DJ Dan Maui Reviews

55 | Kihei, HI

55 Reviews for DJ Dan Maui

55 DJ Dan Maui Reviews

Katy · Married on 07/20/2018

We got married on Maui in July, 2018. Dan was recommended to us by our wedding planner and we were so grateful for this recommendation! He played all of the songs we requested right on time with different key moments throughout the night. He did a fantastic job with introductions to speeches and reading the crowd to find appropriate music for dinner and dancing. It was obvious he has a lot of experience and was able to cater perfectly to our wishes. Thank you so much for making our wedding night unforgettable Dan!

• Cailin

Cailin · Married on 05/01/2018

We hired DJ Dan for because he was recommended by wedding organizer as being THE BEST DJ and best value for your dollar and I couldn't agree with her more after having had him! We only needed him to be in charge of music as we had an MC already and a smaller budget to work with and he was exactly what we wanted! I would have to say he was the easiest person I have every worked with or hired in my whole life - I think we had three emails back and fourth in total and on the day of the wedding there he was with the exact play list and all the songs timed right and the correct versions and all the little minor details I had asked for he incorporated without even a question about them! Totally read our minds and read the crowd and had us dancing all night long it was amazing! He is also such a nice friendly guy he always had something nice to say to me or the guests and a smile on his face - he really enjoys his work and it was so nice to have that! Music can make or break a wedding and with DJ Dan you know its gonna be an epic time!!

DJ Dan Maui 1
    DJ Dan Maui 6
    DJ Dan Maui 7
    DJ Dan Maui 8

Julie · Married on 11/20/2017

I can't say enough wonderful things about DJ Dan. If you're looking for a DJ on the islands, he is your guy. Not only is he passionate about what he does, he is an amazing resource - always willing to answer any questions (mine ranged from questions in other entertainment to transportation and logistics) in a friendly and helpful manner. Couldn't be more pleased with our experience - he made our wedding the party we intended it to be!

Samantha · Married on 09/22/2017

Our wedding started off scary. My husband ended up in the ICU at Maui memorial hospital the night before our wedding and we weren't sure if we were even going to get married on our wedding day. Our coordinator was kind enough to contact all of our vendors including Dan to let him know our situation and possibly adjust our schedule if we were going to go through with it on our planned day. Thankfully, he was released from the hospital in the afternoon on our wedding day and we were still able to get married that evening. Dan was there, ready and waiting for us when we got there. We made a few changes to our schedule since we were short on time and he was more than happy to accommodate. We had decided not to do any of our dances (first dance, mother/son, father/daughter) since my hubby was on some strict doctors orders and Dan adjusted so smoothly for us. We even decided later to still do the anniversary dance and when we did, Dan chose what was supposed to be our First dance song, to be the anniversary dance song and had us stay out on the dance floor (not typically the tradition of the song) with the remaining couples and have our first dance. It still brings tears to my eyes that we were able to share that special moment as husband and wife with all of the other married couples at our wedding to the song we had chosen to dance to. I will never forget how gracious everyone who contributed to our wedding was including DJ Maui Dan. He knows how to throw a party, he reads the crowd and he definitely knows how to make the bride and groom feel so incredibly special. If we could do it all over again (without the trip to the hospital), we would without a doubt choose Dan again. Thank you SO much for everything you did for us!

DJ Dan Maui 9
    DJ Dan Maui 10
    DJ Dan Maui 11
    DJ Dan Maui 12

Chase · Married on 07/30/2017

Dan was everything we wanted and more importantly needed. He knew exactly what to do when it was needed. A wedding day can be flustered with so many moving parts. But Dan made sure everything ran smoothly. He was responsive whenever we emailed him and had the best suggestions when needed. We would highly recommend him for any event. Thanks again Dan for making our night so memorable.

Hayley · Married on 04/07/2017

Dan was extremely friendly and accommodating to me and my husband and all the guests at my wedding. We were a rowdy Australian group and he had everyone dancing all night. He was wonderful!

• Tasha

Tasha · Married on 03/04/2017

Loved DJ Dan!
    He not only played all the best music we wanted but he also helped to MC the whole wedding, explained to us how to cut the cake, what to do! He was more of a friend at the wedding playing music than a standard "DJ"
    Our flower girl (who is 4) really wanted to hear music from Moana and DJ Dan played all her favorites (after Okaying with us)
    Everyone had an amazing time! Thanks DJ Dan, we loved having you there! Highly recommended!

Joy · Married on 10/09/2016

Search no further...the best DJ on Maui is DJ DAN!! What a skilled professional and all around wonderful guy! We had no coordinator for our Maui wedding of 50+ guests at The Hui No'eau, but no problem! DJ Dan ran our timeline with ease and the precision of a seasoned professional. Awesome, awesome job!

Michelle · Married on 06/28/2016

Dan helped our wedding reception run beautifully and seamlessly! We had a lot of mini events with cultural ceremonies, speeches, first dance, etc. and he was great with suggestions beforehand on how to make everything run smoothly, keeping with the mood and energy of the party. He went above and beyond what i expected of a wedding DJ - acting as emcee for the evening, interacting with the guests, playing some of our special songs at just the right moments! He was a pleasure to work with and we really enjoyed having him as a part of our wedding.

Loree · Married on 06/25/2016

DJ Dan is great, funny, and very responsive to our requests. I performed a hula for my husband at our reception and DJ Dan helped me to keep it a surprise and go smoothly! Everybody loved his personality and the flow of his music, which he had no problem taking requests on the spot. Would recommend him anytime!

Sharon · Married on 04/08/2016

DJ Dan was amazing at our wedding on 4/8/16 at Sugar Beach Events! Both of our families kept talking about how nice he was and how much they enjoyed chatting with him. He was so friendly and did such an amazing job on the playlist all night. There was not a song that I didn't like or enjoy dancing to! Both my husband and I are very happy that we choose him. Couldn't have asked for a better DJ!

DJ Dan was our wedding DJ, and emcee. He played music for part of our cocktails, then throughout dinner and the reception. He is fantastic to work with, very accommodating, helpful, responsive to inquiries, and friendly. We sent our music list a couple of weeks before the wedding, and he did his best to play as many of our songs as possible (the list was very long), and played all of our specified songs (entrance, cake cutting, garter/bouquet, first dance, last dance) with no problems. We also asked Dan to be the emcee and he did a great job! He was very professional but was still funny and helped everyone enjoy the evening, made all of our requested announcements about special things, moderated our shoe game and garter/bouquet tosses, and kept us on schedule. He accepted requests from our guests, and was very easy going with time changes and additions/removals of services prior to the wedding as we finalized things. One thing we really enjoyed and appreciated was during our cocktails, Dan came over to my Husband and I and introduced himself and had a really genuine chat with us about himself and marriage and wished us well. We highly recommend Dan for a seamless evening of fun/appropriate music. You will not be disappointed if you book Dan to DJ your event, and will leave the event with a new friend made in Dan. Thank you so much for keeping the dance floor hopping, and making our wedding reception so fun!

Kirsten · Married on 10/25/2015

Dan was great to work with. The music he played was exactly what we wanted. Our guests were very pleased as well. He even went above and beyond by taking some photos and emailing them to us. I would highly recommend DJ Dan to anyone planning a Maui wedding.

Krista · Married on 10/13/2015

Amazing!!!!!

Dan was the DJ for our wedding and from the first contact he made with us we felt at ease. He reassured us that he was there to make our day stress free and fun and he did just that. He played a wide array of music and fulfilled all of our guest's requests. If you are having an event on Maui I would highly recommend DJ Dan!!!

Linda · Married on 10/10/2015

DJ Dan made our destination wedding at the Sugarman Estate outdoor event so memorable. He brought the Bay Area to Maui that night. Everyone was having such a blast dancing till the night ended. He is so friendly, kind and professional. Thank you for being a part of our magical day.

Sean · Married on 10/05/2015

DJ Dan was an amazing addition to our wedding ! He made our special day perfect. Not only did he respond to all our questions and emails promptly he also showed up very EARLY on the big day. We have a 6 year old son who had reached his limit as dinner was finishing. Just as we thought things might be going downhill with a cranky child DJ Dan stepped in and saved the day. He took our 6 year old under his wing and turned him into his sidekick and a DJ mixing machine allowing us and our guests to dance the night away. Our little guy loved it and he couldn't wipe the grin off his face for the rest of the night! He is still talking about it. Thank you so much Dan. You truly are a grade above the the rest.
    Sean and Amy.

Lisa · Married on 09/28/2015

WOW! How can I start this review? DJ Dan is the perfect addition to ANY event, not just a wedding... My new husband and I picked Dan after reading TONS of reviews. We really wanted a live band, but after having Dan I couldn't imagine it any other way. Dan asked us why type of music we like to get an idea of our style and was able to match US exactly. We were also able to provide him with a "do not play" list and told him "no requests". Our cousin, who is slightly mentally disabled kept requesting songs from Dan and he was able to read our group enough to know that this song would be "okay" to play. It meant the world to our cousin that Dan played the song and just seeing him light up while dancing made our wedding night! Dan was a great MC throughout the whole evening... Speeches and everything! His set up was classy and he style just perfect. We would recommend him for any EVENT! Check him on Instagram "mauidano" - great person! Mahalo Dan, wish you lived closer so we can have you for all our events! =) - The Dodges -

Janine · Married on 08/26/2015

DJ Dan…..this guy is the man!!! First off, he is so incredible responsive and would reply to my e-mails always within the same day if not within a couple of hours……amazing!! He is the nicest man and I was so happy to have found him to be the DJ and MC for our wedding. We asked him to do a very unique into for our bridal party and he totally nailed it. I can’t say enough good things about Dan. He had suggestions and solutions to everything that we asked of him. I would love to plan another party on Maui just so I could hire Dan again. He was the perfect addition to our wedding reception. Thank you Dan!

DJ Dan was the best! So fun and nice! We wanted a special remix for our first dance and he delivered! Thank you for everything DJ Dan!!!!

Nina · Married on 07/04/2015

Our wedding was at 5:45pm and by the time we were finished with taking pictures and everything, it was 7pm when we made it to our reception. Since our venue only allows events to go until 10pm, we had so much to do in such a short amount of time. Dan did a tremendous job making everything flow so seamlessly. He was the perfect MC and DJ at our wedding. He fit everything that I wanted to do in the time frame that we had and still made it feel like a fabulous party and was able to get everyone on the dance floor. If you are looking for punctuality, responsiveness, and a good time, I highly recommend Dan for every event.

Danielle · Married on 04/08/2015

Mahalo to DJ Dan for being such a wonderful part of my special day! His great energy and fun-loving personality made the night truly enjoyable on the dance floor! He played all the songs we wanted and even took special requests from my guests that made the night all the more memorable! I will never forget the words of advice he gave me right before my wedding began, to make sure to take time to step back and savor every moment of it because it goes by so fast. He was so right, and I truly did make it a point to enjoy each and every moment! I would highly recommend DJ Dan to be a part of your wedding day!

Emily · Married on 08/21/2014

Dan was such a great DJ. He provided us music for our ceremony as well as the reception. Dan was very prompt to respond to emails and any questions I had along the way. The music for the ceremony was perfect. We gave him the music choices, but he made it flow perfectly. For the reception we gave him a list of songs that were must plays and he played those along with playing great music to keep us all dancing. Dan did a great job being MC throughout the night too. Great choice going with DJ Dan.

Susan · Married on 08/07/2014

We feel very fortunate to have had DJ Dan at our destination wedding at Sugar Beach Events in Maui. If you like very positive, happy, upbeat, responsive, flexible, accomodating, motivated people, you'll love DJ Dan. My husband and I work very, very full time jobs in Seattle and have 3 kids and 2 dogs - extra time is not a common luxury for us and DJ Dan was supportive, encouraging and patient with me both before and during the wedding. I spent months collecting song titles through Shazam, Spotify and requests from the kids because music means so much to me and I wanted it to be "perfect" . DJ Dan said he could accomodate any music requests and would do whatever I needed. My coordinator encouraged me to relax: "you don't need to give DJ Dan a specific playlist, he knows how to read the crowd and he knows music. Just tell him what you don't want and a few songs that you do want and trust him." So I let go (very hard for me) and I didn't even give him my ceremony music choices until the morning of our wedding!! He was so supportive and encouraging, I felt like I had made the best choices on the planet. :) I think I received compliments about DJ Dan and the music from just about everyone who attended our wedding. I can't say enough good things about him and highly, highly recommend him. Our ceremony music: Marry You by Bruno Mars while the wedding party danced up the aisle, Thunderstruck by AC/DC right before I walked down the aisle because 2 hurricanes were supposed to hit Maui on the day of our wedding , I walked down the aisle to I Choose You by Sara Bareilles. Our recessional was Best Day of My Life by American Authors, first dance was I Wanna Grow Old With You by Adam Sandler in the Wedding Singer followed quickly by a group dance to Macklemore's Can't Hold Us. He guided us during the cake cutting and took song requests like a champ. He was a critical part of our special day and is a wonderful person. Mahalo, DJ Dan!!

Leilani · Married on 08/05/2014

DJ Dan was absolutely AMAZING! We're from the mainland, CA, so I did all of my planning over the phone and internet. Dan was actually recommended by the Royal Lahaina Resort, where our reception was held. I wasn't sure what to expect, but I emailed Dan a few times prior to our big day and he was very responsive and helpful. He was our MC for the night as well and was very professional and entertaining. His energy and enthusiasm was felt by everyone. We have a family of performers, so Dan was able to provide us microphones to use and easily handled all of the music that we needed. I'm very particular about sound systems and the system provided was perfect. Everyone enjoyed the music! I couldn't be more happier!! Mahalo DJ Dan for contributing to make our special day absolutely perfect!! I HIGHLY RECOMMEND DJ DAN!!