DJ Buddy Holly Reviews

DJ Buddy Holly 1
  • Christine

Christine · Married on 05/04/2019

Fantastic DJ

I am so happy we hired DJ buddy holly/David for our wedding!He was so accommodating doing the music for our ceremony And reception. He really knows how to keep the coffee party flowing and keeping people on the dance floor all night

Sent on 05/10/2019
  • Marie

Marie · Married on 07/14/2018

David was a fantastic DJ!! :) We enjoyed him so much! He made our wedding ceremony and reception perfect! Thank you so much DJ Buddy Holly! :)

DJ Buddy Holly 2
    Sent on 07/23/2018

La Cretia · Married on 06/03/2017

He assisted with a Corporate Rooftop Event for 150 people. Great service...extremely friendly. Very memorable...Very helpful throughout the entire event. Very personable. I would definitely use the service again.

Sent on 01/21/2017

Andrea · Married on 01/20/2017

DJ Buddy Holly is fantastic. I have used him several times for my kids parties, dances at school and a birthday party. He is great and he got everyone dancing.

Sent on 01/20/2017

April · Married on 01/06/2017

He did a great job, arrived early and was open for suggestions on music. Very accommodating and professional.

Sent on 01/21/2017

Raj · Married on 12/09/2016

I hired DJ Buddy Holly not once, not twice, but three times! He deejayed two of my corporate holiday parties in 2015 and 2016, and he also deejayed at my parents company holiday party. He's very responsive, shows up an hour before and is ready to go at party time, he knows what to play by sensing the mood and tone of the event and is open to song requests. Overall, he's really great to work with and I highly recommend him!

Sent on 02/08/2017

Nayelli · Married on 10/14/2016

As any bride-to-be knows, planning a wedding is no easy task. That is why hiring a DJ who is communicative, responsive, and professional is truly worth a million bucks! DJ Buddy Holly is an excellent DJ, but more than that he is a true professional. He not only patiently worked with me to create music playlists based on my requests, he also went above and beyond my expectations on communicating with me throughout the process leading up to the big day. His involvement truly helped to make my big day extra special. I highly recommend DJ Buddy Holly for your special occasion!!

Sent on 01/19/2017

Dominique · Married on 09/18/2016

You wont have much to worry about. He is so professional, easy going, and extremely accommodating. Such a broad music selection offered. Just prepare an adequate list and you wont be dissapionted. Everything seemed to flow very well.

Sent on 02/04/2017

Liz · Married on 08/20/2016

DJ Buddy Holly was excellent at our wedding reception! His communication prior to the big day was clear, professional and concise. He listened and complied with our requests for the type of music we wanted and didn't want. He got people out on the dance floor, but wasn't intrusive. We got so many compliments for how great our DJ was. We will definitely hire him again for future parties!

Sent on 01/19/2017

Ron · Married on 05/07/2016

Everything went smoothly. Kids had a good time and enjoyed it. Able to play just about any music. David did all 3 of the Bar Mitzvahs for our kids.

Sent on 02/01/2017

I wasn't bridezilla, but I may have been if it weren't for DJ Buddy Holly. My photographer didn't show up and luckily the facility had a replacement. Everything seemed to be going wrong except the music. DJ BUDDY HOLLY WAS PERFECT! He downloads songs on the fly if it's not already in his collection. Also, I was able to request like 100 songs before the big day. GOOD JOB DJ! WE LOVE YOU!!!!!!

Sent on 07/14/2015

Brian · Married on 02/07/2015

Just stopped by to say thank you for the awesome job you did at our wedding. Our friends are still talking about how much fun they had and how they didn’t believe they had ever had that much fun dancing a night away (we couldn’t agree more)! From your willingness to locate our (impossibly hard to find) special first dance song to breaking out the guitar at the most appropriate of moments – wow, what a night it was! We really weren’t sure it was worth it to hire a DJ – we now know better. Thanks again!

Sent on 04/24/2015

I highly recommend DJ Buddy Holly for DJing at weddings. My niece in Palo Alto needed a DJ last minute since their original DJ didn’t show up and I tried calling DJ Buddy Holly. HE SAVED THE DAY! He sounded great and was able to fulfill all my song requests. If you’re in the Bay Area and need a music talent then DJ Buddy Holly is the way to go.

• Tony

Tony · Married on 06/08/2013

We recently hired DJ Buddy Holly for our wedding and were thrilled with the level of service provided! From the minute the reception started, he was able to engage our guests and keep things moving as requested (from helping get everyone seated, to announcing the bridal party, first dances, cake cutting, etc.). Everyone danced the night away (even my little old Grandma made her way to the dance floor) to the perfect mix of music spanning all generations in attendance. What we wanted was a wedding that had a party-like atmosphere – we got that and then some! We spent a considerable amount of time interviewing wedding vendors (including DJs) – if you are planning an event – seriously don’t waste that time – trust me, you found the right guy.

Thanks again and we will be recommending you to anyone who asks (or doesn’t ask and we know they’re planning something needing your services).

Tricia · Married on 09/29/2012

He was easy to get a hold of and kept the dance floor hopping. He has all his equipment and lights and I didnt have to worry about anything. He is great!

Sent on 10/10/2012
  • Johnny

Johnny · Married on 08/25/2012

At my wedding the music was the bomb! I never imagined everyone to be rockin’ out! Thanks to the unlimited requests and the well organized DJ my wedding reception was one for the record books. Everyone at the party was satisfied! Never have I seen all the family get along till that certain ‘song’ melted the tension away and put smiles on our guests faces. Thanks for bringing my family together! Highly recommended to anyone!

Corin · Married on 04/07/2012

Highly recommend, he let us choose all the songs that we wanted and provided all the equipment.

Sent on 03/19/2017

helena · Married on 08/10/2010

We use Buddy Holly on our wedding and he was simply great. Price was awesome, music was great and he did everything exactly how we expected. We definitely recommend him. Thank you Buddy!

Sent on 01/27/2017

We did a post-Thanksgiving wedding at my Aunt Samantha's last year. What a lovely occasion! We had the whole family, well actually, both sides of the family were there! DJ Buddy serenaded us for a couple of hours with wonderful classical music. Then he played chords while we did a family sing-a-long (we provided him with music). We then danced the night away and ended the night doing Karaoke in front of our fireplace. Thanks DJ Buddy Holly. Thank you so much. Next time we host our yearly wine and cheese party at the Yacht club....WE KNOW WHO WE'RE GOING TO CALL......DJ BUDDY HOLLY! Thanks again bud!

Sent on 05/01/2015

Ed · Married on 06/04/2011

DJ Buddy Holly was very responsive and was a pleasure to work with. He helped us transition from one activity to the next and was able to read the crowd for music choices which we appreciated. We definitely recommend him.

Sent on 08/29/2011

Kaylee · Married on 08/20/2017

DJ Buddy Holiday was great! I wasn't too picky about the music at my wedding. He played a variety of classics in the beginning and transitioned to dance-type music toward the end of the night. He was super flexible and accommodating. Our wedding was so unorganized (my fault) but he just went along with all our issues. On top of all that he was super friendly! Would use his services again!!!

Sent on 10/13/2017

BuddyCurtis · Married on 04/12/2015

DJBuddy Holly is So Cool

My wife and I love DJ's music. When we started planning our wedding, we decided to hire a DJ. I remembered that I have seen DJBuddy Holly on MTV and at lots of other parties and concerts I have been to in San Francisco and suggested that we hire him to DJ our party. We did and he did a fantastic job! The music was perfect and anyone who made a song request had the correct song played soon after. Recommended to everyone who wants a great party.

Sent on 04/24/2015

Robyn · Married on 08/12/2011

Buddy was easy to work with, very responsive and provided a great party for our wedding reception. I highly recommend him.

Sent on 01/26/2017
  • Tiffany

Tiffany · Married on 06/01/2013

0.0

So completely vile and appalling. This sad excuse for a professional showed up high and a sweaty, shaky mess at my wedding. He proceeded to bleed everywhere and claimed his cat scratched him, exact words "I can't scratch because I got a cat scratch." Horrible waste of money! He forgot to play music as the wedding party march was beginning and the groom stood awkwardly alone at the altar in silence for over two full minutes. After the Best Man/Officiant speech was over the Best man nervously announced the first dance BUT NOOO the DJ called him out over the microphone and said "ONLY I get to make announcements, Just so you all know, I get to announce the first dance." Why couldn't he just roll with it and make it look planned? Because he didn't have the right music on ques, Instead he began playing the Mother-Son dance song. He announced the Cake cutting when the bride and groom weren't even present in the location and taking pictures. He left his table several times to be validated by the bride and be assured he was doing "good." He is so laughable. Please do yourself a favor and spend a few hundred bucks elsewhere.

Long Live DJ Cat Scratch.

Sent on 06/18/2013

DJ Buddy Holly's reply:

This person has been spreading falsehoods and slandering me since 2013. She recently had her entire Facebook account deleted after I reported her for years of online bullying. To future clientele, I think you can tell by the wording that this review is just a form of slander.

Evan · Married on 04/24/2012

Event type: Wedding Reception

I found DJ Buddy Holly through Gigmasters, his price was excellent and his reviews where good. I talked with him briefly, then paid my deposit to book him for the event. Fast forward to less than three weeks before the wedding I receive the following email:
    "Hi Evan,

Unfortunately, I have to cancel for May 12th. I am required to go to Texas and will be unable to provide you with DJ services. I notified Gigmasters and you will have your $200 deposit returned.

David"

I received that at 8:00pm on a Tuesday night and nothing more. Things happen out of your control, I get that. What I don't get, is that it should be obvious that a wedding is very important to the person having it. For those of you who have gone through one, the last month is a flurry of activity making sure all the last details are set. To then receive a cancellation, via email with no explanation, no phone call, and no assurances a replacement is ready, can be a bit of a shock.

The email itself was sent at 6:30pm, and at 8:30pm I gave Mr. Kramer a call, left a message, then another call. No pickup. The message I left expressed how unhappy I was, but no profanity or threats were used. I did say "What are you going to do about it, or How are you going to fix this?"

With less than three weeks to go my fiancee and I decided that waiting around for a response from a person who already flaked once would be a bad idea. So immediately we starting looking for another DJ.

While searching for another DJ I realized I had friended DJ Buddy Holly on facebook earlier that week. I left a snarky comment, but his response shows the extent of his customer service.

From Facebook:
    Me:
    Canceling out on a wedding, via email, with less than three weeks to go, classy.

David:
    Aw, poor baby.

David:
    Here's the thing Evan, since you are immature enough to post publicly on my page. I had a replacement DJ lined up for you and even negotiated their price with them to make sure you had a DJ. Then I got your voice messages, and now I saw your posting. I'm paying the DJ in full for that day regardless. To be honest, after seeing your immaturity.......it's well worth it.

That's fantastic if he really lined up another DJ. What would have been even better is if he told me that when he canceled. With posting that commend on facebook I don't actually believe he had another DJ lined up. I could well be wrong, but nothing previous to this showed me otherwise.

So is he a good DJ? Possibly, I won't ever know. Is he good at customer service? Unfortunately he doesn't seem to be. I just laid out the facts here. To my best recollection I left nothing out, make your own choice.

On a separate note, Gigmasters, the site I booked him through seems to be great. By the end of the next day I went back to Gigmasters and setup a new event, and had five quotes from other DJ's interested in doing the event. So we are not totally out of luck for the wedding.

Sent on 04/25/2012

DJ Buddy Holly's reply:

I actually contacted Gigmasters and found a replacement for Evan before notifying him that I was attending a doctoral seminar in Texas. I attend Walden University. I didn't have a chance to call Evan because by the time I woke up, I was spammed with voicemails, emails, rants on my Facebook page etc. This was a disturbing experience to say the least. With over 500 gigs, I've only had to find a replacement DJ twice and the other person was not nearly as upset as Evan.