DJ B-Funk Reviews

DJ B-Funk 7
  • Michelle

Michelle Perry · Married on 09/28/2019

Wedding DJ

Brandon was awesome. He played according to the list we gave him, and added to it as well. He got the vibe of our crowd and went with it. I would highly recommend him for any party or wedding.

Brandon also handled any issues that came up, like changes in schedule, song requests, and confusion at the end of the night with our shuttle service and stop time. He was extremely professional and accommodating. We loved having him as part of our big day and would recommend to friends and family.

Sent on 10/07/2019

Courtney · Married on 10/13/2018

Cool guy, great music, so easy to work with!

Brandon was great and kept our guests moving for 3 hours! I've gotten a ton of compliments from guests on how great the music was at our wedding, and photos of the full dance floor stand as witness. Brandon was super relaxed and easy going (which was exactly the calm, confident energy I needed a month out from the wedding.) He was able to do some creative editing to make a couple of our song choices for our entrance and first dances work, got a good vibe of the music we were into, and read the dance floor really well. I would definitely recommend him--We danced all night and had a great time!

Sent on 11/21/2018
  • Erin

Erin · Married on 09/01/2018

Easy-going and Great to Work With - Highly Recommend

DJ B-Funk (Brandon) was an excellent addition to our wedding vendor team. Prior to booking him, Brandon happily hopped on a phone call with me to talk about himself and his services. He also asked about our wedding vibe and our tastes in music.

He remained friendly, flexible, and communicative throughout our entire experience with him. He arrived early to set up for our ceremony and reception, and he helped move the day's events along without a hitch.

My husband made more than a few song requests (probably too many, lol) during our reception and Brandon was continuously accommodating. We had many guests comment on how awesome he was throughout the evening. Everyone had an absolute blast.

Sent on 03/15/2019
    DJ B-Funk 19
    DJ B-Funk 20
    DJ B-Funk 21

Nicole · Married on 08/11/2018

Brandon was a great wedding DJ! Leading up to the wedding he was very organized and made sure that we knew everything that we needed before the big day. The night of the reception he made sure everything ran on time and did a great job organizing the wedding party. He has a great presence and did a great job announcing everything. The dance floor was packed all night! We got a ton of compliments on the dj from our guests! I would highly recommend working with Brandon!

Sent on 09/01/2018

Eric · Married on 09/30/2017

DJ B-Funk is extremely accommodating and a blast to work with. His flow is incredible and we're extremely satisfied with everything. Highly suggested, but definitely book him early, because he fills up quickly- http://djb-funk.weebly.com/

Sent on 11/23/2016

Kari · Married on 08/12/2017

Brandon (Bfunk) was the best DJ I could have ever wanted on my wedding day. He knew exactly what he was doing and kept in touch the entire time before the wedding. His attention to detail and his experience alone made our night the most amazing ever :) Brandon knows how to read a room and play accordingly which was great since everyone just wanted to dance!! I HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

Sent on 08/31/2017
  • Danielle

Danielle · Married on 05/13/2017

Brandon was the perfect choice for our wedding reception. He as easy to contact and receptive to our needs. My parents and I are still getting compliments about how great he was from our guests! I hope I never have to plan another wedding, but if I did, the DJ would be one of the easiest pieces! 5 Stars all around!

Sent on 05/30/2017

Maddy · Married on 09/17/2016

My husband and I got married a month ago and we are STILL getting compliments on DJ B-Funk! He did SUCH an amazing job! The dance floor was packed from the minute he played the first song till the very end. He was not only easy to work with but he also gave us suggestions for other parts of our wedding! We live about 3 hours away from Athens and it was so nice to get his perspective on vendors. I wish we could do the day over again! Thank you DJ B-Funk!

Sent on 10/30/2017
    DJ B-Funk 22
    DJ B-Funk 23

Kimberly · Married on 10/24/2015

DJ B-Funk was the best DJ we could have asked for at our wedding. He was so easy to work with prior to the wedding, as well as during the wedding. He was easy-going, and had the perfect playlist for the entire night. Our guests were on the floor the minute he started, and he did a great job making sure our guests were entertained the entire night. I would highly recommend DJ B-Funk to anyone looking for a DJ for anyone.

Miranda · Married on 07/03/2015

Brandon was absolutely amazing to work with for our wedding reception! He was professional and truly cared about making our event unique to us. He listened to what we wanted and provided feedback based on his expertise. I am so thankful we chose him as our DJ. We could not have made a better decision. Our guests raved about the job he did and everyone had a fantastic time! If you are looking for a great DJ, you will not regret hiring DJ B Funk! He is without a doubt the best!

Adam · Married on 06/27/2015

DJ B-Funk was the DJ for my wedding. He was not only extremely responsible and coordinated, but he got everyone up and dancing for the entire reception. At one point in the night it was the time that he usually switched to a slower song, but he made the effort to seek us out and ask what we wanted to do since everyone was up, dancing, and having a great time. We told him to keep it going and he did just that. Our guests were treated to amazing music where he had a great feel for what they wanted to hear. We got nothing but compliments about our choice in a DJ.

Overall he is polite, willing to work and adjust to your needs, and he has the skill and experience to keep your party-goers extremely happy the whole night!

Sent on 11/16/2015

Brandon was absolutely wonderful to work with from start to finish, which was incredibly helpful as we planned our big day from out of state. He kept the guests on the dance floor all night with fun music and was very flexible with requests (our schedule didn't include a bouquet toss or some of the group pictures guests wanted to take).

Sent on 12/02/2015
  • User5602065 · 2+ years ago

I have known Brandon since college and knew he would do a killer job as our DJ. He was super easy to work with and walked us through everything we needed to know for our big day! Our first meeting he was prepared and had all the questions ready to go and helped guide us through the process. If you looking for a top shelf experienced DJ for your special day he is the one. Thanks again B-Funk!

Heather · Married on 05/15/2015

Brandon was an amazing DJ. Our guests raved about his variety of music for all ages. He kept people out on the dance floor all evening. He called us the week of to talk about the schedule and any music requests, and he was able to accommodate a last minute change to the sparkler exit. I would highly recommend him for personalized, professional service.

• F

Felicia · Married on 05/02/2015

DJ B-Funk was the DJ for our wedding back in May and he was absolutely amazing! He was so easy to work with. He answered phone calls and emails promptly and made the entire planning process a breeze. We gave him a timeline of events and a list of a few requested songs and then left the rest up to him. He literally ran the show at our reception. He gave direction to the guests when it was time for the wedding party to enter, toasts ,cake cutting, dances.... He kept the crowd going all night. He made the entire event flow so smoothly. We received countless compliments from our guests on how great the music was and how professional he is. I am so glad that we chose him as our DJ and I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND him to anyone.

Sent on 11/19/2015

Made everything perfect on our day. Called me weeks before the wedding, the day before, and also on the wedding day to double check everything. When I needed to talk to him or change something up, it was no problem and did it very smoothly. One of the nicest guys I've had the pleasure of working with. If you want someone who know's how nerve racking a wedding can be, he will not only go to town for you, but make sure your at ease. Overall a great experience! Nothing was pressured; It was all about our wedding.

Michaela · Married on 10/04/2014

As an Ohio University graduate, I had been at venues where Brandon had DJ-ed and always loved the shows. We have been to weddings with bad DJ's and knew it was a top priority to hire someone who not only understood our taste of music but how to keep a crowd energized. Your wedding DJ really is in charge of the "fun" at your reception.

Following our wedding, we heard endless praise about Brandon and I have recommended him more times than I can count to friends and family looking for a DJ! Not only that, our friends who become engage immediately ask me for his name once they start planning their weddings. He was incredibly helpful and professional, worked with us to create a song list with all our favorites, and knew how to keep our guests on the dance floor. I loved how he would find appropriate times to check-in with us to see if we would want a change in tempo, switch to a slow song, what ever it may be.

Brandon was the best decision we made with respect to our wedding and our friends still talk about him. Do yourself a favor, and hire him!!

Rachel · Married on 09/27/2014

One of the best DJs ever!!!!! Love ya Brando!

Carrie Ann · Married on 09/05/2014

DJ B-Funk was the best DJ ever! I've been to weddings before when no one was out on the dance floor and that really worried me for my wedding. I wanted to make sure my DJ was fun and exciting and able to get people out on the dance floor! DJ B-Funk went above and beyond my expectations! He was well-prepared (I needed music indoors and outdoors) and he was extremely professional. But most of all, he was fun and exciting and everyone loved him. I cannot recommend DJ B-Funk enough! Thanks for the wonderful job!

Kaitlin · Married on 08/02/2014

DJ B-Funk was our wedding reception DJ and he did an EXCEPTIONAL job. Before our wedding, DJ B-Funk worked with us to make sure that he understood the kind of music that both my husband and I like, what type of atmosphere/mood we were hoping to convey through the music at our reception, and also made sure he understood the timing and name pronunciations for all of our announcements. During the reception, DJ B-Funk was extremely attentive to our guests and was able to successfully select songs that our guests truly enjoyed while remaining within the specifications we discussed in advance. All of the announcements handled by DJ B-Funk throughout the reception were timely, professional, fun, and most importantly pronounced correctly (we had some difficult names in our wedding party)!
    Although my experience with DJ B-Funk was specifically for our wedding, I would happily and confidently recommend him to anyone looking for a DJ for any occasion! If you are looking for a DJ who knows how to do the job correctly and will work with you to make sure you are happy, contact DJ B-Funk; I promise you will NOT be disappointed!

Kristin · Married on 06/21/2014

Brandon was great and was able to accommodate our venue, and was available on a short notice. I highly recommend him!

Kate · Married on 05/31/2014

Our wedding reception was a huge success thanks to DJ B-Funk! He played all of our favorite songs and kept the party going all night long! We had a full dance floor the entire time. He coordinated everything...from cake cutting to best man/maid of honor speeches to the traditional dances. The whole reception ran smoothly and I didn't have to worry about a thing! Prior to the wedding, he was easy to reach and kept in contact, which made it one less thing for me to stress about. I highly recommend DJ B-Funk for a night full of fun and dancing!

Robin · Married on 05/17/2014

Brandon DJ'd our wedding last year. Since our own wedding we have attended multiple weddings he has DJ'd and a few he's not. He is the difference between a good and a bad party, without a doubt! The day before our wedding my husband wanted to change our first dance song and I was reluctant to make the change even though I agreed with his decision because Brandon had already put in so much work with us to understand what we did and didn't want so I didn't want to upset him. He made the change without hesitation and didn't make us feel like we were inconveniencing him. We had multiple specific requests for songs that needed to be played and Brandon came through playing them all at the right time throughout evening. He isn't just playing the most popular songs at the time- he plays the perfect mix between popular songs, songs older attendees want to hear and must-play wedding songs. We also made a very difficult request of him, and it might sound mean to the readers, but my mother is a HUGE polka fan. My husband and I are not polka fans and we asked Brandon to ignore her requests (for any song she wanted to hear). She knew it was coming but Brandon handled this request with grace.

The day after our wedding, and ever since, we've gotten so many compliments from friends and family for the music we played. I always refer them to Brandon for any occasion!! He made our night so special and memorable. Thank you Brandon!! B-Funk for president!!

E · Married on 09/25/2010

I recommend Brandon to all my friends. He was so easy to work with and did an awesome job. We gave him a few songs we liked and he took care of the rest. Besides being easy to work with, Brandon turned our reception into a party. I still have friends that talk about how much fun they had!

Sent on 11/13/2015

Annie · Married on 07/17/2010

DJ B-Funk was the best!! He was very professional and kept in contact before our wedding. He asked what artists/songs we liked and played all of our favorites. He played exactly the right songs and made our wedding day extra special. We all had a great time on the dance floor and that was thanks to DJ B-Funk. I would recommend him to everyone I know. You can tell that this is his passion and he takes pride in his work. He was a pleasure to work with and I don't think you could find a better DJ than him!!