DJ Butters Entertainment Reviews

17 | New Haven, CT

17 Reviews for DJ Butters Entertainment

Debbie Backus · Married on 09/26/2020

Everybody loves him

My guests kept saying how good the music was from our ceremony to dancing. Joe was great and understanding. We booked him a year and half before our wedding, and before COVID. We hired them to do the photo booth too. But with COVID my guests didn’t feel comfortable doing it. Without hesitation he said we could cancel it, and use our deposit we had paid for the dj service. Would hire him again in a heartbeat. He also makes the best marinara sauce!

Sent on 11/05/2020
  • Jen

Jen · Married on 08/21/2020

DJ Butters was Amazing!

Can't praise him enough for making sure our wedding had the best music. He made sure everyone kept partying. The photobooth was also so fun. We all had a blast!! Thank you again!

Sent on 08/23/2020

Sent on 08/18/2020
  • Jackie

Jackie Babe · Married on 09/14/2019

Great Personality, Helpful with Planning

DJ Jon Tessman did a fantastic job with our wedding! Before the wedding, he was very helpful in planning out the stages of the day/night and making sure we had every event and song in the right place. He showed up very well-dressed, and arrived early which was a great stress-reliever.

Jon handled all of the audio for our beach ceremony at Lighthouse Point Park. Before the ceremony he had light instrumental music playing for the guests via hidden speakers. During the ceremony he played our chosen processional/recessional music right on time, and made sure there was a mic at the front for the officiant.

During the reception, he made sure the music was appropriate for each moment and mood. He read the room well and kept so many people on the dance floor the entire night. We had a carousel at our venue, and whenever we would ride it he would have another horse-themed song up his sleeve - hilarious!

He was so friendly we would have wanted him at our wedding even if he wasn’t providing the tunes. Jon had the kind of personality you want in a DJ: fun, energetic, and approachable. We cannot recommend him more highly.

Sent on 12/28/2019

Danissa · Married on 06/10/2019

Amazing DJ

DJ Butters made sure everything went smoothly the day of our wedding. We had a phone call days before the wedding to make sure he had the right songs for the ceremony, first dance, etc. During the reception he played songs that kept all of my friends on the dance floor!
    I highly recommend him.

Sent on 10/09/2019
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 05/18/2019

Epic and energetic

Everyone loved the music and vibe. He kept the party going. Got rave reviews about how amazing it was and how much fun everyone had. The photo booth was a massive success too!

Sent on 05/23/2019
  • Jaclyn

Jaclyn · Married on 10/27/2018

great dj and great music

DJ Butters was extremely accommodating and sociable. He kept communication open and everything moving smoothly. There was never a time that I had to worry about what the DJ was doing during the ceremony. Before the wedding he was very approachable, and did everything that we asked. Recommended? Of course!

Sent on 10/29/2018
  • Jaymie

Jaymie · Married on 09/28/2018

Stop looking, because you've found your DJ.

I would recommend DJ Butters Entertainment to EVERYONE! Joe was our DJ and MC. He was very professional and thorough. He makes sure to have all the right versions of your songs before the wedding and goes over all the details. He was able to keep up with all the different things we did for our wedding without hesitation. We had an anniversary dance, and shoe game, no garter/bouquet toss and changed up the parent dances. He didn't miss a beat! He was even great with our venue who was... less cooperative (to put it nicely). He also provided laser lights for the dance floor. Our wedding would not have been as amazing as it was if we had anyone else! He and our other kickass vendors made the night! His company does SO MUCH MORE so definitely check it out!
    *The photo I provided was one taken by Joe, he always makes a post about the weddings he's DJing and its the sweetest thing!

Sent on 10/24/2018

Emily · Married on 09/28/2018

The best EVER!

DJ Butters did an incredible job making our wedding so fun and personal! We changed things up quite a bit, and Joe was so easy and accommodating to all our requests. Thank you DJ Butters for being a part of making our wedding day so incredibly special!! Highly highly recommend!

Sent on 11/12/2018

Melissa · Married on 06/09/2018

Jon was an absolute pleasure to work with for my wedding. He arrived early and was agreeable with all of our requests. Everything was set up for our outdoor wedding exactly as we imagined. He managed our timing and music perfectly, even read the room enough to note the smaller kids and played Disney’s “Let It Go” which was a huge hit. I would highly recommend him!

Sent on 06/15/2018

Stephanie · Married on 05/26/2018

If you want the best DJ for a great price you need DJButters! Joe was AMAZING! He played the music for our ceremony and reception in May. He met up with me and my fiance in person to go over everything that we wanted, and he gave us a list of things he wanted that I didn't even think of. For example "What song do you want me to play for the cake cutting?" He is extremely personable and flexible. He called me up a couple more times before the wedding to confirm that he had all the special songs that I asked for and that I gave him all the information he needed. My list had a variety of different types of songs I wanted him to play and he got them all for my special day. He even very cleverly put my songs in a perfect order for a playlist that got my guests dancing all night. Joe was super easy to get a hold of whenever I needed him. He arrived to our venue early to setup and was ready to go with music and lights. He also was able to get a few requests for some of my guests very quickly (including a korean pop song my niece really wanted to dance to). If you need a DJ, look no more! You got the perfect one right here.

Sent on 07/05/2018

Christina · Married on 03/10/2018

DJ Butters was flexible and very accommodating! He did a great job selecting music of our choice for each portion of the night (dinner versus dancing). Highly recommend!

Sent on 03/29/2018

Rachael · Married on 11/11/2017

We got married on 11/11 and Joe (DJ Butters) did the music for our Ceremony and the Reception. We couldn't have asked for anything more because it was perfect. Admittedly, we hadn't gotten our music list to him when we should have (I'm sorry again, Joe!), but his output was nothing short of professional and just right. He came dressed looking sharp.

When we first met with him, Joe made some excellent suggestions for music types and tempos for both the ceremony and reception. We generally followed those and it turned out really classy and fun (at the appropriate times). Joe called me to check on which version of a song I would want to walk down the aisle and played it over the phone to check. His music transitions and announcements were seamless. We had put one song as an absolutely-don't-play list because it carries some sad memories from a funeral. A family member made an impromptu request to sing that exact song (in memory of that person) - and Joe discreetly asked us. We said it was ok and Joe got the family member set up with a microphone and cued up the song. We also had an unplanned toast which he also checked with us for. We appreciated that he respected our wishes - I made a request that a few specific songs be played within the first 30 mins of opening up the dance floor since my now husband has a foot injury and sometimes can't be on it for too long. Joe didn't miss a beat and we were able to dance to all of those songs together. Thanks for remember that, Joe. It meant alot.

We've had so many comments on the music and that the DJ kept the party going. He had the songs organized perfectly. Everyone had such a great time... the only shame is that it went by so quickly. Thanks, Joe for making our Wedding extra memorable. Everyone had a wonderful time.

If you're looking for a DJ, reach out to Joe. DJ Butters throws a great party. He's professional. We highly recommend him.

Sent on 12/04/2017

Michelle · Married on 08/07/2016

Joe from DJ Butters Ent. was extremely professional and provided us a great entertainment package for our son's 15th birthday party celebration. Everyone had a wonderful time! It was such a great value.

Sent on 11/22/2016

Nikeyia · Married on 07/30/2016

Amazing is an understatement. Joe kept the crowd alive. I would definitely book him again.

Sent on 11/12/2016

Jo-Ellen · Married on 08/20/2016

Be sure to meet up ahead of time to fully appreciate what Joe has to offer. Be sure that your venue matches your musical needs. Be sure to create a song list with Joe to ensure that all of your guests will enjoy their time at your event.

Sent on 11/12/2016

Steven · Married on 07/21/2016

From the initial contact to the day of our wedding, Joe made himself available and was very detailed and professional. He brought our vision to fruition. He kept our wedding guests dancing all night and the added laser lights were a big bonus. We highly recommend him.
    Steve & Mimi