Discosapien Reviews

47 | Denver, CO

47 Reviews for Discosapien

Krista · Married on 05/30/2015

I am so glad my husband and I chose Discosapien to be the DJ for our wedding reception. Rex, the owner, was so quick to get back to me when I was getting initial estimates and information. Discosapien is also very reasonably priced for the fantastic value you get.

Our DJ was Raphael/DJ Chavo, and we can’t say enough great things about him. I’ve already recommended him to two brides, and will continue to recommend him to co-workers and friends. Raphael met with us twice before the wedding, once for a reception walkthrough and once for a more detailed walkthrough of our music selections. He was so friendly and he immediately got the type of music we wanted at the reception.

My husband and I were really excited for the reception, and we put a lot of priority in throwing a good party for our friends and family. When we arrived, Raphael pronounced all of the wedding party names correctly, and we had some complicated names to be announced! During dinner, he picked the perfect music for our Rat Pack/crooner request. He did a great job adjusting the schedule when we got a little behind, but also kept things moving along at a good pace. My husband and I and our friends love to dance, and Raphael played so well to the crowd. My husband and I think he played every song on our must have list, but he also took really fun requests from our friends. Our friends are still talking about how much fun they had at our wedding, and Raphael was a huge reason for that.

Sent on 07/11/2015
  • Amy

Amy · Married on 05/30/2015

Rex was an awesome DJ, he played all the song my husband, wedding guest, and myself requested. He did an awesome job with going with the schedule. Everything went smoothly with his service.

Sent on 09/04/2015

Mike · Married on 02/28/2015

100% recommended, one of the best decisions we made on the big day...and we almost didn't do it. We needed a DJ on short notice after I realized I couldn't DJ and be the groom at the same time with much success (go figure!). From Rex managing the coordination side, and DJ Kyle performing the DJ duties, absolutely no complaints! Kyle is extremely responsive to your input, adept at managing requests, and a wiz on the tables. If you're in doubt, don't sweat it. Rex & DJ Kyle will take care of you on the big day! Kyle honestly turned what probably would have been a low key quiet reception into a rocking party. I saw people dancing I wouldn't have ever expected. Sign'em up!

Sent on 04/12/2015

We chose Discosapien because they were one of the few DJ's we could find who used actual turntables....Kyle was our DJ for the night and we have nothing but the highest praise for him. He was wonderful on our wedding day- we used him for the ceremony and reception. Kyle was professional, fun, and extremely flexible which made our night the dancing party I always wanted. The music was perfect, he really worked with and read the crowd to keep the energy high and he was on point with all of the key elements of the night (speeches, cake cutting, etc.). And from the beginning the planning process with Rex was so smooth, he is super easy to communicate with and will work with you every step of the way to make your day exactly what you want.

Sent on 10/25/2014

Jacob · Married on 10/04/2014

Our DJ Kyle was awesome! He kept the reception lively and entertaining, had great instincts, and made everyone happy. We are still getting gushing compliments on him from our guests. I couldn't be happier with Discosapien!

Tiffany · Married on 09/27/2014

Being an out of town bride from Texas and getting married in Colorado, I used mostly online reviews to select my vendors. I looked at pricing for and talked to many DJ's in my search. DJ Rex was a lot more affordable than his competitors. In some cases when you pay for less, you get less but this was definitely not the case. The first time I spoke with him we spent about an hour on the phone. He asked lots of questions about what my fiancé and I were looking for in a DJ and put me at ease. Although he can really be any type of DJ you want, his niche is mashing songs. We had been to one wedding previously with a similar DJ and it was so much fun! I knew then that that's what I wanted one day when we got married. DJ Rex was very accommodating and played every song we asked him to. We had so many guests comment on how much fun they had and the dance floor was packed all night. I'd highly recommend DJ Rex and in fact, I wish we lived in Colorado so we could use him for parties in the future!

Sent on 10/30/2014

l · Married on 09/06/2014

We used Discosapien for both our ceremony sound, as well as our reception music. Justin did an excellent job with the sound for our friend who played guitar during the ceremony, as well as the sound for our first dance song (also played by our friend, on digital piano with weighted keys--which Discosapien very kindly provided). The music during cocktails and dinners was our time to play tunes we love--we literally got every song we asked for, mixed in with other stuff Justin picked that we loved just as much. After dinner, Justin had everyone dancing.

If you want a DJ that will literally let you call all the shots you want, zero attitude, super professional and very responsive, go with these guys. Thanks for the memories!

Sent on 09/17/2014

Adrienne · Married on 08/15/2014

Discosapien did a great job at our wedding! They worked with us traveling between ceremony and reception and communication beforehand was very easy. We had Justin Kane as our DJ and the guests danced for the entire reception and did not want him to leave. I would highly recommend them!

Sent on 08/28/2014

Beth · Married on 08/09/2014

Kyle B was absolutely wonderful to work with. He read the crowd and played music that was upbeat and fun - our guests didn't want to leave when the reception was over! He was flexible, professional, and fun and I would highly recommend him. Thank you!!

Tiffany · Married on 08/09/2014

They were very on top of things, even when we were not. They were very flexible and the DJ did a great job! Thank you!

Anna · Married on 08/02/2014

Not only was I very eased with the service we had at my wedding but my guests were very happy with our DJ! He was able to keep track of the time line that I gave to hime so I could enjoy our special day. I was pleased with every aspect of the service we recieved!

Sent on 08/19/2014

We hired Discosapien for our wedding in Boulder this July. He was fantastic. Here's why:

He met with me to get to know my preferences well in advance of the event.

He allowed me to put down whatever deposit I wanted to hold the event.

He always answered his phone and was positive and reassuring.

AND The music and lights at our event were spot on. Here's how you know it's good: Our event coordinator, who didn't know him and hadn't worked with him, but goes to, you know, like 50 weddings a year said: "Wow, your DJ was awesome he was like a club DJ." He did these awesome mash-ups with our music selection that had them flow from one song into the next in a way that really brought the event to life. Not to mention, he's very affordable. I highly recommend Discosapien. Hire him.

Sent on 09/23/2012

Discosapien was one of the best vendors we chose for our September 2015 wedding. Rex was so easy to communicate with the months leading up to the wedding and DJ Raphael was incredible the day of. He did everything just how we asked and kept our guests dancing all night. We received so many compliments on the music and are so glad we went with Discosapien! They are great DJs and the price is incredibly reasonable. Overall, they are professional, reliable, and made sure to listen to our requests and musical taste. We recommend using them 100%!

Sent on 10/23/2015

Abigail · Married on 08/22/2015

Chad was our DJ for our downtown Boulder wedding. He did a GREAT job! There wasn't one song we didn't love, he did some great mixes and even created a little mash-up for our dance off! Planning the music was easy, we communicated completely through email and didn't have to meet in person which was great because we had a lot of other wedding things to do! Chad made the night an evening to remember!

Thanks Chad!

Sent on 09/20/2015

We chose them because their prices were fair compared to other DJ's. After talking with Rex, I felt good about our decision and once we met him at the run-through, I knew things would work out. He did an amazing job with our list and our no-play list! He did a perfect job announcing the Grand Entrance and really kept the vibe great at our wedding. Everyone was so happy! It was great.

Sent on 07/23/2015

Maria · Married on 10/11/2014

Kyle created a fun atmosphere and was very much a professional.

• Lauren

Lauren Ruth · Married on 10/05/2019

Took on all of our special requests

My husband and I searched for a bilingual DJ so that we could honor both of our languages and cultures at our wedding. DJ Archie with Discosapien fit the bill perfectly. He was kind enough to make every announcement at our wedding in both Spanish and English. He incorporated the songs we wanted along with some great selections he'd made and our guests literally did not leave the dance floor the whole night. He also worked with one of our guests days before the wedding to incorporate a surprise dance into the set. He brought great energy and joy to our wedding and we were thrilled that he could be a part of our day.

Sent on 10/08/2019

Kaly · Married on 06/21/2014

We were very happy with Discosapien for our wedding DJ! Justin did a great job and kept people on the dance floor all night which was exactly what we wanted. The whole flow of the reception went as we wanted and we got several compliments on knowing how to throw a great party, thanks in large part to the music! Rex was extremely responsive and willing to do anything to make our day exactly what we wanted. We felt we got a great value for what we paid!

Sent on 07/08/2014
  • Stephanie

Stephanie · Married on 09/20/2014

3.5

Discosapien Weddings was super easy to work with from the first phone call and email! They always responded promptly and were very honest about pricing information. Our DJ was awesome and kept the party going all night, when he saw guests weren't liking the music that was being played he changed it quickly to get everyone back on the dance floor. Everyone loved him. Also, we didn't intend on using him for the ceremony, but when we thought our ceremony musician wasn't going to show (which he ended up showing on time), the DJ was incredibly flexible and offered to do the music for the ceremony if needed. I would recommend Discosapien to anyone, they did an incredible job for an even better price!

Sent on 11/10/2014

Anna · Married on 09/12/2014

Rex was prompt and easy to work with. He was able to provide wireless equipment for our outdoor wedding. He especially fulfilled my spouse and my requests for the songs at our wedding, and kept everyone on the dance floor, all night. He even filled in a few songs before our ceremony, when it didn't start quite on-time.

Sent on 10/22/2014

We really loved working with Discosapien and Jay Dunson. He was so accommodating and kind to us as we worked through the song list for what we wanted to play, and he did a fantastic job DJ-ing the wedding. Everyone danced, loved the vibes, and it worked for all ages and tastes. It was really great. He also made sure to incorporate some New Orleans style songs upon our request, which was so great! Everything went very smoothly. My husband was particular about his music, and I had a ton of questions/logistical obsessions, and Jay was so patient with the two of us because he understood how important it was to us. We really appreciated that and felt valued as customers.

I gave 4 stars because we had a little miscommunication about what time he was supposed to be there (but thankfully, I built in enough of a cushion so nothing was ruined) and the emceeing could have been a bit better. After a couple of emotional speeches, there was dead air -- it would have been great if he had directed guests to continue helping themselves to food and drink and the dancing would begin soon. Also, I had to prompt him to announce those who were speaking, even though I gave him the names and times well in advance. I didn't want to boss anyone around on my day, but I felt like I had to step in because it wasn't clear that he was prepared to emcee.

These were small things, though, so it did not ruin our day at all -- we were very, very happy and would highly recommend Discosapien to anyone! Their prices are the best we had found among the wedding industry, and they give good services.

Sent on 07/06/2015
  • Katey

Katey Fitser · Married on 09/13/2019

DJ Archie Review

The communication between Rex and I was great. We discussed all the extra things we could add on if we wanted. Things were all pretty good except the volume of the DJ. We had a "Dollar Dance" where guests could pay a little bit of money to dance with myself and my husband and a lot of people said they couldn't really hear what he was saying. Other than that, the DJ played the playlist I sent in and took requests. It was overall a good experience and I would recommend them in the future.

Sent on 09/27/2019