needs!

Sent on 11/02/2011

Lindsay · Married on 10/01/2011

Thank you so much for making our wedding so much fun! We heard from so many people that it was the most fun they've had at a wedding! While the day didn't turn out exactly as we had planned because of the weather, we couldn't have asked for a more perfect celebration! We will always remember our special day more fondly because of all the wonderful people we met like you, in planning for it!

Sent on 10/17/2011

Janet · Married on 09/05/2011

Michael Valenti was terrific! He provided music for the entire event (ceremony, cocktails, reception). We requested several songs earlier for him to play at certain parts, which he did! He's very responsive by email, and we were able to send everything to him. He looked very professional, dressed in a suit and all. For the reception, we mostly let him do whatever he wanted. We told him the kinds of music we liked, and what we thought guests would like and he totally rocked it! We had a day wedding, too and people were dancing! One of our friends requested an Indian bhangra song, which he actually had and played!

He made sure it was okay if he played group songs beforehand, and I okayed the cha cha slide and cupid's shuffle. He was not shy about getting on the dance floor and showing the people who didn't know how to dance. He also took the time to learn everyone's name for the introductions! Our parents and bridal party had asian names, indian names, and french names, and he learned them all and did a very good job pronouncing them!

Lastly, he was able to work with our budget. We found a price that could work for us and for him. He was very friendly and approachable. He's a really good deal!

Sent on 05/24/2012

Peggy · Married on 08/21/2011

Michael provided music for my entire wedding day: ceremony, cocktails, and reception. I suggested a couple of songs for each event to give him an idea what kind of feel we were going for and he ran with the rest. He also went through to double check with me he had the correct versions for the different songs I wanted to use, and worked with my hired dance group to have their performance song played at the reception. Mine was a daytime wedding so getting people onto the floor is an uphill battle. But he was still able to pull it off and eventually got guests off their butts and onto the floor--even my mom who does NOT dance (I will admit, I found this both fascinating and horrifying at the same time). He is not an over-the-top cheesy DJ, nor does he stay in the corner the whole time--a good balance, interacting with the guests when appropriate. One of the main reasons I decided on Michael was because he offered to meet me in person--I interviewed several DJs and all others preferred to stick to the phone, or reluctantly agreed an in-person meeting can be done if necessary although they really didn't think it was needed. I understand DJs have probably done many many weddings and know the routine, but this is my first (and only) one, so it made all the difference that Michael went out of his way and offered to meet up.

Sent on 09/08/2011

Bryce · Married on 08/14/2011

Mike Valenti was an AMAZING DJ! We had him DJ our wedding last month and could not be happier with how he ran the reception. He handled each transition very smoothly. He was extremely entertaining and fun. He made sure to play songs that everyone loved...it was a non-stop dance party the entire night! After the reception, about 15-20 people commented to me that Mike was the best DJ they had ever seen at a wedding. Everyone loved him and I could not give a higher personal recommendation. If you want your event to run smoothly and for you guests to have a blast, then hire Mike Valenti. Thanks so much, Mike for giving us such a wonderful reception!

Sent on 09/09/2011

M · Married on 07/23/2011

Michael is not only professional but he cares about the flow of your event and will take the time to work with you to bring your inner vision to fruition. It is a pleasure to have a vendor that works hard to understand the needs of his clients. Five stars is not enough!

Sent on 10/14/2011

nancy · Married on 07/09/2011

Our parents wanted a big band, we wanted a serious DJ. DJ Michael V is it! His, professionalism, enthusiasm, and experience all came into play. Our wedding was amazing, Michael being our DJ really had a lot to do with that! We were blown away, by his style, and the sound of our venue. The room could hold over 400 easily, and his tunes stretched from corner to corner, sounded amazing. We had 230 people dancing the whole time, DJ Michael V. has to be you're top choice if you're looking for a DJ!!, his planning, and expertise are what sets him apart from other DJ's, we were thrilled to have him, and will use him again for other events in the future!

Sent on 07/14/2011

Kristine & Ed · Married on 06/25/2011

Working with Michael was great. I pretty much went into this thinking I wanted someone who could just do a great job with little direction from me. Michael did a fantastic job. He picked wonderful music and had the dance floor full the entire night. I'm really glad we booked him for our wedding and I would recommend him to other couples.

Sent on 08/26/2011

Chris · Married on 06/11/2011

Michael did an amazing job at our wedding! Our wedding was at a country club outside under a tent and it was very hot which could have easily made everyone stay in the inside portion which had A/C (making the dance floor vacant).However, he did an amazing job selecting songs that kept everyone dancing all night. I can't remember a single time that the dance floor was empty. He does an amazing job at building the momentum in the room. There was never a time when a song was played that cleared the floor. Also, he was very professional, responsive and met all of our needs. He kept everything on schedule and worked independently with our caterer to coordinate the night. You do not need to worry because he is punctual and makes things very easy. Everyone had a blast and he delivered exactly what we wanted! I wouldn't have changed a thing. I'd advise everyone who wants a Dj to choose Michael-- forget the band that is overpriced and takes breaks and choose a Dj who won't ever stop your party!!

Sent on 06/28/2011

Allison · Married on 05/29/2011

Going into the wedding planning, I did not realize how difficult it would be to find a DJ who was skilled and friendly, but not cheesy. Out of all of the wedding vendors I researched and met, finding a DJ who matched what we were looking for was the most difficult. We thought we would have to compromise our expectations until we met Michael. Immediately we could tell how knowledgeable he was about music and how much he truly cared about us and our wedding. When we first met, he played some songs and showed us how he would mix the songs together based on beats per minute. He then talked about his technique in getting people of all ages up on the dance floor.

Michael was true to his word. On our wedding day, we had a wide range of ages on the dance floor at any given time--from my 5-year-old nephew to my friends in their 20s to my parents in their 60s and to my grandparents in their 80s and 90s! They were all dancing and having a great time. Many people had told me that a DJ could make or break a wedding, but it wasn't until I was there and looked around and saw how much fun everyone was having that I truly understood. Immediately after the wedding and over the past 7 months, our guests are still commenting on how awesome our DJ was. They said he played the perfect mix of music that all age groups could relate to, and I would totally agree!

Back to the planning process, Michael remained in communication with us from the time we selected him as our DJ to the actual wedding day to make sure that everything was how we wanted it to be. He allows his clients to use this website that lets you select what songs you would like played and what songs are on your "do not play" list. Using this website was great because it made me confident that Michael would have a good idea of what music we liked (and did not like) and would make things run more smoothly. It did just that.

We are so glad we chose Michael to be our DJ. Thank you for helping to make our wedding day such a success!

Sent on 01/02/2012

Rachel · Married on 05/14/2011

Hands down, best decision we made in respect to vendors for our wedding. Mike is a PRO and it shows in everything he does, whether it is his meetings with you before the wedding to help you plan your day, the easy online tools you can use at home to pick your songs and make a timeline, or the flawless way he leads your reception from start to finish.
    It is so obvious that he loves music and dancing and getting people involved and that is just contagious. Our dance floor was packed the entire night and he was so great at taking our playlist and adding his own expertise. He also orchestrates the entire evening, even between other vendors, the reception site, your family, and keeps the night going with all the toasts, pictures, etc.
    We can't recommend him enough!

Sent on 08/24/2011

Jackie · Married on 04/16/2011

DJ Michael Valenti made my wedding reception an amazing time. From the beginning, even getting our first meeting under way, Michael went out of his way to make sure everything was easiest for me. He made the process of picking songs and planning a timeline stress free and easy.

During the reception, he managed to play all the songs on the play list, and some more that everyone really enjoyed. The best part is he knew what the crowd wanted and helped make the night a blast.

I couldnt be more happier with his services!

Sent on 04/19/2011

Tom · Married on 10/30/2010

As any wedding guest will tell you, the DJ can make all the difference in the world in how people remember the reception. After working with Michael, we could not be happier that he was the DJ and MC for our special day - Michael played a major part in making the evening absolutely special and unforgettable.

Starting from the months leading up to the wedding, Michael was professional, informative, accommodating, responsive, and fun to work with in planning the reception. He had great ideas for everything from room layout to entrance songs for the wedding party. He always had great suggestions when we asked for his opinions, but was never pushy - and his experience with both weddings and music was most evident.

Michael had a great selection of music and was accommodating both prior to the big day, and during the reception when guests had requests. He also knew exactly how to read the crowd and play the right songs, at the right time. He played so many songs that accommodated both the young and older crowds, and filled the room with exactly the right type of energy at the different points throughout the night. Michael had the dance floor filled from the end of dinner to the end of the night.

While all these characteristics made him the right choice, Michael's personality really put him over the top. We'd give him 6 stars if we could. Michael obviously cares about his clients, and goes the extra distance to make the event truly memorable for them. For example, he proactively took the time to understand the pronunciation of everyone's name in the wedding party and their relationship to us, to make the introductions more meaningful. That's the type of service that isn't advertised on a website, but makes all the difference in the world in how people remember the reception.

Thank you Michael!