DJ Alex Reed Reviews

DJ Alex Reed 4
DJ Alex Reed 5

Molly Hintz · Married on 05/17/2019

DJ Alex Reed

DJ Alex Reed was amazing to work with from the beginning of the planning process through the end of our wedding night!! We met with him a month before the reception to tell him our song picks as well as the type of music we would like to have played the night of our reception. He listened to request and made sure not to play a lot of rap and focus on classic rock songs!! Alex is a fabulous MC and DJ. He does a great job sticking to the timeline. Our reception was a Friday night and we wanted to make sure people went through the buffet line right after the wedding party made their entrance. EXACTLY that happened! Everyone was going through the buffet line starting at 7:30pm. Alex is a master at his craft and I would recommend him time and time again to newly engaged couples looking for a DJ!

Sent on 06/17/2019
  • Abby

Abby · Married on 04/13/2019

Alex is great!

Alex was so great from the beginning to the night of the reception! He was so easy to work with and so responsive! I would recommend him to everyone! Everyone is still talking about how great the music was!

Sent on 06/11/2019
  • Allie

Allie Bakke · Married on 12/31/2018

Fantastic DJ!

We cannot say enough good things about DJ Alex Reed! I can truly say that our wedding would not have been the same without him, I don’t think another DJ or Band could have done half of a good of job as he did! We got married on this past New Year’s Eve and so it was quite the job to make sure that our dancefloor was bumping from after dinner to midnight and Alex did not disappoint! Not only were people constantly dancing, the dancefloor was packed for the entire wedding with people of all ages! DJ Alex Reed met with us personally a couple of months before our wedding and he truly listened to all of our music preferences and incorporated all of our favorite musicians and genres (and we are kind of picky about music) into the playlist the entire night! He truly has a gift for being able to please everyone by mixing wedding classics with new music and also adding in the bride and groom’s favorite music as well! On top of being a fantastic DJ and artist, DJ Alex Reed is a very easy to work with and well organized. He was always on top of the wedding timeline and kept things moving through the ceremony, dinner, speeches and dances without a hitch! Our guests are still talking about how fun our wedding was and how the dancefloor never stopped and we have DJ Alex Reed to thank for that! I cannot recommend DJ Alex Reed enough for your wedding, you will not regret it!

Sent on 03/03/2019

Megan F. · Married on 11/30/2018

Best DJ in Kansas City!

DJ Alex was amazing! He was the DJ for our wedding in November and came highly recommended from our wedding coordinator. During the planning process he was easy to work with and quick to respond to questions. On the day of he really took over and set the entire mood and pace for the night! The music was exactly what I asked for and the dance floor was full all night! I would recommend him to anyone planning a wedding!

Sent on 02/11/2019

Jacob Garman-Davenport · Married on 10/13/2018

The Best in KC!

Alex is hands down the best DJ in the area. Alex not only plays the best music and keeps the crowd moving all night long but he is a great guy. He takes charge and keeps the night moving along smoothly by making announcements and managing a perfect timeline.
    If you are looking for the best DJ around- Alex is the guy!

Sent on 12/14/2018

Adam · Married on 10/06/2018

Look No Further for a Wedding DJ

I hired Alex to DJ our wedding last year. As it turned out, Alex was unable to perform the night of our wedding as a good friend of his was getting married the same night. Not to be deterred, Alex recommended DJ Jason—who works with Alex—to us. As my wife and I worked out our the cadence of the ceremony with Jason over a few meetings at local coffee shops, Alex remained directly involved and answered every question we had and was proactive about sending us information that would help the ceremony go as smoothly as possible. DJ Jason and Alex were always punctual and always respectful of our time and needs for the ceremony and actively helped us customize the entertainment portion of the evening and the timing of certain events. Jason played the music we specified, listened to what we didn’t want to hear, and expanded on our choices on the fly during the reception. He was highly intuitive to what the crowd liked and kept the dance floor packed all night. Alex arrived before the ceremony to set up the photo booth we asked for and arrived after the reception to take it down. Absolutely recommend Alex Reed and DJ Jason to the fullest!

Sent on 10/15/2018
  • Danielle

Danielle · Married on 09/16/2018

Alex was AMAZING! We used him for our Ceremony, Reception and also Photo Booth. He is extremely professional, and works hard to ensure that he is fitting all of your needs/wants. The sound for the ceremony was impeccable, my guests were so happy they could actually hear (our wedding was outdoors at Terrace on Grand)! His musical selection kept people on the dance floor all night long! And the photo booth photos are high quality, and can be sent as .GIF files - pretty awesome!

I highly recommend Alex, he made our night perfect.

Sent on 10/03/2018

Ryan Chmill · Married on 09/02/2018

Best DJ in KC!

Alex was perfect for our wedding day! Everyone from young kids to our grandparents were on the dance floor the whole night. We didn't give Alex much direction in the music we wanted to be played, and he played a great selection! Our friends were all raving about how fun the dance floor was. In addition to the great music he played, Alex offered lighting which helped to make the venue look even better, and he was able to set us up to have live music during the ceremony! Alex is super friendly and very well organized, I would highly recommend him!

Sent on 12/06/2018

Carrie · Married on 08/10/2018

Alex met with us twice and played all the songs we requested. More than that, he kept the wedding on track and took ques from family and friends and adjusted everything so it was just right. He is so nice to work with!!

Sent on 08/11/2018

Katie · Married on 07/28/2018

Alex went above and beyond to help make our day perfect. Everyone loved the music he selected for dancing...he truly exceeded our expectations. The photo booth was also a huge hit with our guests! I could not recommend him enough!

Sent on 06/26/2018

Laura · Married on 06/16/2018

THE BEST DECISION! Alex was always so nice and understanding when we were going through the wedding planning process. We had no idea of songs we did/didn't want played at our wedding and just told Alex to do his thing and we trusted him. HE ABSOLUTELY killed it! I can't tell you the number of people that came up to us at/after the wedding telling us they had never heard a better DJ!

We had Willie the Wildcat come to the wedding (bride: KSU cheerleader, groom: yelleader) and Alex took all the great KSU related songs and played them without us evening asking/telling him! Of course he even played Sandstone!

I am just hoping we have a reason to use Alex as a DJ again sometime! You will NOT regret it if you use him!

Sent on 09/14/2018

lakeitha · Married on 05/11/2018

We used DJ Alex for our wedding earlier in May and he was amazing. We clicked from our first meeting, he is easy to work with and definitely
    knows his stuff. some of our guest couldn't believe he was the MC as well. He helped make the night run as smooth as possible. We also used his photo booth which was a huge hit with my our guest everyone loved it, it was very updated and nice. I highly recommend.

Sent on 05/31/2018

Suzi · Married on 05/05/2018

Not only was he very professional in his services but Alex has a great personality which makes it very easy to work with
    him. We enjoyed Alex working our photo booth but he was our D.J. at our after party and he did a great job with that as well. I would highly recommend using his services. As the mother of the bride speaking he really made my life very easy and he made my daughter and son-in-law very happy.

Sent on 05/29/2018

Kylie · Married on 04/28/2018

DJ Alex Reed was absolutely amazing! I have gotten a ton of compliments from my wedding guests, they all want to know who my DJ was. I would totally recommend him to anyone looking for someone to DJ their event! He was so good at reading the crowd and keeping everyone engaged. His communication was spot on, as well. He was quick to reply to any question we had and put any concerns we had to rest immediately. 5/5 stars!

Sent on 05/21/2018

Sam · Married on 04/14/2018

Alex was one of the best decisions my husband and I made in our wedding! He listened to our thoughts, ideas, and suggestions all the while putting his creative spin to everything we requested. He kept the party going all night long - there was NEVER an empty dance floor! As a fellow wedding vendor, I know how important a good DJ is! They can make or break a reception and going with alex was the best decision! Our guests continue to talk about how great he was and my husband and I couldn’t be more pleased with our time with Alex! You can’t go wrong with DJ Alex!

Sent on 05/18/2018

Heather · Married on 03/24/2018

DJ Alex Reed was incredible - He is a complete professional throughout the entire planning process and then keeps the dance floor full all night. I cannot say enough wonderful things about him. We had a blast and all of our guests did as well!!!

Sent on 03/27/2018

Brooklyn · Married on 12/29/2017

He did such an awesome job! He did both our ceremony music and our reception music. He was able to keep everything on schedule for the wedding and keep the dance floor going!

When we meet with him before the wedding he has a lot of great suggestions and ideas for us. I went in completely unsure of what I wanted and he gave me a lot of suggestions!

I would highly recommend him to anyone who was looking for a DJ!!

Sent on 01/11/2018

Hannah · Married on 12/09/2017

A good DJ can make or break your wedding and Alex made our night amazing! He intuitively kept the flow of the dance floor going all night long. One of my biggest fears about the night was that people wouldn’t have fun, but Alex made sure they did. We had so many guests tell us that our DJ killed it. Another concern I had when hiring a DJ was the level of “corny,” because I had been to weddings with some pretty corny DJs: again, Alex exceeded expectations and was super cool and hip and not corny at all. Additionally, he was super responsive, professional, and easy to work with. I HIGHLY recommend that you hire Alex for your wedding or event.

Sent on 01/04/2018

Kelsey · Married on 11/03/2017

Alex did absolutely amazing with our wedding! Everything was so organized and ran very smoothly. He has great energy and an amazing personality, not one negative thing to say. Would highly recommend!

Sent on 11/06/2017

Kristina · Married on 10/21/2017

Alex was a fantastic DJ!!! The dance floor was full from the time he started playing music until the end of the night. The variety of music he played was perfect for all age groups present. He also was very professional with MCing prior to dance music. He was able to accommodate my not living in KC during wedding planning by video chatting with me. I completely trusted him with the entire evening. I have already given his information to several wedding guests as everyone thought he did an awesome job!! If you are looking for a DJ in the KC area, he is your guy!!

Sent on 12/07/2017

Ashley · Married on 10/06/2017

100% YES! I was referred to DJ Alex Reed by a friend who's wedding he worked (he did great!!!). Alex was already booked so he set me up with Jason Falon, DJ Hydan. Jason did an incredible job at our wedding. He read our guests perfectly and even played piano during our cocktail hour. He really brought the party and perfect flow to the reception. Both Jason and Alex were very accommodating and made sure our wedding day was perfect. Highly recommended!!!

Sent on 10/18/2017
  • User6552023 · 2+ years ago

Alex was referred to me by a friend that used him for her wedding. He came highly recommended and did not disappoint! Alex was super easy to work with right from the beginning! He listened to my requests and ideas and helped make them possible! He made my dream wedding into a party and did a FANTASTIC job! I will be recommending him to all of my friends!

Sent on 03/23/2017

Mary · Married on 09/22/2017

Wow .... Alex was amazing as a DJ and MC for our daughter's wedding reception. He was very professional and arrived very early and had everything set up. He was very organized and followed a timeline from everything from dinner, toasts, special dances to keeping everyone energized from the selection of music he chose and keeping everyone on the dance floor until the end of the night. We definitely, made the best choice by choosing Alex for Sarah and Grant's celebration. Alex definitely made it a "party" and everyone commented how much fun the reception was! You can't go wrong with Alex! Thanks, again!!

Sent on 09/28/2017

Jenny · Married on 09/09/2017

Alex is so great! He plays awesome music, keeps everyone on the dance floor and keeps everything running smoothly! Everyone loved him! He made our reception the best wedding ever!

Sent on 09/13/2017

Eric · Married on 08/26/2017

We had actually already booked our DJ for our wedding but we wanted to make sure our guests had a fun time with a real DJ at our reception so about 2 and a half months before the wedding I asked Alex if his services were available for our date. Alex could not DJ the wedding but he had another DJ that he expressed his highest confidence in. Alex introduced us to Jason who would be the DJ for the night and between the two of them it made this part of planning our wedding one of the least stressful parts. The day of the wedding they told us that they would be at the venue at a specific time and everything was delivered as expected. Jason was flexible during the reception as unique situations came up and the music transitioned perfectly like it was planned the whole time. I could not recommend these guys more!

Sent on 09/09/2017