DJ Brian Hood Reviews

DJ Brian Hood 2
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 10/12/2019

Best Wedding DJ

DJ Brian Hood did the sound for our ceremony and the reception - and he did an amazing job. From the first phone call we had with Brian he was easy to get in touch with, kind and accommodating. Brian is very easy going and flexible in when to get him music for your wedding as that was something at the end we were having trouble deciding on, we sent him our final music list the week of our wedding. He was also very helpful and sent us suggested song lists for some of the things we were unsure of and it helped us narrow down our choices, which is very helpful in the last week or so of wedding planning, the less choices and decisions the better! Our wedding was SO fun and Brian was such a big part of that. Our friends and family raved about how incredible the vibe was at our wedding and how much fun they had and Brian was huge part of that. He definitely did a great job of reading the crowd and keeping the party going. Our crowd had to be told to leave because the party could have kept going all night long! We had such an amazing and fun wedding day and we have to thank DJ Brian for being such a large contributor to that!!

Sent on 10/17/2019
  • Arin

Arin · Married on 09/20/2019

Absolutely wonderful!

Brian definitely made my wedding perfect. Without him, we would not have stayed on schedule. The music was amazing and he was great to work with! Wish I could do it all over again!

Sent on 10/02/2019
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 08/11/2019

Responsive, helpful, and kept EVERYONE dancing!!!

Brian was a true professional. He has obviously done many weddings before and was very organized and helpful not only in the planning but day of! We sent him a handful of songs we wanted and he used that to make a full playlist. There wasn't one song that I didn't like or any moments when the dance floor was empty!

For the planning, he went through the whole wedding timeline and discussed how we'd like the music to be. He also had lots of recommendations for particular songs (intro/exit/welcome) and for how to set the mood.

The biggest complement I received was from a music snob friend who told me they would be making a full playlist for their wedding asking me later in the night for his contact to use him!

Sent on 08/14/2019

Kristen · Married on 07/20/2019

Highly recommend!

Brian was everything we could have asked for and more! He showed up early the morning of our wedding and was set up and ready to roll. I gave him a list of song requests from friends and family and he played every single one. Not one song off our do not play list was played. He was able to read the room and picked songs based on the vibes he was getting. It was just the best night we could have imagined and he did an amazing job with every aspect of it. He is affordable and comes highly recommended!

Sent on 07/23/2019

Heather · Married on 06/01/2019

Wedding DJ

Brian was great! Easy to work with and kept the guest dancing! Everything was timed just right! I would definitely recommend him!

Sent on 06/03/2019
  • Heather

Heather · Married on 05/11/2019

Fun and easy to work with

Brian did a wonderful job DJing our wedding. He made everything I wanted come true. He was very entertaining and was also a great MC to our reception. He had great ideas for games that I wanted to incorporate. He even came to my ceremony rehearsal to ensure he got my entry song timed correctly for when I walked in. It was great working with him.

Sent on 05/26/2019
  • Jamie

Jamie · Married on 05/09/2019

Highly Recommended!

We met Brian while he was actually setting up for someone else’s wedding! Our event manager was going over various vendors and when we said we needed a DJ, Brian came right to her mind. She introduced us and we were so glad to meet him! He set up and appointment for us to chat in person and start setting up details. He was an excellent communicator and kept in touch via email as the whole planning process went on. The day of, Brian made sure to touch base with us as our timeline progressed to make sure he was playing what we wanted & when we wanted it. He made everything go so smoothly and executed our timeline perfectly! He even helped me and my dad with a surprise song change for our father/daughter dance. As the night went on, I could tell he made sure we were all enjoying the music choices and wanted to see us having fun. Brian is a spectacular guy; we are so grateful he was a part of our special day!

Sent on 05/22/2019
    DJ Brian Hood 3
    DJ Brian Hood 4

Kelsey · Married on 04/19/2019

Our guests said it was a top 5 best wedding!

Our guests couldn’t express enough how much fun they had and how great our DJ was! Brian was awesome! He knew exactly what to do and how to keep the party going. I didn’t have to worry about a single thing the day of the wedding. He was there for our beach ceremony in high winds and indoor reception. I would absolutely recommend Brian for your wedding!

Sent on 04/22/2019

Amanda · Married on 04/12/2019

The dancefloor was NEVER empty

There are not enough adjectives to describe just how AMAZING Brian is! I feel so lucky and grateful to have had him as our DJ! Brian knows how to transition the crowd- which was something I was worried about, having our ceremony outside, dinner inside, then outside again for the dancing. He took the time to meet with my husband and I twice before the wedding! The first time he gave us great tips and a list of things to consider when picking out songs. Other than the first dance songs, we told him we wanted 90's, 2000's and Today's hits, but ultimately gave him the freedom to read the crowd and play what he thought would keep the party going. He did just that!

He was very attentive to everyone and the small details of the night. From re-looping and timing the song I walked down the isle to- to noticing my husband's "look" when he was ready to end the mother/ son dance; he noticed it all. He took reasonable request from our guests and played all of our favorite songs!

We are very grateful for everything Brian did!

Sent on 05/02/2019
  • Ryan

Ryan · Married on 12/01/2018

Awesome Service and Amazing Experience

Brian was absolutely amazing. We had so many compliments the night of our wedding and even the days following on how great the DJ was. We gave him a few songs that we definitely wanted to hear and he went off that and made our night one to remember. He kept people on the dance floor and enjoying themselves. Guest were dancing that I never would have thought were dancers.

Sent on 12/11/2018
  • Mary

Mary · Married on 12/01/2018

Great dj!

When me and my husband first met with Brian to talk about being our DJ for one of the most important days of our lives we instantly clicked with him and hired him pretty much on the spot. He was very easy going and very compromising the entire time, planning our music and layout of the wedding with his was truly a breeze. He gave us so many recommendations on music to choose if we were uncertain, and steered us in the right direction for what our vision was for our wedding. I could not recommend Brian enough!! Truly amazing!
    Thank you so much Brian!!

Sent on 12/12/2018

Robert · Married on 10/13/2018

Everyone was dancing

Brian did a great job! He played everything we requested and somehow got everyone dancing. Multiple people commented on the fact that they had never before been to a wedding where so many people danced. It was awesome! Thanks, Brian!

Sent on 11/13/2018

Natasha · Married on 09/15/2018

Brian is an awesome dj, he accommodated all of our needs and knew exactly what we wanted for our ceremony and reception. All of our guests loved him and he kept the dance floor packed the entire night. His prices were very affordable, he even provided lapel mics, and a large speaker for our beach ceremony so the guests can hear everything.
    We would highly recommend him to anyone and everyone!

Sent on 10/09/2018

Andrea · Married on 09/07/2018

Brian was the DJ for our wedding and he was outstanding. He kept everyone on the dance floor all night! I got so many compliments after the wedding on how amazing my DJ was. Everything I wanted in a reception he executed perfectly. He even got there early and set up a sound system for our ceremony! He is very professional and easy to work with. He is everything you want in a DJ and more. If you are looking for a DJ I promise you won't regret choosing Brain. Justin and I will forever be grateful that we had Brain as our DJ!

Sent on 09/20/2018
  • Shelby

Shelby · Married on 07/22/2018

I wasn't planning on using a DJ for my wedding, but I am SO GLAD I went with Brian! He was great! He also did music for my ceremony since the wedding and reception were in the same place. He kept the reception moving and played the music that I wanted! I gave him a list of a few songs and he did the rest based on that! He could read the crowd and knew when to slow it down or when to play everyone's favorite line dances. I would highly recommend Brian!

Sent on 07/22/2018

Brittnee · Married on 07/14/2018

Life of the party!

AMAZING! Everything you could want in a DJ. Personable, timely, responsive, reasonable fees, professional, and the life of the party! He provided seamless entertainment and music for our ceremony, cocktail hour, and dinner which entailed a beach setup and both an indoor and outdoor setup at the reception venue. He gauged the crowd perfectly, avoided your typical cheesy wedding music (though said he would play it per request of the bride & groom), and had the dance floor going up until last call because the music was too good to leave! Would highly recommend!!

Sent on 03/19/2019

Heather · Married on 06/02/2018

I can't express just how absolutely amazing Brian was! He was extremely accommodating and is overall just an awesome person. We had a pretty good age range among our guests, but Brian played songs that catered to everyone and kept the dance floor packed the entire night!

He made our wedding so much fun, and we received sooooo many compliments on his behalf! Not only was he an awesome MC and DJ, but he also helped me pull off a surprise bridesmaids dance flawlessly. We couldn't have asked for a better DJ, and would recommend Brian to any-and-everyone!

Sent on 06/29/2018

Erin · Married on 05/31/2018

Brian was the DJ for my wedding in July. He was great - fairly priced, easy to communicate with, and played awesome music that fit our style and the vibe we wanted perfectly. I’d recommend him highly for your event!

Sent on 09/25/2018

Katherine · Married on 05/11/2018

Brian was wonderful!! He met with us in advance to make sure he knew exactly what we were looking for. He played the perfect mix of music to keep people on the dance floor all evening. Would definitely recommend!

Sent on 08/05/2018

Lauren · Married on 04/08/2018

Brian was absolutely awesome! My husband and I live in Raleigh and planned our wedding in Wilmington. Brian made it SO EASY to chat and plan and do everything over the phone. Up until we walked into our reception, we had not met, and yet he still managed to do a phenomenal job. I cannot say thank you enough to Brian for how great of a job he does and how wonderful he made our wedding!

Sent on 04/12/2018

Meghan · Married on 04/07/2018

Hands down the best DJ I have ever been around! When we first met with Brian Hood, he told us that he takes offense when people do not dance. Well, at our wedding, no ever stopped dancing! The music was amazing, the energy each song gave kept our guest on their feet and the party going! There is no greater way of celebrating your wedding day than dancing with your friends and family! Thank you for giving us the best party!! In addition to making our reception a party, Brian helped Jamie and I when deciding on ceremony music. After describing the vision we had for our wedding, Brian gave the best suggestions and they were PERFECT! The best recommendation my husband and I can give you, is choosing Brian Hood for your wedding or event!

Thank you again for EVERYTHING Brian!!

Sent on 06/20/2018

M&P · Married on 03/30/2018

DJ Brian Hood was amazing! He did exactly what we asked for and so much more! Our guests loved him and so did we! He had everyone on the dance floor- ALL NIGHT!

Sent on 04/07/2018

Lakota · Married on 11/18/2017

Brian coordinated with us to perfect the playlist for our wedding day. He expertly blended music for our American and Brazilian families which was no small feat. There was no downtime and he kept the dance floor full. Cannot say enough about how much he contributed to making our day perfect.

Sent on 09/29/2018

Kaitlyn · Married on 11/10/2017

I can't even begin to express how amazing Brian was! He truly was such a pleasure to work with throughout the entire experience. He made time for us whenever we requested and truly helped me prepare for our wedding day.

He played music for our ceremony and reception and it was FLAWLESS. We wanted the reception to basically be a dance party and he nailed it, nearly all of our guests were on the dance floor all night. He was so great at gauging the crowd and playing an awesome variety of music throughout the evening to play something for everyone's. I had so many comments from my guests on how amazing he was. I would HIGHLY suggest Brian, he is the best in Wilmington without a doubt.

Sent on 11/30/2017

Caitlyn · Married on 11/04/2017

What can I possibly say about Brian that would do him justice?! He was AMAZING! He was so easy to work with, extremely responsive and kept the party going the whole night! He took the list of songs we sent him as "must plays" and made sure each one was heard. He was also able to go off our likes and dislikes in order to play the perfect songs all night! He even took requests from our guests (which I had no clue was a thing) and did his best to play each of those songs. He was so much fun and so easy going throughout the whole night (my husband and I forgot to request to cut our special dances short; he paid attention and was so attentive to us and our guests). You will have the most incredible night of your life as long as Brian is your DJ!!

Sent on 12/20/2017