74 Reviews for DJ Harlem Entertainment Services

Uplighting (9)
One Event Per Day (5)
Liability Insurance (4)
56 DJ Harlem Entertainment Services Reviews

We loved having DJ Harlem at our wedding! All of our guests were raving about how great the music was! He made the party incredibly fun and live, and it was clear that our guests were having a great time. His planning tools leading up to the wedding made it super easy to pick the songs that we did and didn't want to play, and he made us feel confident going into the wedding that everything was under control. He was also a great MC and extremely flexible with last-minute changes. Also, we had a wedding that mixed Nigerian and American cultures, and DJ Harlem was able to flawlessly weave together different kinds of music so that all types of guests would enjoy. Finally, he was very attentive during the reception and was really good at reading what me and the groom needed without us having to say a word. I fully recommend DJ Harlem!

Profile Picture Amara, 12/16/17, 11 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC

DJ Harlem, aka Anthony, was amazing! He was a true professional and we couldn't have asked for a better DJ for our wedding. He kept the party moving and the people dancing. While we were preparing for the wedding, Anthony was on top of all the communication and went out of his way for some of our music request. The software he uses makes it so easy to select must play and do not play songs. We are not originally from Raleigh so we were a bit worried about selecting a 'random' DJ off wedding wire however, Anthony put our minds at ease immediately. He was so courteous and in-tune with our music selections that we couldn't have asked for more. He also provided up-lighting as part of our package which was a great addition - he could even change the color of the lights on-demand through an app :) . Anthony is a total pro and any wedding would benefit from his services!

Profile Picture Clay, 11/18/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

The "Dancing on the Cloud" machine is AMAZING--our first dance was magical! It was the WOW factor we were looking for! And working with DJ Harlem Entertainment was a pleasure!

Profile Picture Marilouise, 11/4/17, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

DJ Harlem is the DJ everyone should have at thier wedding! All of our guest enjoyed his mix of music. He kept the the wedding flowing and everyone on the dance floor all night. The uplighting was also a perfect touch to our wedding. I would recommend him to anyone! Thanks again DJ Harlem!

Profile Picture Briana, 10/7/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Professional, quick to response to emails and easy to work with!

Profile Picture Leah, 9/24/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Anthony is wonderful! He does a great job and is very professional. He is very knowlegeable and easy to work with. DJ harlem really made our wedding awesome and we would recommend him to everyone! He kept the reception moving along and everyone engaged. A
Anthony is a fantastic person and talented DJ/wedding professional! Thank you!! Lauren and Andrew- 8-8-2017

Profile Picture Lauren, 8/20/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We had such a great experience with DJ Harlem; he came highly recommended and definitely did not disappoint. His sound system was flawless, and he effortlessly involved the entire crowd with his musical selections during the reception. He was dressed for the occasion and his professionalism was evident. His system was very user friendly and was to use, and if we had any questions, he was very quick to respond. It was a pleasure working with him!

Profile Picture Donna, 7/22/17, 7 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, Microphones, Uplighting

Booking our wedding DJ was the last vendor that we hired two months before our wedding, but you would never know by the way Anthony (aka DJ Harlem) delivered! Prior to hiring Anthony, we had a difficult time selecting a DJ for various reasons. However, when we scheduled our phone consultation with Anthony, we knew we had to hire him. We live in the Washington DC area, hosted our wedding in Durham/Cary, and working with Anthony from afar was seamless. We were very impressed by his professionalism and the fact the he gave us a preview of his planning tools totally sealed the deal for us (most DJ's will not provide this information to you until you hire them). Logistically, Anthony coordinated our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception at two venues (21c and The Umstead) and served as our MC/DJ. Fast forward to our wedding day and DJ Harlem kept the dance floor hot! He read the crowd to a tee and we've got some great video to confirm how awesome of a time our guests had! Together, we even created a memorable cake cutting song that I'm sure he'll use in the future because it definitely was a highlight for our party!

Profile Picture Gina, 7/2/17, 7 Reviews
Category: DJ

Anthony was really great throughout the whole process. He was quick to answer questions and a very easy vendor to work with. He really listened to to types of music we wanted and played great music all night (even after we forgot to submit our must-play list!)

Profile Picture Mariel, 6/3/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We were immediately impressed by Anthony from the first meeting. He was incredibly organized and so helpful with any questions we had before booking him. Through the entire process, he was readily available to answer questions and was so much fun at the wedding! The entire reception went so smoothly and all of our guests had an amazing time!! We would recommend DJ Harlem to anyone - he's fantastic!

Profile Picture Kelsey, 5/20/17, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

DJ Harlem was so awesome to work with! He was truly professional, provided great advice, and he was easy to work with. - would highly recommend.

Profile Picture Angelia, 4/29/17, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

We have received the most compliments on our DJ and everyone has been telling us how much fun they had at the wedding. My main request was to keep the dance floor alive and DJ Harlem definitely delivered! It was packed all night long and I never thought I would wish for a larger dance floor! The up lighting he provided was gorgeous and really helped to set the mood at the venue. When the dancing started, the lights all changed colors which created an awesome party vibe. DJ Harlem was also really great to work with leading up to the wedding. He was very responsive to all of our emails and provided some very helpful in-person and phone consultations. I would recommend DJ Harlem to anyone!

Profile Picture Kristin, 4/8/17, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

What can I say! We had the best DJ ever! The professionalism and service we got from him was over and beyond. Anthony was our DJ for our wedding reception and we got more than we bargain for. Was on time and made sure everything went accordingly to our wedding reception schedule even when things on our end didn't go as planned he was right there doing everything in his power to get us bck on track. Anthony was well worth the money and we will recommend him to every one we know and don't know because we would want other ppl to experience the same top quality of service that we received so that they will understand why we talk so highly of his service. Words really don't do his service any justice! You just have to experience it!!!

Wedding date 3/25/17
Kiyanna & Andre

Profile Picture Kiyanna & Andre, 3/25/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Anthony was a lot of fun to work with and I would absolutely recommend him to anyone who wants a fun and lively wedding! When I was looking for a DJ, I wanted someone that could cater to the many genres of music we like ranging from top 40 and hip hop to salsa and merengue since we have a very diverse group of family and friends. In my consultation, Anthony was very personable and thorough in walking us through his services and the website with all of our planning sheets. He was always extremely responsive and was able to accommodate a song change the day of our wedding. Everyone loved the music and the uplighting he did at The Cotton Room for our reception was beautiful and helped tie together all of our decor. We could not have asked for a better DJ and were thrilled to have him as part of our day.

Profile Picture Krystal, 2/19/17, 6 Reviews
Category: DJ

DJ Harlem brought our wedding to LIFE! We had such a great time at the reception and looking around the room, it appeared that everyone else did, as well. He was also so easy to work with! Loved his customer portal and how he worked with us on our song selections and special requests. I would definitely recommend him as a wedding DJ!

Profile Picture Ashley, 1/14/17, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

I randomly stumbled upon Anthony while searching on WeddingWire for a reasonably priced DJ and I am sure glad that I did. He was extremely responsive to emails/questions/etc. and the way that we chose all of our songs and playlist was very user friendly. We had so many people tell us after our wedding just how much fun they had dancing the night away and what a great DJ we had!

Profile Picture Abby, 10/29/16, 10 Reviews
Category: DJ

I would give 10 stars if I could. Dj Harlem has been a pleasure to work with from the start. I booked him before I even booked my wedding venue. I knew after our first consult he was the best fit for us. Everything was so easy from communication with him to using his online site to set up our wedding timeline and songs. He also did our up lighting which was amazing and made my wedding all the more beautiful!

Profile Picture Alethia, 10/15/16, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

DJ Harlem provided uplighting and fog for our first dance. Even though we did not get to experience the full extent of his ability, he made a lasting impression. He even took the time to introduce himself to us before the reception, which went a long way. Very professional and very nice work!

Profile Picture Toni, 10/1/16, 10 Reviews
Services Used: Uplighting

Anthony did an amazing job DJ'ing at my wedding at the end of September. His executions and music choices were flawless. Prior to the wedding he directed me to his website that made it so easy for me to pick songs for cake cutting, bouquet toss and the dances. I don't know what I would have done without that site, it had top songs for each category and links to listen to each one. We had two meetings via phone for what I wanted in the wedding and he did everything I wanted and more. I would suggest DJ Harlem Entertainment Services to anyone.

Profile Picture Leah, 9/24/16, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Anthony was absolutely amazing! He was professional, courteous, and affordable. My wife is half Nigerian and Anthony was able to blend oldies, current hits and Nigerian music seamlessly. All of our guests enjoyed the music at the reception. He also did a wonderful job DJ-ing our ceremony. My father-in-law was in the bathroom at the time that he was scheduled to give his toast (lol), but Anthony (who was our MC as well) was able to smoothly keep things moving along until he came back. Our guests never even noticed the snafu!!! We would recommend him to anyone who wants a quality, professional DJ at their wedding.

Profile Picture Imani, 9/4/16, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

We could not have picked a better DJ than Anthony! He was so quick in his responses, very detail oriented in ensuring that we got absolutely everything that we wanted, and did an AMAZING job of picking the perfect music to get both sides of our family on the dance floor at our wedding - which is a close to impossible task! He was incredibly professional, made the transitions and set-up smooth and seamless, and the guests (including ourselves) absolutely loved him!!

Profile Picture Galina, 8/7/16, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC, One Event Per Day, Microphones, Sound/PA System

We hired DJ Harlem for our wedding ceremony and reception. My husband wanted to be in charge of hiring the DJ. We were not disappointed. He had many songs available to pick from to accommodate people of all ages in attendance. He worked well with everyone, especially my wedding planner. She gave him a list of songs and when those songs should be played. He did a wonderful job. We all had fun and danced until we could not dance anymore. I wish we had more time, but all things must come to an end. I highly recommend DJ HArlem.

Profile Picture Erica, 7/9/16, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

We could not have imagined having another DJ at our wedding! DJ Harlem was not only very professional, but was a pro at his job! He went exactly by the timeline I had planned, and if it differed from one minute, he was sure to ask me if I was okay with it. Our wedding guests had a blast! We would highly recommend him to anyone!!

Profile Picture Morgan, 5/28/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

DJ Harlem was wonderful! From the very beginning he wanted to make sure that our day was exactly as we wanted it to be. He offers as many consultations as you wish and is very flexible in terms of days/times to meet. Our guests had the best time dancing -- the most dancing at a wedding that I and my photographer have every seen!

Profile Picture Jenna, 5/21/16, 2 Reviews