DJ Chuck Wills Reviews

26 | Virginia Beach, VA

26 Reviews for DJ Chuck Wills

Chuck is a great DJ as well as a great person. Because I am in graduate school, I wasn't the most responsible bride. He took what he had to work with and made my reception very special. He even offered to light all the candles in our centerpieces when he arrived the morning of the wedding. I highly recommend his services!

Joy · Married on 08/02/2014

Chuck was the professional in every way at my son and daughter-in-law's wedding. We appreciate the excellent service provided, and the classy manner in which he presented himself. I will be referring him to anyone looking for DJ services.

Kristen · Married on 06/14/2014

Chuck Wills was the best wedding decision we made. It was obvious from the beginning that our wedding personally mattered to him. He made everything stress free with his responsiveness and flexibility. I changed the time on him twice and he just rolled with it. He truly listened to what we want and had some great ideas and suggestions as well. He kept the party going all night and was great at reading a crowd. He also did a fantastic job as an MC. The number one comment after the wedding was how great our dj was and we couldn't agree more! He has a passion for what he does and it is apparent in how well he does his job.

Excellent, prompt, and fun. Will use again when needed.

Laurie · Married on 11/09/2013

My son and daughter-in-law had their wedding reception at Shifting Sands. They were concerned about having a DJ who would fit into our family setting and remain sensitive to everyone's needs, from babies to grandpas. I called DJS listed online in the Hampton Roads area and selected Chuck Wills. We met to discuss his services and it didn't take long for me to realize that Chuck was the DJ for us. I hired him and he did not disappoint. :) Now I heartily recommend him to anyone who's looking for a DJ to facilitate any type of event. From what I've experienced of Chuck's services, I know him to be experienced, flexible and a genuinely nice person. So go ahead...hire Chuck the next time you need a DJ!

Chuck was very affordable, and willing to talk on the phone/email as many times as I needed to make sure our day went great!!

Elena · Married on 09/14/2013

Fantastic Job !!!! Great mix of songs for all ages. Chuck was one of the most professional DJ I've seen in awhile. Would recommend him for any function. Thank you so much for making my sister's wedding a memory to last forever. . To top off was letting my 5yr granddaughter sing with the mike to her favorite song. Again Thank You !!!!

Susan · Married on 08/17/2013

We were so pleased with DJ Chuck's professional DJ service!! He listened to our needs prior to the wedding during the consultations and he provides outstanding and very satisfactory DJ services at our wedding. Chuck was very easy and flexible to work with and he has a massive collection of music that satisfies everybody's taste! We were lucky to have him as part of our wedding !!!

Rita and Thomas · Married on 06/22/2013

DJ Chuck was amazing. Kept all the guest entertained! Never had to worry about anything with the timeline! Made you feel like he's known you forever! Would highly recommend him for any wedding! Thank you Chuck!!!!

Valerie · Married on 05/25/2013

Since it takes a family to plan a wediing, my sister, mother and I interviewed Chuck to be the DJ. It must have been intimidating. Music is my sisters passion and she wanted the perfect DJ for my daughters wedding and I relied on her judgement in selecting the DJ. Provided below are her comments:
    Chuck Wills is the "go-to" guy for your wedding. Not only did he play all of the music asked of him for the outdoor ceremony and indoor reception for my niece's wedding, he was the one who kept everything to the time schedule provided. He kept the party moving right along and never missed a beat. My sister, my mother and I did a great deal of the leg work in preparing for the wedding in an effort to keep the cost within reason. In doing so, we visited many venues and searched for vendors to compare prices. Chuck was BY-FAR the most reasonable for what we needed. What I mean by this is that my quartet sang at the event and we provided our own microphones; however, we needed to plug into some form of power. Other vendors told me that they could only accommodate the wireless mic for the officiant and that if we needed to plug in our microphones, we would have to rent and supply our own power. REALLY! You would think that a company who does entertaining would have all the equipment necessary in this particular business. So, when I say he had what we were looking for, I mean in addition to all of the great music and basically acting as the host of ceremonies (AT NO EXTRA CHARGE), he also provided ALL of the equipment necessary for the entire day. He played great easy-listening music during cocktails and dinner and had a great selection of different dance music. It was evident during our meeting that it was important to him that everything would run smoothly, and it did. We were absolutely thrilled with Chuck and I must say he is A++ in my book. GREAT HOST, GREAT MUSIC AND AN ALL-AROUND GREAT GUY. You rock, Chuck!!!! Thanks for a fun-filled day, Denise

DJChuck kept the music going and people dancing....he read the crowd really well and played things that everyone liked!

Charles · Married on 11/17/2012

Chuck was a great DJ and did an excellent job, and was very flexible to adjust for time. I would recommend him for anyone's wedding, party or anything else you would need a DJ for!!

Alex · Married on 10/13/2012

Chuck was phenomenal!! He was extremely accommodating!! All our guests had such a great time dancing and singing!! He played a great variety!! He did a great job of incorporating all the special moments into our reception including a special moment when my husband spontaneously gave my daughter a ring!!

paul · Married on 09/01/2012

AMAZING, played great music all night long. Excellent music during dinner, then he played music that got people out on the dance floor and kept them out there all night long. I would hire Chuck again in a heart beat. He was quick to respond to emails, and overall just a truly exceptional experience working with him.

Mona · Married on 08/18/2012

DJ Chuck Wills helped us to bring our multicultural wedding to fruition. He was able to incorporate all our ethnic music and intertwine it with today's greatest hits. People danced until the end of the night! We were so blessed to find him.Everything flowed seemlessly and he was incredibly enthusiastic in working with us. So easy to work with and such a pleasure to work with! He worked so well with all of our vendors and was very responsive to all emails and phone calls. We had a dreadful time in the beginning of our search for a DJ, but it was truly kismet when we found Chuck! Thanks for everything! :) Forever grateful.

laura · Married on 07/06/2012

guests said it was the best, he played a wide variety of music and everyone as on the dancefloor,

Jackie · Married on 01/07/2012

He was very professional and we didn't need to give him any direction, he carried the reception beautifully.

Brandi · Married on 11/13/2011

Chuck was an awesome DJ at our wedding. Everything was absolutely perfect; the sound, the music choices, very organized ect.. He's also a good dancer! ;) He made it very easy by letting me fill out a sheet of exactly what I wanted and what songs and when I wanted them played and it worked out great. I would recommend him to anyone for an event they are planning.

-Brandi R.

Melissa · Married on 11/05/2011

A great DJ with a great genre of music. Had a great time with him. Very personable, friendly person from the ceremony to the reception. Would recommend him for anyone with music needs. Thanks so much.

Janelle · Married on 04/30/2011

DJ Chuck did a phenomenal job at our wedding! The entire event was romantic/ elegant (during ceremony) and fun (during reception)… Chuck was very professional and was always on time when responding to our questions. He was ABSOLUTELY easy to work with!... With all the decisions an engaged couple had to make, we didn’t have any worries with our music needs. Chuck provided excellent recommendations. Loved Jonathan Cain’s Bridal March song for our outdoor ceremony! Would definitely recommend him!... Many thanks, Chuck. Keep up the good work! You’re awesome!

~Edgar & Janelle

• I

Ann · Married on 06/20/2010

Excellent music and a great MC!

Megan · Married on 10/12/2013

I came across Chuck through weddingwire.com while browsing for a glimpse of hope to find a DJ 2 months before our wedding. I must say my husband & I were blown away at how awesome he was!! He was responsive to all emails & phone calls in a timely manner. He arrived to our wedding on time & was VERY organized! He kept the timeline throughout the entire night and everyone literally danced all night long. The music selection was great and he mixed everything effortlessly! BIG thank you to Chuck for all of your help & professionalism!!

I am so glad I picked DJ Chuck for our wedding DJ. He did a great job. My husband and I were having trouble picking our ceremony music and Chuck was very helpful. Except for the "special dances", for the reception I did not give him any direction other than play music that people will enjoy and dance too. He played a good variety of oldies and new songs that kept the dance floor going. I was recommend DJ Chuck to anybody.

Caitlin · Married on 10/18/2014

4.2
      3.5

When searching for DJ's for our wedding, we decided on Chuck after comparing prices and services from other DJ companies. After meeting with Chuck, we decided he was the right guy for the job! He was always very responsive to emails and phone calls and was quick with suggestions for various songs for different parts of the wedding. With little direction from us on which specific songs to play during the cocktail hour, he pulled together a great playlist that all of our guests enjoyed. Our reception started a little slow and I was afraid no one would start dancing, but sure enough after a few hours of the bar being open and some enticing songs, everyone was out on the dance floor. My only complaint was that I had 1 song on our "Do not play list" and it got played twice during the reception. Other than that, everyone had a great time and a variety of music was played that appealed to our guests of all ages.