74 Reviews for DJ Brian Hood

One Event Per Day (14)
Uplighting (7)
Liability Insurance (2)
74 DJ Brian Hood Reviews

DJ Brian Hood was amazing! He did exactly what we asked for and so much more! Our guests loved him and so did we! He had everyone on the dance floor- ALL NIGHT!

Profile Picture M&P, 3/30/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

I can't even begin to express how amazing Brian was! He truly was such a pleasure to work with throughout the entire experience. He made time for us whenever we requested and truly helped me prepare for our wedding day.

He played music for our ceremony and reception and it was FLAWLESS. We wanted the reception to basically be a dance party and he nailed it, nearly all of our guests were on the dance floor all night. He was so great at gauging the crowd and playing an awesome variety of music throughout the evening to play something for everyone's. I had so many comments from my guests on how amazing he was. I would HIGHLY suggest Brian, he is the best in Wilmington without a doubt.

Profile Picture Kaitlyn, 11/10/17, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC, One Event Per Day

What can I possibly say about Brian that would do him justice?! He was AMAZING! He was so easy to work with, extremely responsive and kept the party going the whole night! He took the list of songs we sent him as "must plays" and made sure each one was heard. He was also able to go off our likes and dislikes in order to play the perfect songs all night! He even took requests from our guests (which I had no clue was a thing) and did his best to play each of those songs. He was so much fun and so easy going throughout the whole night (my husband and I forgot to request to cut our special dances short; he paid attention and was so attentive to us and our guests). You will have the most incredible night of your life as long as Brian is your DJ!!

Profile Picture Caitlyn, 11/4/17, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

What can I say... Brian was one of the easiest vendors to work with! He made the process simple and was more than accommodating! Since this was a destination wedding for us, Brian made time to meet with us while we were in town a few months prior to the big day.

In preparation for the big day, Brian was responsive to all the emails for bride/son and groom/mother song requests and the multiple changes in the timeline. Through it all, Brian reassured us all would go well. Since we did not provide a song by song playlist for the night (we only provided a select few songs we wanted played), Brian's selection was absolutely perfect to suit the variety we were looking for (English and Spanish). THANK YOU BRIAN!!!

Profile Picture Selenia, 10/29/17, 8 Reviews
Category: DJ

DJ Brian Hood played all the songs we had on our wish list and was able to feel the vibe we were trying to set and totally delivered! Guests were dancing the whole time which is exactly what we wanted! He did a great job MCing to make sure the night was going as planned

Profile Picture Lindsay, 9/2/17, 6 Reviews
Category: DJ

Brian is the bomb dot com! He is an amazing DJ to work with. He was willing to meet with us whenever we were in town and was responsive to our emails. He respected our play/do not play recommendations. Brian made our night unforgettable. Seriously, we have never been to a wedding where EVERYONE wanted to dance! Thank you Brian for giving us a night we will never forget!

Profile Picture Courtney, 8/5/17, 11 Reviews
Services Used: Sound/PA System, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC

I was so worried about finding a good mix of music that every age group at my wedding would enjoy, but Brian totally exceeded all my expectations and had everyone on the dance floor. He truly kept the party alive and everyone talked about what a great combination of music there was throughout the wedding. I completely recommend booking Brian as your DJ!

Profile Picture Kaitlin, 7/3/17, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

Brian was amazing! He is seriously worth every penny. I was so worried about people not dancing since I had a small wedding but the dance floor was packed all night long!!! Everyone had so much fun dancing and the songs he played were perfect for my crowd. The whole night flowed so smoothly and he was able to adapt to changes very easily.

Profile Picture User5238989, Recently Married, 15 Reviews
Category: DJ

Brian was an absolute pleasure to work with and everything we wanted in a DJ! He knows how to keep the party going, and had the entire room dancing all night long. If you are looking for someone who is easy to work with, and knows how to keep the crowd involved Brian is your guy! Couldn't imagine our wedding night being so perfect without his services!

Profile Picture Nicole, 6/3/17, 9 Reviews
Category: DJ

Brian was excellent! I was very nervous about the reception music as I'm....let's say a little particular about my music and a DJ can make or break a party. Wow did Brian make the party! A couple conversations prior to the big day was all he needed to get a sense of our music priorities and his talent and ability to command a room did the rest. EVERYONE danced! He also took some very important - and timely- requests that made our night that much more special. I can't recommend him enough. Perfect!

Profile Picture Kristen, 5/20/17, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

Brian dj'd our wedding and did an amazing job. He got everyone out on the dance floor and engaged. He knew our taste and went with it. We completely recommend him!

Profile Picture kyla, 4/29/17, 9 Reviews
Category: DJ

I could not have asked for a better DJ for our wedding. Not only were my now husband and I smiling the entire time because the dance floor was packed the whole night, I have heard nothing but rave reviews from all of our guest. I would highly recommend spending the money on the utmost quality service we received from Brian. He was able to meet all of our expectations and more and was a pleasure to work with.

Profile Picture Teresa, 3/4/17, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

He was awesome to work with and he helped me a lot when it came to planning out when music was needed to be played and made sure all the bases were covered. He also was great at keeping the flow of the wedding going and was great with requests. Awesome job!!!

Profile Picture rebecca, 2/18/17, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Consultation, MC, One Event Per Day, Microphones

Brian did an incredible job as our wedding DJ -- our guests were commenting all night on how good the music was. He provided our ceremony and cocktail hour/dinner music, in addition to the best dance party once everyone got out on the dance floor. He was very responsive and was so easy to work with. I would absolutely recommend him and we are so glad we were able to work with him!

Profile Picture Katie, 12/3/16, 11 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List

Music makes the event. No matter what vibe you are going for, Brian Hood can deliver. We used Brian Hood for our wedding recently, and he read the crowd perfectly, making sure he incorporated the songs we requested but also made sure it kept the party going. He meets with you before the event and gets an idea of what type of music you like and what you don't like. I was amazed after such a short time getting to know us, he knew exactly what songs to play at our wedding. Everyone had a blast dancing and I attribute that to an excellent DJ.

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 10/7/16, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Brian was fantastic. We had a lot of different, special requests, and he did an amazing job making sure all were fulfilled. We also had several changes to our needs throughout the course of planning, and he adjusted as needed with no worries. He worked with us right up to second the ceremony started, making last minute changes that we needed. The music was great, and he kept the dance floor full all night long, playing drying from oldies to new stuff, with special requests mixed in. Everyone said they had a fantastic time at the wedding, because Brian kept the party going all night long! thank you for an amazing day!

Profile Picture Julie, 9/30/16, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

I highly recommend DJ Brian Hood. We had a band play during the wedding reception, and hired Brian to DJ the cocktail hour. He was extremely kind and accommodating, and was open to suggestions from us. He was very professional and did a great job! Thank you so much!

Profile Picture Nicki, 9/17/16, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Sound/PA System

Brian was a phenomenal DJ. A great DJ can make or break a reception, and our guests (and we) were thrilled with him. Our reception was outside in August, and it was more than toasty. Brian braved the heat and kept our guests dancing until the very end despite it all. He took care to pronounce everyone's names correctly when emceeing, did not play some of the tired / cliche wedding reception songs, played a good mix to keep all the guests (and us) happy, took all of our requests seriously, and knew exactly when to cut the songs to prevent the awkward 3 minute / too long dances. I would definitely recommend him, and we loved working with him.

Profile Picture User5458235, 1+ year ago, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC, One Event Per Day

Brian was amazing at my wedding last weekend! He provided microphones at our ceremony venue and did an amazing job during the reception. Excellent announcer and song choices. All my guests were very impressed. Professional, prompt, and my now husband made the comment he was one of the best dressed men at the wedding! Thank you so much Brian!

Profile Picture Andrea, 4/29/16, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

DJ Brian Hood did an absolutely fantastic job with our wedding! My husband and I were definitely learning as we went and Brian was so very helpful in the process. He gave us lists to help with ideas, which made it easier to start our own lists of what we wanted to hear. He helped with the order and timing to set the mood we wanted. He played songs we loved and kept the fun atmosphere going, exactly what we wanted! He and the 128 South team made every move around the venue seamless. The music can really make or break the mood and he did a great job! Can't say enough!

Profile Picture User4906327, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: DJ

DJ Brian Hood is well established and came highly recommended. It was an honor to have him be a part of our wedding. Not only is he extremely talented and creative, he is incredibly fun! His pure joy and passion for music shined through at our consultation when discussing what artists and genres I wanted to hear on my wedding day. He understood how important music was to me and did not disappoint. In fact, he went above and beyond. The moment the toasts ended EVERYONE jumped out of their seats and danced. It was incredible to watch and participate. He has a natural ability to read a crowd. I hear continuous compliments about DJ Brian. He set the tone for an unforgettable and fun wedding. I can't say enough amazing things about his passion and professionalism!!!

Profile Picture User6938607, 2+ years ago, 8 Reviews
Category: DJ

We used DJ Brian Hood‘s service for our beach wedding this past November in Topsail, North Carolina. Brian was extremely personable and friendly. Planning our wedding from a different state, I had a lot of questions and Brian was extremely accommodating.

Our DJ was AMAZING on Saturday! He was so professional, and so flexible. The best man tried to change a few things at the last second and the DJ just rolled with the punches. I think there were maybe two songs that the dance floor wasn't packed during and that was right at the beginning while people were still mingling. While I did give some general guidelines and suggestions on what we did and did not want played, the DJ was extremely courteous and sought us out to ask before a song was played that may have been outside of our guidelines. We had quite a few older folks so we were grateful that he was so respectful of our wishes. Additionally, the DJ stayed an extra hour even though he had another commitment after our wedding.

All in all, I would highly rate this vendor. Pre-wedding, Brian was very informative, courteous and timely in responding. Our DJ at the wedding was very professional, had a great mix of music, and did an amazing job at reading the crowd. The price was extremely reasonable. This is a great company and I would recommend their services for any event.

Profile Picture Justein, 11/14/15, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

Due to the weather, we had to change the start time of the wedding the day before. On top of that, we made a few changes to the songs right before as well. Brian got the party started and people were dancing even before the cake was cut, and stayed on the dance floor the whole night. Our dance floor wasn't big enough for the party at our wedding! He had lights and that helped set the mood. Definitely had a really FUN time with Brian!

Profile Picture User5581650, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC, One Event Per Day, Microphones, Uplighting

Brian was awesome during the planning process. He guided us through to make the experience personal to us, while also helping when needed. His enthusiasm was contagious and he made sure our guests had a fantastic time while also considering our personal tastes and those of the crowd. Our dance floor was never empty as he read the crowd. We've heard all good things about the party and dancing from our guests. We couldn't have been happier with his services!

Profile Picture Page, 6/26/15, 5 Reviews