Distinctive Weddings Reviews

Distinctive Weddings 5
Distinctive Weddings 6
Distinctive Weddings 7

Abel · Married on 06/16/2018

I give Mr. Narrow 5 stars . Very satisfied with his services. Affordable and worth every dollar! Couldn’t of asked for anything more romantic on the beach.

Dan · Married on 06/15/2018

We had six weeks to plan a wedding in Maui and hired Joseph Narrowe as our officiant. With no real understanding of how to go about doing this, Joseph was extremely helpful in helping us select a beach location that was away from the crowds and quite beautiful. Furthermore, he tailored and wrote our wedding vows; personalizing them and speaking to us and our relationship. He embraced and understood the significance of the moment, and for that we are grateful. Additionally, he allowed us to bring in our own photographer (someone we hired from the island), which made for a seamless and perfect wedding.

Erin · Married on 05/19/2018

Reverend Joseph married my husband and I on May 19, 2018 (in Kapalua, Maui), and words cannot describe how pleased we were with the ceremony he wrote and delivered. He was such an important part of our big day and we’re so grateful we found him! We first heard about Joseph through a referral, and fortunately were able to meet him and spend some quality time together before our wedding (as we live in Los Angeles and were planning a wedding from afar). Within the first 10 minutes of meeting Joseph, my husband and I intuitively knew he was the one i.e. the right minister for us. He casts a warm, welcoming and friendly vibe that makes you feel like he’s an old friend. Joseph also is intelligent and wise, and we appreciated the frank and profound things he had to say about marriage, as well as what he suggested we reflect on when writing our vows. We instantly clicked with his fun-loving sense of humor, too! Regarding the experience of creating our wedding ceremony – from start to finish, his professionalism, experience and insight, served as a great guide and support. After completing his wedding questionnaire (which was super helpful), he sent us the ceremony and we literally had no requests for revision or edits – it was perfect! The ceremony included everything we wanted and had the balance of the different sentiments we were looking for, to say the least. I also should mention we received so many compliments about Joseph from our wedding guests, so it was even more special to know they genuinely enjoyed the ceremony as well. Joseph is an amazing person, who my husband and I now call our dear friend – and as a minister, deserves more than a 5-star review! :)

Emily · Married on 05/11/2018

Joseph was so helpful when it came to customizing our ceremony. He gave examples for us to get inspired by when we were writing our own vows. Joseph is calm and very down to earth, talking with him feels like you're talking to a long time friend. We are so happy with how our ceremony turned out.

Malia · Married on 05/06/2018

Joseph Narrowe and I spoke for the first time through the phone. Living in Indiana while the wedding would be in Hawaii was going to be a tricky thing, however Joseph did not let that stop him from contacting and welcoming us. Not only was he kind and understanding, you could really tell this meant something special to him. He did not come to just do his job but as a friend who wanted wished two people the world's happiness. Truly he is an example of what the Aloha Spirit is! And as you can imagine the wedding ceremony was perfect. Well, at least on his part. His patience with our clumsiness however was very warm and professional.

Thank you so much Joseph for everything you've done for us.

Distinctive Weddings 8
    Distinctive Weddings 9
    Distinctive Weddings 10

Marcella · Married on 04/21/2018

Joseph is a wonderful person! Made our special day unique and unforgettable!

Austin · Married on 04/01/2018

Joseph performed our Maui beach wedding with professionalism. We appreciated the way he personalized it to fit us and our story. He made the dream of getting married in Hawaii a reality by taking care of the details and giving clear direction on what we needed to do.

Emma · Married on 02/19/2018

My husband and I tied the knot in Maui on February 20, 2018 and were married by Reverend Joseph Narrowe. We couldn't be happier with Joseph's services to us for our special day. He was so kind and genuine, and completely put us at ease before and during the ceremony. He helped us navigate the steps to getting married oversees without a wedding planner, which was a major bonus for us. The best part of having Joseph perform our wedding was how he helped us to create the perfect ceremony that suited exactly our personalities and what we envisioned. We wanted a spiritual, non-religious ceremony and he really captured that for us and was able to make it very personal and intimate. We would highly recommend Joseph to anyone looking to get married in Maui in a heart beat. Thank you Joseph for the wonderful memories we will always cherish of our perfect day!

-Emma & David

JOSH · Married on 01/31/2018

Joseph was the officiant at our wedding in Maui and he was wonderful!

As we started to evaluate different individuals to officiate our wedding, Joseph really set himself apart. He was really adamant that the ceremony was about us and helped us think through the perfect balance of what we wanted in our ceremony -- taking into account the personal, religious and family aspects that we wanted to include.

In addition, neither of us had been to Maui before and Joseph was very helpful in identifying beach locales for our ceremony and providing feedback on those locations that others had recommended.

We really struck-up a genuine relationship with Joseph and would recommend him to anyone!

Scott · Married on 01/15/2018

Aloha, I generally don't review or comment on service providers. However, in the case of Joseph Narrowe I must make an exception because he is and was truly exceptional. Many, many months ago Barbara and I planned our annual trip to the Islands. As our departure to Maui drew near we decided to add an event--our wedding. Fortunately we found Joseph. He took the time to get to know us, asked all the right questions and composed a beautiful, highly personal and meaningful ceremony. He then braved the traffic to West Maui, obtained the beach permit and perfectly performed our lovely beach wedding. We couldn't be happier.
    Mahalo Joseph.
    Barb and Scott

chris · Married on 12/26/2017

Joseph made the entire experience peaceful, meaningful with his kindness and professionalism, and a lot of fun on a day that should be pure/fun/deep/true. He is prompt, concerned, and complete in every manner, the location was spot on and beyond epic. We wanted a quiet, secluded, on the beach relaxed ceremony.......Joseph delivered and then some.....it was a magical experience. Thank you Joseph!

Chris and Kristina

Kristen · Married on 11/27/2017

We booked the elopement package at the Four Seasons in Maui and Joseph was recommended by our event coordinator Stephanie. We were looking for a non-religious ceremony and Joseph was happy to work with us on a script that fit our relationship and values. Joseph gave our ceremony a personal touch and really put us at ease through the entire process.

Hillary · Married on 10/15/2017

We could not have asked for a better officiant. Joseph is a truly wonderful person who made our wedding day so special. My (now) husband and I decided to elope on Maui at Leilani Farm Sanctuary. We saw that Joseph had wonderful reviews online and decided to give him a call. We had a great phone conversation with him and he told us what we could expect, and we were excited to move forward with having him officiate our wedding. We then met in person when we got to Maui and he was very flexible and emphasized he wanted to work around our schedule. We got a cup of coffee and he was incredibly kind and warm. It was great to meet him before the wedding day. On the day of the wedding, Joseph exuded a calm warmth that put us at ease and set the tone for a wonderful wedding. The day was perfect - it was a beautiful day among rescued animals in a beautiful setting, and Joseph was a huge part of why our day went so smoothly. His ceremony was beautiful, and I would highly recommend him. Thank you, Joseph, for officiating our special day.

Distinctive Weddings 11
    Distinctive Weddings 12
    Distinctive Weddings 13
    Distinctive Weddings 14
    Distinctive Weddings 15

Bret · Married on 10/11/2017

Victoria and I were fortunate enough to have Joseph Narrowe be the officiant on our special day. Joseph wasn’t just doing this as his job, he truly cared to meet and spend time getting to know us prior to performing the ceremony. After spending a couple pleasurable hours talking with him over coffee, we left feeling that we now had a “friend” officiating our wedding as opposed to a stranger.

During that time, we went through the ceremony that he would be performing and he took the time to help us tailor it to be our unique ceremony which made the day even more special. Even as a nondenominational officiant, he performed a beautiful Jewish wedding ceremony for us which was even better than we could have hoped. It had all the traditional things that we wanted without having it be overly religious, as my wife and I view our Judaism more as our heritage than that of a strict religion.

As my wife and I drove back to our hotel after our meeting we both felt great that we had an officiant who had also become our friend and frankly is a very cool man.

During the actual ceremony, he took the time to make sure we were feeling comfortable. He even had the foresight to give me some tissues to put in my pocket so that when my wife began to cry I looked like a chivalrous hero as I took out and handed her the tissues.

We would recommend any and everyone to use Joseph regardless of your religious affiliation. He will make sure that your ceremony is exactly what you would like it to be. He is a man who truly cares about what he does and the people that he does it for yet he is also friendly and light hearted who is dedicated in assuring that you get the ceremony of your dreams.

Thank you very much Joseph. We are happy and lucky that we had you as our officiant.

Dan · Married on 05/19/2017

Being from Brooklyn, NY, when my (now) wife and I decided to get married with just a few close friends and family on Maui, finding the right wedding vendors became very important, and extremely difficult. And for a wedding with 12 guests, finding the perfect officiant seemed like the most important task that we had.
    After searching the internet and finding a few hopeful candidates, we discovered Joseph. Immediately, his vibe seemed to sit just right with us. We contacted him via email, and right away we appreciated his communication style and general attitude.
    When we finally spoke with him, we knew that we had found the perfect officiant, and we booked him right away. It was the right call.
    When we finally got to Maui, we got in touch, and he was very friendly and we walked through the details of the ceremony. We didn't even get to meet him until the day of the wedding, but when he rolled in it was like he was a member of the family; calm, cool, friendly, and relaxed. He really epitomized the Hawaiian vibe that we were looking for.
    The ceremony itself was perfect, it was the right length, the perfect mix of seriousness and comedy, and the chill vibe that he created blended just right with the small ceremony on the beach.
    If you're looking for a super chill wedding officiant, I can't recommend Joseph enough. He even wanted to get together a few days after the wedding for coffee. Such a good dude!

Dana · Married on 05/11/2017

Joseph went above and beyond to make our wedding day special and memorable. He helped us pick the perfect destination spot, as we were unfamiliar with Hawaii beaches. He was punctual, responsive and so thoughtful throughout the process. I highly recommend him for your big day!

Chandrena · Married on 05/03/2017

My husband Brandon and I were looking to get married in Maui. We had hired another person to organize our special day and it ended up being a total nightmare. With only a few weeks until the date we found Distinctive Weddings Maui-Joesph Narrowe. He put us both at ease on our first conversation. Joesph recommended the perfect florist for the bouquet and lei's. He put so much passion and effort into every single detail of our ceremony. Joesph and the photographer worked together to set up the perfect spot on the beach for us. Our ceremony was completely customized for us. It's was absolutely perfect! I will forever be grateful to him for rescuing after our first experience us and giving us the most beautiful ceremony I could have ever asked for! It was beyond our expectations! He even sent us a copy in the mail of of our ceremony! Joesph is a class act! He is very passionate about what he does and I would recommend his services to anyone who is planning a destination wedding!
    Thank you Joseph for a perfect wedding!
    Chandrena Brockway

Michelle · Married on 02/28/2017

We found Joseph through our event planner Pam. He is just wonderful. He specializes in many different types of ceremonies, but my fiancé Casey and I are non-religious. It was very important to us that our ceremony be a reflection of our love. Joseph took the time to meet with us before writing our ceremony vows, he also had us complete a questionnaire so he could better understand our relationship and what is important to us. He included several quotes and poems about love. Including some from one of my favorite poets, Rumi. The ceremony was beautiful and authentic, we just loved it. I highly recommend Joseph for his professionalism, and overall passion for true love.

Chieh Min · Married on 09/25/2016

We were referred to Joseph by our wedding coordinator and we could not be any happier with our choice. We had talked to a few officiants who were able to perform an interfaith wedding and Joseph made us feel the most at ease with his easy going and friendly attitude. Joseph was extremely responsive whenever we had questions and he also put a lot of thought into making the ceremony as personable and intimate as possible.

I would highly recommend Joseph to anyone who is looking for a top notch wedding officiant in Maui!

Adam · Married on 09/17/2016

Joseph made our wedding authentic to our needs and religious background. There was a sense of warmth and love created with his message which resonated throughout the guests and it turned out to be beautiful. With the sun setting perfectly in Maui, he started our evening the BEST way possible and we would recommend him for all your needs! Thank you again!

Nina · Married on 07/18/2016

Joseph saved the day! We were introduced to Joseph and had a tight timeline to find an officiant before the big day. Joseph was willing to meet with us and took the time to get to know us as a couple. He asked questions to better understand what was important for our ceremony and was very helpful in planning the logistics. We had a specific vision in mind for our ceremony and Joseph was willing to make our vision come to reality.

During the ceremony Joseph was professional, warm, kind and comforting. He put both my husband and I at ease almost instantly and took the time to talk to our guests and make them feel welcome. The ceremony went off without a hitch. Joseph eloquently incorporated what was important to us with the essential parts of a marriage ceremony. Our guests loved his personality and engaging nature.

We are forever grateful to Joseph for making our ceremony perfect. There is no better choice for an officiant on the Island!

Stevie · Married on 05/10/2016

My husband Jamie & I were looking to get married in Maui, but had no idea how we were going to plan it or how to find a reliable person to marry us, until I ran across Joseph Narrowe. I saw Joseph’s website and decided to give him a call, after a LONG conversation with him I knew he was the one- the one to marry us that is. While on the phone he put every worry or concern that I had to ease, and said he would plan it all and take care of any special requests that I may have. Before arriving in Hawaii, I changed my mind many times on the bouquet that I wanted for my special day, and every time Joseph got the new bouquet arranged without hesitation, he wanted it to be perfect for us. When we arrived in Hawaii, Jamie & I met with Joseph and it was amazing. After emailing and talking on the phone I already felt like I knew him, but meeting him before the wedding really showed how much he cared about us. At the ceremony Joseph seemed so touched to perform our service, and he really used our “words” and thoughts in the ceremony to make it even more personal. The words and ceremony that he created would have made you thought that he has always known us. Jamie & I were truly touched, and it was truly remarkable. Joseph incorporated some wonderful bible verses that truly meant a lot to us, and he didn’t even know that, he is just that magical. I would HIGHLY recommend anyone considering a marriage in Maui, to speak with Joseph. My wedding day was perfect because of his organization and the special touches that he made to our vows.

Malaika · Married on 02/29/2016

Joseph is Awesome! My husband and I are so happy we chose him for our special day. We knew from our very 1st meeting that he was the one. With only a couple of weeks to prepare, he captured the beauty of our relationship. It felt like he's known us for a life time! His passion, support, warmth, and charm meant so much to us! Our day was BEYOND beautiful and Joseph played a big part in making that happen. We truly feel like we have made a friend for life. We highly recommend Joesph for your special day!

Kim · Married on 02/26/2016

Joseph was such a fun officiant! I really appreciated the time and care he took to make our experience personal and unique. He made sure to call us several weeks prior to the wedding so he could prepare our ceremony and vows, and then met us for coffee once we arrived in Maui. He is very easy to talk to and both of us were immediately comfortable with him. The vows and service he wrote were quite meaningful to us and I appreciate the care and effort the Reverend showed us.

He was very flexible with the type of service, once again really tailoring it to us and our wants and needs. Because we'd never been to Maui, he even helped us pick the beach - which was absolutely perfect, I might add. I loved our wedding! We are very happy with the service Reverend Joseph created for us and I would absolutely recommend him to any of my friends and family.