DJ BFG Reviews

47 | Pittsfield, MA

47 Reviews for DJ BFG

47 DJ BFG Reviews

Abigail · Married on 10/07/2018

Best dj, hands down, forever

DJ BFG is amazing. We had an age and ethnically diverse group at our wedding - and DJ BFG was able to blend Latin dance music with Jewish Klezmer music and American hits from 1960s thru today. The dance floor was packed...the whole night long. Several of my cousins in their 60s said that this was the most fun wedding party they had ever been to, as well I heard this from my friends and colleagues who came from NYC, LA, South America and Europe...everyone had a blast. It is a rare gift to be able to intuitively read the energetic vibe of wedding guests and then craft a playlist that gets everyone grooving and dancing the night away. DJ BFG will make your party fun...for every single person. It is that simple. And the decision should be that simple! :)

JOHN · Married on 08/18/2018

Gabby (DJ GFB) did a great job at my niece's wedding on Saturday night 8-18-18. Everyrhing went down perfrctly and most important....the music was excellent and perfectly played. Gabby was great in all facets involved with the wedding and the celebration party.

• W

Wes · Married on 06/02/2018

DJ BFG provided the music for our wedding ... and she was nothing short of outstanding. From the planning to the days before to the execution, DJ BFG was professional, extremely competent, and friendly. And as for the music ... young and old spent time on the dance floor due to the mixing she provided. In addition, when I contacted her privately to set up a surprise serenade for my wife, she responded immediately and enthusiastically, had the mike set up for me as soon as I was ready, and helped pull the surprise off without a hitch. The new Mr. and Mrs. Miller can recommend DJ BFG without reservation and with the highest confidence that she will make your wedding uniquely special as she did for us.

Christina · Married on 05/26/2018

Thank you SO much, Gabby, for making our DANCE PARTY wedding dream come alive!!! My husband, Armen and I, got married in the Berkshires, but live out-of-town so we only “met” with Gabby via telephone until our big day. However, from the second we spoke with her, we knew she was the DJ we absolutely needed for our wedding. Throughout the entire process (especially towards the 1-week mark, when I started to become the #bridezilla I never thought I’d be)... Gabby was calming, attentive and super on point with her music selections the entire day/night! Also, we had Gabby DJ our ceremony relatively last minute, which we had chose a few songs that needed transitioning etc. Despite the last minute of it all, Gabby ‘KILLED IT’!” The transistiok from each song-to-song during our ceremony precessional/recessional was literally SEAMLESS. Needless to say, our wedding was the DANCE PARTY we had envisioned from the start, and we are incredibly happy that we had DJ BFG as our wedding DJ!! She is the best of The Berkshires, hands down.

Molly · Married on 12/03/2017

DJ BFG brought joy, fun, and fabulous music to our October wedding, handling both our cocktail hour and reception! She kept our guests on the dance floor all night, and was lovely to work with. I HIGHLY recommend this DJ. Each song seamlessly moved into the next song, and it kept friends and family (old and young) on the dance floor all night. At one point towards the end of the night I looked over at DJ BFG with a big smile across my face, giving her a two thumbs up-- I was loving every song. I truly was over-joyed with how our day went and a big part of that was having continuous music to set the tone. You won't find a better DJ!

Grace · Married on 10/21/2017

I worked with DJ BFG on my wedding this past October and all my friends and family have been contacting me since to let me know what a fun time they had, and specifically how amazing the DJ and dance party was. She put together a masterful mix of our favorites and songs that were guaranteed to make you want to dance. She was so wonderful to work with throughout the process and went above and beyond to make everything stress free for us. Seriously once of the best parts of my wedding, I didn't want to leave the dance floor!

Emily · Married on 10/07/2017

Oh my goodness, how to put into words how amazing Gaby was at our wedding? Guests of literally every group and every age told us how much they loved the music at the wedding. We had a pretty eager group of guests, and Gaby read them perfectly. The dance floor was completely full the entire night. In the days since, people have always mentioned how great she was at the top of their list.

And forget the guests for a second, WE had the BEST time. We never left the dance floor! Gaby played all the songs we wanted to hear and took requests, she kept the dance party going strong for hours, and she got the dance party going in the afterparty seamlessly. Gaby was everywhere we needed her to be, and she was reliably awesome the whole time.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

Ashlei · Married on 09/16/2017

Being from the Berkshires, I know that every great dance party starts with DJ BFG. It was a must have for my wedding. Gabrielle was so wonderful to work with. She made the experience easy & I knew I didn’t have to worry about any of the music unless I wanted to. I am still getting compliments from my guests about how awesome she was. I would highly recommend DJ BFG.

Jasper · Married on 09/03/2017

Simply put, DJ BFG was amazing. She was incredibly easy to work with and put on quite the dance party for our wedding. Two of our friends split their pants dancing...that's how good the music was! DJ BFG is very responsive and professional and made sure that the music at our wedding was exactly the genres we wanted. She took requests prior to the wedding and even during the wedding. She also has a knack for sensing when songs should be changed and when guests need a break with a slower song or two. She was also very flexible when our plans changed due to rain and was very adept at DJ-ing at our venue (Jacob's Pillow) since she has DJ-ed many parties there over the years. Definitely seek her out if you need a DJ and want a wedding where your guests talk about how great the dance party was for weeks and months afterwards. Highly highly recommend!!!

Carol · Married on 08/11/2017

It is with great please that I give the highest recommendation to Gabrielle of DJ BFG. She did an incredible job at my daughters wedding, there was not a single person sitting - everyone was up dancing having a fabulous time. I asked her to not only do the music for the dinner/dancing portion but the cocktail hour and the ceremony as well. Everything was absolutely perfect - I couldn't of asked for anything better. I booked her after reading her reviews and she lived up to the 5 star rating so I wanted to let you all know the same!!

Katie · Married on 07/29/2017

The best decision we made was booking DJBFG early! She was professional and everything went so smoothly. Everyone loved the songs she played and we loved dancing all night to them. Thank you so much!

Riley · Married on 07/15/2017

Gabriel did an incredible job DJing our wedding reception! She was extremely easy to work with and "just gets in" in terms of reading the crowd and keeping everyone happy! From the cocktail hour, where we played classics, to the dance party, where we played contemporary dance music, she just killed it all around. It still makes me smile to think how everyone from every age group had a ball on the dance floor. Thanks Gabriel!!!

Margaret · Married on 07/08/2017

Gabrielle did an amazing job throughout our wedding reception from cocktail hour and dinner all the way to the late night dance party. She was a pleasure to work with in our planning stages as well - always responsive and helpful! We couldn't have found a better DJ for our event!

Alyssa · Married on 06/17/2017

WOW! BFG is seriously amazing - everyone was dancing all night long. Guests kept raving about how much fun they had and how the music was on point. Major dance party, which is what we were hoping for. I cannot recommend BFG enough, she made our day extra special and was great to work with throughout the entire process.

Norah · Married on 10/29/2016

When my now husband and I got engaged, DJ BFG was the first vendor that I called. We had heard her spin around the Berkshires at a few cultural events and knew that she was our only choice. We worked around her schedule to book her as our DJ for our wedding. From the beginning, she was friendly, professional and flexible. We sent playlists back and forth for the ultimate dance party experience and she absolutely delivered! She even worked with my MOH to surprise me with a rap cover MOH speech that was hilariously fitting. We requested a special mashup for the Father/Daughter dance that Gabriel executed perfectly. Our dance floor was packed all night so much so that I am not alone in saying we didn't want the party to end. I don't think I left the dance floor once we kicked it off.

The best part about our experience with DJ BFG was that she continuously kept us on schedule. With an evening wedding of 225+ guests and a limited wedding venue timeline that was really important to me to start the wedding party entrances, first dances and speeches on time so that we didn't feel like we forgot any details. Before the night was over, Gabriel asked us if we had any other musical requests which was a nice touch. I couldn't recommend her more! Book her, it'll bring your reception to the next level!

Patrick · Married on 10/08/2016

We couldn't have been happier with Gabriel for our wedding. Without having a better idea on how to pick a DJ, we called around to a few to get a sense of personality and pricing, and provide an idea of what we were looking for in a wedding DJ. Gabriel was far and away the nicest, most down-to-earth, on-point person over the phone, was perfectly accommodating of our very vague, uninformed musical tastes and requests, and painted a helpful picture of the cocktail hour and reception. It was also abundantly clear that Gabriel is a pro, knows music of all genres, and for all audiences. That's key for a wedding, and Gabriel effortlessly mixed a great variety of songs and genres to keep everyone from the college kids to the grandparents out on the dance floor. And, bonus, Gabriel does a great job with the introductions and announcements ... absolutely no cheesy wedding DJ feel. Like you, we read way too many reviews for DJs, and they all start to sound the same ... "everyone told us x/y/z was the best DJ they'd ever heard; we danced the whole time; etc., etc.," ... but Gabriel hit all those high points with ease, was responsive to our requests and phone calls/emails, and put on a hell of a show. Even though Gabriel might be a bit more expensive compared to some other DJs, we can't recommend "DJ BFG" enough ... you'll get every penny's-worth and can be confident that great music is one less thing to worry about for your big day.

• Z

Zazu · Married on 09/11/2016

Book Gabriel. Just do it. Stop reading reviews. They all say the same thing anyway: they're awesome.
    Gabriel is friendly, kind, and cheerful. They know how to read both a crowd and individuals' moods and desires, on and off the dance floor. And their musical choices and the way they're put together is never jarring or odd, but rather sounds so natural you'd think the hours of music were created strung together that way.
    After our own wedding, we had to attend two others in quick succession and at both we found ourselves (and other guests who had attended our own wedding too) turning to each other and muttering, "God, Gabriel was so much better". Seriously. It's freaking astounding.
    So, yeah, book Gabriel. Or you'll end up having guests whisper about that weird song or thing your DJ is doing/playing rather than enjoying themselves and dancing. You've been warned.

Billy · Married on 07/31/2016

BFG took our very eclectic list of wants and blended it perfectly with a live read of the crowd, making sure to build momentum when necessary and drop it back when the time was right. Logistically, BFG was timely, responsive and very professional, making that aspect of our wedding go smoothly, seemlessly and wonderfully.

Amy · Married on 07/30/2016

I knew of Gabriel's DJing from attending multiple other dance parties throughout the years. The first thing I booked for my wedding was my DJ because, in my opinion, this is the most important thing. The music makes or breaks the event. Yes, it was pricier than all other DJs in the area, but like I said, it was the most important thing for me and I knew what I was paying for so I paid. Gabriel met with me a couple of times before the wedding to make sure our needs were met. The music I wanted was played. The requests my guests made were played. Everyone was thrilled during and after the event. People stayed longer because the dance party was so good. Every I was dotted and every T was crossed.
    Thank you, thank you, thank you!
    Amy

Evan · Married on 07/09/2016

do you like good music?
    do you like dancing?
    do you like seeing all your friends and family have a great time?
    if you answered yes to any of these questions then dj bfg is the right choice for your wedding.
    my now wife and i got married exactly one year ago and everyone is still asking us "who was your dj? they were amazing!" or "what's that awesome song that was played at your wedding?". gabriel is well known for playing to diverse crowds of all walks of life and has a musical collection to match. we began with a few emails back and forth, i then realized that the music in the hands of an absolute professional. i sent playlists, must-plays, and do-not-plays and bfg went above and beyond even playing i didnt know i wanted to hear. they kept everything on schedule. the cocktail hour was nice and easy listening. when it was time to dance, gabriel pumped up the volume and turned the party out, getting everybody off their seats and onto the dance floor. their ability to read a crowd is immaculate and the wonderful personality makes it feel like their a guest who jus happen to play awesome music. a thousand thank yous dj bfg, our perfect day had the perfect soundtrack.

• AlmostMrsT

Lauren · Married on 10/11/2015

Booking DJ BFG was one of the best decisions we made during the planning process for our recent Fall wedding. He was easy to work with, and went the extra mile in regards to making our wedding a reflection of of us. The dance floor was constantly packed, and have been told by more than a few guests that our wedding was the most fun wedding they've been to. Gabe, thank you for all your hard work! We highly recommend you to any and all future Berkshire brides :)

Christa · Married on 09/26/2015

DJ BFG was SO much fun to work with. We enjoyed having him at our wedding more than we possibly could have anticipated. He was attentive and true to exactly what we wanted, even if it wasn't the most traditional approach to wedding music. Everything was spot on from the music for the meet & greet, ceremony, cocktail hour, dinner and dance party. I don't know many DJs who could mix from The Proclaimers to Genuine as skillfully as Gabe did. It was perfect and blew my mind. He was responsive, reliable, easy to work with, and we could not possibly imagine a better wedding, and we honestly owe much of that to Gabe and his ability to collaborate so seamlessly with the staff at our venue.

Gabriel was absolutely the best part about our wedding. It was terrifying planning our event from 5,000 miles away but he was incredibly easy to work with and very friendly. I warned him that most of our group were "painfully boring non dancers" but you could not tell! Our dance floor was packed solid and no one was sitting in their seats! People were telling me it was the most fun they have ever had at a wedding. No one even had a slice of wedding cake because that would involve leaving the dance floor! Even the serving staff had to jump in on the fun, and they commented that our group was the most fun all weekend. I would highly recommend Gabriel for your event!!

David · Married on 09/05/2015

We can't say enough good things about Gabriel. We had a somewhat non-traditional wedding that we were planning from hundreds of miles away, so we were seriously stressed. Gabriel was a wonderful calming presence at every step of the way. We had to pick processional and recessional songs (because we went non-traditional), and Gabriel offered us brilliant recommendations, original yet utterly appropriate -- including one song I enjoyed so much that I listen to it all the time now. He was able to make such spot-on suggestions because he consulted with us extensively prior to the wedding to get a sense of us as a couple, our personalities, and our (somewhat divergent) tastes in music. On the day of the wedding, he helped set up the audio for our outdoor ceremony, which was flawless (not always the case at weddings). But he did his best work as the DJ for our reception, where he picked great music that reflected our personalities, covered diverse genres of music (to please many different constituencies), and kept the dance floor consistently packed and lively. We couldn't have asked for a better DJ, and we recommend Gabriel with the utmost enthusiasm!