DJ Gerard - Sensational Sounds Reviews

29 | Nashville, TN

29 Reviews for DJ Gerard - Sensational Sounds

Cynthia · Married on 06/15/2018

It was truly a pleasure to partner with DJ Gerard on our wedding day. He is professional, organized, and expert in his craft. We met twice and both meetings were focused - we were in on time and got out on time. I found this to be rare with some of the vendors I met with. He was a very cool and collected MC and truly brought our music taste to life. What my husband and I appreciated the most was that Gerard took initiative and really made it a point to get to know us as a couple. I definitely recommend booking him for your wedding!

• Jordan

Jordan · Married on 06/09/2018

DJ Gerard was everything we wanted - always on time, professional, and totally accommodating! We met before the wedding to discuss our music style and then he completely delivered! He took requests the whole night of and kept the dance floor full the entire night! We couldnt have asked for a better DJ for our wedding! I highly recommend DJ. Gerard for anyone that is wanting to have a great time at their wedding!!!

• Mrs.Reaves17

Tara · Married on 11/04/2017

Gerard was a great vendor and partner to make my wedding day perfect!! He is responsive, personable, and very helpful!! Made the day go smooth, and helped prep so much leading up to the big day! We felt comfortable, and excited to have Gerard be a big part of our day!

Tori · Married on 10/07/2017

Could have asked or imagine a better DJ. Gerard is the best at what he does and very professional. He is promt, is well dressed for the event. Could not have asked for a better person to have worked our special day!!! If we were to do this all over again I would choose DJ Gerard again, hands down!

Maria · Married on 07/15/2017

We couldn't have been happier with DJ Gerard! From the moment we got in touch with him, he was extremely responsive to all our questions, very professional, and very accommodating (considering that we asked him for a few extra things like extra mikes, additional room setup and a setup for a live performance.) Most importantly, he rocked our wedding reception! Not only did he put on a super fun song lineup according to the direction we gave him, but he also did a fantastic job MC-ing the event and keeping the flow of events going seamlessly. Our guests didn't want to leave the dance floor. As a bride planning the entire event myself (and hence being a bit nervous), the extra special touch for me was when Gerard came in early on the day of our reception to set up and test everything in advance, as well as arrange the extra lighting we rented for the venue. Thank you for going that extra mile for us! A++ job from DJ Gerard!

Stephanie · Married on 06/17/2017

DJ Gerard was awesome! He had a large library of music. He was very professional. While he did not have to use any backup equipment, he had an extra set of everything including another laptop with the music, speakers and microphone just in case anything were to stop working. He was very organized, and he coordinated with the venue so we did not have to worry about the details of where he would set up. We could not have asked for a better DJ!

halie · Married on 05/20/2017

DJ Gerard really was the best DJ we could have asked for! He was very professional, yet had so much fun with us and all of our guests. He kept everyone on the dance floor all night long, and when I say everyone I mean our young 5 year old cousins to our 70 year old grandparents! He was just fantastic. He created a music plan for cocktail hour and the reception that accommodated my husband and I perfectly. Definitely recommend!!!

Patrick · Married on 04/22/2017

Gerard was extremely accommodating. We had to postpone our wedding twice and Gerard prove to be very flexible. He provided exactly the type of music we had had requested and really set the tone for the party. We highly recommend DJ Gerard.

Kelsey · Married on 03/18/2017

We could not have picked a better DJ for our wedding. Gerard was professional, easy to contact, and spent time getting to know my husband and I and get an idea about what type of music to plan for the night. He created a perfect mix that catered to all ages in the crowd, seamlessly transitioning from classic rock/oldies in the beginning to Top 20 at the end of the night. Also, as a special request, he perfectly cut and combined couple songs I requested for a surprise dance my dad and I performed and it turned out great. Numerous people commented to me at the end of the night how great our DJ was. I would book Gerard again without any hesitation!

Maria · Married on 12/11/2016

Thank you, Sensational Sounds! Gerard was our DJ and MC and provided great service. He was so accommodating and professional -- we had a non-traditional "surprise" father daughter dance that took some advanced planning and some special-request cultural music at our Greek wedding and he went above and beyond to make sure it was everything we wanted and more! Thank you, Gerard! You're the best!

• Private_User110

Amanda · Married on 10/02/2016

Respectful, professional, and very flexible with willingness to use our pre- selected playlists. The quality of sound was impeccable and DJ Gerard has a kind and friendly spirit. Really helped make our wedding special and remarkable!

Noreen · Married on 07/02/2016

DJ Gerard was fantastic! When we met with him, we were completely confident that he would provide the type of atmosphere that we wanted at our wedding, and we were correct! He went out of his way to make the evening exactly what we wanted and he provided very personalized service. He helped to keep the evening on course and once the dancing began, the dance floor was never empty. I highly recommend DJ Gerard. He was the perfect mix of professional, tasteful and fun!

Stephanie · event on: 06/18/2015

Wonderful DJ! Very professional and organized. Played great music. He rocked it at our redhead event in Nashville, TN!

DJ Gerard was a pleasure to work with. He knew that the music was very important to me. He took the time to go to lunch with me one day to talk about everything. I thnk that says a lot.
    highly recommend him!!

DJ Gerard was phenomenal! My husband had one request throughout our entire wedding planning and that was to have an awesome DJ! My husband described what he wanted by saying "Music people just want to dance to throughout the entire evening". DJ Gerard was recommended to us by our, wedding planner- Sarah Willard, who was also phenomenal. Best recommendation by far! Everyone loved his song selections; he was very professional and organized from our meeting prior to the wedding and on our wedding day! Our wedding atmosphere never had a dull moment and people couldnt help but bob their heads or sing along during dinner. Even when people would start to tire from dancing, DJ Gerard would mix it up and play something our guests couldn't resist but dancing! My most memorable moment is I remember I went up to DJ Gerard probably several times just to say... "The music is awesome" and he would reply with "But...what?" and I would say "But NOTHING... the music is awesome!" Even with all the guests we had to mingle with.... we were having such a great time we found the need just to give him praise for doing such an amazing job!

Thomas · Married on 07/26/2015

Great guy! Easy to work with and did exactly what we had in mind for our reception. 100% satisfied!

DJ was amazing with our guests and did everything we asked him to do. We all had a great time.

Tyler · Married on 05/30/2015

The perfect personality for a wedding DJ- creative, involved, and professional. Gerard was the pinnacle of what I believe a DJ should be. Granted, our party would have been something without him, but with him it was perfect. Never missed a beat throughout the whole 5 hours. Would recommend to those only who want the perfect DJ!

My now husband and I are both musicians, and we were very picky when it came to all of the music at our wedding. When we asked our wedding planner for DJ recommendations, she gave us Gerard's contact info & told us we wouldn't need to contact anyone else. She was definitely right! We were looking for someone who could make sure everyone had a good time, without having to be the life of the party or screaming into the microphone constantly. Our guests spanned several generations, & Gerard kept them all dancing & enjoying themselves well into the night. Even family members that I'd never seen "cut-a-rug" were grooving out on the dance floor in ways I didn't think they could! He read the room & picked the right song to fit the mood, every time. Beforehand, he listened to our tastes & worked with us to make sure he had the music we wanted & that would work best for our event overall. DJ Gerard comes VERY HIGHLY recommended from us! If you're looking for the best DJ for your event, start here!

Maria · Married on 06/14/2014

DJ Gerard was amazing! He met with us before the wedding to get an idea of our tastes, and he nailed it with the music! He provided music for the cocktail hour and reception, and his choices helped create the fun and relaxing environment we wanted at the wedding. We had a very diverse crowd, and his playlist during dinner included something that could appeal to everyone.

Once the dancing got started, he kept the party going the whole time! He played fun music that everyone wanted to dance to, and his transitions between songs were so smooth that you never wanted to leave the dance floor. He was also a great MC throughout the night, and the quality of the speakers and microphones he provided for the ceremony and reception were great.

I definitely recommend him for any event!

Valerie · Married on 05/17/2014

Gerard with Sensational Sounds was so great to work with and did a FANTASTIC job at our Wedding!! If you are planning to utilize a DJ for your wedding or special event, I HIGHLY recommend Sensational Sounds!!

Carolyn · Married on 05/18/2013

DJ Gerard is beyond fantastic!! I tried to get off the dance floor so many times, but every time I tried to leave another of my favorite songs came on! Our dance floor was packed the whole evening. We definitely achieved the party atmosphere we were going for! Everyone kept commenting how amazing the music was. We met with Gerard a couple of times and talked over what music we liked and what we didn't and he took it from there. What I love about Gerard is that he doesn't have a set play list, yes he had a quasi list of what he is going to play but, he mixes it as he goes (Genius!!!) to create the perfect party! I have never been to a wedding where nearly everyone was on the dance floor the WHOLE TIME!! It was the best time ever! I cannot say enough good things about Sensational Sounds and DJ Gerard!

Allison · Married on 04/21/2012

Gerard did a great job with our reception music! Prior to the wedding he met with us and went over the schedule of events and asked for any special instructions. Everything was perfect. I definitely recommend Sensational Sounds!

Kathryn · Married on 09/03/2011

We can't say enough good things about Sensational Sounds. Gerard was incredibly helpful. He took our ideas and ran with them, creating a mix of specific songs that we wanted to hear and other that he chose from his own collection. The result was a perfect soundtrack to our wedding. We had a number of guests ask us if they could get a song list after the event, and everyone had a great time out on the dance floor. Gerard also worked with us to provide unique cuts of our first dance song and the processional that fit our time constraints. In addition, he was an excellent and professional emcee throughout the event, and provided the perfect mix of music before and after the ceremony. Spectacular job all around!