DJ David Medina Reviews

DJ David Medina 3
DJ David Medina 4
DJ David Medina 5

Josh · Married on 06/16/2018

DJ Medina kept our wedding party moving and our friends and family dancing all night long! Our guests said that the music was the highlight of their night. He was so professional and great to work with, making what was a stressful time for us way less stressful.

We had a wedding that wasn't your typical format, but DJ Medina was able to roll with it and provided some suggestions we never would have thought of. Without him, the party wouldn't have been the success that it was.

I'd recommend him to any of my friends and family getting married or having a big party. He's the best!

Sent on 06/22/2018

DJ David Medina's reply:

Thank you so much for the wonderful review! It was a pleasure to work with you on your wedding and I hope that we can party together again at one of your friends upcoming weddings.
    Cheers, David

Louis · Married on 06/09/2018

David was fantastic in delivering exactly what we were looking for. He is incredibly professional, very responsive, has a great sense of humor, and was able to deliver a very unique and customized music flavor for our wedding. My wife is Dominican and my family is Italian, yet David selected a music list that fit both sides perfectly, as well as personally created a half normal/half bachata version of our wedding song. Overall, we had an excellent experience with David. I would recommend him to anyone.

Sent on 07/12/2018

Evelyn · Married on 06/09/2018

Words cannot express how thankful we are to have had DJ David Medina for our wedding celebration. If you are trying to decide on the right fit for your wedding - there isn’t a need to look any further - he is absolutely wonderful and able to adapt to your needs!

David arrived early early and it was such a relief to know the ceremony had an extra person on hand to help the sound run smoothly - I am so appreciative of this! The music and vibe DJ David Medina created at the reception party was AMAZING - and over the past days we continuously have had many guests call, email and text us that it was the most fun wedding they have ever attended - they are asking for a repeat lol! Guests have told us that the mix of Latin, French, Top 40 and the classics kept them dancing all night long. You really did the most amazing job with the music and party, and highlighting our different cultures (Cuban/Puerto Rican/ French). Your emcee skills were also noted by many of our guests for having a great balance. We totally agree.

When my husband and I got engaged, I knew right away that I wanted Dj David Medina and his skill set for our wedding, and David one of the first vendors I booked to ensure our date would be available. Another couple who attended the wedding have already told us they will be reaching out to you to have you DJ their wedding!

David was such a pleasure to partner with, and he also sent us a few photos that he took of our wedding which was so sweet! He is the best - thank you David for helping to make our day so wonderful!

Evelyn & Thomas
    June 9, 2018

Sent on 08/19/2018

DJ David Medina's reply:

Thank you for this amazing review! It was such a pleasure working with you guys. Can't wait for your friends to book me so we can do it all again!

Steffen · Married on 05/27/2018

Professional and courteous. We recently used DJ Dave at our wedding and highly recommend him for any special event. DJ Dave contacted us a few times prior to our big day to make sure all of the details were in order. He curated a fantastic playlist and kept the dance floor packed all night. He was flexible and even took requests from us and other family members. Definitely a highlight of our wedding day.

Sent on 07/10/2018

DJ David Medina's reply:

Thanks so much for your positive review!

jennifer · Married on 05/26/2018

David was the DJ for our wedding during Memorial Day weekend. He was extremely helpful throughout the process providing insights on how best to set the mood of the overall wedding. This wedding was the coming together of two families from different backgrounds and musical tastes and David was amazing at blending the genres so that it was a seamless event. He was incredibly responsive during our discussions and read the crowd like a pro. We loved everything about out wedding and he is the best!

Sent on 06/03/2018

Jeewon · Married on 05/25/2018

David did an unbelievable job for our wedding! When I began searching for a DJ, I was looking for someone who wouldn't do a cheesy job. The last thing I wanted was a DJ making jokes about himself to get the guests going or advertising his DJ name to the crowd. David was exactly the opposite of the that, top notch service and very professional. About a month before the wedding, David was in touch with us weekly to make sure he knew how the entire day would go. The one thing we enjoyed a lot about David was designing our wedding timeline with him. He gave very good suggestions for how our wedding day should go, but was not persistent. We ended up taking several of his suggestions which proved to be worth it since the day went very smooth. The day of was everything we could have wished for! David did an amazing job making sure we were on time. Our reception was only 3 hours long, so I asked David to please keep everything on time because my family and I want to dance! Not only did he stay on time, but he gave us a good couple of solid hours to dance. The music was great from start to finish. I gave David a list of songs to play and he did an amazing job transitioning from one song to the next. All of my guests, especially my Mom, could not believe how great the music was. Thank you David for making it a night we won't forget!

Sent on 07/24/2018

DJ David Medina's reply:

Thank you for your kind review. It was a pleasure working with you guys.

Kelly · Married on 05/19/2018

Best. DJ. Ever

Hiring David as the DJ for our May wedding was one of the best decisions we could have made! From the very first phone call David was kind, knowledgable, and flexible. He has an extensive knowledge of music and WILL be able to provide any style you could imagine. Not only does he know a lot of music, he's not pushy on what he thinks you and your guests will like and will play whatever your heart desires! David easily and seamlessly flowed the music throughout the night with little to no disruptions. During all of our calls we could tell that he's super experienced and knows what he's doing and never once did he make us worry about what the musical vibe of our day would be like. Plus, he had no problem playing all 8 minutes of Stairway to Heaven for the father/daughter dance! Thanks to David we seriously had the best day ever, and our friends and family still can't stop talking about the amazing time they had as well. Hire. David. TODAY!

Sent on 06/19/2018

DJ David Medina's reply:

Thanks for your 5 star review. Such a fun wedding and so awesome that you danced to the entire Stairway to Heaven song with your dad. ;-)

Mayra · Married on 05/05/2018

DJ David Medina is the best DJ in NYC.

We emailed David to request a quote for DJ services for our Wedding in NYC. He responded the same day and scheduled a phone conversation with both the groom and bride. We advised David about the uniqueness of our wedding as we had younger and older crowd to please. David told us not to worry and immediately shared with us his plan.

We talked about the details of the ceremony and reception and some of the music that we wanted to incorporate.

As the wedding day was approaching, we had another phone conversation with David. We went over all details, dances, special songs, entrance songs, well all the details that most of us don't think about but are part of any wedding. He was extremely supportive and gave us his opinion about the timing of certain dances and toasts.

The wedding was flawless. My guests were very pleased by the music selection during our reception. He played from salsa and merengue to 70-80's music. My guests were dancing all night. We only sat down to eat. All my guests including the older crowd were dancing non-stop. I am dancer, so for me this really made my day the perfect day of my life.

I am so glad that we chose David for our wedding. I was so confident that he would do a great job because when you talk to him, you know he knows exactly what he is doing.

David took care of our music during the processional, cocktail hour and reception. My guests can't stop talking about how much fun they had in our wedding and how much they loved our last song. One of my best friends asked for Despacito (Daddy Yankee and Luis Fonsi), and when I asked David to play it (even though it wasn't the song we had chosen to be the last), David transitioned very well and the video of all my guests dancing to Despacito was priceless.

DJ David Medina 6
    Sent on 05/16/2018

Valentina · Married on 03/04/2018

From the first call, we had a great feeling about David. We trusted that he understood how to accommodate our diverse group of guests with traditional Jewish music, Colombian hits and all the pop classics along the way. And boy did he not disappoint!!! David created the vibe through each moment from cocktail hour to the ceremony to full on dancing at 1pm on a Sunday. He had everyone on the dance floor at many times throughout the event. People asked if we could give them the playlist! On top of great music (an excellent mix of the exact things we asked for, the absence of what we definitely didn't want to hear and the things we didn't know we wanted!), David flawlessly emceed the wedding so guests knew where to be and what was going on. We highly recommend David if you want to have a real party!

Sent on 03/19/2018

Victoria · Married on 01/20/2018

As both my husband and I are native New Yorkers, we knew that David would be the perfect fit for us the moment he told us he is also originally from New York. David was wonderful to work with and took the time to fully understand our vision for our reception. He kept our guests dancing all night long, played a variety of music from different eras and genres, and perfectly timed songs on our must-play list (i.e. Biggie later in the evening!). One moment I remember distinctly is hearing a song we had considered for our first dance, played during dinner, where my husband and I had the first chance to be alone and take in everything that was happening at our wedding. It's like he read our minds and played the perfect song for that perfect moment. We are truly grateful for David's grace, patience, flexibility, and above all else, his kindness.

Sent on 02/28/2018

DJ David Medina's reply:

Thank you for the review. I really appreciate it! Please remember to recommend me to your engaged friends. Cheers.

Clementina · Married on 11/11/2017

Loved that DJ Medina was there to provide the live of the party. Our guests were completely blown away by the music. It was the perfect blend of latino-american and we loved every minute of it!

Sent on 12/27/2017

Grace · Married on 10/29/2017

We had a wonderful experience working with David for our October 2017 wedding. My husband and I wanted everything from jazz to disco, pop to hip-hop while at the same bridging his East African background and my South Korean roots. David found a place for everything that night! He was also extremely organized, professional and responsive from our very first meeting to the night of. We highly, highly recommend.

Sent on 02/26/2018

DJ David Medina's reply:

Thank you for the review. I really appreciate it!
  • Leani

Leani · Married on 10/20/2017

If you're looking for a DJ that gets your style and can keep your guests on the dance floor all night, look no further. From a few minutes into the very first meeting, my husband and I felt like DJ Medina just got us. We're that odd Puerto Rican/West Indian mix with a love of oldies (think The Drifters, Sinatra, Bobby Darin) and '90s R&B. We weren't exactly sure how all of that would mesh, but from the ceremony music to the cocktail hour, first dances to all out dance sets and helping us plan the flow of the day, DJ Medina found our perfect mix. From the first meeting with him and interacting with him throughout the whole process, you'll immediately appreciate his passion for his craft that goes way beyond playing music. He explains his reasoning behind designing the style and order of the sections throughout the night. He listened carefully to what we had in mind, but wasn't afraid to respectfully push back when he had a different opinion. We loved the feeling that we weren't just hiring him, we were collaborating with him to find the best solutions.

It's been over a month since our wedding, and we still have people complementing our music and telling us how much fun they had dancing the night away! He was able to sense the mood of the room and adjust playlists accordingly. He was able to seamlessly incorporate spontaneous requests during the night (including some last-minute soca requests) and he offered valuable professional advice before and during the wedding (when we had a new walkout idea literally minutes before it was time to enter the reception.) He's responsive, patient (hello, bride brain), and incredibly calm and kind. And his music collection can't be beat. You won't regret hiring him!

Sent on 12/01/2017

Hey Leani & Adam,
    Thanks so much for your wonderful heartfelt review. It means a great deal to me that you had such a positive experience working with me.
    Wishing you the very best,
    David

caitlin · Married on 10/08/2017

We are pleased to write this review of David Medina, DJ extraordinaire. What a party!! What initially sold us on DJ David was that he had experience in throwing a party for a diverse crowd. He told us that he‘d thrown a Dominican Scottish wedding reception party where people were dancing Bachata in kilts. That alongside his glowing reviews were enough for us to consider him for our Irish Puerto Rican wedding. People were literally on the dance floor for the entire duration and everything was played appropriately not only during announcements but while serving meals and during other events throughout the wedding reception. He is incredibly knowledgeable about music. Whether it be Tito Rodriguez, Fonsi, Frank Sinatra, Smokey Robinson, The Grateful Dead, Van Morrison or the Lumineers. More importantly he is articulate when making announcements and is truly a class act. You can’t go wrong with him to throw the party of a lifetime especially when a band just won’t do. A truly memorable event!!

Sent on 12/08/2017

DJ David Medina's reply:

Thank you for the wonderful review!

Amanda · Married on 09/30/2017

I don't think I've ever been to a wedding where I've loved the DJ as much as I loved DJ David Medina and it REALLY helps that it was our wedding! My husband, Tony, and I were planning everything ourselves at The Dumbo Loft in Brooklyn and when we met David we knew immediately he was for us. He is the nicest person and his knowledge about music blew my mind! My husband and I listen to just about anything and it was such a blessing to have someone who knew so much about music to fulfill our needs the day of our wedding. On top of that, he helped us set a schedule for the the day! It was such a major help since we didn't have any clue where to start and everything turned out absolutely perfect! Do yourself a favor and reach out to him because you won't find a DJ who is as nice or as accommodating to you as he is (I mean, you may but the level of customer service from him was phenomenal...it's hard to find). He set us at ease and took care of us and that's how every married couple should feel!

Sent on 10/19/2017

DJ David Medina's reply:

Thanks so much for the awesome review! I really appreciate it.

Ben · Married on 09/09/2017

From the first moment we were introduced, David and Marlon were a dream to work with. Because of their experience and professionalism, they were able to offer us suggestions for the flow of the reception, when we had questions for them. They have a great form you fill out that might give you ideas for your own party. For instance, we never thought about having a song for the cake cutting, but ended up including one, because we thought it was a fun idea, and it was on the sheet they provided. They kept the party moving, and were able to seamlessly make the necessary announcements. We didn't avail ourselves of all the MC type services that they offer, but I have no doubt that if that's your style, they will deliver with aplomb. They will work with you to incorporate your taste in music, while also making sure your guests of every generation have a great night. I would recommend DJ David to anyone planning an event or a wedding. You can count on them for top notch professionalism, and a party that bounces.

Sent on 09/20/2017

DJ David Medina's reply:

Hey Ben, Thanks for the great review. Unfortunately, I was already booked on your wedding date but, I’m glad you & Chloe trusted me to help organize your wedding music and timeline. I booked DJ Marlon to DJ on the actual wedding date. It was a pleasure working with you and I’m pleased that you had such a wonderful experience working with us.

Thomas · Married on 09/02/2017

Our meeting with David was very pleasant and professional . He got to know us as a couple and our one hour meeting went fast. He sent a follow up email that same night. Hiring him was a no brainier. Music is a focal point in any reception and he made sure people had a great time.

Sent on 09/18/2017

Kaleigh · Married on 08/11/2017

Fadel and I had an absolutely wonderful experience working with David Medina. He was very organized, professional and friendly before and during the wedding.He was quick to respond to my initial email and very helpful in making the process hassle free and enjoyable. We had two very productive meetings with him which helped us figure out what kind of music worked best at our wedding. Fadel has very specific music taste and David was able to find a perfect balance of Jazz and dance music. The playlist fit Fadel and I perfectly and really added to the atmosphere. Our guests were thrilled with the DJ and are still talking about how great the music and dancing was weeks later! We had such a great time thanks to David and will treasure these memories!

Sent on 09/17/2017

DJ David Medina's reply:

Thanks so much for the amazing review and photographs. It was a real pleasure to meet and work with you both. I look forward to seeing you both again next time you're in NYC and you come to one of my public gigs ;-)
    I am positive that Fadel will love my world music parties.
    best,
    David

Kathleen · Married on 07/01/2017

My husband and I are currently living and working in Australia. We knew we wanted to get back to N.Y. for our wedding so we gambled on a lot of things planning from another country. One thing we didn't take a chance on was the music. My partner comes from a Puerto Rican background while I am from a large Irish family. Music is our lives. It was important for us to have a wide range of music that everyone could enjoy. We knew that when we Skyped with David the first time that not only was he exactly what we were looking for, we felt like we've known him for years. He had an amazing upbeat vibe and he blew us away with his experience. We were told that at every wedding, at least one thing must go wrong. And it did- the fire alarm accidently went off in our venue for a solid 15 mins. David instantly started playing "We didn't start the fire" and had people laughing hysterically! The few songs after that were related to fire and had people either dancing or laughing. People were talking about it for days after! We couldn't have asked for anyone better. We will recommend David over anyone and are so incredibly lucky that he chose us. He's a cool, down to earth, professional family man, and he knows weddings like that back of his hand. He is incredibly talented and we are forever grateful! Thank you a MILLION TIMES OVER David!!! - Kathleen and Andre

Sent on 07/09/2017

DJ David Medina's reply:

It was a pleasure working with you guys and I'm glad that I was able to make your special day so much fun. It was also great to see that you both were not fazed by the fire alarm. I tried to make light of it and glad that you appreciated that. ;-)

eric · Married on 06/25/2017

DJ David Medina was a wonderful DJ who's music really helped make our wedding fun. He was always responsive and willing to talk or meet with us to help in our planning and he also did some good research for our musical suggestions. He provided his own speakers & equipment and they were very loud and well balanced. His MC abilities were also great and unobtrusive. He's done a thousand weddings and we trusted him greatly because of his great experience.

Sent on 10/03/2017

Stefanie · Married on 06/24/2017

We had such a great experience working with David. From our first call with him we knew we were in good hands. David is extremely professional and experienced and was on board with our vision of playing music from the ’80’s and ’90’s. David was available and responsive during the whole planning process and helped us work out the timeline and flow for the day. On the day of the wedding, David was on time and ready to go. He helped transition guests from the ceremony to reception smoothly. The playlist he created was exactly what we were looking for and all of our guests had a great time dancing to it all night. We really loved working with David, and his chill personality was a perfect match for us. We would definitely recommend David to everyone.

Sent on 07/13/2017

Andrea · Married on 06/04/2017

I don't know where to start...David was kind, patient, knowledgeable and just amazingly AWESOME! My husband and I are pretty laid back and were looking for a DJ that wouldn't be overbearing for our Sunday afternoon wedding in June. My husband is a musician, originally from Detroit, and I am a music lover who is still stuck in the 80’s. David made sure that our Motown and 80’s hits were flowing throughout the afternoon. He had his finger on the pulse of the crowd throughout the event, which kept our guests (and myself!) dancing for hours. A month later, and our guests are still talking about how much fun they had. I can’t say enough good things about David…not only is he a true professional, and lover of music, but a wonderful person. Book him! You will not be disappointed.

Sent on 07/19/2017

DJ David Medina's reply:

Wow! Thank you Andrea for this beautiful review. Wishing you and Mike the very best.

jul · Married on 05/21/2017

DJ Medina was such a great help to us. He knows his weddings! David was our wedding sage, guiding us through the steps of our ceremony and reception.....And making sure we had the perfect music for each moment. He was receptive to our needs, like volume control for some of the older guests during dinner, and sought out songs that wouldn't be on traditional DJ play lists. DJ Medina takes his work personally and to the utmost professional level. We found David to be so friendly and personable- we felt like we were his only clients. He really made time to get to know us and talk about what we envisioned and wanted. He wove our requests into his playlist seamlessly, and energized our family and friends to unexpected levels of celebration. There were some amazing moments on the dance floor, and we thank him for making it all possible.

Sent on 06/11/2017

Ray · Married on 04/29/2017

I booked David as our DJ for our Brooklyn wedding in April 2017. Scouring all the wedding, entertainment, and various other DJ service review sites I found an incredible amount of 4 and 5 star reviews. I was slightly skeptical of the sheer quantity of spectacular DJs and after reaching out to a number of them, felt my skepticism was somewhat justified. However, after speaking with David on the phone, I was confident that my research was well worth it and we had found just the right DJ.

David was prompt to respond, upfront about costs, thorough, humorous, down to earth, confident, enthusiastic, and realistic to all the requests we presented. My wife and I had a pretty comprehensive playlist and were also not looking to have a 'DJ-on-the-mic / club atmosphere' for our reception. However, we did want someone that could turn the energy up and keep us dancing the whole night through. David couldn't have been better suited for us in that respect. He's quick on his feet and has a great sense of humor so I'd be willing to bet if we'd have preferred he entertain a little more on the mic, he'd have had no problem.

My wife and I planned our wedding ourselves and David was especially helpful at walking us through the timeline and making sure we were taking into account and providing adequate timing for everything. David checked in with us on the big day only as necessary, which allowed us to unwind and have fun with friends and family (and pose for countless photos). David was masterful at setting the mood and flawlessly transitioning our reception from Cocktail Hour + Dinner (Jazz - Soul - French love songs - Indie) to the speeches and then the after-dinner setlist (Current Top 40s - some classic Hip Hop and NJ Rock). We heartily recommend you speak with David and book him for your wedding as he truly is a spectacular DJ.

Sent on 07/17/2017

DJ David Medina's reply:

Thank you for the awesome review! Please remember to recommend me to anyone you know that is recently engaged. Cheers.

K · Married on 04/28/2017

David is beyond awesome!! We were impressed with him from our first phone call to the last dance. He offers incredible advice, asks smart questions and plans ahead. If you’re not sure what you want, he’ll have great suggestions - and if you have a specific idea, he’ll make it gold! He helped me plan two surprise dances that worked out perfectly. David is a total pro - and on top of that, he’s a super nice guy who’s fun to work with. On the wedding day he arrived on the dot and ran things beautifully. His announcement style was cool/subtle yet got attention and helped us stay on track (he worked seamlessly with the venue coordinator). And he gracefully got the mic back when the unplanned speeches began. Our request list was wide-ranging and included some esoteric songs, and David totally ran with it. He masterfully arranged our requests, and built on them like a dream while reading the crowd. People started dancing during cocktails and after dinner, everyone from 8 to 80 was on the dance floor. AMAZING. We all had a blast! Ten stars!

Sent on 06/19/2017