DJ Indiana Reviews

102 | Lafayette, IN

102 Reviews for DJ Indiana

Drew · Married on 10/15/2016

4.2

Good DJ and MC that was worked with our vendors and did a great job of keeping the schedule but also being flexible and responding to the crowd.

Sent on 10/27/2016

Liz · Married on 07/26/2008

2.8
      2.5
      3.0
      2.0
      3.0

Brian is a really nice guy and he has a lot of good music! I dont know if he was just having an off night but he couldnt get people involved! He did play all the songs that were requested.. but before he did anything he came and found me and asked me if it was ok! I am like yes... just do the dang thing! i was with my friends and family and i had to stop what i was doing to tell him that it was ok to start the music for the first dance and for the toast and for everything else.. it just kept going all night! I felt like i was his supervisor and that i couldnt even enjoy anything but other then that he has a lot of nice equiptment but he just needs to take control and he needs to get on that mic and tell people to get up and move their butts!

Sent on 08/26/2008

DJ Indiana's reply:

Liz, thank you for the review. In regards to checking with you for the events to be announced, I've tried to run them without involving the bride and groom, but then some can easily be upset with me if I don't ask them when they are ready for their first dance or toasts. I'd say the best thing for me to do is see if my clients can designate someone on their end to make sure the champagne gets poured at the right time and that the bride knows where her bouquet is and other things like that. The people that wrote the review just above this one complimented me for everything that you didn't like. In the future, maybe it is best that I ask the bride and groom if they want me to make sure they are ready for announcements or just hope they are ready and do them like you suggested. As far as microphone talking, I've found that many people are annoyed when the DJ speaks too much. I understand your frustration in regards to getting the dancing going, but if the venue has sunshine coming in through the windows until the last hour of the party, it is sometimes difficult to get people dancing if they think the spotlight is on them.