DJ Chris Faulk Reviews

103 Reviews for DJ Chris Faulk

Shawna · Married on 10/05/2018

4.2

Riverwood Mansion wedding

We recently had our wedding at Riverwood Mansion and they have set vendors you need to use for your event. DJ Chris was our DJ and she is a lovely person to work with. Very responsive, helpful, and professional. Our guests had a genuinely spectacular time and she was great at reading the crowd in terms of music for who was dancing. My favorite thing about what Chris offers is the option to make a custom playlist for your event. My husband and I and very much wanted the music played at our wedding to reflect us as well as our friends and family. As we aren’t typically DJ people and had a generally challenging time fitting into the traditional wedding mold as it was, we felt like if we could add personal touches, especially in the music, we could make this thing really cool. Chris helpfully walked us through the process to get the playlist together through her own music library and we also purchased several songs that she didn’t have so they would be included in the playlist. We ended up submitting so much music it could have played for 3 receptions haha! We recognized this and asked her to just play the list in any order she wanted to cover the night aside from a very specific block of Latin music (husband’s fam is from Cuba). Overall our experience with Chris was good, but I didn’t feel like I heard much of our playlist and would have liked to hear more of those songs or just had our playlist played all night even just on random and less of what guests were requesting to hear and the typical wedding dance songs like the electric slide. Music is such a personal choice, so with that and our particularness in mind, I would recommend her for sure! She truly did a great job doing a party. If you’re having a more so called traditional wedding reception, she’s awesome and everyone will have a great time like they did at our wedding!

Sent on 10/23/2018

DJ Chris Faulk's reply:

Thank you so much for taking time to write a review Shawna.

I appreciate your many kind words, but am saddened that you believe you didn't hear much of your playlist. I'm sending a log of the songs I played as well as a time stamp log...

From 6:15 to 9:58, I played 38 of the songs on your list - that includes a Latin block of music from "Conga" at 8:15
    to "La Bilirrubina" at 8:40. During cocktail hour I added in 3 Frank Sinatra songs that you approved, and during the
    reception I added 7 requests from your guests (Electric Slide, Cupid Shuffle, Sweet Caroline, New York New York, More Today Than Yesterday,
    Havana & Danza Kuduro).

That's 48 songs at approx 3:30/4min each = 3+ hrs of music. The remainder of that time was filled by toasts, cake cutting, first dance &
    father daughter/mother son dance and a few other songs I felt worked for the demographic on the dance floor at the time. Over 80% of the music I played was from your request list.

It's so very important to me that you and your guests have a wonderful evening enjoying the music you want to hear...I hope reviewing the logs will let you know that I did my best to honor your requests while keeping everyone happy and dancing.

Angela · Married on 05/26/2018

0.0

Had a great time with DJ Chris Faulk for our wedding. Was very responsive to our pre-event survey and played specific song requests, announced the wedding party flawlessly.

Sent on 06/20/2018

Crystal · Married on 04/19/2009

2.8
      2.0
      2.5
      2.5

This was not what I would call a "DJ". She had a laptop hooked up to a couple speakers and played music off of a playlist. She never got on the microphone and riled up the audience like you expect with most DJs. She sat in a chair behind her laptop the whole time. I expect the DJ to be fun. They are responsible for setting the tone of the party and she did not. I had to take the mic a few times and get everyone into things since she didnt. There were not games or ways to get the audience involved like with other receptions Ive been to. She came with the package deal I got from Riverwood Mansion, but I would recommend going with someone else.

Sent on 05/12/2009

DJ Chris Faulk's reply:

Visit my website (www.djchrisfaulk.com) and you'll find a long list of brides & grooms that were elated with the job I did at their reception. I use JBL pro speakers, Crown amplifier, Mackie mixer and carry over 10000 songs on a Mac laptop with backup external drives. The playlist is tailored to the requests I receive prior to and during the event - and my records from this reception show that I included all of the bride's must-play songs which were of the "rock" genre. I always encourage guests to dance but never want to be over the top in that pursuit - and I'm certain I did not "sit in a chair behind the laptop the whole time"...my goal is to help everyone have a great evening - on and off the dance floor, while keeping the focus on the bride and groom. I recall several guests commenting on how they enjoyed the song selection & volume level which allowed out-of-town family and friends to visit and mingle. Thank you for allowing me to respond.