72 Reviews for DJ Domenic Entertainment

Liability Insurance (6)
Photobooth (1)
Uplighting (1)
72 DJ Domenic Entertainment Reviews

One of the best decisions of our entire wedding was hiring DJ Domenic! He’s extremely professional and flexible, and you can tell he genuinely cares about his clients and wants them to have the best time possible. He even noticed I was upset about something unrelated, and pulled me aside to check in with me and make sure everything was ok! He also saved the day by offering use of his projector when ours broke the day before! Truly knowledgeable, professional, flexible, and generally all around a great person to work with. You absolutely can not go wrong with hiring him, and we can’t recommend him enough!!

Profile Picture Brianna, 7/21/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor

DJ Domenic just has something about him - the first time I spoke to him on the phone (about 9 months out from our wedding) I felt calm and not at all worried about the music selection on our big day, I booked and didn't worry about it again. I should point out that this speaks to Dom's calming ability to take care of it all, since worry is basically my middle name.

He followed up to check in with me in the months leading up to the wedding, and I was feeling good, then about 2 weeks out I had a moment of panic: other than choosing our first dance and the father-daughter song, I hadn't thought about the music at all! The music makes the wedding! What if Dom wasn't what I remembered?? I spent the few days putting together a painfully long and detailed song list and sent it to DJ Dom, who got on the phone with me and patiently let me walk him through my thoughts, vision, vibe for the day. He assured me he had this and he'd keep the dance floor packed all night.

Sure enough, I didn't need to worry. Or spend all that time on the song list... Dom played the perfect combination of fun dance songs, classics and singalongs to keep all ages happy and having fun on the dance floor all night long. Somehow he did this without feeling like the playlist I've heard at every other wedding I've ever been to. He was engaging and professional without being in your face on the mic, and more importantly I could tell he was listening to what we wanted ever since that initial phone call months ago.

We had so many guests tell us how much fun they had dancing all night and how it was the perfect mix of music. Thank you Dom for helping us throw one heck of a party!

Profile Picture Jaimie, 6/30/18, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System

DJ Domenic was amazing! Our only request when we had our planning discussion was that we wanted everyone to dance - and Domenic delivered! Our dance floor was packed the whole evening; two guests even got into a "worm" competition at one point. Domenic was also very helpful when it came to picking out ceremony music and providing examples when we weren't sure. Highly recommend him!

Profile Picture Nicole, 6/16/18, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor

We are really happy we used DJ Domenic for our wedding. He was professional, laid back, responsive, and perfect for what we were looking for. We didn’t want a DJ who would yell or make cheesy announcements, and DJ Domenic was awesome and really delivered the type of reception we hoped for. We used him for our 4 hour reception and definitely recommend him!

Profile Picture Hilary, 4/21/18, 8 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC, One Event Per Day

We chose DJ Dom after our first 10-minute phone conversation as he was so personable and laid back. He helped tremendously in selecting our music for the ceremony and cocktail hour and played just the right music during the reception without any guidance from us, which is exactly what we wanted. He checked in with us multiple times throughout the night. We are very happy to have worked with him!

Profile Picture Amy, 10/28/17, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

DJ Domenic was fabulous! He was so professional to work with before, during and after the wedding. Prior to the wedding he listened to all of our crazy requests, went above and beyond and really gave us confidence in our decision to hire him. The day of the wedding he was perfect, from the moment the cocktail hour started up until the end of the night everything ran smoothly thanks to him. He was extremely courteous, took music requests, made our guests extremely happy and also communicated with us the entire night. He had the dance floor absolutely packed the entire night but also played softer music during dinner so that people could have conversations. We also used the photobooth which was amazing and very well staffed. Literally cannot say enough good things about DJ Domenic, he is definitely worth the hire and then some!!

Profile Picture Stacy, 10/14/17, 10 Reviews
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC, Microphones, Photobooth, Sound/PA System

Domenic was such a wonderful DJ to have at our wedding. He was so thorough with his preparation and really made sure to find out what we wanted for our wedding. He is extremely personable and answered all questions promptly. Every song we put on our "must play" list was played and none of the "do not play" songs were played. He had everyone on their feet and dancing throughout the night. There was music for all ages, so our youngest as well as our oldest guests were out on the dance floor! One of our songs had a simple dance that has been an inside joke with my husband, the best man, and the best man's brother. Domenic made sure to play this song while the best man, his brother, my husband, and me were all in the room so we could participate. This added such an amazing memory to our already fantastic day. A couple of my guests wanted to sing "I Believe I Can Fly" karaoke, but Dom made sure to ask me first, and thank goodness he did! Everyone knows what drunken karaoke looks like, so I was so happy that Dom had my back. My husband and I met in college and about 10 of our guests also attended the same school, so Dom helped us to facilitate a college picture with our school's pennant. He was the perfect pick for our wedding!

Profile Picture Kelly, 8/4/17, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

I cannot recommend Dj Domenic enough. My husband and I were looking for someone comfortable enough for our multi-cultural wedding. Within the first few minutes of speaking to him on the phone, I knew Domenic was the person we were looking for. Our guests from the United States, Canada, Europe and mostly the Congo were on the dance floor the ENTIRE night and we have heard nothing but amazing compliments to the DJ. I can't thank DJ Domenic enough for making our day so perfect.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Teryl, 7/28/17, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Consultation, Liability Insurance, MC

DJ Dom was SO AMAZING!! I cannot recommend him highly enough. He was so easy to work with before the wedding, taking the time to make sure that he knew songs we wanted to hear and get a good idea of our tastes. The day of the wedding he absolutely nailed everything we were looking for. The lighting was beautiful, he MC'd without being intrusive, and he kept everyone out on the dance floor ALL NIGHT! After our wedding people of all ages were just raving about the music and how much fun they had dancing up a storm. DJ Dom made it a party to remember!

Profile Picture Meaghann, 7/15/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor

Amazing!!! DJ Domenic couldn't have been more perfect for our wedding. He is extremely professional and able to read the crowd perfectly. We decided to fully trust Domenic and not give him a list of songs to play- it turned out to be a great decision! We didn't have any stress surrounding music and it reduced our planning time, because we didn't have to worry about putting a list of songs together. He is wonderful at his job and had our guests on the dance floor the entire night. Wonderful music, well priced, professional, and very easy to work with. I highly recommend him!!!

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Paige, 10/15/16, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor

DJ Domenic was so friendly, easy going, and worked with us to make our wedding night music perfect. He touched base with us throughout the planning process and always made himself available if we needed him. He had a perfect blend of music for our reception, despite our semi-vague/weird musical requests. Our guests were happily dancing the night away! Would highly recommend DJ Domenic for your wedding!!

Profile Picture User5634290, 1+ year ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ
Services Used: Do-Not-Play List, MC, One Event Per Day, Microphones, Sound/PA System

One morning, months before our wedding we set out to begin our interview process for a DJ and a photographer. We had heard that DJ Domenic was a great DJ as he had been in our recommended vendors by The Grandview. We pulled up to his home that morning with a mental checklist in mind of exactly what we wanted. My fiancé , being very particular with his music was even more specific as to the person he was looking for.
As we sat with Domenic and he explained the kind of DJ he was, within 10 minutes we had found he met each and every criterion of what we were looking for. At that point we took all of his information and told him that we would be in touch. (Even though we felt the vibe immediately). We did not even get five minutes down the road when we all looked at each other and quickly said “where are we going?!?, we need him to be our DJ!!” I quickly called him back and asked if we could come back and give him a deposit and from there it began.
Since our first meeting Domenic was nothing but professional, warm, open minded and extremely knowledgeable about music. We gave him a very rough idea of what we wanted and if it was as if he had read our minds as to what we wanted our wedding day to be.
Before we knew it the week before the wedding had arrived and we contacted Domenic about the final touches of first dance music, introductions etc. I think he could tell how overwhelmed we were, but non the less he was so incredibly patient with us, making sure that everything was to our exact specifications. The day of our wedding came and he was so very attentive to our every wish from start to finish. He set up microphones for the ceremony, arranged music and made sure everything went perfectly. We even had several people come up to us throughout the night and ask “Who is your DJ, he is fantastic!!!” So after all that we would like to say that we were simply blown away by DJ Domenic and would highly recommend him to anyone for any type of event you may have!

Profile Picture Isabelle, 9/18/16, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor

We recently got married on September 4, 2016 and Domenic as our DJ. He was outstanding from beginning to end. We spoke over the phone a few months before the wedding and he made you feel very comfortable that things would go just fine. In all honesty, he had very little input from us. His choice of music had everyone on the dance floor (literally from 3 year olds to 70 year olds). During dinner, he made sure to put on music that was not blaring-you could actually have a conversation. He was so easy to work with and he took care of everything (ceremony, cocktail hour & reception). The compliments about my choice of DJ went on well after the wedding-everybody loved him. We cannot recommend him enough!

Profile Picture Michelle, 9/3/16, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor

When trying to decide on a DJ it was very important to us to have someone that is not too flashy but instead classy and would play music that aligned to our tastes. DJ Domenic was exactly that person. We could tell from early on meetings that his calm and easy-going personality was a refreshing take on a DJ. He played all of the songs we asked for and filled in the rest of the night with music that got the guests excited and dancing. He was perfect!

Profile Picture Brittany, 6/26/16, 8 Reviews
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC, One Event Per Day, Microphones, Uplighting

Domenic was fantastic to work with! We we're kind of hands-off planners, so just told Domenic a little about ourselves and the vibe we were going for, and asked him to read the room. And he did a fantastic job! We were so glad we didn't have to micromanage and tell him 100 songs we wanted/didn't want (though I'm sure he would have also been fine with that). He took what we'd told him and played the perfect mix of songs so that everyone from the kids to grandparents were up on the dance floor! We also had a looot of moving pieces for him to have to coordinate, including a lion dance, trick first dance with some complicated musical timing, tea ceremony, many toasts, and a juggling routine! Domenic kept everyone organized and kept the events flowing smoothly. We cannot recommend him enough!

Profile Picture Bethany-Rose, 3/12/16, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Consultation, MC, One Event Per Day, Microphones

DJ Dom was perfect for our December wedding at Highlands Country Club. We enjoyed meeting with him to go over our music choices as well as the flow of the evening, and he was flexible as we made final music choices up until the week before the wedding. He listened to exactly what we wanted and included our favorite songs throughout the night. He even threw in personalized touches - after the groom's father's toast mentioned going to a Rush concert with the bride's father, DJ Dom even found a way to incorporate a Rush song. He kept the evening moving without being intrusive. His familiarity with the venue meant our ceremony and reception sounded perfect all night.

Profile Picture Sarah, 12/19/15, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

I was searching for a DJ who was classy, fun, affordable, and professional. After reviewing DJ after DJ, I was beginning to lose hope. When I called Domenic to inquire about his services, I instantly felt relieved. My endless search for the perfect DJ was finally over!

• Flexibility: My husband and I wanted to do things a little differently for some parts of the night. For example, we wanted to do our "first dance" to a slow song and then have it morph into another song so we could do a "fun dance" and catch everyone by surprise. Domenic was more than accommodating and helped us achieve the perfect moment that caught everyone off guard! :)

• Positivity: When Domenic called me to discuss the "surprise dance," at one point during our conversation he said, "Anything is possible!" which is exactly what every stressed out bride needs to hear from a vendor! I trusted that he would take care of everything and make the night perfect.

• Song selection: My husband and I have random and opposite tastes in music. He likes Ska and oldies, where I like 90s and Pop. We e-mailed Domenic a list of a few of our favorite songs and, using that information, Domenic was able to create the perfect playlist for our wedding. Everyone was on the dance floor for the ENTIRE evening! (For real though...)

During the wedding, we had several people come up to us and comment about Domenic. "Your DJ is amazing!" "How did you find him?" Some friends even approached him after the wedding to inquire about using his services for future weddings. If I had to redo that day over and over again, I'd pick DJ Domenic every time! Thanks so much for helping to make the day absolutely perfect, Domenic!

Profile Picture Lindsay, 9/5/15, 1 Review
Category: DJ

On August 30, 2015 my wife and I got married at the West Hills Country Club in Middletown New York and DJ Domenic was perfect for our wedding.

While reviewing wedding videographer demo reels we got to see several scenes of wedding receptions and we began to realize that a Wedding DJ not only plays the music but also serves as the master of ceremonies by introducing the different elements on the schedule of the reception. We also realized that we didn't want a DJ that would make it feel like a rave or night club.  We wanted an elegant affair with a professional, low key and outgoing DJ. When we commented on this to one of the potential videographers he recommended DJ Domenic and showed us a video of a reception that DJ Domenic had done. It was exactly what we wanted.

Our initial phone call with DJ Domenic was great. He was supportive, flexible and knowledgeable. After the phone call DJ Domenic emailed us a form to fill in all of the key information that he needed; sequence of events, announced members of the wedding party, songs for specific dances, who would be delivering speeches…  This really helped us plan the ceremony and reception and think thru each element.  We discovered that we needed a microphone for the harp at our ceremony, a wireless lavalier mic for the ceremony host and a wireless handheld mic for the Rabbi.  DJ Domenic was able to provide each of these at no extra charge. After we filled in the form, we sent it back to him and then had a phone conversation to review the document and ask and answer questions.

The day of our wedding DJ Domenic showed up early and setup quickly.  During the reception he played excellent music and introduced each element gracefully. Music is key to any wedding and DJ Dominic knows his music! He is seasoned and knows the how to play the right music to get the party going in all the right ways.

We appreciated everything about him! Go with Domenic if you want a classy event with great music!

Profile Picture User5467629, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

DJ Domenic was great! He was really easygoing and took the time to get to know what we were looking for in our reception. He was also really flexible and read the group well to time things like specific dances and the cake. We were nervous that our friends and families wouldn't dance, but Domenic had everyone out on the dance floor partying the whole time!

Profile Picture User4654996, 2+ years ago, 7 Reviews
Category: DJ

DJ Dominic was absolutely awesome. We have said over over that he was the highlight of the wedding. All of our guests had a fantastic time dancing the night away. We have Dominic a list of songs we liked and from that he totally grasped or style and had people on the dance floor all night. He also made a special trip up to Ithaca, NY for us. I would recommend him to anyone!

Profile Picture Sarah, 6/13/15, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Dom was perfect for us. He's unobtrusive, listens extremely well to his clients and works with a great deal of flexibility on the day of the party, if that's what you want. He gave us a great early evening party- getting guests up dancing before the sun set, which I was worried about. It was an easy and enjoyable process working with DJ Dom from start to finish.

Profile Picture Kelly, 5/30/15, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Amazing DJ! He nailed it, with almost no input from us. Our guests danced the entire time. He was great to work with, flexible, professional, read the crowd, and the music was the focus.

Picking a DJ was one of the hardest things for our wedding. We went with Domenic who came recommended from our officiant- she commented on how professional he always was. We read some good reviews online too, but talking with Domenic on the phone, we got a good feeling and he made the planning easy. We gave him almost NO input because we were so busy, and crossed our fingers that wedding day would go well.

Domenic completely blew us away! He showed up early, came and introduced himself, and let us know he would be suited up for the night. The ceremony music was perfect, and the cocktail hour was great, but let me tell you we could not have imagined a better reception party!

He read the crowd perfectly and we danced for over 5 hours straight (he played a 4 hour reception + 2 hour after party, the first hour we were eating, first dances, speeches). He mixed it up with new stuff, old stuff, and everything in between that you would never have thought of yourself but definitely wanted to hear. Everyone was commenting the next day about how they have never danced so much at a wedding and were exhausted from dancing all night. A few weeks later we got to watch some video footage our friends took and every song playing was incredible - we knew he was good but had almost forgotten just how awesome it was. And even better, he is a truly nice guy. We almost got the feeling he just one of our friends who got up to spin some music. If you want a awesome dance party at your wedding, go with Domenic.

His pricing was right on with the other quotes we received. We spoke with 4 DJs, and emailed with a few others.

Profile Picture Nicole, 1/17/15, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

Domenic did an amazing job at our wedding. He made it very easy for us to get him the info he needed to be able to make the night go smoothly. He was also very accommodating with some querky things we wanted to do - like entering to the 90's chicago bulls theme song and doing the announcer voice, or playing a song for my step father and I to dance to. He did an amazing job playing and fading in/out the ceremony music we picked, and was able to read the crowd, so that we actually started a few minutes early! He also made our reception a TON of fun with playing a mix of oldies but goodies and new music to keep everyone on the dance floor. I would highly recommend Domenic to anyone looking for a professional and fun DJ for their wedding.

Profile Picture Betsy, 10/25/14, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor

I have a very specific taste in music and MANY likes and dislikes as far as wedding songs go, so I figured finding a DJ right for us would be difficult. DJ Domenic was absolutely perfect for us. He's laid back, easy going, and listens to your ideas. He isn't pushy at all or loud and obnoxious, which I know a lot of other DJ's are. I gave him a list of songs & demands (I'm that bride) and he played exactly what I wanted when I wanted them to be played, as well as adding in his own ideas & judgement and tying together the party perfectly. He's very professional and always answered my calls/emails right away. We are extremely happy with our choice in hiring Domenic and have already recommended him to our friends. We had a great dance party at our wedding reception!

Profile Picture Michelle , 10/24/14, 1 Review
Category: DJ

DJ Domenic was amazing at our wedding!!! He incorporated our style and musical tastes perfectly! We gave him a few songs we liked, and he took it from there. Everyone, old and young, was on the dance floor the entire night, and raved to us how awesome our dj was! Not only did he do a great job at our wedding, but he is such a nice guy and so easy to work with. He is a super down to earth guy who has a great sense of music, and someone we felt comfortable with from the first meeting we had. He came recommended from our venue, the Garrison, and he was one of our favorite wedding vendors we hired. He has a natural sense for the flow of a wedding, and made the night perfect :) Thank you so much Dom for making our wedding a night to remember!!! Love Mike and Steph

Profile Picture User3777792, 2+ years ago, 7 Reviews