Digital Sound Services Reviews

138 Reviews for Digital Sound Services

• Bryce

Bryce Jordan · Getting married on 02/06/2022

Ian is awesome!

Our wedding took place during the peak of the pandemic and it really made us appreciate our vendors. Ian was top notch when it came to DJ'ing our ceremony and reception. He made the planning process effortless and stress-free (even during a very stressful time). And the day of, he took care of every little detail - keeping the entire day on schedule and seamless. Thank you for everything, Ian!

Sent on 07/27/2020

Digital Sound Services's reply:

What a fantastic wedding day and superb party! Congratulations to you and Drew - it was truly a pleasure to be involved throughout the planning process and execution. I appreciate your kind words.
  • Abby

Abby Swett · Getting married on 06/12/2021

Ian is Simply The Best!

Where do we even begin? My husband and I love music so we knew that the music on our wedding day had to be perfect and Ian delivered! I smiled at every song played...even during cocktail hour and dinner. They were perfect and exactly what we asked for. Our guests never left the dance floor, and we didn't either. If you want a DJ that's going to engage your guests and play songs that get people of every age on the dance floor, book Ian today! He also helped me pull off a surprise for my husband with the perfect entrance music for the Washington Capitals mascot! We can't thank you enough. Also, our guests wants to know if we paid extra for the accent...just another added bonus! :)

Sent on 01/06/2020

Digital Sound Services's reply:

Thanks Abby, what a fantastic party! I appreciate your kinds words and I look forward to seeing the video. Cheers!

Casey Donovan · Getting married on 01/09/2021

Best Music and Experience

Working with Ian was so easy and pleasant. We had to reschedule our due to COVID-19 and Ian was so kind and flexible in the entire process of the date change. We did not have to worry about creating a playlist, we gave our music tastes and Ian hit it out of the park with the music he played. If a song didnt seem to be going over very well with the crowd, he would switch to another song that got everyone on the dance floor. The music really made the date and our wedding so much fun! Would recommend Ian and DigitalSoundServices 100 times over, you will not be disappointed. Price was very reasonable too.

Sent on 09/28/2020

Digital Sound Services's reply:

Wow - What a party - It was a fantastic day Casey, I appreciate your kind words, smooth timeline and excellent song choices.
    Cheers
  • Randy

Randy Lea · Getting married on 11/10/2020

Ian was amazing!

Ian was absolutely amazing. As my daughter (the bride) said, he read the vibe in the room and played the music accordingly. He really got the crowd going! He is pleasant to deal with and a super nice guy all-around. Thanks Ian for helping to make my daughter's day perfect!

Sent on 10/20/2020

Digital Sound Services's reply:

It was a please to be the DJ at Shannon and Bryan's wedding day. It was a superb day and a cracking dance party! I appreciate your most generous comments.

Shannon Lea · Married on 10/11/2020

Life of the party!

Ian was amazing to work with; he was very responsive during our planning period and took into account everything we wanted. He walked us through our choices and helped us get all of our songs in order prior to the wedding and helped us choose songs if we weren’t sure what we wanted. Our guests had a fantastic time; Ian definitely used the vibes of the room to guide his music choices! Not only was he extremely professional but he was also very personable; he actually took the time to get to know us a little bit before the wedding during our planning phone calls (my husband loved talking about soccer with him)!! We really can’t say enough good things about him!!

Sent on 10/18/2020

Digital Sound Services's reply:

Wow! From the delightful ceremony, superb toasts and fantastic dance party, it was quite a wedding day! I certainly had a great time and appreciate your song input and very kind words. Go Red Devils! Cheers to you and Bryan

Catherine H · Married on 09/19/2020

Spectacular!

Ian was fantastic to work with! He was extremely responsive, communicative, and played fantastic music. He knows exactly how to read a crowd and when to play the right tunes. We highly recommend booking with him!

Sent on 09/28/2020

Digital Sound Services's reply:

It was a superb day Catherine that I was honored to be involved with. The outdoor element worked extremely well, so with the superb weather and your excellent song choices I think everyone had a great time celebrating your big day! Thank you!
  • Lindsey

Lindsey Norment · Married on 08/28/2020

Ian is the best!

We could not recommend a better DJ. Ian spent so much time helping us with our timeline and music for our wedding day, and made the process so easy. Then, on the day of our wedding, he was doing everything he could to keep the day on schedule! He literally helped us rally our oversized wedding party for reception intros, and kept people on the dance floor ALL NIGHT. I'm still getting texts about how fun he made the reception, and my husband is still raving about how he incorporated a Radiohead song (LOL!!). Thank you so much, Ian, you were a rockstar!!

Sent on 09/02/2020

Digital Sound Services's reply:

It was a pleasure working with you and Adam. You put on a superb party which I was honored to be involved with. I will never forget your wedding day as it was the first time I played a Radiohead song during a reception. Cheers!
  • Emily

Emily Hair · Married on 07/04/2020

Truly Wonderful!

Ian was the DJ for our wedding at Shadow Creek in Purcellville, VA on 7/4/2020. From the beginning, he was truly wonderful to work with! He stuck with us through all of the uncertainty that was thrown our way with COVID, and he really made our wedding day and reception so much fun! We highly recommend him to anyone looking for an energetic, fun, and lively DJ.

Sent on 07/11/2020

Digital Sound Services's reply:

You and Butch put together a wonderful wedding celebration and dance party culminating with a firework display. Great day to celebrate you and America's birthday! It was a pleasure to be involved and I appreciate your kind words.
  • Morgan

Morgan Chander · Married on 05/22/2020

Excellent!

I loved working with Ian for my wedding. His outline made planning so easy and help me keep everything on track. He used high quality equipment to ensure good sound quality and made excellent Music suggestions to make sure the songs matched the vibe we were trying to set. He made sure to do a mix of songs we provided with other popular songs and throwbacks to ensure all guests were able to enjoy the wedding!

Sent on 09/13/2020

Digital Sound Services's reply:

What a superb day and most energetic dance party! I certainly enjoyed myself and thought your song choices and smooth timeline made for a fantastic wedding event. I appreciate your kind words. Cheers to you and Ash!
  • Jenna

Jenna Petersen · Married on 03/10/2020

You've found your DJ in Ian Lade!

Ian Lade, the owner and DJ-extraordinaire of Digital Sounds Services was so amazing, easy to work with, and so much fun at the wedding! He was a recommended vendor of the venue we booked, and boy did we luck into him! Ian has been spinning tunes for a long time and it shows. He’s a consummate professional, that ensured he had everything he needed in advance (including pronunciation of wedding party – attention to detail!), so that on the big day, he knew exactly what to do. My husband and I are big into music and gave Ian a list of songs for cocktail hour/dinner that he was so accommodating and was able to supplement and keep the vibe what we were hoping. He was then able to turn-up and get everyone to the dance floor and keep the party going late into the night. Did I mention he has a British accent as well? Icing on the cake! I would highly recommend Ian for any event in which you want to go swimming and have an absolute blast. Thanks Ian!

Sent on 10/20/2020
  • Holly

Holly Saraniti · Married on 11/09/2019

Fantastic!!!

Ian was so friendly and a joy to work with. He answered my many questions promptly and professionally! He provided great advice while still allowing us to customize our event to our liking. Highly recommend!

Sent on 11/18/2019

Digital Sound Services's reply:

Thank you Holly and Justin. I appreciate your attention to detail and excellent song input which made for a wonderful day and superb dance party! Thank you for the kind words.

Allison · Married on 10/26/2019

Fantastic experience!!

Ian was so much fun to work with and our guests were on the dance floor the whole night! He is extremely professional and took the time to meet with us to understand our music styles.

Sent on 11/13/2019

Digital Sound Services's reply:

I certainly enjoyed myself playing the music at your wedding. It was a fantastic day! Thank you for your kind words.

Taylor · Married on 10/19/2019

Awesome Wedding DJ

Ian was absolutely fantastic to work with. He was very flexible, accommodating and organized. He paid close attention to detail for things that we initially didn't think of (cake cutting song, first song to get the dancing started, etc.). He had our guests on the dance floor all night! Would definitely recommend.

Sent on 12/04/2019

Digital Sound Services's reply:

Thank Taylor. I appreciate your generous comments!
    It was a pleasure working with you and it was a wonderful day!

Kevin Larson · Married on 10/12/2019

Highly Recommended DJ

We hired Ian for our wedding and could not have been more pleased with his services! He was so easy to work with, very professional, and made sure to spend time going over the pronunciation of each name for our Wedding Party Introductions (and some were definitely not easy). Ian provided us ceremony entrance/exit music, background music for Cocktail Hour, as well as music during the reception. He knew exactly what to play to keep the dance floor packed the entire night. We highly recommend Ian to anyone looking for their Wedding DJ. Thanks again Ian!

Sent on 10/23/2019

Digital Sound Services's reply:

Thanks Kevin, I appreciate your kind words. It was a superb day and a great party! Congratulations to you and Alison.
  • Debbie

Debbie · Married on 09/27/2019

Outstanding wedding DJ! 10/10 would recommend

Working with Ian was incredibly seamless and stress-free. My husband and I felt so comfortable from our first conversation. He's experienced, confident and certainly knows how to keep a party going! He also has great attention to detail-- Ian worked meticulously to finalize details I would've otherwise forgotten about, such as coordinating timelines, name pronunciations, must-play songs and more. He absolutely nailed the vibe we were going for during our cocktail hour & reception. We couldn't have asked for a better DJ for our wedding!

Sent on 10/18/2019

Digital Sound Services's reply:

Thank you for the kind words - I am pleased that you enjoyed the music I played, as much as I did seeing everyone having a great time dancing. Cheers!

Patrick Trimble · Married on 07/06/2019

Excellent Wedding DJ!

Ian was fantastic! He was very professional, responsive, flexible, and patient. He worked with my wife and I to accommodate for the elements of our wedding that were out of the ordinary. His music choices were perfect and really complimented the mood. We are very happy with our decision to work with Ian and could not recommend him more!

Sent on 08/28/2019

Digital Sound Services's reply:

Thank you Patrick and Sofie - it was a wonderful day and a pleasure to work with you both. Your video was just delightful. Cheers!

Katie and Nick Mcclenahan · Married on 06/22/2019

Professional, experienced, personality was incredible, would recommend to all

Ian was AMAZING from the first contact call to the last dance. Very professional, experienced and very helpful throughout the whole wedding process. Highly recommend for any event. Book Ian TODAY.

Sent on 06/24/2019

Digital Sound Services's reply:

A superb day and fantastic dance party. Thank you for the kind words and being so easy to work with.
  • Ashleigh

Ashleigh · Married on 06/08/2019

Amazing wedding dj!

I cannot express how thankful my husband and I were to have Ian as our DJ on our wedding day. Ian was so easy to work with prior to the wedding date, and worked out all the details with us ahead of time (including timeline, pronunciation of all the wedding party names, must play songs, and any songs to avoid). He knew exactly what to do on the day of the wedding, and it felt like it just unveiled before us perfectly. The minute toasts were over, Ian had everyone on the dance floor and our guests danced ALL NIGHT. His music was absolutely perfect! I cannot recommend him enough for the perfect wedding DJ. He was a pleasure to work with from day one, and a true professional.

Sent on 06/18/2019

Digital Sound Services's reply:

It was a superb day Ashleigh, thank you for the kind words! It was a pleasure working with you both.
  • Rachael

Rachael Hansen · Married on 06/01/2019

Excellent. Professional. Inutitive & listened.

Ian was a delight to work with from the very first phone I had with him. He is personable, professional and I felt he truly listened to what we wanted for our wedding, while also making some great suggestions. He also seemed to pick up on the type of couple we are and the "vibe" of the wedding we wanted. Ian delivered more than we could have hoped for...and is just a good guy to work with. I would recommend him over and over again.

Sent on 06/12/2019

Digital Sound Services's reply:

Thanks Rachael, so pleased you and Brian had a great time because I certainly did. Wonderful day and a fantastic party!
  • songbird

Taylor · Married on 05/25/2019

Party with Ian--you won't regret it

Ian is a professional who knows how to have a great time. He was my wedding DJ, and he was flexible, accommodating, and took the time to get to know us and our musical preferences. Ian was happy to play our favorite songs, but also seemed to pick up on what everyone was enjoying/the vibe of the venue and selected a great mix. He was also organized and punctual with scheduled announcements throughout the reception. I would definitely recommend Ian for any of your DJ'ing needs. Thank you, Ian! :)

Sent on 06/05/2019

Digital Sound Services's reply:

Taylor, It was my pleasure! I am so pleased you are happy with my services and greatly appreciate your kind words. Cheers!
  • Jacquie

Jacquie Stuart · Married on 05/18/2019

The best you could imagine

Ian is a stellar DJ as well as an MC. His attention to detail is outstanding. He was so professional, even though my family has known him for many years. He is kind, and really made our day so special. His music selection was spot on, everyone enjoyed dancing. Every song I asked for ahead of time was played and then some. He’s wonderful!

Sent on 06/03/2019

Digital Sound Services's reply:

It was a superb day Jacquie - I was very pleased to be involved and to know you had a wonderful wedding day.
    Thank you for the kind words.

Ben B · Married on 05/11/2019

Look no further than DJ Ian

We cannot recommend Ian enough! He helped us leading up to the wedding and was accommodating with every request. We had 3 separate areas for the wedding: ceremony, cocktail hour, and dinner/reception. He is truly a professional and has enough equipment to make the transition from each location seamless. During the reception, he had everyone on the dance floor and kept the party going all night. We've had multiple people say Ian was one of the best DJ's they've had at a wedding. Ian - we can't thank you enough!

Sent on 06/15/2019

Digital Sound Services's reply:

You are very kind Ben, thank you for the kind words. It was a fantastic day and a pleasure to work with you and Ginny. Cheers!
  • Megan

Megan · Married on 01/19/2019

Ian is great! Definitely added to our wedding

Ian did an amazing job at our 1.19.19 wedding. He did the music for our ceremony, cocktail hour dinner and reception. Everyone was dancing all night and he used a great combination of our personally requested songs and crowd favorites. He was truly a pleasure to work with.

Sent on 02/02/2019

Sonia · Married on 10/14/2018

Wonderful DJ!

Ian was fantastic! He was very helpful and patient. He gave us great advice about selecting our wedding music and was willing to answer all of our questions. The music was fantastic!

Sent on 10/27/2018

Karen · Married on 10/06/2018

Ian was recommended by our planner and was wonderful! After attending a family member's wedding where the DJ was screaming at the guests and provocatively dancing on the speakers (true story), we were looking for a DJ with class. Ian fit the bill perfectly and has the voice of a true English gentleman. He played fun songs for our whole crowd while remaining unobtrusive and did a fantastic job!

Sent on 10/12/2018