Diem Angie Co- Chicago Bridal Hair and Makeup Artist Team Reviews

Diem Angie Co- Chicago Bridal Hair and Makeup Artist Team 4
Diem Angie Co- Chicago Bridal Hair and Makeup Artist Team 5

Conny · Married on 06/22/2019

Sweet Stylists

Pati was my main HMUA who did both my hair & makeup on my wedding day. I first met Pati when she did a makeup trial at my home for my engagement shoot. She was so accommodating in a last minute date change to avoid the rain and was so sweet. She is so patient and made great recommendations about what would look nice for photos vs in-person.

I ended up having a 2nd makeup artist - Heather - on the wedding day to do my bridesmaids' makeup while Pati did everyone's hair. All of my girls were happy with how their updos and hair turned out! The looks were very natural and not at all heavy. One of the reasons I went with Diem's company is because they have extensive experience with East Asian makeup. I'm happy I did because it turned out great! Thank you Pati and Heather for helping my girls and I look so glam!

Sent on 08/27/2019
  • Jenn

Jenn · Married on 06/01/2019

Picture perfect faces!

I could not be more thrilled with how Alex did my hair and makeup on my wedding day. I wasn’t 100% happy with my trial (which is not Alex’s fault, I just really didn’t know what I wanted until I saw what I didn’t want!) After my trial, Diem and Alex both followed up with me regarding what I liked and if there was anything I wanted to do differently. I had a list of things I decided I wanted to do differently from my trial, from the eyeshadow, eyebrows, and type of fake eyelashes that I wanted, to the hairstyle and hairpiece I wanted to use. When I saw the final look on my wedding day, I was in LOVE. Alex incorporated my hairpiece beautifully even though I didn’t have it for her during my trial, and everything honestly was perfection. Even though it was June and I didn’t think it was going to rain, we ended up getting married in a downpour. My hair and makeup stayed absolutely perfect, and my eyeliner didn’t smudge or drip. I was so impressed! I even had guests tell me they didn’t know how my hair still was so perfect during the reception even though I got completely drenched during the ceremony. My bridesmaids also all had only good things to say about how their hair and makeup held up in the rain and throughout the course of the evening. I had six girls needing to get hair AND makeup done, and between Alex, Patricia, and Lesley, they were able to get the entire wedding party ready in 4.5 hours (my first bridesmaid started at 11am, the last one finished at 3:30pm, which is incredible! It was so nice to not have a 7am start time for hair and makeup, and everyone was able to sleep in and wake up well-rested, but also not have their hair and makeup feel rushed) Thank you so much Diem Angie’s team!!!

Sent on 06/13/2019

A. Lascari · Married on 05/18/2019

Picture perfect!

I had the pleasure to work with Diem on my wedding day. I was ecstatic about how my hair and makeup turned out on the big day. During the planning process, I was nervous about selecting a makeup artist since not many artists know how to work with Chinese features. I did a trial with Diem before the big day and was blown away by the result. I wanted a natural/soft glam makeup with a retro up-do which Diem delivered flawlessly. My hair and makeup stayed intact all night, even after 3 wardrobe changes, two veil/headpiece changes, and 4 hours of dancing. The first thing my now husband said to me during our first look is: "Wow, you look so beautiful! Diem did a great job!" I would recommend Diem to anyone that wants to look and feel their best for any special occasion!

Sent on 07/03/2019

Megan · Married on 10/06/2018

Made me look beautiful but like myself

My friend used Diem Angie for her wedding where I was a bridesmaid two years ago and I knew I needed Michelle to do my makeup as well. The way she did my makeup was exactly what I liked. So I contacted Diem and she set me up with Michelle and Elisabeth. I ended up having a trial for both myself and my mom which went great. Michelle and Elisabeth were great to have around day of and kept us on or ahead of schedule. They had their work cut out for them with myself, 6 bridesmaids, two moms and a junior bridesmaid but they weren't phased by all the action or the pouring rain they arrived in. Everyone looked beautiful. So far, I only have a couple sneak peek photos but each time I look I think about how my hair was exactly what I wanted (and we made some on the spot tweaks from the trial) and my makeup made me look beautiful but still recognizable as myself. It was perfect. Highly recommend!

Sent on 11/04/2018

Lauren W · Married on 10/06/2018

Diem Angie's team is experienced, professional and very, VERY talented!

I hired Diem Angie's team for bridal makeup and then hair + makeup for my bridesmaids and WOW. They had been recommended to me by two of my friends, which was good enough to go off of but boy were we all blown away on the day-of. All four of my bridesmaids were so happy with their up-dos and then BEYOND happy with their makeup. Both artists that Diem Angie sent were efficient and thoughtful - checking in with everyone to make sure they were happy with their look (which we all were!!). And honestly, I had a great trial a couple of weeks before with Pati and then on the day-of, Pati hit a home run - my look was even better than the trial and I couldn't have been happier. I slept in my lashes and rocked them all day Sunday because I couldn't bear to take them off. I couldn't be happier with the choice to go with Diem Angie for hair & makeup!

Sent on 11/30/2018
  • Leigh

Leigh · Married on 08/18/2018

Will not hire anyone else but Diem!

Diem Angie and her team are the only people I would hire for any event or photo shoot! I have hired her for a photo shoot, my engagement shoot, and my wedding day and have absolutely LOVED my hair and makeup every time. Whether it is Diem herself, or one of her girls, the quality and artistry of both the hair and makeup are impeccable! For each event, my makeup was perfectly blended, not overly heavy and showed up beautifully on camera. My hair stayed curled and place during my entire wedding ceremony and reception. It looked the same as when it was done during the day when I took it down to go to bed, as was the makeup! For my wedding day, we had five bridesmaids and two moms get hair and makeup done. Many of the girls added services like false lashes last minute and Diem and her girls were prepared. We did not go over on time despite the last minute changes. All of the girls are professional, on time, and extremely skilled artists. You will not regret hiring Diem and her team!

Sent on 11/14/2018

Victoria · Married on 07/07/2018

I love love loved my makeup for my wedding day. I was worried because I've heard so many stories of brides who ended up hating their hair and makeup. I also am Asian, so I was afraid that I would end up with too much or unflattering makeup. Well, Jean Ramos made me look like myself...but upgraded! I was terrible at conveying what I actually wanted, but she somehow took all of my thoughts and made me look and feel beautiful. I highly recommend her services! The bridal party had so many compliments about our hair and makeup.

Sent on 07/09/2018

Connie · Married on 06/16/2018

I had a great experience with Diem Angie and Kim, our makeup/hair stylist. They were very professional with great communication! Kim was great at working with my mom to get the perfect look, even when she was asked to change things around several times. During our trial, she was very open to my ideas and ended up crafting a look that was very me but a bit upgraded! I got many compliments on my hair as well. I would definitely recommend them to Chicago brides!

Sent on 06/22/2018

Larkin · Married on 02/24/2018

Diem Angie were honestly a godsend! After my first terrible makeup trial, I was left feeling very insecure about how I looked and would look on my wedding day. Luckily, I found Diem and her team who made me, my mother, and bridesmaids look beautiful. Thank you so much!

Sent on 06/27/2018

Diana · Married on 09/23/2017

I was referred to Diem Angie by one of my friends who got married last year. I'm so glad I reached out to Diem! Jean Ramos did my hair and makeup, and she was amazing! I did two makeup trials to perfect the look, and Jean was so patient through both. When I couldn't really articulate what I wanted for my hair, she created a look for me from my varying pinterest photos, and it was perfect. On the big day, it was close to 90 degrees (when it should have been in the 70s), and my makeup literally didn't move. My makeup was seriously flawless the entire day, and stayed put through all of my crying and sweating!

Abby was also the hair stylist on my wedding, and everyone loved her and their hair. Both Jean and Abby are super efficient and did an amazing job. I highly recommend Diem Angie!!

Sent on 10/16/2017

Lynley · Married on 09/16/2017

I had initially tried to book a hair and makeup stylist that was recommended to me. She was booked on the day of my wedding and recommended Diem Angie. I am so glad she did! I felt at ease with the hair stylist, Abby, and makeup artist, Patricia. Both were prompt and professional at my trial at my home and then on my wedding day at the hotel. I felt beautiful when they completed my look. It complimented my dress and the atmosphere of the wedding. I didn't touch up my hair or makeup from 11:30 am until the end of the evening at 11 pm. Patricia and Abby made my day even more perfect. Thank you!

Sent on 10/06/2017
    Diem Angie Co- Chicago Bridal Hair and Makeup Artist Team 6
    Diem Angie Co- Chicago Bridal Hair and Makeup Artist Team 7
    Diem Angie Co- Chicago Bridal Hair and Makeup Artist Team 8
    Diem Angie Co- Chicago Bridal Hair and Makeup Artist Team 9
    Diem Angie Co- Chicago Bridal Hair and Makeup Artist Team 10

Sharon · Married on 07/01/2017

Before contacting Diem, I actually had a makeup trial with another vendor and it was beyond horrible! Based on my previous experience, I was pretty skeptical about my makeup for my wedding to the point of considering just doing my makeup myself!

Diem was excellent with communication right from the gecko! As soon I placed an inquiry about their services, i received a phone call that same day from Diem herself for follow up. After hearing my story, she reassured me that they are expects at doing Asian makeup and that she would assign me her team of professionals that KNOW Asian makeup well. I did my makeup trial with Jean Ramos and to say she's an expert at Asian makeup application is an understatement...she's the queen of Asian makeup!

She patiently worked with me and my inspiration photos even when I couldn't articulate well what i wanted or didn't want. I was so incredibly happy with my makeup and hair Trial that on the day of my wedding I didn't even refer to my trial pictures as I was confident Jean would deliver. And she definitely did! My bridal party and I were all so happy with how our makeup and hair looked AND we had fun even at 7 in the morning! Our beautiful Bridal party would not have been possible without Jean and her team of professionals!

Jean diligently worked with our wedding planner to create a specific timeline for each girl's hair and makeup to ensure we started and ended on time. My hair didn't hold up the same by reception time but that was mainly due Chicago's crazy wind. My makeup on the other hand defeated tears, wind, and sweat all day and night! Jean was especially helpful in contacting me months before the wedding to let me know the products I should buy on my own such as lipstick so I am able to reapply on my own throughout the day. Overall I highly recommend this team of professionals for not only Asian makeup as I did have some Caucasian wedding party members but for all wedding hair and make up services!

Sent on 07/13/2017

Alicia · Married on 07/01/2017

I loved working with Diem and her team! Diem was very responsive which gave me piece of mind for my big day. Diem, Pati and Patricia were amazing and highly recommend them. My hair and make up came out gorgeous for my wedding day along with my bridesmaids and mother. Highly recommend :)

Sent on 09/18/2017

Elizabeth · Married on 06/10/2017

I just got married a few weeks ago and my hair/makeup couldn't have been more perfect for my wedding! After much research the last year and a half, I found Diem Angie after reading several wonderful reviews about her team. I booked with them for my engagement photo session last summer and the wedding- Alex was the BEST makeup and hair stylist. Her and her team were able to do my hair + my 6 bridesmaids + the 2 Mothers. Everyone requested different looks and everyone turned out looking amazingly beautiful! Diem & Alex were very professional and always responsive to emails and all communications leading up to the wedding. Her prices are reasonable and the team really makes sure you get what you pay for. I highly recommend Diem Angie for anyone who wants to look flawless on their wedding day and feel beautiful :)

Sent on 06/28/2017

Alice · Married on 05/21/2017

One of my friends who got married last year had her hair done by Diem Angie and loved her. After reading her Yelp reviews, I decided to book her as well. Kim and Diem were both there the day of my wedding to do my hair as well as my 10 bridesmaids. They were both AMAZING! All the girls requested different looks and each one was so beautiful. They were also able to incorporate florals into everyone's hair! Everybody loved their hair, and that is no easy feat to please 11 girls!! Diem was always professional and responded quickly to all emails. Her prices are also very reasonable. Would highly recommend her!

Sent on 05/25/2017
  • Y

Ysabella · Married on 05/06/2017

We initially found Diem Angie through Yelp, and from our first interaction I could tell that we'd be booking with her for our May wedding in Chicago. She was always very professional, and very prompt with her replies! I'm not very well versed in describing the make-up styles I like, and so I ended up sharing with her my Pinterest page of what I wanted. Not only did she completely understand what I wanted, she helped connect me with a make-up artist, Jean, who absolutely nailed it. I also had my hair styled by her as well, and again, I am not great at describing hair styles. However, after showing her a few pics of the styles I liked, she was able to synthesize them and come up with one that fit perfectly for me and for our wedding. What's more, all of the members of my bridal party had great experiences as well! I could not have been happier with Diem Angie's services, and highly recommend them!

Sent on 06/09/2017

Amy · Married on 12/10/2016

I can't say enough good things about Diem Angie. I would use again for any event, perfect for wedding hair/make-up.

Sent on 01/08/2017
  • Christine and Patrick

Christine · Married on 10/15/2016

A good friend of mine referred me to Diem Angie Co. Her best friend had recently gotten married and they had used Diem Angie Co. for their hair and makeup services and absolutely loved the team and their work. I reached out to Diem to inquire about her team, their services and to check their availability. Diem was very quick to respond and was even willing to speak with me over the phone and answer any concerns or questions I had. I felt very positive about her team and their services after our conversation and proceeded with setting up a trial.
    Diem recommended Abbey for my hair and Patricia for my makeup as she felt they would both achieve the boho/whimsical bridal look I was going for. She was completely right - Both Abbey and Patricia were AMAZING! They were both so friendly and easy to talk to. Throughout my trial, they went step-by-step with my hair and makeup to make sure it was exactly as I envisioned it.
    The day of my wedding, Diem sent two additional team members (Bethany and Elisabeth) to ensure all 13 girls would have their hair and makeup done on-time. The team was prompt, professional and extremely friendly/helpful to everyone. They paid close attention to each girl’s hair and makeup “inspiration” photos and made every effort to ensure they were happy with their look step-by-step. Abbey even stayed behind to help each girl put on their flower crown to make sure everything was secure and looked perfect – I really appreciated that! I was so pleased with how everyone’s hair and makeup (including my own) turned out as it was exactly the wedding look I was going for!
    I highly recommend Diem Angie Co. for Weddings and/or special occasions. It was truly a great experience working with them!

Sent on 01/18/2017

Danielle · Married on 09/16/2016

I am SO happy we booked Diem Angie's team! Pati was my hair/makeup artist, and she completely nailed it! I had a trial with another company, that unfortunately left me a bit nervous, but Pati came in and saved the day. I explained what I was looking for, and got it exactly right. Looking back at my photos, I loved loved loved my hair and makeup. The other women that came in and did my bridesmaids were fantastic as well - very nice and professional. highly recommend!!

Sent on 10/16/2016

Sevina · Married on 09/03/2016

Diem was so amazing through the hectic schedule of my Indian wedding! She did a fabulous job with me, my family and bridesmaids. I would recommend her and her team to everyone out there :-) I also had her place eyelash extensions a few weeks before the wedding. I got so many compliments!

Sent on 04/05/2017

Shivani · Married on 08/20/2016

Pati did my hair and make up for 3 of my brothers wedding events. She was so incredible! Very patient, always on-time and very easy to talk to. She made the wedding weekend much less stressful. My hair and make up turned out exactly how I wanted it and I received many compliments. She was able to replicate all the photos I showed her and is relatively fast at what she does. I would recommend her to any bride or bridal party!

Sent on 06/09/2017

Anya · Married on 07/09/2016

Diem and her team were wonderful. I had a trial done for hair and makeup and was worried that my hair would fall out of its curls by the end of the night so Diem had Sarah email me to discuss what we could do about this. I also felt that my makeup was too much during the trial and Patricia offered to come back to try to lighten it. Both ladies made me feel 100% prepared for my special day.
    On my wedding day, 4 ladies came so that we could all start at a later time. They were all early and ready to go right away! I was blown away by how I looked after Sarah and Patricia finished. My hair held its curls the entire night and my makeup was absolutely perfect!! It was understated exactly like I had envisioned for myself. I had so many people tell me that I looked like a movie star at the Oscars. Not a bad way to feel on your wedding day!!!

Sent on 07/20/2016

Kathy · Married on 05/28/2016

I had Diem do my mom's and my hair and makeup for my wedding on May 28, 2016. I couldn't be happier with her work! She and her team are master artists! Thank you for making me and my mom look glamorous!!

Sent on 01/16/2017

Alison · Married on 05/14/2016

I am getting married in St. Louis, but had my engagement shoot in Chicago, so I needed to find someone in the area to do my hair and makeup. I found Diem Angie on Yelp and, after reading the reviews, I decided to reach out and I am SO glad I did! She was very responsive and flexible with me as my schedule changed a bit in the days leading up to the appointment. She made me feel very comfortable during the process and I couldn't be happier with the results! I've only received a few sneak peek images from the shoot, but they are stunning and I have Diem Angie to thank for making it happen! I hope to stay in touch and hire her for my future hair and makeup needs! :)

Sent on 07/17/2015
  • Y

Yu · Married on 05/14/2016

They provided makeup and hairs for me and bridesmaid. We love our looking on wedding photos. The team is professional and responsible. We made our choice first, then they followed our favorite and gave some suggestions. Thanks for their help, I got a memorable wedding.

Sent on 05/25/2016