Diva Matters Ministry Reviews

96 | Portland, OR

96 Reviews for Diva Matters Ministry

Kelsey · Married on 07/03/2021

Dee was absolutely amazing. She went above and beyond to make our day extra special. She listened to all of our ideas and wants and turned our ceremony into something extraordinary. She is so kind and sweet and really knows what she is doing.

Sent on 08/09/2016
  • Lee

Lee B. · Married on 10/04/2020

October 2020 Wedding

We didn't speak with many ministers before we met with Rev. Dee and hired her for our wedding, in fact, she was the only one we met with. Just from the first meeting we knew she was a perfect fit. We had some non-traditional and unconventional ideas for our wedding, along with trying to host it during COVID, and she delivered exactly what we had asked and then some. Fantastic work, great value, and a pleasure to work with.

Sent on 10/12/2020
  • Cherish

Cherish B. · Married on 08/21/2020

Perfect ceremony

Dee put together a really special elopement ceremony for us. The day was perfect and we couldn’t have asked for a better person to marry us. Thank you!!

Sent on 10/29/2020
  • Kristine

Kristine G. · Married on 06/27/2020

Rev. Dee was terrific!

She was flexible and worked with us as we navigated our way through planning a Covid wedding. She cares and is passionate about making sure that your ceremony is special and exactly what you want it to be. We can’t recommend her enough!

Sent on 10/20/2020
  • Samantha

Samantha V. · Married on 11/02/2019

Beautiful Ceremony and Beautiful all around

Rev Dee is honestly so lovely and so great to work with. Always flexible and willing to help where she can, she made our special day even more special. The ceremony she performed was beautiful and she was just a joy to work with. My husband and I knew from the get go that she would be the one to help us bring in our special day, as you walk in she makes you feel loved and helps make every aspect of the process beautiful. Both my husband and I decided to write our vows and Rev Dee helped with every aspect of that as well, even providing some inspiration to help the process. The day of the wedding, the ceremony she performed was so beautiful. I am so glad that we had Rev Dee officiate our wedding, I cannot imagine our wedding without her.

Sent on 11/14/2019

Brandy B. · Married on 10/26/2019

Fall Fairytale

Dee helped make the wedding of our dreams. She was so helpful from the moment we met her. We would recommend her services to anyone!

Sent on 10/28/2019
  • Rebecca

Rebecca · Married on 10/13/2019

We loved working with Dee!

Working with Rev. Dee was a great experience, and she was amazing to have during our ceremony! She took the time to really understand what we wanted for our ceremony and put great effort into creating a ceremony that was perfectly unique to us! It's in the little details that you can really tell how much she cares about the couples she works with, from providing printed out copies of our vows, to making sure her outfit coordinates with our wedding colors. Even her office is full of thank you cards and pictures of the couples she's worked with. We absolutely loved having her as a part of our special day, and had several guests mention how great she was during the ceremony. We cannot recommend her enough for couples who want an officiant who is passionate about what they do!

Sent on 10/28/2019

Amy R. · Married on 10/05/2019

Dynamic, Amazing, Caring Officiant!

Dee is the best! We loved having her officiate our wedding ceremony! We feel so blessed! She is caring, thoughtful, kind, and optimistic. Our ceremony was heartfelt and had such beautiful energy! We highly recommend Dee!!!

Sent on 10/13/2019
  • Kimberlie

Kimberlie · Married on 08/25/2019

Absolutely amazing!

Dee is hands down the most friendly outgoing officiant I've ever had the chance to meet! She really takes the time to get to know you and your partner! My husband and I love her! Highly recommended her!!!!!

Sent on 09/03/2019

Kathrine C. · Married on 08/03/2019

Dee rocks!!

Dee makes getting married easy! She listened to us describe ourselves and the ceremony we envisioned. She helped us fill in the gaps. She brought the perfect energy and warmth to our special day. She is great to work with!!

Sent on 10/25/2019
  • Dena

Dena P. · Married on 07/07/2019

Great Experience!

Reverend D , made us feel very comfortable from the first meeting and was able to capture my now husbands and I relationship perfectly.

Sent on 10/10/2019

Melissa M. · Married on 09/27/2018

The Perfect Beach Wedding

I contacted Dee when planning an out-of-state (for me), small beach wedding-- with just under 6 weeks notice! Dee was incredibly responsive from the get go, and spent almost an hour on the phone with me the first time we spoke. She answered late night and early morning communications willingly, and I always felt we could count on her to do everything to make our day perfect. She spend much time customizing our ceremony and helping us with decisions regarding our vows.

The day went off without a hitch. My only regret is that we didn't work on some sound equipment, as several family members stated they couldn't hear our ceremony. This was something I hadn't thought to ask for unfortunately.

The ceremony was beautiful, and Dee did a great job. Hopefully my husband and I won't be needing her services personally in the future, but I would 100% recommend her to anyone (and everyone!)

Sent on 11/07/2018

Tracey · Married on 09/02/2018

Our wedding was perfect! She tailored our service to fit us and our lifestyle. No complaints and everything was perfect!!

Sent on 09/11/2018

Caitlin · Married on 07/17/2018

Rev. Dee was everything we could of hoped for in an officiant and more. The ceremony she helped create for us brought everyone to tears. We loved working with her, we felt so comfortable with her, and can’t thank her enough! No matter the wedding big or small, Rev. Dee is absolutely amazing. Anyone who is reading this and is planing a wedding, it is a definite yes on having Rev. Dee be part of your special day!!!!

Sent on 08/05/2018

Joanna · Married on 07/01/2018

Rev. Dee was incredible. She was so sweet and so flexible with our schedule. She showed so much sensitivity and interest in who we were as a couple and our desires for vows and really made the whole experience very unique to us.

Sent on 07/10/2018

Jim · Married on 04/08/2018

As Eric and I started looking for a wedding officiant, we found a list of about 10. After reading the bios we narrowed it down to three we wanted to interview. Rev. Dee Richardson of Diva Matters Ministry is the first and final officiant with whom we met. After less than two minutes in her office visiting with her, we both knew Dee is who we wanted for our ceremony. We were married April 8, 2018 and our service was absolutely perfect and flawless. Rev. Dee was by far the best officiant we could have chosen. She included us in the development of our ceremony and gave us some guidance in writing our own vows. She incorporated some readings we had chosen because they had important meaning to Eric and I. We met twice with Dee, once for the introduction and the second time, to finalize the service. Our colors were red, white and black and Dee went so far as to send us pics of two possible outfits she would wear and asked for our input. If we had a question or wanted feedback on a version of our vows, of which there were several, Dee always got back to us almost immediately. Thanks to Dee, our service was personal, deeply meaningful for us, and absolutely perfect in every way.

Sent on 04/16/2018

Justine · Married on 12/08/2017

She did a fantastic job and were truly blessed to have found her!! she is by far the best officiant there is! Friendly and fun and top notch!

Sent on 12/20/2017

Ashlee · Married on 11/04/2017

My husband is a disabled veteran and has a hard time with people. We met up with Dee and instantly he told me "i want her to do our wedding!" we booked her right away. She was the absolute best to work with, she was sweet and helpful. The day came of our wedding and i can honestly say it was 100% perfect. It was due to rain but my heart was set on an outside ceremony. It did not rain but it sure was cold. Multiple family members have told me this was hands down the best ceremony they have ever heard. The ceremony was so beautiful and perfect not a single person even realized it was 30* outside. Dee hands down is the best minister i have met with. She does not just perform your ceremony, she lives it, she feels it.. I have never been to a wedding where a minister has so much emotion and love and feeling for what she is saying. It was absolutely beautiful and perfect. I highly recommend Dee to any couple looking for an amazing minister who shows love and passion in what she is doing!

Sent on 11/18/2017

Jules · Married on 10/27/2017

Solis and I were really nervous about finding an officiant for our wedding... but Reverend Dee went above and beyond any and all hopes we could have had. Both of us are nonbinary individuals who use they/them pronouns, and Rev. Dee was extremely respectful of us and helped create a ceremony that didn’t use any gender specific language (like husband/wife.) She is an excellent communicator and was so kind and accommodating, she did a read through of the ceremony beforehand and made sure we were 100% comfortable. I would recommend her to anyone in a heartbeat!

Sent on 10/29/2017

Julia · Married on 08/19/2017

Rev. Dee is such a warm and engaging person, we were very grateful to have found her. She was highly recommended to us by the owner of our wonderful wedding venue, Opal28, and we couldn’t have been happier. Dee gave us tremendous peace of mind that the ceremony would be performed seamlessly and would represent us beautifully and authentically. She was very supportive and respectful throughout the process. She was proactive, asking very insightful questions from the outset to get a sense of who we are as a couple. Her writing immediately reflected her understanding of our relationship and us and she weaved in our additions and revisions seamlessly to truly make it our own. We really enjoyed meeting her with my husband’s daughter and my stepdaughter in advance of the ceremony to review the content and to get to know each other better. She welcomed us in her beautiful office and gave us further peace of mind. We were touched that she also cared about what we were wearing and was not only very complimentary, but also chose wardrobe for herself that went beautifully with the wedding party color palette. All these thoughtful touches meant a lot. She is a true professional and we felt in good hands from the beginning until the end. We couldn’t possibly recommend her more highly and will always have fond memories of our special day with her.

Julia & Gilles

Sent on 09/10/2017

Khristeen · Married on 05/28/2017

Rev. Dee is AMAZING! First meeting we fell in love with her, she was warm and inviting. We where so impressed with Dee that we cancelled our meeting with another Officiant and signed with her. Very prompt in response, very professional. Dee made our wedding day GREAT! We love how she made our ceremony what we wanted, our family and guests have also said good things about her. If you need an Officiant look no further than Diva Matters Ministry. Thank you Dee :-D <3 <3

Sent on 06/06/2017

Jennifer · Married on 04/29/2017

I started off telling my fiancé, we would find wedding officiants with the best reviews and meet with 2 or 3 before making a decision.. Reverend Dee was the first we met with and we were sold! We didn't need to meet anyone else! From initially chatting with her in cute and inviting office space, to offering catering recommendations, offering to find us a reasonable photographer, a well put-together folder to take home, on examples of what could be said in our ceremony and tips on how to write our vows... even wanting to know details like our color palettes or accessories in our wedding so that she could blend seamlessly, making for great pictures..! Dee covered it all!!! I have not one critique I could possibly muster. She is warm and personable and was social at our wedding and after reception. She was even very friendly to my father, who can be quite an (unintentionally) offensive character and often difficult to interact with his big personality! He LOVED her! It's impossible not to!! My husband and I both said she was the best part of our wedding process. I'm so glad the Universe brought us to her. THANK YOU INFINITELY, DEE!!!

Sent on 06/12/2017

Anita · Married on 04/23/2017

Dee was a great addition to our wedding weekend. I loved that she took the time to get to know us, and some of our family, enabling her to truly individualize our ceremony. I spend 9 years doing improv on stage, and she was able to keep up with most of our quips. So grateful for an easy, quick, and fun ceremony.

Sent on 05/07/2017

Melanie · Married on 11/12/2016

We booked Dee without having met her. My husband and I were planning the wedding from a different state and only had phone calls to take care of hiring someone. We talked with several officiants, but Dee's warmth was immediately apparent. Rather than telling us how we should do things, she totally let us take the lead and really shape how things came together. However, she had great ideas when needed. I really think she captured the essence of us as a couple even after just one phone call.

She came and greeted me while I was getting ready, which was the first time we had met. I felt like old friends. I would definitely recommend using her services!

Sent on 11/17/2016

Mackenzie · Married on 10/15/2016

Dee is extremely kind and thoughtful in working with you to create a ceremony that fits your relationship. She is a joy to work with and be around, very responsive by email. She's very experienced and prepared for anything, she has answers to all your logistical questions and knows what to ask you that you hadn't even thought of in order to make your day special. Our families loved her as well, my parents were brought back to their own wedding day by the spirit of the ceremony, which was extra fitting as they'd just had their anniversary. Hiring Dee made ceremony planning nearly stress free.

Sent on 10/27/2016