DJ David Medina Reviews

DJ David Medina 2
DJ David Medina 3
DJ David Medina 4
DJ David Medina 5

We working with David Medina for our wedding at the Dumbo Loft. From consultation to music selection and execution, David is a true professional. The music at our wedding was a real hit and David kept the crowd dancing until the very end.

Attitude and presentation wise, David walks a fine line between formal and really really cool, and it just works! Our guests loved him! He has a fantastic ability to read the crowd and play to the current mood. Also, his ability to get our older guests dancing was very impressive!

We wanted to incorporate a wide range of styles, from Motown, to latin and even Albanian music -- David delivered across the board. After filling out a brief survey and getting on the phone I felt very comfortable that David understood what we were going for and he didn't disappoint.

We're actively talking to our couple friends about hiring him for their weddings and hope to see him again soon!

Sent on 11/16/2015

DJ David Medina is wonderful! He was the DJ at a close friend's wedding and we decided to try to book him for ours. Unfortunately he was busy that night but he recommended Marlon, who did a wonderful job and made our wedding really fun! Thanks so much guys, everyone loved the music at our wedding :-)

Sent on 11/23/2015

David was such a pleasure to work with! He really takes his job seriously, and cares a lot about his costumers and about making the wedding a truly special day. My now husband found him, and since the very first email he was very accommodating and interested in getting to know us. The whole process was very smooth, which we loved because we did not want any more complications than the ones we already had. We filled a questionnaire with the songs we wanted, which was extremely useful because it helped us think more carefully about what we wanted and what the guests would enjoy. When the day finally arrived, David was helpful, professional and fun, and all the guests adored the music selection and danced the whole time, as did we! If you are looking for the perfect DJ, David is your man.

Sent on 06/18/2015

David was the DJ for our NYC wedding and he was simply amazing! He's a really nice guy and very professional. I've been to those weddings with the cheesy DJs who talk way too much and wear sequins vests... David was the complete opposite. He was dressed professionally (hey, brides worry about appearances) and handled the announcements and introductions wonderfully. The music was amazing. We had a blast and received nothing but compliments from friends and family about how great the DJ was. He played the music we wanted (we provided a list) and also mixed in some of his own choices. It was great. I would highly recommend picking David for your wedding if you want an awesome dance party!

Sent on 06/29/2015

Amy · Married on 05/17/2015

David helped make our wedding day an absolutely magical experience for everyone who attended. I've been a big fan of his club DJ-ing for years, so I knew the music would be impeccable. He interfaced seamlessly with our venue on all the logistical details of equipment, etc. I simply made the introduction and he took care of the rest. He took the time to review the schedule of the event with us in advance, and understand what music would be required for each portion of the evening, so the soundtrack for each portion of the wedding was perfect. But David's biggest gift is his ability to read the crowd and play exactly what will get people on the dance floor and keep them there! I could not recommend him more highly–David is the best.

Sent on 07/30/2015

Crystal · Married on 03/21/2015

David Medina was a spectacular person from beginning to end. As I approached vendors for our wedding, the sole, most important factor was communication. A lot of vendors simply do not have the time and therefore, cannot find meaning, nor purpose in your very special event.

David exhibited great professionalism. He invited us to one of his DJ events in NYC in order for us to experience his craft. He reached out to us because he wanted to assure he provided great service and fully understood what we sought. He answered any and all questions via email same or next day.

He truly loves what he does and it shows with his need to be involved, understand who we are and our background, and made our wedding day flow organically.

We are grateful and recommend him to all our friends and family.

Sent on 07/27/2015

Annie · Married on 12/05/2014

Best DJ we could have wished for at our last minute Wedding! He's professional, fun and knows a lot of music styles. He knows how to read and please a crowd with the perfects songs and styles of music. Everybody danced all night long!!!

Sent on 07/23/2015

Milena · Married on 10/18/2014

What an incredible evening, so much fun, so much love throughout the entire night. We wanted to send a big 'thank you' to David. He kept the guests dancing for 5 hours, from the moment he played 'I Wanna Dance With Somebody' til the last second of 'Last Dance'. The energy in that room was just unbelievable and for the rest of our lives we will remember the most special night of our lives.

We can't count the number of guests who told us our wedding was the most fun party and the best wedding they've ever been to and DJ Medina played a very important role in making that happen.

Thank you so much and hopefully we will see you soon. Keep us posted on your gigs.

All the best,

Milena and Jess

Sent on 11/06/2014

Lucy · Married on 10/04/2014

DJ David Medina played the best set at our wedding! Everything was perfect. He brought his own equipment and the sound was excellent! He caught on to our taste and played music for the span of guests to enjoy. Everyone was dancing. He helped make it a very special and magical night. I recommend this DJ without hesitation for any music needs.

Sent on 10/29/2014

DJ David Medina was recommended to me after I had a few failed meetings with other DJs who didn't have the appropriate equipment, experience or enthusiasm. After speaking with him just once, I knew we had found our guy. He knew exactly what we were going for -- a mix of the old and new, 50s doo woop, 60s rock n'roll, 70s funk & R&B, 80s pop, 90s everything (because we're that old) and today's hits. He was the consummate professional throughout the evening. If you want to dance, shake, rattle and roll the night away, I highly recommend you give him a shout.

Sent on 12/09/2014

Rozi · Married on 06/21/2014

David is an incredible DJ. He knows his music well and knows how to mix various styles and languages without interrupting the flow. We had 4 different cultures to mix for our weddings and wanted to incorporate music from each of them, including Albanian, Italian, Spanish and English. He did an impeccable job and he doesn't even speak all the languages the songs were in. The guests at our wedding could not stop raving about how amazing the music was. People forgot about their food and in fact missed courses just to get on the dance floor. We gave David a list of songs that were a must play at our event and he played all of them, his attention to detail is impeccable. I've been to so many weddings where the DJ has messed up or forgotten something, like the father-daughter dance or even the wedding song, but David remembered everything including our "money dance song" which was in Albanian, a special mix that I wanted dedicated to my dad and many more small details. The best thing about him is that you literally won't have to worry about a thing. The music will play and you will love it. On top of it all, he is a genuinely nice guy with a positive energy that will put you in a good mood immediately. He makes great song suggestions and is very responsive. In short, book him! He is amazing, he will make your wedding amazing.

Sent on 07/22/2014

Michelle · Married on 06/20/2014

DJ Medina is the man you want for your party. My now husband and I, wanted more than just a loft wedding, we wanted a bash, and we struggled to find a DJ who would make that happen, until another DJ personally recommended Mr. Medina.

David was accommodating and helpful from the beginning. Our first meeting was scheduled to fit our busy lives, and structured to help him gain insight into our tastes and the tastes of our guests. DJ Medina inquired as to the age of our guests, music that had sentimental value and the moods we wanted to set at the different stages of our wedding. When we would get stuck on what songs to use at particular moment, such as the recessional, he made lovely suggestions based on what he had already gleaned from our personalities. We provided a specific list of song “must haves” but left the rest open to him.

The week before the wedding he collaborated graciously with our coordinator. On the day of, he became part of our system for flowing effortlessly from one special moment to the next. His equipment was excellent and fit seamlessly into the modern decor of our wedding. He kept our guests engaged and was animated without being ostentatious, so no worries about the DJ trying to take center stage.

Most importantly every song that played reassured us that we had made the right choice. He played every song from our list and the rest, which we had left to him, was a fabulous mix that complimented both our Latin roots and New York style. We thank him and are grateful for his music knowledge, tastes and professionalism.

Sent on 11/18/2014

sanghee · Married on 06/14/2014

We hired DJ David Medina for our wedding and were very pleased with his services. He was very professional and handled our ceremony and reception perfectly.

David was the first vendor to arrive at our venue, and he set up his station before any of our guests were there. He was very easy to work with from the moment we hired him, to the end of the wedding reception, which made everything a breeze.

I have to mention that he was actually the point person I could count on for timing for various wedding scheduling, i.e. bride/groom entrance, cake cutting, etc. He helped extremely and was on cue with everything. His music choices were great and even though my husband and I had very different ideas on music selection, David managed to flow everything smoothly - this also included music requests from our guests. He even asked me if it was okay to play the Electric Slide, a song that was requested on the dance floor - which is a perfect example of his courteous nature.

I would highly recommend DJ David Medina for your wedding, especially if you are looking for someone to count on and trust to help make your wedding an exciting one.

Thank you so much, David!

Sent on 09/03/2014

We discovered David's DJ talents in 2010, when one of my bridesmaids got married in upstate NY. I had never had so much fun at a wedding (at least until our wedding). We danced all night long to the best mix of music and just had the greatest time. After I got engaged, I immediately knew we needed David for our party. Luckily for us he was available. From start to finish we had a fabulous time working with him. He's extremely friendly, easy to talk to and will work with you on whatever music ideas you have. We had very specific ideas for the cocktail hour and dinner music, but pretty much left the dance sets up to him. We were extremely happy with his selections as were our guests. It was just perfect. Everyone was dancing all night (even my 2 year old nephew)! David accommodated our last minute changes with ease and was very thorough with all of our requests.

Not only were David's music choices spot on, but his stage presence is also great. Your DJ is setting the tone for your party, so it was really important to us to not have a "DJ personality" behind the mic, but a real person. His style when introducing us and the bridal party, as well as other announcements, throughout the evening was perfect - he's totally himself. Another huge plus - he's very prompt with responding to any questions via email or phone. I can't wait until I have another reason to have a party with a DJ, but until then I'll be referring the heck out of DJ Medina. David, we are so happy that you were able to DJ our wedding. It wouldn't have been the same without you there! Thank you thank you thank you for making our day so spectacular!

Sent on 04/30/2014

matthew · Married on 10/04/2013

David made our night even more special than we could have ever imagined. The music flowed perfectly, and everyone raved about the night. We had very specific requests, and David delivered on all accounts. We couldn't have asked for a better DJ

Sent on 04/07/2014

soledad · Married on 08/10/2013

When my husband and I started organizing our wedding in Atlanta, I recall saying to my husband that the ideal wedding for me would be a wedding with music from all over the world. My husband is European and I'm Latin American so we needed to find a DJ that would accommodate all sorts of tunes from different parts of the world. For our wedding, we figured we wanted nothing but the best music for ourselves and our guests. That is when I determined that my first priority in organizing our wedding would be to find the best DJ anyone can hoper for. Having lived in NYC for 13 years , I was fortunate to have come across DJ David Medina's music at various venues and parties in the city and having great memories from dancing and listening to his mix of music. I left NYC in 2011 to move to Asia and in 2013 I moved back to the US, but this time I moved to Atlanta, Ga.

When I started searching, I remember talking to my best friend in NY and saying to her how much I would like to contact DJ David Medina. However, I was no longer living in NYC and I didn't know if this could even be possible. I mean, I was shooting for the best DJ in NYC who is famous and who plays for the best venues in the city. I asked my friend to please go to one of the venues where he played and personally ask David Medina if would be willing to travel to Atlanta and play his amazing mix of music at our wedding. In my mind, I thought this would only be possible in my dreams. However, David told my friend he would be willing to travel and that this could be arranged. As soon as I heard this, I contacted him and we made the proper arrangements , flight, equipment, and lodging. Everything was arranged smoothly and his trip to Atlanta was booked for our wedding day!
    Until this day, my husband and I agree that our wedding turned out to be so successful due to the music. Everything went perfectly fine, but the MUSIC at our wedding was just AMAZING ! Sole&Micke

Sent on 04/10/2014

Greta · Married on 04/27/2013

We just wanted to take a moment to thank David for such a wonderful evening of great music. We could not have asked for anything more. Everyone had a great time and danced the night away! His expertise and professionalism exceeded our expectations and it was our pleasure having him share in our special day. We strongly recommend David's services for your next event.

Sincerely,
    Michael & Greta

Sent on 04/20/2014

Sue · Married on 10/20/2012

David Medina was not only wonderful and easy to work with, he proved to be an excellent DJ. He mixed great music, had a fanulous election, was versatile with the mood, and knew how to work the party. He gave us everything we asked for but also worked with the management of Del Posto, a restaurant in New York that also had a dinner crowd to cater to during our event. He knows balance and sets the time for a great event -- And his prices are reasonable for what you get. If you choose to work with him, you won't be disappointed!!!

Sent on 04/29/2014
  • Y

Yumi · Married on 10/07/2012

Thank you for an amazing job! We were thrilled with your work at our wedding!. Great party and thank you for your great music choice & performance!

Andre & Yumi 10/07/2012

Sent on 04/07/2014

Jonathan · Married on 09/15/2012

DJ David Medina brought some Brooklyn to our upstate N.Y. wedding. We had guests from England to Poland, Colombia to Lithuania, Thailand to Albania -- the entire globe. The bride's West African family was dancing with the Amish. “My husband didn't even dance when WE got married!” My mom's amazed friends told me. And DJ Medina kept the party going all night. We ran out of dance-floor space before sunset so guests were dancing on the grass. By the end of the night, guests were begging for one more song. To this day, people still rave about our reception. Having a pro like David behind the mic at your party is like having a secret weapon. We had a blast, our guests had a blast, it was just indescribable. So glad we booked YOU and I hope you had half as much fun as we did.
    Diaka & Jon

Sent on 04/03/2014

Erika · Married on 05/12/2012

David Medina is a fantastic DJ and I would book him over and over again for my wedding.
    From my first encounter over email, David was gracious, professional and a pleasure to work with. Given his experience, you don't have to worry about a thing, he does everything right, from equipment to music, to creating an amazing environment.

David played all the songs we wanted and keep the party going. The music was such a hit and everyone was having such a great time that we extended the wedding longer!! If that's now a testament to an amazing DJ, I don't know what is.

I would recommend hiring David for your wedding without hesitation!

Sent on 04/15/2014

pamela · Married on 07/16/2011

I first discovered David Medina in 2004 through a salsa party in New York, for whom he was the regular weekly DJ. It soon became my favorite dance party because he could be counted on to always have the best and the latest music, and to know how to read his audience and keep the energy and momentum going on the dance floor. When I was planning my wedding I knew right away I wanted David Medina to be the DJ. He conducted a detailed interview before the wedding to make a comprehensive plan for what I needed. While I would I have liked salsa music all night long! I need more variety and flexibility to keep all my guests happy. He provided great lounge music for the cocktail hour and dinner that was appealing to both the elderly people in the crowd and my peers, and fit beautifully with the atmosphere of the outdoor oceanfront venue. He was a charming host during the speeches portion of the event, and then he kicked off a dance party that was unforgettable. I got my salsa music, but he also played some great 80s songs and modern music that non-salsa-dancing people could also enjoy. The dancing went on strong, all the way to the noise curfew for the hotel, and we certainly could have gone on longer thanks to Medina's expert musical guidance. David Medina is a professional in every sense of the word, utterly reliable, and he will create for you the wedding music experience you always envisioned - and then some. 5 Stars.

Sent on 04/15/2014

We hired David for our wedding in the Hudson Valley, NY and couldn't be happier with the service. From the second he started at cocktail hour to the very last song of the night, every single aspect of the music was perfect. People starting dancing from the second the salad came out and didn't stop until the end of the night. He listened perfectly to what we wanted to hear and tailored the music accordingly. Everything was seamless. He was also able to set up Brazilian drummers to come in at the end of the night which was a great touch and people are still talking about it to this day 4 years later. Everyone of our friends comments that it was the most fun wedding they have ever been to. I have been to many weddings and no DJ has even come close to David.

Sent on 04/21/2014
  • Chris

Chris · Married on 07/28/2018

David was a calming presence and by far the best vendor that we interacted with during the course of planning our wedding.

He made helpful suggestions about the flow of the wedding, most of which we incorporated into our night. David made sure he understood our eclectic musical tastes. He not only played what was on our list and filled in the gaps with songs that were well thought out and fun. Little things mattered a lot to David: He made sure he knew how to pronounce names, who the coordinator was, who the parents were.

We had an in-person meeting, filled out a questionnaire and then touched base about the whole evening to make sure loose ends were tied up.

David is extremely responsive, extremely professional. I'd recommend him to anyone.

Sent on 09/23/2018

DJ David Medina's reply:

Thanks so much for the wonderful review. It was a pleasure working with you and I'm pleased that you had such a positive experience working with me.

Maria · Married on 11/03/2017

David was incredible from beginning to end. Being a bi-cultural wedding we were concerned about how to please both sides with Spanish music and English music. David was perfect! From helping us figure out the flow of the wedding to his flexibility with our playlist. He created the perfect ambiance during our cocktail hour, dinner, dancing time, and “la hora loca”. He made everything flow seamlessly and we can attest that every single person at the wedding was dancing. Even those that usually don’t dance. It was perfect! He was also super easy to talk to and incredibly flexible. I would recommend him over one thousand percent to engine looking for a fun/fantastic reception. Thank you, David! We both loved you!

DJ David Medina 6