87 Reviews for DJ Harlem Entertainment Services

One Event Per Day (6)
Liability Insurance (4)
Photobooth (1)
69 DJ Harlem Entertainment Services Reviews

We can’t thank DJ Harlem enough for his services, professionalism and commitment to making sure that our wedding day was exactly what my husband and I wanted. From the very first meeting DJ Harlem was professional, approachable and great to work with! He worked well with our planner and other vendors which IS CRUCIAL to having a smooth ceremony and reception!! DJ Harlem offers full DJ services which we were so pleased with! The day of our wedding he provided the following:
MC services for ceremony, cocktail hour and reception
DJ services for ceremony, cocktail hour & reception
Uplighting for all of the above
Gobo design
Dance on the clouds machine
We recommend DJ Harlem Entertainment to any and everyone. We are more than pleased!!
Mr. & Mrs. Person 7-21-2018
#theperfectPerson

Photo for DJ Harlem Entertainment Services Review - Dance on the clouds
Photo for DJ Harlem Entertainment Services Review - Dance on the clouds
Photo for DJ Harlem Entertainment Services Review - Uplighting
Profile Picture La'Shanda, 7/21/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ, Entertainer, Lighting & Decor
Services Used: Consultation, MC, One Event Per Day, Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

Anthony was amazing to work with for our wedding. Planning a wedding from across the country is very challenging, especially when you're unable to meet your vendors in person. We scheduled a call with Anthony and from the moment we spoke to him, we knew that he would be the perfect choice! He was extremely nice, listened to our needs, and flexible with his schedule due to our time difference. He even combined two songs for our first dance like we wanted! On the day of the wedding, Anthony came early with an assistant to set everything up. He helped us in picking up the uplighting color. The ceremony music sounded great and it was all very smooth and seamless. During the reception, he did an amazing job at being the MC and keeping the show running. Our guests were loving DJ Harlem and his music, and he knew just what to play to make sure everyone was having a great time even though we had a very diverse wedding reception. Finally, I would recommend adding the Photobooth option! I added this about a month before the wedding as I wasn't entirely sure, but it was the hit of the night! Our guests absolutely loved it and there was a long line at all times for the photobooth. Anthony brings all the props and the mirror is so cool along with the red carpet. You get printouts and also the electronic versions later! And you get to customize the frame and put the bride & groom's name along with the wedding date. I cannot recommend DJ Harlem enough. You won't regret hiring him!! Thank you, Anthony, for making our wedding so memorable and fun for us and for our guests!!!

Profile Picture Karen, 6/24/18, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Microphones, Photobooth, Sound/PA System, Uplighting, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC

Anthony provided wonderful entertainment during our wedding on 06/09/2018! He definitely made our wedding entertainment memorable. Our friends and relatives talk about the wonderful evening and enjoyment of the music provided. Anthony's friendliness and professionalism surpassed our expectation. We highly recommend him!

Profile Picture Pamela, 6/9/18, 9 Reviews
Services Used: Do-Not-Play List, MC, Microphones, Sound/PA System

Anthony was awesome to work with... Amazing job! Thank you

Profile Picture Saundra, 5/26/18, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

DJ Harlem is so talented and very easy to work with. I cannot thank him enough. His way of assisting with flow & livening up a reception is priceless! We were extremely impressed with the way in which he conducts business! I appreciate all he did to help make my sisters wedding day perfect! I cannot rave about him enough & plan to recommend his service whenever possible.

Profile Picture Katelyn, 5/19/18, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Awesome DJ! His services and personality were outstanding. We also rented the mirror photo booth he offers and our guest loved it!

Profile Picture Crenicia, 5/12/18, 6 Reviews
Category: DJ

Anthony Garnes, aka DJ Harlem, was absolutely amazing. I'm beyond blessed to have found him for our big day. We had a church ceremony and a barn reception. We hired Anthony and his team for both and everything went exactly as I envisioned it. We also used his photobooth and it was the life of the reception. I'm so glad that he was on my team and helped my day follow seamlessly!

Profile Picture Morgan, 5/5/18, 14 Reviews
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths

He is very professional! My guests did not want to leave.

Profile Picture Stephanie, 4/28/18, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Uplighting, Consultation

Dj Harlem was simply amazing for our #teamBEaffair2018! From the initial interaction until even AFTER our wedding Anthony has been simply amazing! Always available, always ready, he provided dancing on the cloud as a surprise for me (he and my husband had it all planned well in advance) and while my husband was singing a surprise song to me Anthony was on his knees with the machine making sure it was absolutely perfect for our first dance! We told Anthony very little about what kinda of music we wanted played for the reception.. we told him what type of crowd we would have and told him to “do his thing” and BOYY HE DID HIS THING!! He catered to every single person in the room... we literally danced alllll night! I don’t remember ever sitting down! We are 2 weeks from our wedding and our guests are STILLL talking about the AMAZING time they had partying at our reception! And we owe that all to DJ HARLEM!! He has an amazing spirit and a true passion for his skill and for people! We were so pleased and so grateful we chose him for our special day!

Profile Picture Ebony, 4/14/18, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting, Consultation, MC

Anthony was professional from our first interaction. My mother found Anthony via social media. He was one of 4 DJs that we interviewed. By far he was the most professional and organized of all the ones we spoke to. WELL WORTH EVERY DOLLAR. Because we were having a destination wedding, all of our communication was via email and phone calls. Anthony was responsive to any and all requests. His website was easy to follow and submit songs. On our wedding day he kept the flow going, he pronounced everyone's name correctly and he kept the party going. We are in our early 30's so we requested that he provide us with the full turn up. Our friends are dancers and so are we. His response, "I got you! Say no more." People are still raving about how fun and energized our reception was. It's been over a month now. We had a lot of fun throughout the reception and a good reason for this is because Anthony read the crowd, he followed the script we agreed on and filled in the blanks where needed. I would recommend Anthony to all of my friends and family. I left my wedding drenched in sweat and so did all of our friends and family. Thank you Anthony for holding us down on our wedding day!

Profile Picture Jessica, 4/7/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Anthony is amazing!! He’s incredibly professional, kind, and seriously knows his stuff. He is thorough to ensure that you’re satisfied with everything. I am so, so happy that he got to be a part of our wedding day!

Profile Picture Molly, 3/31/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

DJ Harlem was amazing! He was super responsive and easy to work with. I would definitely recommend him to family and friends!

Profile Picture Jessica, 3/3/18, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

We loved having DJ Harlem at our wedding! All of our guests were raving about how great the music was! He made the party incredibly fun and live, and it was clear that our guests were having a great time. His planning tools leading up to the wedding made it super easy to pick the songs that we did and didn't want to play, and he made us feel confident going into the wedding that everything was under control. He was also a great MC and extremely flexible with last-minute changes. Also, we had a wedding that mixed Nigerian and American cultures, and DJ Harlem was able to flawlessly weave together different kinds of music so that all types of guests would enjoy. Finally, he was very attentive during the reception and was really good at reading what me and the groom needed without us having to say a word. I fully recommend DJ Harlem!

Profile Picture Amara, 12/16/17, 11 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC

DJ Harlem, aka Anthony, was amazing! He was a true professional and we couldn't have asked for a better DJ for our wedding. He kept the party moving and the people dancing. While we were preparing for the wedding, Anthony was on top of all the communication and went out of his way for some of our music request. The software he uses makes it so easy to select must play and do not play songs. We are not originally from Raleigh so we were a bit worried about selecting a 'random' DJ off wedding wire however, Anthony put our minds at ease immediately. He was so courteous and in-tune with our music selections that we couldn't have asked for more. He also provided up-lighting as part of our package which was a great addition - he could even change the color of the lights on-demand through an app :) . Anthony is a total pro and any wedding would benefit from his services!

Profile Picture Clay, 11/18/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

The "Dancing on the Cloud" machine is AMAZING--our first dance was magical! It was the WOW factor we were looking for! And working with DJ Harlem Entertainment was a pleasure!

Profile Picture Marilouise, 11/4/17, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

DJ Harlem is the DJ everyone should have at thier wedding! All of our guest enjoyed his mix of music. He kept the the wedding flowing and everyone on the dance floor all night. The uplighting was also a perfect touch to our wedding. I would recommend him to anyone! Thanks again DJ Harlem!

Profile Picture Briana, 10/7/17, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

Professional, quick to response to emails and easy to work with!

Profile Picture Leah, 9/24/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Anthony is wonderful! He does a great job and is very professional. He is very knowlegeable and easy to work with. DJ harlem really made our wedding awesome and we would recommend him to everyone! He kept the reception moving along and everyone engaged. A
Anthony is a fantastic person and talented DJ/wedding professional! Thank you!! Lauren and Andrew- 8-8-2017

Profile Picture Lauren, 8/20/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We had such a great experience with DJ Harlem; he came highly recommended and definitely did not disappoint. His sound system was flawless, and he effortlessly involved the entire crowd with his musical selections during the reception. He was dressed for the occasion and his professionalism was evident. His system was very user friendly and was to use, and if we had any questions, he was very quick to respond. It was a pleasure working with him!

Profile Picture Donna, 7/22/17, 7 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, Microphones, Uplighting

Booking our wedding DJ was the last vendor that we hired two months before our wedding, but you would never know by the way Anthony (aka DJ Harlem) delivered! Prior to hiring Anthony, we had a difficult time selecting a DJ for various reasons. However, when we scheduled our phone consultation with Anthony, we knew we had to hire him. We live in the Washington DC area, hosted our wedding in Durham/Cary, and working with Anthony from afar was seamless. We were very impressed by his professionalism and the fact the he gave us a preview of his planning tools totally sealed the deal for us (most DJ's will not provide this information to you until you hire them). Logistically, Anthony coordinated our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception at two venues (21c and The Umstead) and served as our MC/DJ. Fast forward to our wedding day and DJ Harlem kept the dance floor hot! He read the crowd to a tee and we've got some great video to confirm how awesome of a time our guests had! Together, we even created a memorable cake cutting song that I'm sure he'll use in the future because it definitely was a highlight for our party!

Profile Picture Gina, 7/2/17, 7 Reviews
Category: DJ

Anthony was really great throughout the whole process. He was quick to answer questions and a very easy vendor to work with. He really listened to to types of music we wanted and played great music all night (even after we forgot to submit our must-play list!)

Profile Picture Mariel, 6/3/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We were immediately impressed by Anthony from the first meeting. He was incredibly organized and so helpful with any questions we had before booking him. Through the entire process, he was readily available to answer questions and was so much fun at the wedding! The entire reception went so smoothly and all of our guests had an amazing time!! We would recommend DJ Harlem to anyone - he's fantastic!

Profile Picture Kelsey, 5/20/17, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

DJ Harlem was so awesome to work with! He was truly professional, provided great advice, and he was easy to work with. - would highly recommend.

Profile Picture Angelia, 4/29/17, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

We have received the most compliments on our DJ and everyone has been telling us how much fun they had at the wedding. My main request was to keep the dance floor alive and DJ Harlem definitely delivered! It was packed all night long and I never thought I would wish for a larger dance floor! The up lighting he provided was gorgeous and really helped to set the mood at the venue. When the dancing started, the lights all changed colors which created an awesome party vibe. DJ Harlem was also really great to work with leading up to the wedding. He was very responsive to all of our emails and provided some very helpful in-person and phone consultations. I would recommend DJ Harlem to anyone!

Profile Picture Kristin, 4/8/17, 3 Reviews