DJ Kate - Fernando Productions Reviews

61 | Lenexa, KS

61 Reviews for DJ Kate - Fernando Productions

Boston Stiverson · Married on 06/08/2019

Wedding Review

DJ Kate was outstanding. She did everything we asked of her and even more. Her interaction with the crowd was great. She did an awesome job of feeling what the crowd wanted and enjoyed. I would highly recommend her to anyone looking to have a party!

Sent on 06/24/2019

Mekayla · Married on 11/17/2018

The pro who knows!!

Above and beyond!! This lady made our night better than we could have imagined! She was a calming presence, organized every step of the way and armed with great suggestions! We totally leaned on her expertise and she did NOT disappoint! Please don't trust your important event with just anyone!! She knows what she's doing!! I got compliments all night, and still can't believe how flawlessly the night flowed. Thank you, thank you, thank you Kate!!!!

Sent on 12/06/2018

Tim Lee · Married on 09/22/2018

DJ Kate is the best

Fernando runs the best DJ company in the area. Not to mention, he is one of the most professional and caring people I’ve met. For our wedding, we were set up with DJ Kate, and we couldn’t have asked for a better DJ for our wedding. She has a feel for every situation and knows what to say and play at every moment. We had no worries in the back of our mind as we were able to meet her beforehand and have everything planned out. Fernando and his DJs take pride in making your special day perfect!

Sent on 10/28/2018

Kendra · Married on 08/11/2018

DJ Kate was fantastic! She's super personable and down to earth during the planning process and all class the day of. She did a great job engaging the crowd without using cheesy gimmicks - which i've seen and hated at other weddings. And - to top it off - after the farewell song, she invited my in-laws back into the reception hall and played one last slow song for them. It's such a special memory for them and made a lasting impression on all of us! Kate's the best!

We also rented a photobooth through her company - which was amazing. We have the best photo collection from it!

Sent on 10/08/2018

Brian · Married on 07/28/2018

Holy Grail of DJ's Batman. We hired DJ Kate for our wedding reception, and ALL we wanted was an epic party. She delivered and then some. She used her magical skills to set our dance floor on fire. I don't even know how many guests came up to me throughout the night to ask me where I found this girl and where she was playing next. We loved her. I mean absolutely loved her. Everything I had imagined and more. Do not hesitate to book Kate.

Sent on 08/05/2018

Kendra · Married on 07/21/2018

Our wedding was over 3 months ago and we are STILL getting compliments about this girl!! She was amazing in every sense of the word! Planning an out of state wedding is so stressful, but DJ Kate went above and beyond,responding so quickly to texts and emails, created our timeline and even coordinated sending it out to our other vendors! But more importantly, she absolutely killed the playlist for our night! She even surprised us with our second choice of a first dance (we couldn't decide!) at the end of the night... We had SO much fun- exactly what we wanted -thanks to DJ KATE!!

Sent on 09/25/2018

Christine · Married on 06/09/2018

Dj Kate was absolutely wonderful! She went above and beyond to make sure our day was everything and more. She took great care of my family as emotions were high with my fathers passing earlier this year and she homered him with respect. Kate even allowed my father in law to spin on her table. If you don’t use Kate you are seriously missing out on one of the best dj’s in KC!

Sent on 10/08/2018

Courtney · Married on 04/28/2018

DJ Kate created the 90s dance party we'll be talking about for years! She was totally on board with all of our goofy requests, and helped the ceremony and reception run smoothly. Our niece and nephew keep asking when they can come dance at our wedding again!

Sent on 05/29/2018

jon · Married on 04/28/2018

How do you even rate a DJ with just 5 stars, when they literally MADE YOUR WEDDING DAY?? We were so fortunate to have DJ Kate (air horn, air horn, air horn!!!!!) at our reception and she killed it. Our meetings were so fun, it didn't feel like planning! We had no clue what to do, but she took it all in stride and made excellent recommendations. Everything went flawlessly from ceremony to our send off- she owned the night and our crowd! Hit after hit, no cheesy stuff, no lame jokes, just great emceeing! (ps. I left a better review on The Knot, so look there :))

Sent on 06/05/2018
  • Hannah

Hannah · Married on 03/17/2018

Highly Recommend DJ Kate!

DJ Kate with Fernando Productions did an outstanding job for our wedding this past April. We met with Kate prior to the wedding a couple times to make sure we had everything in order. Kate made the planning process so fun and easy! She made sure to know the schedule of the night, so she could help us stick to the schedule and have the night go smoothly. She also gave us an online ID to assess an online service for us to pick our formality dances, request songs, or put sings on a "do not play" list! From there, we were able to select the songs we wanted with ease and whenever was easiest for us. When the wedding night arrived, we had full confidence in Kate, and we were so excited! Through the course of the night, Kate ran the show and made sure everything went as planned - and I am very thankful for that! She had people on the dance floor until the venue closed down! Highly recommended!!!

Sent on 06/30/2019

Sara · Married on 01/20/2018

There are not enough stars to rate this woman!! She is an absolute phenom!!!! We love DJ KATE! We knew immediately on meeting her that she was the one! I know she does a lot of weddings but man, she made us feel like all she cared about was that ours was the best! She walked us through things to ask our venue and photographer even! She knows so much about how things should run, and by the way-planning system?? AMAZING!! our favorite part planning our reception was going through the music online!! So more on the night of - she absolutely killed it. Like KILLED it. My mom said later on how relieved she was to have DJ Kate keeping everything running, even making sure my dad was ready for our dance! Dance floor opens and yup! We had the best night of our lives sweating it out to all the hits! She played stuff from our list of course, stayed away from that horrible, typical cheesy wedding stuff, and kept everybody out just rocking! I was so tired but couldn't leave the dance floor!! Thank you, thank you DJ Kate!!!!! I can't imagine what our wedding would have been like without you, thank you for taking care of everything with such professionalism and energy and just love for what you do!! Book her so we can crash your wedding!!:)

Sent on 03/27/2018

Tylar` · Married on 09/16/2017

10/10 would recommend! DJ Kate was AWESOME!! She is so cool and easy to work with- we met and went over what kind of music we liked, what kind of music we thought would get the guests dancing, what not to play- everything! She also pretty much ran the show after the ceremony and made the night go by exactly how we had planned! We couldn't have been more pleased with our DJ choice. Heck, I want to have some other huge party and have her DJ that!

Sent on 11/03/2017

Austin · Married on 07/29/2017

DJ Kate is absolutely amazing. She is very professional and knows how to get the party flowing. The flow of the night was amazing and she made sure everything was taken care of. Very down to earth and easy to plan with. We give her the highest recommendation!

Kristen · Married on 07/15/2017

My husband and I used DJ Kate from Fernando Productions after a friend at work had recommended her. We were so impressed with her professionalism and I knew we'd be in good hands the day of our wedding. She even ended up altering the song for my walk down the aisle to make it fit the timing and did a mix for our first dance! She went above and beyond for us and we had a great time dancing and celebrating at our wedding. Definitely recommended!!

Lindsey · Married on 06/03/2017

100 stars!! LOVE LOVE LOVE HER!!!! We were referred to Kate through a coworker, and I am so thankful we were!! From our initial meeting, she made us feel like we were close friends, helping us envision our day and shared in our excitement!! Her online planning tool was extremely helpful for us! We were able to view our timeline as often as we wanted, and could easily share with our vendors (who, by the way, also had the best things to say about Kate!). We were helpless in the music department, so thankfully DJ Kate came to the rescue!! She had the perfect mix of songs for not only two VERY different families, but all the ages as well. She even let my dad get back and "attempt" to DJ!!! He was in Heaven! She brought such an amazing energy and life to our night, was phenomenal on the microphone, not the overbearing, cheesy, constant lame jokes we've heard from other DJ's! I would 100% recommend her to anyone!!

Sent on 11/16/2017

Julie · Married on 05/06/2017

Kate is the BEST!! She was great to work with and when we met with her regarding our ceremony and reception, she reminded me of things I completely forgot or didn't even think of!!
    Kate went the extra mile to try and find songs that we requested for our ceremony and reception and I loved that she did that! She even kept the photographers updated on the timeline so nothing was missed!!!
    We had several compliments on how great our DJ was and I think Kate is the best for ANY event that you need a DJ at!!

Sent on 05/24/2017

Courtney · Married on 04/29/2017

Can't say enough good things about DJ KATE - I would absolutely recommend requesting her! She was the best. They have an online portal for requesting music, but we ended up hardly using it as once we had a chance to meet Kate and talk to her about what we liked we knew she would kill it, and she did! We also didn't have a wedding planner and Kate basically ran the whole night for us, right down to assisting with lighting candles before the guests arrived. She is fun, easy to work with, knows her music, and literally made our whole night. You will not regret hiring her. Thank you Kate!!!

Stephanie · Married on 04/15/2017

We absolutely love this company! We had DJ Kate (aka, DJ KAAAAAAATEE!!!!) for our wedding, and just WOW!! She was more organized than I was, which is really saying something. She asked us questions about our day I hadn't even THOUGHT of! When we left our meeting with her, I felt completely confident our day would be flawless. It was!! Not only was she on top of every damn detail, we felt she was genuinely invested and excited about OUR reception. We gave her very little work off of with music, but she absolutely nailed it! She played a little bit of everything, never sticking with the same kind of songs for too long, and by the end of the night, had everyone sweating, dancing to songs I have never heard played at weddings (a little Chance the Rapper?? Not for everyone, I know- but perfect for us!!). All in all, I would hire these guys again in a heart beat!

Sent on 07/04/2017

Maddison · Married on 03/11/2017

We LOVE DJ KATE!!!!! She made our night exactly what we wanted and more! Her energy is contagious and I was getting compliments about her BEFORE we even finished dinner!! How could I not? She was with us every step of the way, planning it all and helping us with things we never even knew we had to think about!! Due to time, we didn't give her much to work with for music, but turns out we didn't have to!! She knew just what to play! When you have a dance floor full of shoeless girls, you know it's a good time! Thank you, THANK YOU Kate for everything! Our night wouldn't be complete without you!

Sent on 05/12/2017

Tricia · Married on 01/07/2017

DJ Kate was by far the most professional and engaging DJ we met. She knew my husband and I had one major request in mind....keep everyone on the dance floor all night long. She outdid herself. She kept everyone from my grandparents all the way down to my 9 year old dancing at the same time all night long. She knows what to play and when to play it!

Sent on 05/23/2017

Deanna · Married on 09/17/2016

DJ Kate is just simply the best! I got married on 9/17/16 and there are not enough words to say how amazing she is. Not only is she an amazing DJ, she is one of the coolest people I've ever met. She tailored our wedding music to completely represent us and totally went along with my husband's less than traditional groomsmen' entrance. The dance floor was full all night and people kept coming up to me asking "where did you find this DJ!? She's amazing!" ....I continued to have people text me the following day inquiring about her as well. Simply put -- HIRE HER. I truly believe the DJ sets the whole vibe for your wedding and kind of makes or breaks if people have a good time/dance/ect. She is the sweetest, kindest person and I would hire her a million times over!

Sent on 09/24/2016

Jenna · Married on 08/27/2016

My husband and I literally had no idea what to expect when planning a wedding, and Kate walked us through and helped us schedule everything out so our reception ran smoothly! Not to mention, she has rockin' taste in music, and knew exactly what to play to get people up and dancing. I could not recommend someone more! Absolutely wonderful experience :)

Sent on 09/23/2016

Ashley · Married on 08/20/2016

DJ Kate went above and beyond to make our day excellent. Now a month after our wedding day, our guests have still been raving about the awesome time they had and how great the DJ was.

The thing that makes DJ Kate different is her ability to keep the momentum of the party going. She doesn't let that 'lull' between songs happen - she matches/mixes tempos so that songs flow one after another after another. On top of that she is professional with a sparkling personality and hilarious sense of humor.

Worth every penny!

Sent on 09/23/2016

Kyle · Married on 08/13/2016

What a stellar husband and wife team!!! We have seen these guys in action 3 times on TOP of our own wedding and WOW!! Both are simply amazing; they are professional, talented and bring an energy to your night that just can't be beat! Kate was our DJ and she just blew us away with her knowledge of the completely random stuff we threw her way, her genuine interest in making our night go exactly as we pictured and the detail she put into our timeline. Even our photographer was impressed with how well she kept the night moving flawlessly. THIS is who you want for your wedding or any event really! You can't go wrong with this team!

Sent on 10/03/2016

Had so much fun with Kate as our DJ! She had the whole room up and dancing all night!

Sent on 08/24/2016