DJ Dario Reviews

59 | Washington, DC

59 Reviews for DJ Dario

James · Married on 05/03/2008

When we were looking for a DJ for our wedding, one of my friends highly recommended that we use DJ Dario. My friend has an extremely high expectations and only uses the best out there so I knew DJ Dario wouldn't disappoint. And he certainly didn't. From the first meeting to the end of the wedding, he was the most courteous and PROFESSIONAL person I've ever met. He offered to make us a "demo CD" just to give us a taste of the type and the style of songs he would be DJ-ing. Unlike most DJ's we've seen at other weddings where they just play any hit songs from their already prepared playlist, DJ Dario would feel and gauge the audience from the beginning and shaped the night and his song selection to what fits the best throughout the night. He didn't have any playlists and he had all the songs you can imagine on his repertoire. He also brought all his own equipment so there was minimal setup we needed to provide for him.

Our wedding was over 4 years ago and our friends STILL talk about how great our after party was and a HUGE part of that has to do with DJ Dario. Without a doubt, he's one of the best DJ's in the DC/MD/VA area. We loved him so much that when my sister-in-law got married, we insisted that they use DJ Dario and he totally rocked that night as well.

We recommend DJ Dario to everyone we know and I guarantee you that you will NOT be disappointed!

Sent on 10/18/2012

Marie · Married on 11/17/2007

Dario was great! His professionalism is top notch and he adds a touch of humor that keeps everyone smiling. He is a true entertainer. Dario has a huge selection of music for all tastes. With several nationalities at our wedding, he had a little something for everyone...and he was even gracious enough to throw in a cd of something he didn't have (I know how much dj's hate this). You can't go wrong with DJ Dario - he definitely adds that extra touch of class to any event!

Sent on 06/28/2013
  • User4295412 · event on 06/20/2014

Dario was very responsive and professional in his work. He payed attention to the crowd and played music according to the crowd and their requests. He was friendly with everyone and everyone had a great time.

Sent on 08/03/2014

We had a wonderful experience with Dario!

Sent on 09/17/2013

Dario was great for us - especially since we had an inter-racial wedding and he had to play multiple genres of music! In addition to the list of famous artists we asked him to download he went out of his way and researched his own music. Thanks so much!

Sent on 11/12/2012

shannon · Married on 09/04/2010

Amazing! Dario kept us moving all night, literally. Not easy to do, since our guest were conservative and both family sides had never met. He even stayed later than we booked to keep the party going. Even though he was highly recommended by a friend, I was nervous about booking him because he hadn't been reviewed by wedding wire yet. But, he was great, showed up early, dressed impeccably, cool lighting, fun but not over the top and refreshing prices. His advertising does not do him justice. We could not be happier! Our guests are still talking about him! Thank you so much Dario! You made the night.

Sent on 09/12/2010

Laurie · Married on 03/28/2015

DJ Dario turned out to be great! I found him by searching bilingual djs and went with the second one listed. He knew from the beginning we would need a mixture of music and did just that!
    As the wedding approached I got very nervous and suggested emailing him (as well as my other vendors) basically four times a week. He was understanding and accepted all of my changes and even gave helpful advice on my day-of wedding timeline.
    DJ Dario emailed me closer to the wedding asking if a couple could come and observe the beginning of the dancing portion of the reception. We allowed it and I didn't even notice they were there. Couple days after the wedding I thought about how that was such a great idea to personally see the DJ in action- especially basing it off a Google search.
    The day of flew by and was sad when he said it was the last dance. His music helped both of kit different cultured families come together and have the best night of our lives.
    At one point I told my now husband I felt as though he was playing too much Spanish music. My husband approached him and Dario quickly changed it back around. (Although I understand why he was sticking with the Spanish music- EVERYONE was dancing).
    I was pleasantly surprised by how great DJ Dario was and he even passed around the microphone during the reception (just a little karaoke) for everyone to enjoy! Great price for such a fabulous DJ!

Sent on 05/24/2015

Erin · Married on 09/20/2014

3.5

We chose DJ Dario because he had great reviews and was flexible since we only needed him for part of our wedding day-- it was awesome that he gave us an hourly rate. And even though he was only playing for a few hours, he came really early to make sure the logistics and set up were perfect for such a big day. He set up something special for the father-daughter dance and when our band left about 15 minutes before they were supposed to, he covered for them seamlessly. I'm pretty sure he played all our must play songs but I missed some of them because we were taking portraits with the photographer. Not his fault but it would be the only constructive criticism I would provide... just make sure the bride and groom are somewhere nearby when you play the "must play" songs. We heard them playing while we were taking portraits. To be fair, I never asked him to re-play them but it's something I remember. I would recommend him again-- he even sent me some pictures and videos he took and while I have been waiting for the photographer to send the professional ones-- which was so nice! I also had a guest mention they thought he was great/professional. Thanks DJ Dario!!

Sent on 10/10/2014

3.5

DJ Dario was very professional and set the right mood for our wedding vow renewal. Would work with him again!

Sent on 05/26/2014