DJ Drake Entertainment Reviews

52 | Boulder, CO

52 Reviews for DJ Drake Entertainment

Molly O. · Married on 06/05/2020

The best dance party!

We loved working with Drake for our wedding. We had a few calls with Drake leading up to our wedding so we could discuss our song preferences, timeline, special requests, flow of the party, etc. Drake did not disappoint! He took all of our requests to heart and was so pleasant to work with. He played great music all night, accommodated our music style/requests, and read the crowd very well. We definitely would not have had such an amazing party without Drake's music and energy! Thank you, Drake!

Sent on 05/27/2019

Ashley N. · Married on 09/11/2019

Red Rocks Wedding

DJ Drake saved the day after our previous DJ plans through our venue fell through. He corresponded very quickly to create our invoice and playlist. Everyone loved him, and he threw a great dance party!

Sent on 11/30/2019

Lindsay P. · Married on 09/01/2019

Best Wedding DJ

From the beginning, Drake was so easy to work with. He responded to emails, set up a phone conversation, and gave us helpful tips and some insider information on our venue to help us plan a dream wedding dance party! When the night came, he kept the party going with songs that the crowd loved, and even went an extra hour due to popular demand! Thank you Drake for being so awesome from start to finish! We would do it all again!

Sent on 09/06/2019
  • Kelsey

Kelsey · Married on 08/10/2019

Best DJ of all time

Drake came so highly recommended through our wedding planner, Cherry Bomb Events, that we didn't even have to meet with Drake before we hired him! And we couldn't have had a better experience with him. Drake is so professional and responsive (even when he just had a newborn baby!) but he also is genuinely interested in music and it is contagious. We got endless compliments about how fantastic a job that he did, people were dancing all night long! He was super accommodating and had all the equipment that we needed from extra speakers to microphones for our officiant. We also added the set of 8 uplights at the last minute and they were SO WORTH IT! Everything just glowed, he did such a great job using the lights to enhance every part of the wedding, from the ceremony, dinner, dancing and send off! I would recommend Drake 1000 times over, he was just the best to work with.

Sent on 08/27/2019
  • Laura

Laura F. · Married on 07/12/2019

DJ Drake makes the dance floor happen!

I have nothing but great things to say about DJ Drake. From the beginning he was organized and pinpointed what exactly I was hoping for. He helped explain my questions about different music for different parts of the night. When it came to the dance floor DJ Drake really knew how to play to the crowd. He played a variety of music to please everyone (parents/aunts/uncles/family/friends) and get them dancing. We have gotten so many compliments from our guests about how great the dance floor and DJ Drake was! It seriously was the best night of dancing I have ever had!

Sent on 07/16/2019
  • Katie

Katie W. · Married on 07/05/2019

Fantastic!!!!

Dj Drake went above and beyond for our wedding. We had an outside wedding in the summer with a tent. We had a LOT of bad weather come through- lots of rain, and then hurricane like winds. He kept the party alive and having fun the whole time!! One of my favorite parts was while the rain was getting TERRIBLE he cranked up “Africa” by Toto. It made the party. Shortly after that we lost all power due to wind. He and a team of a few others got everything back up and running and kept the party dancing all night. Someone from our family said they think Drake helped saved the wedding!! His pick of songs and excellent DJ skills kept the fun spirit of the wedding throughout the whole night despite the terrible weather!

Thank you for all your help and if you are thinking of hiring DJ Drake make sure you do!!!

Sent on 07/08/2019
  • Noelle

Noelle N. · Married on 06/28/2019

There's a Reason He's #1!

He rocked our reception! We received so many compliments on DJ Drake, and he was the person referred by all our other vendors. Drake read the crowd, and made sure to work in our requests. We wanted a dance party, and he delivered! Lighting and sound were perfect without being over the top or too loud.

Sent on 07/21/2019
  • Alese

Alese M. · Married on 06/01/2019

Best dj ever, everyone had a blast!

All I can say is: EVERYONE AT OUR WEDDING DANCED! Like, even my 85 y/o grandma was bumpin' on the dance floor. When I booked DJ Drake, I knew he was professional, friendly, flexible, and had a great taste in music. But I was a little worried that our people (my now husband included) aren't the biggest dancers or the few songs I has chosen wouldn't make people want to dance. DJ Drake has an excellent crowd sense and somehow made our entire wedding a freaking blast. I couldn't have been more thrilled at the end of the night. Drake was a great MC as well, and he was incredibly organized pre-wedding. He made sure that we mutually planned out the schedule of the entire night, including all announcements, etc. 12/10 would recommend him for any wedding or event!!!

Sent on 06/25/2019

Kevin S. · Married on 03/29/2019

Excellent DJ, highly recommended!

DJ Drake was fantastic! He worked with us from the very beginning and played a significant role in making our wedding day feel special. We highly recommend him!

Sent on 05/08/2019

Julia · Married on 02/16/2019

Drake kept the party dancing for hours!

We loved working with Drake - he is such a down-to-earth, friendly person and is SO good at what he does. We had a non-traditional wedding and wanted more than anything to have an all-night dance party celebrating with all of our friends and family. Drake had everyone on the dance floor for, no joke, 4.5 hours. He was very accommodating with the type of music that we wanted to hear, and we had so much fun! He is also super knowledgeable with weddings in general and had great input throughout the planning process, and he was even involved in our venue walkthrough! Prior to choosing our venue we had our hearts set on a live band, and were very disappointed when we found out that the venue did not allow live bands - Drake made us SO excited all over again after meeting him, and assured us that he would be able to create a playlist that would keep our guests on the dance floor and keep us grooving all night. We can't recommend Drake enough!

Sent on 03/01/2019
  • Rachel

Rachel · Married on 08/25/2018

DJ Drake was AWESOME. He kept our dance floor full all night and was super attentive and responsive when I made a couple of suggested requests. He mainly ignored our must-play list and went with the flow and vibe of the room, which was perfect until I wanted to hear some 00s pop, and then he played it for me. The grandparents and parents were out there dancing along with all the young guests, and it was AMAZING to see grandma and grandpa dancing alongside our best friends. Everyone had a great time and kept complimenting us on our awesome DJ. I would recommend DJ Drake to anyone looking for a DJ for any event. He is great at reading the room, didn’t overuse the mic/take up time to talk himself when it wasn’t necessary, and our dance floor was packed.

A couple of the other DJs we talked to tried to convince us to get uplighting and were going to charge an arm and a leg. One DJ we talked to had more to say about uplighting than he did DJing. I never felt pressure from DJ Drake, and we did end up doing the uplighting, and it was SO additive to the venue. It made the space warm and elegant and was subtle (not hot pink/purple like a lot of weddings I've been to) and just fab.

My ONLY quibble is that we had tried to work out with him and the venue in advance whether he would need an ipod or laptop for our cocktail hour and whether or not he could just plug and play, and it was painful to get an answer out of him or the venue owners. In the end, he assured us the ipod/iphone would be great, so we loaded our playlist and then he didn’t have the correct adaptor. It ended up raining and we moved inside, where he was all set up to play for the night and made up a cocktail list on the fly that was perfect and honestly better than what we had compiled, so it all worked out but I wish he had addressed this issue when we asked as we could have purchased the right cord and brought it with us.

Sent on 08/28/2018

Adam · Married on 07/27/2018

DJ Drake was phenomenal. We asked him to be the DJ for our wedding, and my wife and I could not have been happier. From our first meeting, Drake was professional, friendly, knowledgeable, and had great suggestions for our wedding day timeline, almost all of which we adopted. Drake DJ'ed a fun, customized dance-party at our wedding reception where he read the crowd, adjusted music, took requests, and never missed a beat. He even brought in his new wireless, multicolor lights which greatly enhanced the atmosphere of the party. Drake was fun, energetic, played great music, and I would highly recommend him to anyone looking for a DJ for any occasion, not just a wedding.

Sent on 08/05/2018

Kat · Married on 06/30/2018

Drake helped make our wedding day perfect! We loved working with him from the planning stages all the way to our wedding day. He adjusted to a last minute rain plan at lightning speed and smoothed over any other bumps or unforeseen changes throughout the night. On top of that, he nailed it with the music and had people dancing all night long! We highly recommend Drake and would hire him again without hesitation.

Sent on 07/11/2018
  • Brittany

Brittany · Married on 12/08/2017

Drake DJ'ed for our holiday party at the Rembrandt Yard. He did an AMAZING job and helped make the night one that our employees will never forget. Thanks Drake!!

Sent on 12/13/2017

Kirsten · Married on 09/22/2017

I wish I could give DJ Drake 10 stars! We picked Drake because he was recommended by every vendor we met with. He was very responsive, professional, organized, and easy to work with. On our wedding day he was on time, helpful, and made sure our guests had a great time. Everyone was dancing the entire night and I was sad when the dance party was over!

He offers suggestions to the many questions you may have about the flow of the evening. You can tell he takes pride in his job and will do anything for you to make sure you have a fun filled evening. Again, our dance floor was filled the entire night and our guests are still talking about our reception. Thank you, Drake for an evening where long lasting memories were made.

Sent on 09/27/2017

Petra · Married on 09/02/2017

Drake was perfect! He kept everyone on the dance floor the entire evening. He's a real pro and really takes the job seriously while having fun with the guests. In addition to developing THE BEST play list for the wedding, he also had some great recommendations for how to make the day flow perfectly. I incorporated every one of his suggestions and it made my big day that much better! We will definitely use DJ Drake again, and will recommend him to anyone!

Sent on 09/05/2017

Gabriela · Married on 08/06/2017

Drake, my family and I are so pleased with your service. You are very professional and help the reception to be great. Music, participation and your accessibility were great.
    Thank you for all you did because thanks to your music the reception was great.

Sent on 08/14/2017

Allison · Married on 08/04/2017

DJ Drake was truly incredible. He made our wedding one of the best parties we (and our guests) have ever been to! he played the perfect mix of music, and knew exactly how to read the crowd. He kept people happy and dancing all night long - our dance floor was FULL. Even my husbands 83-yr-old grandfather, who doesn't like to dance, was not only dancing, but thoroughly enjoying himself! We can say with confidence that Drake made our wedding reception what it was. He rolled with some last minute changes and requests, and had the perfect cocktail hour/dinner music as well. On top of all of this, Drake is a great guy and so fun to work with!

Sent on 10/29/2017

Peter · Married on 05/20/2017

DJ Drake did a fantastic job at our wedding. From the start, he made sure that our needs were being met. He was communicative, personable, and able to help us with suggestions regarding how the reception would go. One of my goals going into the wedding was to make sure the dance floor had plenty of uplighting. Drake was able to supply that with vibrant LEDs that responded to the music. We had a blast and danced the night away.

I would certainly hire Drake again.

Sent on 06/09/2017

Laura · Married on 02/03/2017

Drake did an awesome job. Courteous, professional and gave us music that appealed to a wide variety of people. The dance floor was full all night!

Sent on 02/07/2017

Erica · Married on 09/24/2016

If you're looking for an amazing, fun, professional, and personable DJ then Drake is your guy! We had so much fun working with him and would recommend him undoubtedly to anyone who needs a DJ. If you want a cheesy, used car salesman kind of DJ though Drake is NOT for you. He made the night perfect for us, easy and (most importantly) stress-free! I promise you cannot go wrong with DJ Drake!

Sent on 10/11/2016

Jessica · Married on 09/10/2016

Your wedding DJ really sets the voice and tone for your celebration, and we couldn’t have asked for a better DJ than DJ Drake. He was so professional in the weeks leading up to the event. He stayed in constant communication with us as we planned our playlists and itinerary. On the night of the wedding, DJ Drake threw the perfect dance party that had all of our guests out of their seats. So many of our guests came up to us after the wedding and told us how great the DJ was. He has such a great energy, and it’s obvious that he just loves helping people get their groove on. Thanks, DJ Drake!

Sent on 10/02/2016

David · Married on 08/13/2016

All around Drake was awesome. His choice of music for the party after the wedding was awesome and he did a great job incorporating every specific song my Wife and I wanted. I would highly recommend DJ Drake.

Sent on 10/02/2016

Tiernay · Married on 06/17/2016

Drake is AWESOME! I met him through work events and asked him to do our wedding, we ended up having the ceremony years after I originally asked and he still made himself available and did an amazing job at our wedding. He interacts, introduces himself to everyone at the wedding, does not act like a stranger just makes himself part of the celebration which makes him PERFECT as a DJ. I highly recommend his services, you will not regret it!!

Sent on 08/22/2016

Rhianon · Married on 05/01/2016

Drake was amazing! He was so responsive to us right from the beginning and helped coordinate all the bits and pieces of the day that I was nervous weren't going to come together. He kept everyone dancing all night and our guests thought he was awesome. I would recommend him to anyone!

Sent on 05/09/2016