DJ Hersch Reviews

115 Reviews for DJ Hersch

• Erica

Erica G. · Married on 11/21/2020

Life of the Party!!

Covid wedding here! We pushed through with keeping our wedding date while maintaining the health and safety of all our guests. Our backyard wedding had all of the PPE bells and whistles. I'll keep this short and sweet so that it's read!

1. From the time we booked our initial venue to our swapped venue due to the pandemic Jeremy was fully supportive and communicative the entire journey! His communication and follow up was ALWAYS timely.
    2. He worked really well with our wedding coordinator for speeches coordination, his set up at our new backyard venue and timing of all songs played was impeccable!
    3. The wedding party had a couple of friendly bets going on speech length, who would fumble and who would cry first. Jeremy jumped into the betting fun as well and just felt like part of our family!!
    4. If you're looking for a DJ to make your night memorable, look no further!

We heart DJ Hersch

Sent on 12/11/2020

DJ Hersch's reply:

Thank you Erica!! Your wedding was so much fun. What an amazing time. Thanks for having me as your DJ!
  • Jill

Jill M. · Married on 10/01/2020

Best DJ Hands Down!

Working with Jeremy was without a doubt one of the best decisions we made. If you are looking to have the most amazing reception, with a full dance floor and a high energy crowd, then Jeremy is your guy! The atmosphere he created kept all of our guests on the dance floor for the ENTIRE night! All of our friends and family kept raving about how fun our reception was and how on point he was with the music selection. From start to finish, Jeremy made the planning process so easy and his communication was excellent. He was very helpful and quick to respond to all of our questions and requests throughout the planning process. Jeremy is exactly who you want as your DJ. He was so much fun, professional, genuine and led the crowd and events of the night so seamlessly. It felt like he too was enjoying the night and added even more energy to the crowd. He was there for my husband and I first and foremost and was sure to check in with us with questionable song requests. Thank you, Jeremy! You are so gifted, and we feel so lucky to have had you play such a vital role in the most important day of our lives. We would without a doubt hire Jeremy in a heartbeat and would recommend him for any and all events. We truly hope to work with him again in the future!

Sent on 01/13/2020
  • Brianna

Brianna L. · Married on 09/19/2020

We love The Hersch

Jeremy came recommended from our wedding venue and we LOVED him! He was super flexible in working with us to reschedule after having to postpone because of COVID. My husband and I were really impressed by his knowledge of the technicalities of music that ultimately allowed him to guide us towards song choices that enhanced all of our meaningful moments. Beyond that, we appreciated his eagerness to jump on several Zoom calls prior to our big day to make sure all of our questions were answered and he knew our preferences. On the day of the wedding, he kept the energy going! Our guests had an incredible night and my husband ended up extending the wedding for an extra hour. Jeremy even helped make sure we both took the time to eat our dinner before getting pulled in a million directions. We Highly recommend Jeremy for your big day!

Sent on 09/29/2020
  • Nikki

Nikki T. · Married on 07/10/2020

Best DJ recommendation

I just want to say thank you so much for doing an amazing job at our wedding!! Everyone loved it and had a blast. The family has been big critics of djs at past weddings but they all loved the music ! You helped make a very special night come true! Jeremy is super easy to work with and accommodating. He was great on the time line and getting things done! He was awesome communicating with the photographers to make sure they got every shot !

Sent on 07/12/2020

Chelsea W. · Married on 02/22/2020

The best fun/chill DJ!

DJ Hersch was the best DJ we could have ever had!!! He was very responsive throughout the whole process, which he made extremely seamless. My husband and I didn’t really have much of a preference when it came to the music (other than general yes and no’s, as well as some genres). He managed to pick all the right songs and everyone had such an amazing time!!! He even played some songs that reminded me and my college friends of some good times in college! Also, at the very beginning of the reception, he made sure we had a drink in hand and made sure we were able to eat. I also really liked that he wasn’t overly vocal throughout the reception, but still managed to make his presence known with the amazing music!!! Would definitely hire him again for any big occasion!

Sent on 04/07/2020

Michael J. · Married on 02/04/2020

Outstanding, professional, yet very personalized experience!!

Jeremy topped my expectations for a DJ, and handled the music aspect so well. He kept the mood light and upbeat. I didnt have to worry at all as to what he was playing, i kept looking over at the dance floor and it was consistantly packed!! Cocktail hour music was great as well. And the ending he was able to get in a few special tracks, couldnt have been better. Thanks again for the professional work and I’ll be recommending Jeremy to all my friends for sure!!

Sent on 04/30/2019

Emily L. · Married on 01/18/2020

Jeremy Is Awesome!

Jeremy was fantastic to work with and really helped set the vibe and tone for an amazing wedding ceremony and reception! 100% recommend.

Jeremy stepped in about a month before our wedding after our original DJ unfortunately was unexpectedly available. He was flexible, positive, professional, and generally a pleasure to interact with from our very first conversation. He was so understanding of our situation and absolutely worked to take all the stress out hiring a new DJ so shortly before the event. He provided great materials and suggestions for our music without pushing any specific style.

On the day of our wedding he arrived and set-up seamlessly, helped get our officiant mic'ed and had all of the audio equipment set up perfectly before guests arrived. Our ceremony music was perfect. During the dinner portion of our reception I kept saying "I love this song" to every single song - he absolutely got my style and the vibe I was going for.

We had a non-traditional reception venue and I wasn't sure if people would want to dance. I told Jeremy if no one was dancing, we could keep more of a mellow vibe to the music. I was so wrong! Jeremy had the dance floor packed the whole night. Friends, cousins, aunts, uncles, parents, everyone was out there. It felt so organic and fun, nothing about it was forced or awkward, which I always worry about at weddings. He MC'ed all of the important events and got people's attention, but was so seamless and unobtrusive.

Truly an excellent DJ and an awesome person to have around at your event. I highly recommend Jeremy!!!

Sent on 02/17/2020

Aryn Z. · Married on 01/17/2020

Amazing DJ!!!

Jeremy was seriously awesome. My husband and I have a WIDE range of music that we love and he incorporated it all and made it flow so nicely. He was so much fun and our guests danced all night long! Would absolutely 100% recommend!

Sent on 01/22/2020
  • Jon

Jon H. · Married on 01/04/2020

Well organized and great music

DJ Hersch (Jeremy) was recommended to us by a good friend of mine. We really enjoyed working with him. The whole process of scheduling, fact finding, and coming to an agreement to have him perform at our wedding was so smooth.

Jeremy gave us all sorts of material and guidance to help plan the schedule for our reception, and to have awesome music as the background. He helped keep the reception events on schedule, and offered us guidance during the reception to keep everything going smoothly. His energy during the event was awesome, and our guests loved our open dancing.

Sent on 04/25/2019

Suzie J. · Married on 12/31/2019

Above and beyond amazing!

Jeremy is an AMAZING DJ! Although I’ve worked with him before, the work he did in preparation for and during my wedding far exceeded what I had expected and thought was possible for my wedding. Jeremy is not only an outstanding DJ (he kept my guests on the dance floor ALL NIGHT till our New Year’s Eve midnight sendoff, no easy task!) but also acts as a second coordinator for your event, making sure that all details run smoothly and always giving helpful updates. As a bride, it was the best feeling knowing my wedding was in good hands with Jeremy. Can’t say enough about his incredible service. Whatever your expectations of Jeremy are, he will exceed them!!! Best DJ ever.

Sent on 01/12/2020

Laura J. · Married on 11/10/2019

Awesome DJ!

Jeremy was one of our best vendors to work with! From the moment we met him for coffee, he was easy-going and relaxed and we felt totally comfortable with his presence and style. We started making some Spotify lists and sharing them with him was super easy the week or so before the wedding. He was very responsive to any questions throughout the process which was so great. He provided some helpful ideas and made sure it fit with our vision. The wedding itself was a total blast and our friends and families were dancing all night!! He played great music and can read the room well, and is not overly dominating on the microphone and very laid back. He is also totally prepared and organized and keeps the whole night flowing perfectly and checked in with us whenever needed. We would highly recommend him for any event!! Thank you Jeremy! LJ&Al

Sent on 12/06/2019
  • Christina

Christina D. · Married on 11/09/2019

Best Wedding DJ - do NOT miss out!

When we booked our wedding venue, they recommended Jeremy for our DJ. After listening to his samples online, we knew we had to book him! Leading up to the wedding, Jeremy and I were in communication about song choices, first dance songs, father-daughter songs, etc. I really appreciated having such communication throughout the wedding planning process. On the day of the wedding, Jeremy was an absolute professional - he helped keep the wedding on track with toasts, cake cutting, etc. - and he reminded us to eat (thank you for that!). Jeremy helped make the night and made the wedding even more perfect. The music was incredible and everyone had a terrific time - thank you so much Jeremy for being so kind, helpful, and awesome! I don't plan on getting married again, but if I did, you'd be the one I'd hire!

Sent on 11/11/2019
  • O

Olga T. · Married on 11/03/2019

Awesome DJ!

We hired Jeremy for our wedding. We were pretty laid back and trusted his choice of music and he did great! After sending him a preferred song list we had a call with him to discuss the details like our grand entrance and grand exit. He was so helpful and we decided to just follow his recommendations. The couple of things we couldn’t make up our mind on he was very flexible and let us decide on the day of. On the day of he checked in with us and asked what we’d like to do. He was very organized and an absolute pleasure to work with. Our crowd was dancing all night! Jeremy is a perfect vendor anyone would like for their event!

Sent on 11/09/2019
  • Z

Zachary · Married on 11/02/2019

DJ at Winery Wedding

Jeremy did an amazing job working with us for the details of the wedding as well as all the songs we wanted played during the reception. He easily noticed if the crowd liked particular songs he would adjust to keep everyone happy. He also made sure when certain events needed to take place during the reception such as the toss he gave us a heads up. Amazing guy would recommend him to anyone that asks for a DJ!

Sent on 11/14/2019
  • Christi

Christi · Married on 10/19/2019

Kind, charismatic DJ who knows how to party!

DJ Jeremy Hersch was a wonderful DJ and MC for our wedding. He was one of the first vendors we booked for our wedding because of his high reviews online. He was so kind to us during our wedding day and kept the party going! He did a great job with introducing speeches and directing wedding guests. We loved that we were able to provide music suggestions.

Sent on 10/29/2019

Christina G. · Married on 10/13/2019

A true Gem!

Aaahhh!! Thank you thank you!! Jeremy was so awesome and so very helpful and our wedding could not have gone as smoothly without you!

We were one of those couples that thought a friend could plug in his iPad and DJ and I’m so glad we found DJ Hersch to save us from that poor decision. 😂 Jeremy asked all the right questions and made sure that every song selected was a perfect fit for the party. He cleared strange song requests with us before playing and was able to throw in last minute requests seamlessly.

He is extremely helpful in ways I never thought a DJ could be. He asked to clear our table of food and excess drinks because it is unsightly in photos. He made sure that he knew every person who was toasting before he called their names to the mic, and he released the tables to the buffet station like a true ninja, by walking directly to tables to release them as opposed to calling table numbers over the mic. I was shook. This kind of professionalism and thoughtfulness really blew me and my husband out of the water.

And to top it all off, HE CAN THROW A PARTY ON THE DANCE FLOOR! Seriously, I cannot recall an empty dance floor at any point in the night. There was one point in the evening when he could since the tired dancers starting to trail off and literally brought everyone to their feet with a true throwback... Sandstorm. When he tells you he mixes on the spot and doesn’t just press play, he means it. We went from Sandstorm into Lion King and back to Sandstorm and I’m pretty sure everyone’s mind exploded. He is extremely well versed and was able to play song’s from across all genres seamlessly and effortlessly.

I can’t recommend Jeremy enough and I am so truly thankful we were able to find you in the nick of time.

Sent on 10/19/2019

DJ Hersch's reply:

Thank you for the thoughtful words!!! Your wedding was a BLAST!! Thanks for the opportunities to play all the Bay Area classics. You friends and family rocked the dance floor all night. I wish you and Andrew the best!

Gregory · Married on 10/12/2019

Our wedding wouldn't be the same without DJ Hersch!

After searching through the endless sea of wedding DJs, we were truly blessed to find DJ Hersch. From the first time we spoke, to the end of our reception, Jeremy was a true professional and an absolute delight to work with. He's charismatic with the crowd and has a fantastic selection of music to make sure your all of your guests never leave the dance floor. He absolutely made our night. If you want the perfect DJ, look no further, Jeremy is your guy!

Sent on 11/12/2019
  • Amanda

Amanda M. · Married on 10/05/2019

He made it a night to remember!

From our first call with Jeremy, everything was a breeze! We actually didn't even meet Jeremy until our wedding day, but we weren't worried a bit... he was so responsive to multiple calls and emails and his experience really showed. We have received so many compliments from friends and family on how smoothly everything ran and how much fun everyone had! He accommodated all of our requests, kept the party rockin, and helped make our big day a dream come true!

Sent on 11/07/2019

Christopher B. · Married on 10/04/2019

Very fun!!

DJ Hersch made our wedding a blast. He worked well with our song list and kept the energy high on the dance floor

Sent on 10/17/2019
  • Julian

Julian M. · Married on 10/02/2019

Most awesome DJ EVER!

DJ Hersch literally made our wedding the best! We had an outdoor wedding and it ended up raining and being freezing cold. We had to move our wedding inside and he was so accommodating to whatever we needed. He also plays the best music and knows what vibe to play based on your guests! We couldn't have asked for a better DJ and all of our friends and family were so impressed!

Sent on 05/21/2019
  • Abigail

Abigail V. · Married on 09/13/2019

Kept people on the dance floor at all times!

We are so happy that we chose Jeremy as our DJ. We had a smaller wedding but he somehow kept people dancing all night! He played a great variety of music that my family enjoyed and my husband's family enjoyed. Would absolutely recommend for anyone's wedding - big or small! You won't regret it.

Sent on 09/18/2019

Michelle S. · Married on 09/07/2019

10/10 would recommend DJ Jeremy Hersch.

Jeremy was absolutely amazing. He was easy to communicate with and exceeded all of our expectations. We are so grateful that a friend recommended him to us. I don't think the wedding could have gone any better. He followed our timeline and helped the reception run smoothly. I can't believe how consistently full the dance floor was. It was a wonderful night!

Sent on 09/15/2019
  • Jenn

Jenn T. · Married on 08/24/2019

Best Night of Our Lives!

From the very beginning Jeremy was nothing short of amazing. We met with him in person and he was just so warm and we connected immediately. We wanted to have games during our wedding and Jeremy was all for it. He even gave us great ideas to have a trivia contest that everyone loved!! He was always responsive to every email, met with us in person again to go over the final details. The entire night was so amazing. He would check in with us and when my dad was freaking out during the father/daughter dance we just gave him one look and he flawlessly cut it short without being too awkward. He was the BEST MC we could ask for our games and his enthusiasm for them was beyond awesome. Then it was dance time and there was not one moment someone was not dancing. He felt the crowd and just knew the right songs to keep it going til the very end. He is a freaking steal for all that he does for you. I've been to someone weddings where the music is boring and people aren't dancing but not with Jeremy. Best DJ ever!!! We love him because he truly made it the best night of our lives.

Sent on 08/27/2019

DJ Hersch's reply:

Thank you so much!!! Such an epic wedding! The games were amazing. I am glad everything worked out. All the best to you and Marc!
  • John

John O. · Married on 08/11/2019

John and Kimberly's wedding 11/8/2019

Jeremy was amazing! He was the DJ for our wedding, and he kept the timeline of reception events on time and kept the crowd on the dance floor all night! My wife and I could not have been more happy with our choice to use Jeremy for our reception and will be recommending him to everyone we know! We gave him very little direction other than the main songs (first dance, father daughter dance, mother done dance), and he simply killed it! Thanks again Jeremy!

Sent on 11/12/2019
  • Haley

Haley M. · Married on 07/27/2019

Book him now!

DJ Hersch (Jeremy) is so talented and on top of things, it's kind of hard to believe. I can't imagine someone doing the job better than he did. From Day 1, he asked us all the right questions and thought of things that we never would have, like how to navigate the acoustics at the venue, which had a slanted ceiling. Our ceremony was kind of complicated because we had live music and multiple officiants, but Jeremy was prepared and had already solved logistical questions like how many microphones to bring and where to set up the live music. At the reception, Jeremy perfectly timed everything – the cocktail hour, the dinner, the toasts, and the dancing – and was always one step ahead so that everything ran smoothly. And of course, most importantly, his music was PERFECT! He listened to exactly what we wanted and played nothing but bangers. Our guests had so much fun and were tearing it up! Could not recommend Jeremy more!!!

Sent on 07/31/2019