DJ ALTER EGO Reviews

20 | Lehighton, PA

20 Reviews for DJ ALTER EGO

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Amanda · Getting married on 10/17/2020

Excellent DJ! DJ ALTER EGO provides quality service, equipment, and lighting accessories for a very reasonable price, and is very easy to get in touch with. I was able to view his library and choose a variety of great music for both the young and old alike. If he doesn't have a piece of music you want to be played at the reception, he will get it for you. I would highly recommend DJ ALTER EGO!

Sent on 06/11/2010

Lisa · Married on 10/01/2011

Don did an amazing job. If you have a group that likes to dance and have a good time, I couldn't recommend DJ Alter Ego any higher! He patiently worked with us prior to the wedding to settle all the details and was absolutely great at the reception. He is a complete professional but also eager to make sure everyone had a great time. His wife was also a great help! They were key to making our reception a dance party that we will never forget.

Sent on 10/26/2011

Miranda · Married on 09/10/2011

DJ was PHENOMENAL!!!!! Was patient to deal with the wee bit of rain we had during the outside reception :-) Will most certainly recommend to anyone who asks!!

Sent on 09/13/2011

Destiny · Married on 08/13/2011

DJ Alter ego was great! He and his wife are a great team and everyone commented on how great of a job they did. They kept us on schedule and any request we had they were able to accommodate. I would recommend them to anybody. They were well worth the money. Thanks again!

Sent on 09/11/2011

Dustin · Married on 07/23/2011

Excellent pricing, excellent music, great participation of reception.

Sent on 07/31/2011

Jessica · Married on 05/21/2011

Don was great at our reception. A lot of people were up and dancing. He played music for all types. Everyone was talking about the DJ and reception for days after our wedding. He came to us and made us feel very comfortable. I would recommend him to everyone. Thanks Don!

Sent on 06/15/2011

RoseAnn and Tom · Married on 02/19/2011

Don worked so well with us in helping us to choose the music and in planning the flow of events for our wedding reception. He was very professional in balancing our musical agenda with our guests' requests and provided a musical backdrop for the evening that was complimenting and did not overpower our guests' socialization. Every one of our guests praised the evening as the most "fun" wedding reception they've ever attended. Our reception will always be a wonderful memory thanks to you, Don.

Sent on 03/14/2011

DJ ALTER EGO's reply:

RoseAnn and Tom made me feel so at home like I was an old friend. I sincerely enjoyed every minute spent with the two of you. Thank you so much.

Jamie & Justin · Married on 10/30/2010

DJ Alter Ego is hands down the best bang you can get for your buck! With an extensive, portable library of music to suit all your event guests likes, and the right lighting to get your guests out on the dance floor, why would you choose anyone else? He made our October 30, 2010 wedding reception unforgettable for both ourselves and our guests. I would recommend him to anyone!!! We love you DJ ALTER EGO!!!

3 The Gravers!

Sent on 11/20/2010

Corey · Married on 07/03/2010

DJ alter ego was awesome. He played all the music that we requested of him and he filled in the Blanks where we didn't know what to play. His experience with weddings helped up plan ours better. With the music and lighting shows he kept the party goin alnight. Most of our guest were not dancers including me but we were all out there on the dance floor. As for value Don was the cheapest and went for six hours of music.
    Thank you very much for a great wedding to remember

Sincerely Mr. And Mrs. Corey Styer

Sent on 07/26/2010

DJ ALTER EGO's reply:

Sara and Corey were great to work with and their guests were fantastic. This was the first wedding I've done where the guests were actually doing the "worm" (dance) and having races across the dance floor. Very funny to see!!! Thanks for showing me a great time.
    Sincerely,
    Don

Phillip · Married on 11/14/2009

DJ Alter Ego... Great Job Don! Don did a great job at our Orioles Wedding Reaffirmation Celebration. He is easy to work with and he goes the extra mile to make customers happy. Don did my daughter Taylor Otto's birthday party too a few years ago. He has come a long way since then and he has really taken off in the DJ business. I can't say anything negative about Don. We really enjoyed the DJ services provided for the cost. You can't go wrong with DJ Alter Ego. Keep Rocking Don!!!
    The Otto's
    Phillip & Kimberly

Sent on 11/29/2009

Kara · Married on 10/17/2009

Don was fantastic! There was a great variety of music for all ages. Everything went very smoothly with the anouncements. We were very happy to see our guest having a great time on the dance floor. He was very flexible to meeting with us before the wedding and going over everything. Don is a very friendly curtious guy. His prices were unbeatable, which really helps when planning a wedding. He was very professional and fun. The light show was great, all this kids loved it too!! We coulndn't have asked for a better DJ! My husband and I were extremely satisfied with everything Don did for us!! We highlty recommend him!

Sent on 12/16/2009

Alecia · Married on 07/11/2009

We would absolutely recommend DJ Alter Ego to anyone who is looking for a great dj. Mr. Neff was extremely professional and definitely went above and beyond our expectations. We would like to thank DJ Alter Ego for making our reception such a memorable experience and wish him the best of luck with his Dj'ing. Anyone looking for a DJ...you can't go wrong with DJ Alter Ego. Once again; Thank You!!

Sent on 07/27/2009

yoo · Married on 07/11/2008

great dj, great music, had fun, thanks for being at our wedding Jennie And Chris Chun, July 11,2008

Sent on 07/20/2008

elizabeth · Married on 06/21/2008

DJ Alter Ego is the best Dj service in the area. Very easy to work with. My guests were very pleased because they were provded with fun,entertainment and an unforgettable evening.He had a great music selection,the music sounded excellent. Don and his assistant provided great entertainment and they were true professionals. I would highly recommend DJ ALTER EGO to anyone. THANKS DON YOU ARE THE BEST

Sent on 06/23/2008

Kelly · Married on 06/28/2008

I came from out of state to have my wedding. I was only in town a week before my wedding and we were able to cover all we needed to cover pretty much in one meeting. Dj Alter Ego I would defintely hire again. Great to work with great music and great service for the money. All around awesome DJ service. Once again thank you guys for a great wedding reception. Very professional!!!

Sent on 07/20/2008

Amanda · Married on 05/03/2008

Everyone had a great time! We loved the friendliness and the pictures i was sent afterward were perfect. We would recommend Don to everyone. In fact a couple from out wedding booked him for their wedding in 2 months!

Sent on 05/11/2008

Jessica · Married on 08/01/2009

3.5

Mr. Neff did a great job with our reception! The night started out slow because he was having a little trouble reading the type of music our audience wanted, but once the party started it never ended! He was very professional and did an excellent job meeting with us before the wedding. You can't do any better for the money--hands down! My only suggestion is to make the special events for the evening in a more timely manner. Another thing that I absolutely loved about Mr. Neff was the fact that he stayed--way past his paid tim--just because we were having a blast! Thanks so much for an unforgetable night! Jess & Chad Boyer

Sent on 08/11/2009

DJ ALTER EGO's reply:

I chose songs in the beginning of the reception geared more toward the older guests (70's to 90's stuff) knowing that they normally leave earlier than the younger people present. The special events were all handled early in the evening. We did, however overlook giving away the centerpieces due to the constant requests we were asked to play and I apologize for that. Overall this was one of the top two receptions we have done with a great crowd who danced all night once we hit their stride.

Aaron · Married on 07/12/2008

4.2
      3.5

Only suggestion to improve service is to turn music down or off when doing announcements, guests could not hear most announcements

Sent on 07/22/2008

Jodie · Married on 06/27/2009

3.8
      3.5

DJ Alter Ego did an awesome light presentation( he actally put his lights on the ceiling of the pavilion) and used quality sound equipment. We ran a little late and it may have thrown Don off a bit. So be prompt because he is. Some guests tolds us after the fact they would have preferred more of a dance mix and requested some songs he did not play. Thus, less people on the dance floor. If you use Don, I suggest you allow guests to request songs...after all they are your guests and you want them to enjoy themselves too. Overall he did a nice job.

Sent on 08/11/2009

DJ ALTER EGO's reply:

Bridal party arrived nearly 45 minutes late cutting into our proposed timeline. As far as requests by the guests, we played most of the songs requested with the exception of a few that are not in our music library or that our time alloted didn't allow us to get to due to the late start. We try to play music for every age group present including the older guests. Somewhat disappointed with the 3.9 rating given us.

April · Married on 05/14/2011

0.0

Okay. Now I know this seems harsh, however, I gave Don a list of at least 25 songs that were to be played during my open dancing times at my wedding. Don played ZERO of them! He played all his own crap that he decided to play. He spent a total of at least 6-7 HOURS with us in our home, going over his music collection, where me and my husband told him MANY MANY songs that would be acceptable. We just watched our wedding reception video and we did not know a single song that was played.. He even FORGOT to get the correct father/daughter dance song. OH, also, you could barely hear the music the entire night. I think of my reception as the worst ever because I had a HORRIBLE dj..Oh, and before booking Don, I told him I needed someone that would be able to interact with my crowd, as many do not drink, and I was told that he could definitely do that..well, he did not get off his butt the entire time. Him and his wife, sat in front of the computer ALL night! oh, except for my last dance of the night, they came out and danced...pfft....I seriously do not know how he has so many great reviews, because at my wedding, he was HORRIBLE!

Sent on 11/14/2011

DJ ALTER EGO's reply:

I admit my mistakes -- YES, I did not have your Father/Daughter song ready for your reception (I did find out the next day that it actually was on my computer but was not put into my DJ program) and I am sincerely sorry for that.) A cash refund of $40.00 was given to you that night because I felt you should receive one to in some way make up for that mistake. As far as my interactions with your guests, or lack of, you were told at our meeting that I would verbally encourage your guests to dance but that I am not the entertainer type DJ who leads dances. I do not know what your song list suggestions were as this review was given 6 months after the fact but was under the impression that tentative songs I had shown you were alright to play. Music volume barely enough? That is the first I heard that and nothing was said at the event that it was too low. I am well aware that this was not one of my better receptions but really --- a 0 out of 5? You did not mention anything to me that night about any of this and I sincerely apologize for having made you feel this way about our services. In light of this review, I will be considering recording my meetings with future customers and video taping their receptions so that 6 months down the road, after the event I can be clear as to what was agreed upon and not have to rely on my memory. I take each customers comments to heart and work to not repeat mistakes I have made in the past.