Digital Sound Services Reviews

148 | Ashburn, VA

148 Reviews for Digital Sound Services

Abby S. · Getting married on 11/07/2022

Simply the BEST!

We are SO glad that we chose to work with Ian for our wedding. He was by far the easiest and one of the best decisions we made throughout our wedding planning process. Ian came highly rated and recommended by some friends, and we are so glad we listened. From day 1, he was professional, helpful, upbeat, positive, and so friendly. We thoroughly enjoyed our phone conversations leading up to our big day. Ian made us feel relaxed and helped ensure our reception would run smoothly. We were so nervous that our guests wouldn't be on the dance floor. With Ian, we had NO reason to worry! Our guests couldn't get off the dance floor and the mix of music was perfect for ALL ages! Do not hesitate to book Ian, he was by far the highlight of our evening!

Sent on 08/03/2021
  • Bryce

Bryce J. · Getting married on 02/06/2022

Ian is awesome!

Our wedding took place during the peak of the pandemic and it really made us appreciate our vendors. Ian was top notch when it came to DJ'ing our ceremony and reception. He made the planning process effortless and stress-free (even during a very stressful time). And the day of, he took care of every little detail - keeping the entire day on schedule and seamless. Thank you for everything, Ian!

Sent on 07/27/2020

Digital Sound Services's reply:

What a fantastic wedding day and superb party! Congratulations to you and Drew - it was truly a pleasure to be involved throughout the planning process and execution. I appreciate your kind words.

Jim D. · Married on 07/17/2021

Professional and Outstanding

Bottom Line Up Front….Hire Ian Lade and Digital Sound Services. The level of professionalism and personal attention can’t be beat. Ian’s presence greatly enhanced our wedding experience and helped make our day a memorable one. We interviewed several DJ’s when we started the process and Ian stood out from the beginning. He was communicative, personable, knowledgeable and most importantly confident in his product without being pushy or arrogant. It was immediately clear he would be our DJ, and he did not disappoint throughout the planning process. He was always available to answer questions and would rather do it in a conversation as opposed to an email. He took significant time to get to know us and understand what music we wanted and liked. In the end, his performance in providing music and equipment for our ceremony and reception exceeded the high expectations we had going in. Ian proved masterful at keeping our crowd on the dance floor. Many of our guests remarked how great the music and the DJ were, and we couldn’t agree more. Great job and many thanks, Ian! Jim and Terri

Sent on 07/22/2021

Digital Sound Services's reply:

What a superb day that ran so smoothly from the ceremony in the grove to the most energetic dance party in the Poplar Barn. You threw a great party and it was a pleasure working with you both. I appreciate your kind words!
  • Michaelyn

Michaelyn S. · Married on 07/02/2021

Wonderful!

Our DJ, Ian, was phenomenal at our wedding! Every song he played brought crowds out to dance. We hardly had time to stop and get a drink because one song after another was too good to pass up on the dance floor! He even played Dancing Queen for me twice. :) If you're looking for a DJ that keeps the party hoppin', look no further!

Sent on 07/26/2021

Digital Sound Services's reply:

it was a wonderful day and a superb dance party! I appreciate your kind words as it is good to know you had a blast because I certainly did.

Patrick N. · Married on 06/19/2021

Hire Ian, he did an incredible job!!!

Ian did an amazing job creating the atmosphere we wanted for our wedding! He was very responsive and easy to communicate with during the planning process. He did such a great job during the reception that I forgot to stop dancing and eat some dessert! Every guest I have talked to after the wedding told us that Ian put together an awesome playlist and made it hard to leave the dance floor! If I could give him more than 5 stars I would!! Hire Ian and you will have no regrets!

Sent on 07/28/2021

Digital Sound Services's reply:

it was a wonderful day from the intimate ceremony to the rockin' dance party. It was my pleasure Patrick as your friends and family definitely came to have a good time. Thank you for your generous comments.
  • Joanna

Joanna W. · Married on 06/11/2021

We could not have done it without Ian!!

Ian Lade at Digital Sound Services, was absolutely amazing for our wedding day. I know you see lots of good reviews on wedding wire about DJs, but Ian is truly the best. He is kind and encouraging and responsive, and other wedding vendors love to work with him (believe me, I know, as I am a wedding coordinator myself). He really went out of his way to offer encouragement to me as a bride and as a wedding coordinator. During and after our wedding, everyone was raving about how fabulous the music/DJ was and how they had such a great time on the dance floor. We had an older crowd at our wedding and we weren't sure how many people we would get on the dance floor, but the dance floor was full all night long. Even friends who I've never seen dance a day in their life were out on the dance floor! He is so professional and organized. He pronounced all of our bridal party's names correctly (which was really a feat considering how unique some of our friends' names are). And he was a great MC all night, keeping everyone informed and the evening running smoothly. Some people try to save money on their wedding and opt for their own playlist instead of a DJ, but believe me, you don't want to do that. Having a fantastic DJ can make or break your wedding celebration, and Ian was an invaluable vendor and friend on our wedding day. Plus, his prices are very reasonable for the outstanding service he provides.

Sent on 06/29/2021

Digital Sound Services's reply:

Holy Smokes Joanna! What an amazing wedding day and dance party. You and Caleb planned a day to remember that I was truly honored to be involved with. Thank you so much for your generous review.
  • Kerianne Vogler

Kerianne V. · Married on 05/30/2021

Ian is the best!

Ian made sure he had our list of songs perfect and the timings down perfect for the whole event. He was professional and made sure everyone was where they needed to be and when. That’s not a job you always expect the DJ to take care of but it sure helped!!! Everyone had nothing but implements for Ian!

Sent on 06/08/2021

Digital Sound Services's reply:

It was a wonderful day from start to finish! I appreciated the excellent song choices from you and Sam and your very kind words.
  • Taylor

Taylor T. · Married on 05/29/2021

Ian brought the party with him!

Ian was amazing and so flexible. We had a lot of changes due to COVID and weather and he rolled with the punches, was very open and communicative and kept things running smoothly the whole day. We had a smaller wedding (27 people) and worried it would be harder to engage the crowd but Ian kept the party going the whole night! Great music selection that even my picky husband approved.

Sent on 06/07/2021

Digital Sound Services's reply:

I am so pleased you had a great time as I certainly did. Everything turned out superbly and the dance party was fantastic. Thank you for the kind words Taylor.

Casey D. · Married on 01/09/2021

Best Music and Experience

Working with Ian was so easy and pleasant. We had to reschedule our due to COVID-19 and Ian was so kind and flexible in the entire process of the date change. We did not have to worry about creating a playlist, we gave our music tastes and Ian hit it out of the park with the music he played. If a song didnt seem to be going over very well with the crowd, he would switch to another song that got everyone on the dance floor. The music really made the date and our wedding so much fun! Would recommend Ian and DigitalSoundServices 100 times over, you will not be disappointed. Price was very reasonable too.

Sent on 09/28/2020

Digital Sound Services's reply:

Wow - What a party - It was a fantastic day Casey, I appreciate your kind words, smooth timeline and excellent song choices.
    Cheers
  • Randy

Randy L. · Married on 11/10/2020

Ian was amazing!

Ian was absolutely amazing. As my daughter (the bride) said, he read the vibe in the room and played the music accordingly. He really got the crowd going! He is pleasant to deal with and a super nice guy all-around. Thanks Ian for helping to make my daughter's day perfect!

Sent on 10/20/2020

Digital Sound Services's reply:

It was a please to be the DJ at Shannon and Bryan's wedding day. It was a superb day and a cracking dance party! I appreciate your most generous comments.
  • Lindsay

Lindsay · Married on 10/24/2020

Great DJ - fun & professional!

Ian was a phenomenal DJ for our wedding in October! From our first conversation with him back a year ago, we knew he was the right fit for our wedding. He is very professional but knows how to keep the party going on the dance floor. Ian made sure to offer up his expertise to make sure our wedding was everything we were hoping for. I would highly recommend hiring Ian for a smooth, seamless, fun and professional wedding experience!

Sent on 11/21/2020

Digital Sound Services's reply:

Thanks for the kind words Lindsay. Your wedding day was classy, fun but most importantly created a safe enjoyable environment for your guests. Happy New Year!

Shannon L. · Married on 10/11/2020

Life of the party!

Ian was amazing to work with; he was very responsive during our planning period and took into account everything we wanted. He walked us through our choices and helped us get all of our songs in order prior to the wedding and helped us choose songs if we weren’t sure what we wanted. Our guests had a fantastic time; Ian definitely used the vibes of the room to guide his music choices! Not only was he extremely professional but he was also very personable; he actually took the time to get to know us a little bit before the wedding during our planning phone calls (my husband loved talking about soccer with him)!! We really can’t say enough good things about him!!

Sent on 10/18/2020

Digital Sound Services's reply:

Wow! From the delightful ceremony, superb toasts and fantastic dance party, it was quite a wedding day! I certainly had a great time and appreciate your song input and very kind words. Go Red Devils! Cheers to you and Bryan

Catherine · Married on 09/19/2020

Spectacular!

Ian was fantastic to work with! He was extremely responsive, communicative, and played fantastic music. He knows exactly how to read a crowd and when to play the right tunes. We highly recommend booking with him!

Sent on 09/28/2020

Digital Sound Services's reply:

It was a superb day Catherine that I was honored to be involved with. The outdoor element worked extremely well, so with the superb weather and your excellent song choices I think everyone had a great time celebrating your big day! Thank you!
  • Lindsey

Lindsey N. · Married on 08/28/2020

Ian is the best!

We could not recommend a better DJ. Ian spent so much time helping us with our timeline and music for our wedding day, and made the process so easy. Then, on the day of our wedding, he was doing everything he could to keep the day on schedule! He literally helped us rally our oversized wedding party for reception intros, and kept people on the dance floor ALL NIGHT. I'm still getting texts about how fun he made the reception, and my husband is still raving about how he incorporated a Radiohead song (LOL!!). Thank you so much, Ian, you were a rockstar!!

Sent on 09/02/2020

Digital Sound Services's reply:

It was a pleasure working with you and Adam. You put on a superb party which I was honored to be involved with. I will never forget your wedding day as it was the first time I played a Radiohead song during a reception. Cheers!
  • Emily

Emily H. · Married on 07/04/2020

Truly Wonderful!

Ian was the DJ for our wedding at Shadow Creek in Purcellville, VA on 7/4/2020. From the beginning, he was truly wonderful to work with! He stuck with us through all of the uncertainty that was thrown our way with COVID, and he really made our wedding day and reception so much fun! We highly recommend him to anyone looking for an energetic, fun, and lively DJ.

Sent on 07/11/2020

Digital Sound Services's reply:

You and Butch put together a wonderful wedding celebration and dance party culminating with a firework display. Great day to celebrate you and America's birthday! It was a pleasure to be involved and I appreciate your kind words.

Jennifer F. · Married on 05/24/2020

Digital Sound - Excellent DJ!

Ian came HIGHLY recommended by our wedding coordinator at the Bluemont Vineyard and he did NOT disappoint! Ian was easy to work with, very responsive and all around a great DJ! He was able to revive a wedding dance even after we sent a guest to the hospital in an ambulance (the guest is now doing well). This is the ultimate testament of his skill!

Sent on 06/22/2021

Digital Sound Services's reply:

So pleased you were happy with everything and good to know your unwell guest is now doing well. Thank you for the kind words!
  • Morgan

Morgan C. · Married on 05/22/2020

Excellent!

I loved working with Ian for my wedding. His outline made planning so easy and help me keep everything on track. He used high quality equipment to ensure good sound quality and made excellent Music suggestions to make sure the songs matched the vibe we were trying to set. He made sure to do a mix of songs we provided with other popular songs and throwbacks to ensure all guests were able to enjoy the wedding!

Sent on 09/13/2020

Digital Sound Services's reply:

What a superb day and most energetic dance party! I certainly enjoyed myself and thought your song choices and smooth timeline made for a fantastic wedding event. I appreciate your kind words. Cheers to you and Ash!
  • Elliott

Elliott H. · Married on 05/16/2020

Had my guests dancing the whole night!

Ian provided exceptional service and was willing to accommodate all of our requests! We had our ceremony outside and he was able to provide a discrete microphone for my officiant, which also picked up our vows as well. We gave him our list of songs from Spotify and he was more than happy to use that, and kept my guests dancing the whole night. He was also a great announcer for my wedding party too! 10/10 would recommend!

Sent on 05/19/2021

Digital Sound Services's reply:

Thank you Elliott - it was a fantastic day and I am so pleased you were pleased with my efforts. Cheers!
  • Jenna

Jenna P. · Married on 03/10/2020

You've found your DJ in Ian Lade!

Ian Lade, the owner and DJ-extraordinaire of Digital Sounds Services was so amazing, easy to work with, and so much fun at the wedding! He was a recommended vendor of the venue we booked, and boy did we luck into him! Ian has been spinning tunes for a long time and it shows. He’s a consummate professional, that ensured he had everything he needed in advance (including pronunciation of wedding party – attention to detail!), so that on the big day, he knew exactly what to do. My husband and I are big into music and gave Ian a list of songs for cocktail hour/dinner that he was so accommodating and was able to supplement and keep the vibe what we were hoping. He was then able to turn-up and get everyone to the dance floor and keep the party going late into the night. Did I mention he has a British accent as well? Icing on the cake! I would highly recommend Ian for any event in which you want to go swimming and have an absolute blast. Thanks Ian!

Sent on 10/20/2020

Digital Sound Services's reply:

I love the "DJ Extraordinaire" quote in your generous comments. I certainly had a great time playing the music and mixing in your fantastic song suggestions. It was a superb day, right from the ceremony till the sparkler send off. I really appreciate your superbly worded review. Cheers!
  • Abby

Abby S. · Married on 12/30/2019

Ian is Simply The Best!

Where do we even begin? My husband and I love music so we knew that the music on our wedding day had to be perfect and Ian delivered! I smiled at every song played...even during cocktail hour and dinner. They were perfect and exactly what we asked for. Our guests never left the dance floor, and we didn't either. If you want a DJ that's going to engage your guests and play songs that get people of every age on the dance floor, book Ian today! He also helped me pull off a surprise for my husband with the perfect entrance music for the Washington Capitals mascot! We can't thank you enough. Also, our guests wants to know if we paid extra for the accent...just another added bonus! :)

Sent on 01/06/2020

Digital Sound Services's reply:

Thanks Abby, what a fantastic party! I appreciate your kinds words and I look forward to seeing the video. Cheers!
  • Holly

Holly S. · Married on 11/09/2019

Fantastic!!!

Ian was so friendly and a joy to work with. He answered my many questions promptly and professionally! He provided great advice while still allowing us to customize our event to our liking. Highly recommend!

Sent on 11/18/2019

Digital Sound Services's reply:

Thank you Holly and Justin. I appreciate your attention to detail and excellent song input which made for a wonderful day and superb dance party! Thank you for the kind words.

Allison · Married on 10/26/2019

Fantastic experience!!

Ian was so much fun to work with and our guests were on the dance floor the whole night! He is extremely professional and took the time to meet with us to understand our music styles.

Sent on 11/13/2019

Digital Sound Services's reply:

I certainly enjoyed myself playing the music at your wedding. It was a fantastic day! Thank you for your kind words.

Taylor · Married on 10/19/2019

Awesome Wedding DJ

Ian was absolutely fantastic to work with. He was very flexible, accommodating and organized. He paid close attention to detail for things that we initially didn't think of (cake cutting song, first song to get the dancing started, etc.). He had our guests on the dance floor all night! Would definitely recommend.

Sent on 12/04/2019

Digital Sound Services's reply:

Thank Taylor. I appreciate your generous comments!
    It was a pleasure working with you and it was a wonderful day!

Kevin L. · Married on 10/12/2019

Highly Recommended DJ

We hired Ian for our wedding and could not have been more pleased with his services! He was so easy to work with, very professional, and made sure to spend time going over the pronunciation of each name for our Wedding Party Introductions (and some were definitely not easy). Ian provided us ceremony entrance/exit music, background music for Cocktail Hour, as well as music during the reception. He knew exactly what to play to keep the dance floor packed the entire night. We highly recommend Ian to anyone looking for their Wedding DJ. Thanks again Ian!

Sent on 10/23/2019

Digital Sound Services's reply:

Thanks Kevin, I appreciate your kind words. It was a superb day and a great party! Congratulations to you and Alison.
  • Debbie

Debbie · Married on 09/27/2019

Outstanding wedding DJ! 10/10 would recommend

Working with Ian was incredibly seamless and stress-free. My husband and I felt so comfortable from our first conversation. He's experienced, confident and certainly knows how to keep a party going! He also has great attention to detail-- Ian worked meticulously to finalize details I would've otherwise forgotten about, such as coordinating timelines, name pronunciations, must-play songs and more. He absolutely nailed the vibe we were going for during our cocktail hour & reception. We couldn't have asked for a better DJ for our wedding!

Sent on 10/18/2019

Digital Sound Services's reply:

Thank you for the kind words - I am pleased that you enjoyed the music I played, as much as I did seeing everyone having a great time dancing. Cheers!