Dibbles Inn Orchard & Estate Reviews

155 Reviews for Dibbles Inn Orchard & Estate

1 User photo

Dibbles Inn Orchard & Estate 1

Bill · Married on 06/02/2012

I would like to thank all of the staff at Dibbles Inn for making my daughters wedding a fabulous event. I consider all aspects of the day , equally important, and from the moment that she steeped through the door on her special Saturday it was sheer heaven for her. I cannot tell you how important that was to me and my wife. First the building was spotless, the waitstaff were very efficient and polite and they worked very hard, Your thoughtfulness was greatly appreciated. Amy had a very difficult limo ride and Barb was very helpful in helping her to feel better, quickly. We were taken back by how beautiful everything was. The newly renovated Dibble s Inn is like going back in time. the rooms turn back the pages of time to an era of great beauty and elegance. We all felt exceedingly lucky to be part of the first wedding to take place at the new Dibbles Inn! I feel the need to emphasize, again, the appreciation that my wife and i have towards Barb, the waitstaff at the bar and at the dining hall as well. They worked very hard and did a fantastic job!!! They were so pleasant and did everything they could to make Amy s evening a very special one. The meal itself was absolutely wonderful and the vegan meal, for a friend of ours, was fantastic. She made a point of letting us know how great it tasted. The fact that the chef came out of the kitchen and asked my daughter how the meal was speaks volumes for his skills and dedication. Everyone I talked to thoroughly enjoyed themselves and was also impressed with the entire wedding production. My father-in-law pays strict attention to detail and his words were, Bill, everything ran like clockwork ! This is a tribute to Dibbles and everyone that worked that night to make this such a fantastic event! Thank you again for all you did and I will surely let everyone know that Dibbles Inn is a great place to hold a wedding or other special event.

Sent on 11/30/2012

Diane · Married on 05/05/2012

My perfect day was made even better by the staff at Dibbles Inn. I have attended weddings at The Turning Stone and its not even close. Dibbles is the best I have seen.

Sent on 12/01/2012

lisa · Married on 03/17/2012

My father is the worst critic of all time and in his words, "the best wedding food he has ever had, some of the best food period he has ever had." If you win him over you win. The entire event was incredible. Place is beautiful. Staff is wonderful. Really just cant say enough.

Sent on 12/24/2012

MaryJeanne · Married on 12/10/2011

To everyone at Dibbles Inn, Please know how very much we appreciated all of your efforts during the preparation and presentation of our daughter’s wedding. We are grateful for your patience and foresight which enabled everything (except for the disastrous photographer..) to be simply beautiful. The room looked radiant, and all of your special touches meshed perfectly. Sarah couldn’t have been happier! She was such a beautiful bride, and both said they had such fun! The food was delicious! Kudos to the chef! He too was a godsend...And most of all Barb, Thank you for your personal & professional with which you treated us. We will certainly pass our positive experience to those about to wedding plan. Thank you again ....Oh, and let’s not forget our hard working wait staff who enabled everything to move so smoothly! Yay!!!!!

Sent on 11/30/2012

Kim · Married on 10/15/2011

I was married at Dibbles Inn. 10/15/2011. It was spactacular. The Room was perfectly decorated (thank you Barb for all your help) The Manager Barb was there every step of the was. She made sure my day was perfect. Every single guest raved about the food. We had the Black Tie menu and I strongly recomend it to everyone. Presentation of the food was pefect and as I said everyone was thrilled. Thank you to all the staff and most of all Barb for making my day perfect!!

Sent on 12/01/2012

Barb · Married on 03/31/2018

Dibbles was amazing!! The staff was wonderful and made our day just perfect. The food was outstanding and the old Victorian mansion was so beautiful, inside and out. We had stunning pictures taken in the garden after our ceremony. We couldn't have asked for a more perfect wedding day!!

Sent on 11/05/2012

Annaliese · Married on 12/20/2014

Dave and Beth have done absolutely everything to make me wedding exactly what I want it. The food is amazing, they have made all changes I have inquired about and kept my cost down by offering many options.

Sent on 12/05/2014

Sandra · Married on 09/15/2012

When planning a wedding, friends warn you not to expect every detail to be perfect. In our case, our event far exceeded our expectations, and we'll always reflect on our day as perfection.

If you've met Barb, the general manager, this will not come as a surprise. She was professional, detail oriented, attentive to our concerns, open to our ideas and provided recommendations upon request.

The staff were professional & polite. They set up our garden ceremony site & the reception area exactly as discussed. When the cake vendor inadvertently setup the cake in the wrong location, they quickly informed us of what happened, offering to correct same - as it turned out, we preferred the cake in the new location. During our reception, they assisted our elderly guests with the buffet line. They treated me like a princess - carrying my plate, helping me get seated, and carefully arranging a large cloth to protect my dress during dinner. After the reception, they quickly packaged our cake/accessories, gifts and leftover favors to make loading up the car easy.

In advance of our event the chef, Steve, provided a tasting and a detailed description of the food preparation. We chose the Shenandoah buffet, customized to include grilled salmon plates for me and our guests that do not eat beef/chicken. During the reception, Steve came to us to verify that we were satisfied with the food. 3-weeks later, our family & friends are still telling us how wonderful the hors d'oeuvres and buffet were. The guests at one of the family tables agreed that our buffet was the best of any wedding they could recall.

The inn is immaculately kept and pleasantly decorated. The Oak Room bar is embellished with photos of the original owners and other original memorabilia. The garden was an exquisite setting for our ceremony & photos.

Many thanks to Dibbles Inn for providing us an unforgettable day - we will never forget you!

Sent on 10/07/2012

Salli · Married on 08/04/2012

We had our daughters wedding at Dibble's this past weekend and it was an amazing day. The ceremony was in the beautiful garden and the reception was in the Silver Garden Room which had some recent upgrades. The food was great and there was plenty of it. Barb was a joy to work with and her staff were very attentive especially to the bride and groom...they even carried the brides food back to the table for her and the chef came out to make sure they were happy with the meal. My daughters wedding day was everything she had pictured it would be. Thanks to everyone at Dibbles Inn.

Sent on 08/06/2012

Caitlin · Getting married on 10/19/2019

Great experience so far

My fiancé and I just completed our tasting. The food I chose to taste was all good, but the desserts were my favorite! All of the staff was helpful, especially when we were looking for some of the food listed but couldn’t find it to try. We are very excited for our wedding day, which is October 19, 2019!
    Caitlin Hunter

Sent on 11/12/2018

Dibbles Inn Orchard & Estate's reply:

Hi Caitlin,

Thank you so much for your kind words. We are so excited and honored to be a part of your big day! Can't wait!

Katie O’Neil · Married on 06/08/2019

Absolutely wonderful!

Dibbles Inn has been great in our wedding planning. The staff is very helpful and able to accommodate your needs/budget. I highly recommend this beautiful place.

Sent on 11/11/2018
  • Mallory

Mallory · Married on 04/12/2019

Can’t wait for April!

Our wedding is this April and we are so excited! Everything has gone so easily so far. We did our tasting today and it was awesome! The food is great, there are so many options. The owner was there to say hello to everyone and answer questions, the stagf seemed genuinely excited for everyone. The whole process has been so easy. The owner will even respond to texts for quick questions.

Sent on 11/11/2018

Rebecca · Married on 11/18/2017

Awesome over all experience! Joann was outstanding! Everything went smoothly and very well. The staff were very nice and helpful. The only downside was having the tables cleared was too fast. Some of our guests were not able to finish their champagne or food. Had a couple guests go to get seconds and cone back to their silverware being gone already. Efficient but maybe too quick to clean the tables off.

Sent on 12/03/2017

Kelsey · Married on 07/30/2016

I'm getting married here in July 2016 and I am beyond excited! The staff is so professional and have gotten back to me on all my questions right away. We had our food tasting with both our parents and the food was AMAZING; and trust when I say that you will most definitely not leave the tasting hungry. They give you so much food at the tasting, go with an empty belly! They have just redone some rooms, the silver garden room I know is one of them, and I cannot wait to see it all redone; it was beautiful before the renovations!

Sent on 12/17/2015

Meghan · Married on 05/23/2015

My husband and I recently got married at Dibbles and we could not have asked for a more perfect day! Both my husband and I are originally from New York but now live in Boston and knew that we wanted a Central NY wedding to keep it easy for our family. Fortunately we found Dibbles Inn on Wedding Wire and contacted Dave to set up a visit. From the moment I saw the Adirondack Room, I knew that was where I needed to get married. Another reason we decided Dibbles was the place for us is the fact that they are a well-oiled machine and would take care of many of the small details, ideal for our "destination wedding." We did experience a hiccup during the planning process (our original date was double booked) but Dave worked with us to find an alternate date. We did work with two different coordinators throughout the year long planning process, which led to some confusion. In the end, though, we worked with Kristin to finalize all of our day-of details. Kristin was an absolute dream to work with. She was always super helpful and always got back to us very quickly. On the big day Kristin was incredible. I cannot even articulate how wonderful she was. She was able to corral three different families (my parents are both remarried) and keep everyone where they needed to be, when they needed to be there. She had a chilled bottle of champagne waiting for us in the bridal suite when we arrived and even helped calm everyone's nerves when our shuttle was late bringing guests to the ceremony. Dave was also extremely helpful during the day. He helped shuttle family members between locations for photos during the cocktail hour and had suggestions for the best photo locations. We have received so many compliments about the venue itself as well as the food and the staff. The eggplant dishes were Dave's family's recipes and were amazing, and I'm typically not even an eggplant fan! All in all, we had such an amazing day and could not be happier with our experience.

Sent on 06/06/2015

We first started working with Barb a year+ before our wedding. When Michelle took over, we were nervous about how things would turn out, but Michelle was great about getting back to us. When we got to see the room and set up some things for our rehearsal, we complained about some of the chair linens being dirty and they changed them out. The room looked great the day of our wedding and the garden (right outside our room) was beautiful! Our cake never showed up the day of the wedding and Dibbles made us a cake a few hours before the wedding started! The staff were great and helpful to us the whole night. We would recommend to anyone to get married at Dibbles Inn!

Sent on 09/15/2014

Ashley · Married on 06/28/2013

Dibble's Inn made our wedding absolutely amazing! When I was searching for a reception venue, I was beginning to get frustrated with all of the "extras" that were not included in most other places that I checked out, and the prices were still outrageous! Finding Dibble's Inn was like a breath of fresh air! They include EVERYTHING you need in their packages, and there are no hidden costs! My husband and I chose the Hoffman Menu Package, but because our wedding was held on a Friday night, we were discounted to the next lowest package price per person, which saved us a lot of money! The packages at Dibble's include everything you could want at your reception such as uplighting, all linens, menu cards at each place setting, chair covers and ribbons, chargers, optional centerpieces, ice sculptures, a signature drink (with a glow stick!), and homemade french fries at the bar to end the night! The number one selling point of Dibble's Inn for us was the fact that all of these details and extras for the reception were included in the package price. All of these extras were on top of delicious appetizers and dinner choices! We are STILL receiving compliments on how delicious the food was at our wedding! During the reception, the chef actually made a point to come up to Michael and I and ask our opinion of the food, making sure everything was to our liking, which made the experience that much more personal. My husband and I only wish we had more time to eat all of the great food that night!
    The venue itself is also absolutely gorgeous. After the ceremony, we went immediately to Dibble's Inn to take advantage of the picturesque gardens and architectural elements that the venue has to offer with our photographer.
    We had an unforgettable experience with Dibble's Inn as our reception venue and would (and have) recommend them to anyone searching for a unique and affordable place to hold your big day!
    Thank you Dibble's Inn!!

Sent on 07/17/2013
  • samann04

Samantha · Married on 09/04/2010

I think that Dibble's Inn did a great job. The ceremony was great out in the garden. We had our reception in the Silver Garden Room. It was beautiful. We had the Traditional Buffet and the food was delicious! I would recommend Dibble's to others!

Sent on 09/21/2010

Courtney · Married on 08/09/2008

Dibble's Inn was a beautiful site for our reception. They were very helpful with the set up, they took care of all the center pieces and provided napkins that matched our wedding colors. The food was excellent and the service matched it.

Sent on 09/02/2008

Paige · Married on 06/24/2017

3.5

My Husband and I are extremely happy with how our wedding reception turned out at the Oak Room at Dibbles Inn. It was one of the last reception venues we looked at and Dave the owner explained everything that we would get in great detail. We loved how Dibbles offers couples packages that include so many amenities and we didn't have to hire outside vendors to get some of those "extra touches". Once the reception got closer, Renee, our coordinator was in contact and was always quick to answer any of my questions. She did an absolute amazing job at designing the room exactly how we wanted it to be. I wrote/typed out many instructions on where I wanted things and how I wanted the reception to go and she did a flawless job at making that perfect. All of our guests stated that the food and desserts were amazing, along with the late night pizza! Mackenzie did an amazing job at making our wedding cake the exact way we discussed and tasted amazing! The shuttle back to the hotel was a huge help for some of our guests. We really enjoyed how we had the Oak Room, Empire Room, Dance area and Bar area for all of our guests to enjoy. We are so happy we had our wedding reception at Dibbles and would recommend to anyone.

Sent on 07/17/2017

Beth and her staff did an amazing job. Everything was flawless. Great food, attentive staff and really allowed my vision come to fruition.

Sent on 10/11/2014

Jessica · Married on 06/21/2014

I had my ceremony and reception at Dibbles Inn. Shortly after I got engaged, I researched venues on the Internet. I came across Dibbles Inn and knew right away that it would be hard to beat their value based on the prices and what was included. We ended up having our ceremony in the creek side pavilion and we absolutely LOVED it! We had picture perfect weather that day fortunately and it was the most beautiful spot to have a ceremony. The guests could not stop raving about it. The pavilion was just recently built and is quite a walk from Dibbles, so the employees provided golf carts for those who needed a ride back and forth- this was a very nice touch! After the ceremony, the reception took place in the Silver Garden room and everything went very smoothly from start to finish. We had a buffet and everyone LOVED the food and couldn't stop talking about how good it was. I was very impressed that one of the employees brought me a drape to wear over my dress to prevent getting stains on it while eating and also made my plate for me! The employees were very responsive and the cook came out to make sure everything was okay. We had worked with Michelle and even though she said that day was her day off, she came in to work for a bit and helped out with the wedding, which was much appreciated! We also have to give a lot of credit to Pam. She was absolutely WONDERFUL in meeting our needs, asking questions, and reassuring that everything would be just fine. The only complaint that I have is through the process, it was sometimes hard to get a hold of somebody at Dibbles. I know there were a few changes in management, so that may have been why, but there were times where I would call over and over again and never receive a call back. Also, part of the package included personalized menus. We did not have those at the reception. Besides that, I really can't complain about anything. Our day went fabulously. Thank you Dibbles Inn!!!! -Jessica & Justin

Sent on 07/15/2014

Karen · Married on 10/29/2011

We had the best experience at Dibble's Inn. The staff was amazing and the food was to die for. Not only did we stay within our budget, our wedding was more than we could have ever dreamed possible. A special thanks to Barb and her staff for their excellent service and making us feel so welcome. IT WAS AWESOME!

Sent on 12/08/2011
  • Kalei and Mehmet

Kalei and Mehmet · Married on 08/20/2010

We were on a tight budget and Dibble's was very budget friendly while fulfilling all of our wishes and wedding plans. I did not feel like I settled for less due to a small budget. The gardens were beautiful, as was garden view room where we had our reception. The bridal suite and green room where the all the boys hung out before the ceremony were also great and served their purposes very well! Charlene was great to work with and was very open to my ideas for the big day. I would recommend Dibble's to anyone, on a budget or not. All of our guests loved the food and the place.

Sent on 09/14/2010

Tim Leonard · Getting married on 10/19/2019

Good so far.

My Fiancee and I just completed our tasting over the past weekend. There were a few items listed on the tasting menu which were not set out, but Barb was very helpful in either explaining why the item wasn't available or having a special plate made for us to try. I must say, the Pulled Pork was delicious! Planning has been going smoothly so far, which was a major concern of ours when picking a venue as we wanted a central location for all family and means we are planning from out of state. All in all the experience has been good so far and I very much looking forward to our wedding day! As a note, the reason I knocked a star off for flexibility is because there we were told we weren't allowed to create a signature drink and had to choose 1 of 5 arbor mist (the wine cooler) flavors... hopefully this can change when we are assigned a coordinator closer to the wedding.
    Tim Leonard