DJ Mav Entertainment Reviews

8 | Gardiner, NY

8 Reviews for DJ Mav Entertainment

Danica R. · Married on 05/01/2021

Awesome DJ!

DJ Mav killed it at our wedding 5/1/21. We have heard from multiple guest that they loved his style and playlist. Every detail I asked him to create was executed perfectly. Which for me meant ALOT! He was great at communicating during the entire process and his prices are more then fair. I really appreciated his knowledge and advice.

Sent on 05/10/2021
  • O

Olesya · Married on 08/18/2018

Mike is a very experienced professional that worked with us to get exactly what we wanted. We had several phone meetings to get to know each other, and discuss the information we filled out in the online planning portal. Our Onteora Mountain House wedding had a mix of classic wedding music, Russian and Georgian songs, ballroom dance and club. He also provided uplighting for the room. The wedding reception events ran very smoothly under his supervision. He pronounced a lot of difficult names perfectly. He talked on the mic a perfect amount, and had a very smooth pleasant voice. We didn’t want one of those DJ’s who incessantly talks or screams on the mic to get the crowd amped up. My husband and I wanted the last few hours of the reception to feel like a club, with lights, bass, glow accessories, a cool DJ stage setup, and mixing from one song clip into another. Mission accomplished! With DJ Mav, we got lots of bang for our buck. We also appreciated that he was calm, easy going, and happy to accommodate some unplanned events/announcement (i.e. a college group picture, impromptu singing performance). We would highly recommend DJ Mav to all couples in the area.

Sent on 10/13/2018

Rebecca · Married on 04/14/2018

Was very professional. Made it very easy to pick out the music.

Sent on 04/28/2018

Lauren · Married on 11/18/2017

Throughout the process, Mike was great at communicating and planning the music for our wedding with phone calls and online forms. On the day, he kept everyone on the dance floor, played all the songs we asked and even took the time to build a hilarious and fun introduction that my husband and I wanted for us and our bridal party! If you want someone who's great to work with and will help make all your music ideas come true, (and isn't a cheesy DJ!), Mike is a great choice for your wedding!

Sent on 11/23/2017

Gloria · Married on 06/24/2017

DJ Mav helped to make my daughter and son in laws wedding spectacular. Music wise it was pitch perfect! From the ceremony all the way to the last dance,we could not have asked for better professionalism, or service from anything one else. Thank you DJ Mav for making it a day to remember. I highly recommend.

Sent on 07/01/2017

Stacey · Married on 01/14/2017

Fabulous!! My husband and I had booked DJ Mav Entertainment because we had heard them at a friends wedding. We were NOT dissapointed. As a bride, we are always researching and planning. Mike asked me all of the questions and essentially helped me plan out the music portion of the day. They call you and basically walk you through everything that needs to be figured out. Really, they made my life easier. As I got closer to the wedding, you learn to appreciate companies like that. As far as the wedding day goes, our DJ Mike took control over the day using the microphone to help inform people of what was going on, helping guide them as to what we were doing next, and again just letting me have a good time while he made sure everything ran smoothly. He was also incredibly flexible. When things didn't go according to plan, he made things work. We had a LOT of compliments the next day at the gift opening on what a good job the DJ did. People were on the dance floor all night. That says a lot when you have not only younger people saying they loved the DJ but older relatives as well. The up-lighting: Well, it was worth every penny in my opinion. It changed the room from ok to fabulous. Dj Mav Entertainment was not the least expensive DJ out there, they were not the most expensive either. Music is such a big part of the day, and in my opinion they were worth every penny. Hopefully you all find this review helpful. I can not say enough good regarding this company. Happy planning!

Laura · Married on 06/06/2015

The best wedding DJ that we could have hoped to find! Excellent Wedding DJ! DJ Mav was the best wedding DJ that we could have hoped to find! He was thoughtful, polite, engaging, and was so responsive to our specific requests. He remained visible and engaged the dance floor without drawing attention away from the party atmosphere. DJ Mav picked music that moved easily form one part of the evening to the next, and he kept everyone dancing! Music was a HUGE part of our evening, and DJ Mav created a seamless production. He is professional and courteous, and also knows how to keep everyone enjoying the event. Anyone who books him will be very happy with the experience of working with him throughout the process.

Matt · Married on 08/01/2015

Overall, we couldn’t have asked for more out of a DJ. I had DJ Mav DJ my wedding in June, 2011 at Studio 450 in Midtown Manhattan and he was stellar to say the least… the venue was a 2 floor place, he had 2 set-up’s, the first upstairs for the ceremony and cocktail hour and the other downstairs for the reception – Everything went smoothly in every facet of the night, including the transition from upstairs to downstairs. He was given a long list of music requests varying from the Rolling Stones to modern day Indy music and all was played and as requested (certain songs for the cocktail hour, certain ones for the dance portion of the night). He really got the party going during the reception by adding in some of his choice selections that were geared toward the crowd. All announcements were made and he took all my requests – I think I had half the party tell me how great the DJ was. Overall, we couldn’t have asked for more out of a DJ, I would recommend him for any event. -Matt & Livia Van Horn