Dibbles Inn Orchard & Estate Reviews

1 User photo

Dibbles Inn Orchard & Estate 1

Cody Stewart · Getting married on 08/17/2019

Highly recommend

I have nothing but good things to say about dibbles. Our experience with them has been great. Looking forward to our wedding August 17,2019.

Sent on 11/13/2018

Jess · Married on 10/07/2016

First off, this is hands down the best value you will find for a one-stop-shop kind of wedding venue in CNY if you want a nice, beautiful place for a big wedding. The staff goes above and beyond to make your day amazing. My husband and I researched and visited many venues before we chose Dibbles, it only took one meeting with the owner to know it was the one. You get on site catering, the packages are customizable and they have options to work with your budget. The on site cake catering is optional, but you end up saving time and money going that route. We had cupcakes and they were AMAZING, Mackenzie is a talented pastry chef as is the rest of the catering staff. We chose the Adirondack Room to fit our Harry Potter theme for around 110 guests, which is on the bottom floor so they have a nice outdoor area right outside the room for your guests that smoke, want some air or to take pictures. The ceremony area for that room is also right outside which is convenient. We were the only wedding in the building that day, but I've heard they do a great job at handling up to three weddings at a time. So many guests told us our wedding was the best they've ever been to, they loved the food and the service. I had JoAnne K. as my room coordinator, she was right there with me the whole day when I needed her and did a great job at keeping everyone on point. She always got right back to me when I contacted her. The only thing I didn't like is that I wasn't put in contact with her from the beginning, I know they have a system for who does what there but I would have felt more comfortable earlier in the process if I was in touch with her from the start. I was shuffled between two other women, one of them by mistake, before I finally was told JoAnne was handling my wedding. I just wish I had been assigned to her earlier because she was so great! All of the ladies were great, it was just confusing. Other than that, thank you to everyone at Dibbles for making our day amazing!

Sent on 10/26/2016

Carley · Married on 08/09/2014

Dibble's Inn did an outstanding job with both our ceremony and reception. Our guests were very impressed and we were highly satisfied with our choice in venue!

Sent on 08/25/2014

BEAUTIFUL ROOMS AND A BEAUTIFUL LANDSCAPE FOR PICTURES! WE HAD A WONDERFUL WEDDING DAY AND THE FOOD WAS DELICIOUS!

Sent on 10/29/2015

Nicole · Married on 10/03/2015

3.5

Overall, our wedding at Dibbles turned out beautifully from the staff at Dibbles. We got married outside in the garden and had the reception in the Adirondack room. Kristin was my wedding coordinator and did such an amazing job. I was so happy with everything she did for us. She really went above and beyond in service and flexibility to meet our needs and she was willing to help in every way she could. She decorated our room just like I wanted, had the wedding set up and organized perfectly. The food was really delicious and so many people gave us compliments. We were very pleased. I believe they offer the most services for your money and they will put on a beautiful wedding. The only downfall is that there were some issues with communication in the beginning and some changes in staff. Sometimes, things got a little fuzzy due to misunderstandings. However, I found that once we met with Kristin for our final walkthrough, I was completely happy and relieved knowing that things were going to run smoothly. It's just in the beginning, more attention is focused on the upcoming weddings which is completely understandable so I didn't really feel completely comfortable with everything until our final walkthrough. The only other thing I would say is that if you are having your wedding in the Adirondack room, be aware that if it's raining all day, there really isn't a lot of indoor places to take pictures if there are other weddings going on. You have to stay downstairs in your room so taking pictures inside isn't really the best option. Hopefully it's a nice day outside or you have a small wedding party. We were able to get married outside so that wasn't a problem for us. Overall, I would definitely recommend Dibbles and if I had to, I would pick them all over again and have it there again. We were very pleased. Kristin was truly wonderful!

Sent on 10/22/2015

Overall, great value. We really enjoyed having our wedding at Dibbles Inn, though we did run into some odd quirks along the way.

We booked the venue about 15 months in advance. Our assigned coordinator changed three times in the course of our wedding planning (staff turnover), but we made sure to confirm our details after each change and it didn't seem to cause significant issues.

On the day of our wedding, Kristin (our coordinator) was friendly and excellent at keeping things moving smoothly and everyone on schedule. We did run into guests from another wedding as we went to the ceremony space, but once we were back in the reception rooms, the space felt like ours. There were no noise issues from other weddings. The room was beautiful. The DJ (recommended by Dibbles) was great, and clearly comfortable with the staff. The uplighting was good. Our guests had a great time. The food was plentiful and of high quality.

Here are some of the odd quirks we ran into-
    - On the day before our wedding, we were visiting the ceremony site and we noticed that the flowers that had previously lined the walkway had been been mowed over. We asked about it and were told that the bride from a few weeks previous had complained about the flower color so much that Dave decided to resolve the problem by running the lawnmower over them. Sad for us, all the couples that came after.
    - We had Dibbles provide the cake. Despite confirming the details (design, flavors, and decoration) at every meeting, the cake that showed up at our wedding looked nothing like the one we picked out. It had almost no decoration and a random, plastic leaf was stuck in the top, near our cake toppers. We didn't make a fuss at the time, and no one responded when we emailed to ask about it after the wedding.

That said, we were really happy to have had our wedding at Dibbles. The owner clearly takes great pride in the place (evidenced by the many improvements made between when we booked and our date).

Sent on 10/12/2015

Once everything was sorted out from changing employees everything seemed to run very smoothly! I packed all my stuff up and dropped it off a couple days before our reception. Everything was put out exactly as we discussed. It looked beautiful! The food was great. Someone helped me get my own food so I didn't get anything on my dress and they gave me a giant tablecloth to cover up with. Everything was right on schedule and the day was perfect!

Sent on 08/31/2015
  • Marissa

Marissa · Married on 08/23/2014

Overall experience was FANTASTIC- we were married in late August and we were 1 of 2 ceremonies and 1 of 3 receptions that evening. We married in the Ceremony Garden under the tree and had our reception in the Silver Garden. The wait staff and coordinators were helpful, we are STILL receiving compliments on how delicious the food was (buffet). We had 2 people with dietary restrictions that were served their own dinner and were very impressed. The staff does a great job making you feel like you are the only party at the venue. Something else our guests LOVED was the late night pizza!

What's keeping them from a PERFECT review: We had 135 people in the garden outside. We really wish everyone could have had their own seat (some older people came that ended up needing chairs- luckily our younger friends volunteered their own.) There was enough room, but we kept going back and forth with the venue about needing more chairs and they assured us not everyone would want a seat, but we know our guests would have been more comfortable with seating. Also, during the signature drink time, there were only a few trays brought out and people came to the dance floor looking for the fancy drink with the glo-stick and there weren't enough for everyone (just on the dance floor.) Lastly, the staff knew the wedding party and family were coming an hour early to take formal pictures in the garden. When we arrived, they were still setting up the backdrop on the alter which delayed our pics and we were forced to take them elsewhere- the curtains weren't even for our wedding(they got mixed up.) Again, I'm just writing a few things that kept me from giving the Dibbles a PERFECT rating. We are very happy with the service and would absolutely choose them again. They went out of their way with other requests to help execute the vision we had for our day. Thank you for all your hard work Michelle & Staff!

Sent on 10/15/2014

Briana · Getting married on 08/20/2019

Food Tasting

My fiancé, parents, and future in laws attended our tasting this past weekend and the experience was so much fun! All the food was delicious and we had a tough time deciding which food we wanted because we wanted them all 😊 the staff went above and beyond for us this past weekend and answered all our questions. We can’t wait to get married there in August 2019!

Sent on 11/14/2018

Toni · Getting married on 07/20/2019

Great Experience!

My fiancé and I went to Dibbles for our tasting for our wedding that we’re having next July at The Cannery. We were blown away with all the food choices that we had. Not only was there a ton of food, but also desserts and an open bar. The staff was all very helpful and took the time to answer our questions. We can’t wait to spend our special day here! - Toni Lago

Sent on 11/25/2018

3.5

Their remodeling is beautiful! and excellent food!

Sent on 01/26/2013

Faith · Married on 06/05/2010

The whole establishment is very beautiful place for a reception. They are willing to work with you for what you are looking for in a reception. The food was VERY good.

Sent on 06/18/2010

Courtney · Married on 10/18/2008

3.0

Okay so Dibble's Inn was a pretty good place. We got married there and had our reception there. What I didn't like was ONE of the head people because she was very bossy and tried to charge me the new prices (Which were higher) when her partner already informed us we would be getting the old prices. She also tried telling me that I couldn't have my rehersal the night before my wedding. But the woman I booked with was A LOT better with customer service (ask for Sue) because she did everything the way I needed it done. (My husband has a child with someone else and he was the ring bearer and his ex NEVER would have let him have him unless it was the weekend he was supposed to have him...so problem number 1 with having the rehersal NOT the night before). The food was EXCELLENT! And everyone had a blast. It was a big space and no one was cramped. But insist on having the ceremony (if you have it there) on the dance floor and make sure the aisle is plenty wide because my husband and I couldn't even walk together once we were married (Partly because my dress was big too). And make sure you ask them to cut the cake pieces wider OR ask them in inches how wide because I had the whole wedding cake left over (because they cut the sheet cakes first and not the wedding cake) But nothing else went wrong. It was decorated right the food was AWESOME and the mood was right and EVERYONE said it was a lovely wedding. (No one noticed the little details that my mother and I did because well we knew how it was supposed to go!) So great place to get married/have a reception!

Sent on 11/06/2008

Diandra · Married on 04/21/2017

3.5

I JUST WANT TO SAY THAT OUR WEDDING WAS THE MOST BEAUTIFUL DAY EVER AND WE ARE TRULY THANKFUL TO HAVE HAD IT AT DIBBLES. YOU GET A LOT FOR YOUR BUCK AND THE FOOD IS AMAZING. I WOULD RECOMMEND THEM ANY DAY/ANY TIME. But there is a lot of room to improve: when we first saw Dibbles we literally fell in love and knew that we would be getting married in the Adirondack room. The owner, Dave, was super friendly and was the one that gave us the tour. We liked him because he made it sound like our wedding planning and day will flow smoothly without a lot of our involvement. We were promised that we would be able to get married outside, or if the weather wasn’t on our side we would get married in another one of the rooms. Dave also offered us a wedding photographer through the venue. This sounds like a steal, but beware this photographer does not have a portfolio or any actual experience. These were the most unflattering pictures anyone has ever taken of me & my then fiancé. Nonetheless, we found all vendors on our own after that. Dave can be like a salesman, he wants you to book so do some research before saying yes to everything. Communication is an issue with the venue, so you will need to be more hands on throughout your planning. CALL CALL CALL. Dave and the wedding planner were not on the same page related to us getting married outside or having the ceremony in another room. Again, you have to advocate for yourself and be involved. Days before the wedding we were finalizing payments, there was a lot of back and forth because we kept getting inaccurate statements. PAY ATTENTION TO THE BILL! Regarding our wedding day: guest told us there were not enough seats for the ceremony and that some had to stand. The wedding planner couldn't make decisions & kept asking us. I cleaned my own suite. It was a bummer that we were not packed food from the cocktail hour. So we have no clue what that taste like. Hopefully they work on that. The venue has so much potential.

Sent on 06/30/2017

3.5

We had our wedding at the Dibbles Inn’s Oak room and ceremony at the Creekside Pavilion. When we met first Dave (the owner) he was very enthusiastic and said we could do pretty much anything we wanted. We found out after we got a coordinator appointed to us that some things we were promised or told were ok weren’t in fact ok or had never been done before. We were disappointed, but we continued and Joanne (our coordinator) worked very hard with us and tried really hard to make things right and make our day the way we envisioned. She worked her butt off the day of our wedding and everything went so smoothly. She really was on top of things! The only negative thing I can say about the Dibbles is that because they have so many weddings there, they tend to be very strict with they’re schedule because as soon as one wedding is over they prepare for the next one, which sucked because kind of had to end the party even though our guests still were having fun . The pastry chef Mackenzie was awesome, she made the cake, half-moon cookies, cannoli, cupcakes, and everyone raved about them. Another positive about the Dibbles is Dave’s commitment to building the business. He is constantly investing in the business and making improvements to the building and the amenities.

Sent on 08/17/2016
  • jase6173

jaime · Married on 10/10/2009

4.2

We had both ceremony and reception at Dibble's Inn. It happened to change owners a couple times from time of reservation and the actual wedding. Not much changed between teh owners. The garden where we got married wasnt as full as I expected it to be ( I heard they were getting rid of it - not sure if its true). The food was FANTASTIC! Most of the service was great. We had a few issues with getting what was agreed on with the open bar. The Gold Room was my room, the DJ used lighting to make it perfect, by itself it would have been lacking. My biggest issue was there was THREE different weddings at the same time. In retrospect, I may have gone with a venue that only does one wedding at a time. The owner (Charlene) was great with any requests and keeping me calm thru out the time I worked with her.

Sent on 10/11/2009

Jennifer · Married on 10/27/2018

Continent venue

Our overall experience with Dibbles and the cannery was fantastic. Our guests have raved about our wedding and how great it was. From the outside, not knowing the backstory of what we wanted it was great. The grounds and the rooms/building are lovely, and it is obvious David and his staff take pride in it. The bridal suite in the cannery was perfect. However, no one told us that we weren’t able to use the room until a certain time, which didn’t work and there was a miscommunication there. There were also A few miscommunications along the way that were disappointing, but when there are several hands in the pot that tends to happen in any situation. Whenever I felt that I did not receive something I was promised, I was told to review my contract...even mid reception instead of accommodations being made and maybe a bill being sent later. Their overall desire to keep the bride as stress-free as possible and to make our day special and seamless was very apparent. I would definitely recommend the venue but please make sure you take time to sit down and go through your contact with your desires. I was told I had transportation for my guests but never thought to check my contract. So after promising guests transportation post wedding we were left to Uber to local hotels. Also, my cake design was horrible and guests did not all receive desert. The cupcakes provided were not enough for my guests and the bride and groom did not have any desert left over to take home. We never tasted our cupcakes, nor did some of our guests. I sent the bakeshop a photo of what I wanted and I was told “you got it”. If they couldn’t do the design I would have chose something else. That being said, overall I would recommend this venue.

Sent on 11/11/2018

4.2

I just had my ceremony and reception at Dibbles in July. We booked with them 10 months in advanced. We ended up with Pam as our planner and she was great. The food was yummy and our cake and dessert table turned out wonderful. In those ten months the turnover rate for chefs and wedding planners there was high so communication was rocky but those things turned out nice.

My biggest complaint is the outside venue (we got married in the garden) was dirty and the flowers were all dead. The chairs were wet and covered in dirt. The day of my wedding I asked if they would be wiped off and we were told by the staff it wasn't in their job description. So my family wiped off all 100 chairs in the ninety degree heat ourselves. I was also told by David who owns dibbles (he promised a lot of things to get us to book) that the garden would be in full bloom and beautiful. There were no flowers and the ones that were there were dead. So we spent a lot of money to bring in our own flowers. The pergola we got married under we covered with tool because it was so dirty and chipping that it didn't look white. My recommendation would be not to get married there and just have the reception there. If you are going to get married there expect to do a lot of cleaning and covering.

Sent on 08/20/2015
  • Theresa

Theresa · Married on 09/09/2017

2.5
      3.0

We had our ceremony and reception here and overall, they were amazing. They have weddings down to a science, so expect to play by their rules, but it was so great knowing our wedding coordinator had everything under control. The food was amazing as well.

Sent on 09/23/2017

Cheryl · Married on 08/20/2016

3.5

The ceremony garden and Adirondack Room were the perfect setting for my daughter's wedding. I can't say enough about the experience and professionalism. The food, cake and cupcakes were delicious! A few things for other brides to consider.. some of the guests (closer to air equipment) were freezing from the room temperature. The staff could not change. When it gets closer to the end of the reception, have someone collect the items that you wanted to save. Although we asked for items to be returned, some of the guests left with them before the Dibbles staff could put them aside. Overall, great venue and I would definitely recommend to others.

Sent on 01/02/2017

2.5

I had my reception and ceremony at Dibble's Inn. They have made remarkable improvements and we were fortunate enough to have our reception in the Oak Room after it was finished being renovated. The setting at Dibble's is gorgeous and our guests said the food was delicious! Sabrina did an amazing job on our cake too. Our assigned coordinator Kristin was a pleasure to work with and did the best she could to make us happy. She was so wonderful in helping to make my family comfortable especially my baby nephew! My only complaint about our experience with Dibble's has to do with the owner/manager Dave's demeanor. In my opinion it would be best for business if he refrained from interacting with brides or their families directly. I have respect for the improvements he's made and his work behind the scenes but when it comes to speaking to people (especially people planning the biggest event of their lives) he just doesn't get it. He didn't like that I arrived at the bridal room at 1PM (even though I had expressed many times my desire to get there as early as possible..) and he punished us by not allowing the upstairs bathroom door to be open until 2. Dave also managed to make the moments before walking down the aisle unpleasant by complaining about how my ceremony was organized because that's "not how they do things". All the other staff we interacted with were pleasant and accommodating. My advice to Dibble's would be to keep Dave behind the scenes. With that being said we were thrilled with how the wedding went and the service at the reception was awesome. The bartenders were friendly and the food was terrific. Dibble's Inn is a beautiful setting for a wedding. With the right management this place would be perfect.

Sent on 06/24/2015

Katelynn · Married on 06/19/2015

3.0

Our overall experience with Dibbles was fantastic. The grounds and the rooms/building are lovely, and it is obvious David and his staff take pride in it. A few miscommunications along the way were disappointing, but when there are several hands in the pot that tends to happen in any situation. Their overall desire to keep the bride as stress-free as possible and to make our day special and seamless was very apparent. I would definitely recommend the venue and services.

Sent on 06/23/2015

Valarie · Married on 09/22/2012

3.5

Dibbles is a great place to have a wedding. The outdoor ceremony area is beautiful. The food was DELICIOUS. The price is very affordable. The only issue we had was a few weeks we were told they changed their menu. Luckily we were able to keep all the food we had specified we wanted. They also had told us about a grooms room but a few weeks before the wedding we were told it had been turned into an office so we could not use it. Not horrible issues but a little more communication would have been appreciated. Other than that it was great!!

Sent on 06/15/2014

Justine · Married on 06/09/2018

3.8
      3.5

My wedding was beautiful and the Cordinator, Carly, was amazing! The day was perfect and the food was great.

The process leading up to the wedding wasn’t what I expected. I felt in the dark until a Cordinator was assigned 3 weeks prior to the wedding. As a bride this is nerve wracking, which made for a lot more last minute items. Many friends have told me they felt like a priority throughout the process at other venues and I do not think you get this until the weeks leading up to the wedding.

Overall I felt like the price was great but found I added on a lot to make it the way I wanted. Of course that was my preference.

Sent on 06/19/2018

Miranda · Married on 05/23/2015

3.8
      3.0

The only reason I gave a 3 for professionalism is because of the owner, Dave. He was very unprofessional and refused to get back to me on answers regarding certain things for our wedding. He would tell us one thing, tell his manager something else, and nobody would be on the same page. Other than that, it's a great place! I love the packages and how they include so many things, the rest of the staff is great, especially Pam! She was right there texting me and calling me along the way and made sure I was happy with everything. The food was FANTASTIC!! Pat is a great chef and Sabrina is a phenomenal pastry chef/baker. And the bartenders were on point all night. Fabulous atmosphere, great space, reasonable prices.

Sent on 05/26/2015