12 Reviews for DJ Ivan Music

Microphones (1)
Sound/PA System (1)
Uplighting (1)
12 DJ Ivan Music Reviews

We were lucky enough to have Crow Entertainment as part of our wedding team, providing DJ/MC and photo booth services; I’m not sure we could ever recommend them enough! From the day we first reached out to them, they were organized, helpful, and genuinely interested in being a part of our big day. After a preliminary conversation, we were matched with DJ Ivan – a charismatic and clearly experienced guy who was an absolute blast to work with. Ivan made sure to tend to our every question, contributed helpful suggestions, and was the consummate “team player” leading up to our wedding. The effort he put into collaborating with us and our other vendors, in order to help the wedding go off without a hitch, was just awesome. On the day of the wedding, Ivan was not only a fantastic MC – he took our “must-play” songs, and put them together in a way that had our dance floor packed for the entire evening. Our friends and family have been talking about it for weeks now!

Profile Picture Pallavi, 9/16/17, 7 Reviews
Services Used: MC, Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

If I could give more than 5 stars to DJ Ivan, I would. He was an incredible DJ. He had great suggestions for ceremony music and accepted versions of songs that we cut ourselves. For the reception, the dance floor was packed the entire night. There weren't more than 15-20 people of our 140 person wedding that were sitting down and not dancing. We gave DJ Ivan a lot of freedom in his choice of songs, so he ended up playing more classic, older songs that everyone loved (mostly early-mid 20 friends and older family).

Profile Picture Amanda, 9/26/15, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

Ivan was wonderful. He helped keep our wedding reception on 10/18/14 running smoothly and was very professional and fun. We had a great time and so did our guests!

Profile Picture User3659342, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

DJ Ivan was great! He kept the reception moving and the dance floor was full all night long. He was professional and a lot of fun to work with. I highly recommend Ivan!

Profile Picture Patricia, 10/11/14, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

First off, we were very specific about what we wanted when it came to DJ services. One can tour a venue, taste a caterer's food, and see a photographer's photos. It is, however, difficult to know exactly what you're getting when it comes to a DJ. We interviewed several DJs looking to find the right balance between just playing the music we want and moving the party along. Ivan knew exactly what we were after and delivered.

Ivan followed through on our pre-selected do/do-not-play list, all the while simultaneously not derailing the dance floor, he filled in the rest smoothly and professionally. He worked with us very closely to understand exactly what our needs and our tastes were. He honored our request to keep the emcee role of speaking to a minimum during the night – and when he made announcements it was done in a low key manner, just as we requested. He did an excellent job coordinating with our on-site day-of coordinator at Bluemont Vineyard, and we would absolutely choose him again for our wedding and absolutely recommend him as DJ for your wedding!

Profile Picture Tamara, 4/26/14, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

DJ Ivan was Fantastic. He created an amazing play list and kept ALL of my guests entertained. I had a long reception and he was accomadating with everything. I would definently recommend DJ Ivan for your future DJ needs. I will be using him for any future event!

Profile Picture Barbara, 8/3/13, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

Ivan did a great job working with a drummer who drummed while Ivan spinned. He was professional, followed our musical guidelines but also what brought people on the dancefloor, and incorporated bollywood music (even though he wasn't familiar with it prior to our wedding). He did what a DJ should do; facilitated the night without becoming the center of attention himself.

Profile Picture Alpa, 7/27/13, 7 Reviews
Category: DJ

He did a fabulous job and we were very thankful to have him as the DJ for our wedding! Very professional and responsive. He found exactly the right tone in how you interacted with us and everyone else at the wedding. It made a huge difference to us and to the feel of the reception. We loved the music and many of our guests told us the same. We're happy so many people danced and seemed to have a great time. Worked with all of our ideas and suggestions and had great ideas on his own.

Profile Picture User2520256, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

DJ Ivan was, without a doubt, the best choice we could have made for our reception. In all honesty, we had originally wanted to book a band but struggled to find a group that fit our tastes and style, and we would be able to preview in advance.

Enter DJ Ivan. We met at a bridal show, of all places. In a world where everything was in your face selling, Ivan was patiently waiting for us to approach him. He was impeccably dressed, polite and professional, and immediately conveyed he understood our needs. We booked him and his assistant on the spot. Ivan drove to our venue two weeks in advance to work with our coordinator and see our space, which was above and beyond what we asked from him. He patiently went through a four-page list of music suggestions with me (my family is a little crazy!) and took the time to download our non-traditional first dance and a song for me to dance with my grandfather that was difficult to track down. He stuck to my OCD schedule AND didn't play a single song that was on the do not play list. We gave him the liberty, trusting his experience, to use our song sheet as a guide and make decisions based on what the crowd was doing and Ivan nailed it. Despite 80 degree weather, our dance floor was constantly packed with generations of family and friends. Ivan took requests but, despite the amazing music, I barely knew he was there, which was perfect. He clearly knew it was our night, not his, and he didn't try to ham it up or "spin his fresh style!" He even got my aunt on the dance floor!

If you're looking for music for all ages, an expert who can read a crowd and keep the party going while laying low and letting you and your guests be the center of attention, DJ Ivan is absolutely your guy. We cannot say enough great things about him!

Profile Picture Meg, 6/30/12, 8 Reviews
Category: DJ

DJ Ivan was so great I might have to get married again just so I get to use his services.

But seriously folks, his professionalism was excellent and he was even helpful in keeping us on track with our wedding in general. He made sure we had a plan for when the various toasts and events would occur, made sure to make the appropriate announcements to move things along smoothly. We had some musicians play the wedding and DJ Ivan was even helpful in setting up the sound system for them.

DJ Ivan went above an beyond as well, scouting the location out the week before (which was not trivial at a remote national park with limited visiting hours), made sure to know how much power the place would handle, and made intelligent recommendation for where to place himself so as not to blast anyone out of the room, not present tripping hazards, and still not be so backed into a corner that he couldn't get in or out.

As far as the music was concerned he played all the songs that were suggested ahead of time and worked them in nicely into a set, and was accommodating to people's request on the spot.

Dj Ivan always had a cheerful disposition and sports a spiffy tux when on the job.

Profile Picture Amaury, 9/29/11, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We first met DJ Ivan at a small wedding Open House event hosted at a photographer's studio. He was easy to talk to and was play some great music, so we took note. When we contacted him about being our wedding DJ, he was very responsive. When we set up an in-person introductory meeting, he was prepared with all the right questions, forms to help us plan our music, questions about us/our family/traditions, etc. We felt very comfortable working with him. Ivan was always available by phone or email, worked hard to find our music selections including some polka numbers for a wedding march. With fairly short notice, he even helped source and set-up our lighting (uplighting, vertigo lights, cake light), all while staying within our budget.
Ivan is pleasant, flexible and responsive; we highly recommend him!

Profile Picture Rebecca, 8/20/11, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

Ivan was our wedding DJ last March. He was really, really a fantastic DJ. He was very professional, from start to finish. We had our reception at a local country club. There were no issues with set-up. Ivan was happy to accommodate whatever dress code we had. He was also extremely kind and accommodating with respect to our music of choice. We planned the wedding in a relatively short period of time (6 months), so we chose our music within the two weeks or so before the wedding. He didn't complain at all and in fact was very supportive. He also didn't stray from our list of requests (specifically, there were some songs we asked NOT to have played, and he didn't play them). Finally, he transitioned the songs nicely- we had classical/jazz types of music during the cocktail hour/dinner, started with oldies that our whole group could relate to during the initial dancing part of the reception, with more modern songs later (after our parents' generation needed to rest). There was a lot less of the get up/sit down that occurred for guests due to poor transitions between songs than I have experienced at other weddings.

One of the most important things to us was to not have the music be loud or intrusive, especially during the dinner. Ivan did a wonderful job; he really gauged it just right. He was also receptive to requests from people. I was also so happy that he didn't spend a lot of time talking; I never like it when the DJ spends a lot of time gabbing at the mike during wedding receptions. His voice, when he did talk, was also gentle and unintrusive.

In short, he was a fantastic DJ. His prices were also much more reasonable than for many other DJs we looked at. I would hire him again in a heartbeat- easiest decision I would have to make were I planning another wedding!

Profile Picture Ellen, 3/26/11, 1 Review