Diamond Oak Events Reviews

7 | Clear Lake, IA

7 Reviews for Diamond Oak Events

Melia · Married on 08/18/2017

Could not have picked a better place, everything was perfect. Gwen and Scott were so accommodating, making sure everything was exactly how we wanted it. So professional, kind, and truly offer everything there. I would recommend a 1000x over to everybody. My guests were in awe too.

Sent on 08/26/2017

Jason · Married on 06/24/2017

I'd rather not get into the 100 things that Scott and Gwen did to make our day exceptional. I don’t think I’ll have enough room and believe the 5-star ratings across the board speak for themselves. But it's the hosts and venue together that really made our day special. The trees, greenery, pavilion, outdoor ceremony area, and trolley all combine to give the wedding a personality of its own. They somehow made the day bigger than it already was. There were several moments during the ceremony and reception when I caught myself just looking around, trying to take it all in. And I don’t think I was alone in that. My bride and I could be happier with how we were treated and how the day went.

Sent on 06/30/2017

Brie · Married on 06/16/2017

Literally loved everything everything about Diamond Oak and the owners, Scott and Gwen. I was wary because of how new they were, but they had decorations available, and were more than happy to help me arrange everything and were very accommodating to fit my schedule. They were very reasonably priced, and the service was amazing. I'll always recommend Diamond Oak!

Sent on 06/30/2017

Andra · Married on 05/28/2017

Our wedding was perfect thanks to Diamond Oak Events. The staff was wonderful and they worked hard to make sure everything ran smoothly. The venue rental includes so many things including decorations, tables, chairs, everything down to the napkins! They even had stuff I didn't know I needed until the big day. It really helped us save money not having to rent or purchase additional things. Beautiful location. They even provide a trolley service for guests to safely get back home.

Sent on 06/07/2017

Megan · Married on 05/25/2017

I cannot tell you how much of a blessing it was to find Diamond Oak Events. Looking for venues in this area is hard enough, but to find a place that did EVERYTHING, and everything so well - we're beyond words.
    1) The venue itself is just GORGEOUS. If I'm being entirely honest, I forgot all about the ceremony. Beyond discussing the content with our officiants, I never gave it a second thought. Scott and Gwen set up the seating, the sound system, and the alter area and it was ready. I didn't buy decorations, and it still looked amazing. Every single family we invited came up after to us and told us how perfect the ceremony was.
    2) They provide so much. They provided a sound system, a trolley (which would have been a huge expense otherwise!), and plenty of decorations. We spent $40 on decorations total, for our entire wedding. They also provided all of the dinnerware and silverware and they cleaned it all up afterward!
    3) They provided extra help for a small additional price. Our caterer didn't have people to clear tables, so Scott and Gwen found people to cut cake, refill drinks, clean tables, and help with anything, for a VERY reasonable price. When we asked if they knew anyone who could help emcee the reception, they found someone, and he did fantastic! We were so happy - and it definitely beat paying so much for a DJ. We had him for a few hours and then switched to a playlist, and we still had people dancing until the end.
    4) They were so accommodating and easy to work with. Any questions we had, they found a solution. It was so stress-free - which was GREAT, because I had so many other things that I was stressing about! They were incredibly kind, we really couldn't asked for better people to help us out. They go above and beyond expectations!
    On top of all that we had multiple people tell us that this was "by far the best wedding we've ever attended", I got texts throughout the weekend about how amazing the venue was. We HIGHLY recommend!

Sent on 05/30/2017

Kara · Married on 05/13/2017

I cannot say enough about how great Scott and Gwen are to work with. Yes, the venue is beautiful and was just what we were looking for in a place to get married, but it was our experience with the staff that made everything perfect. They made everything so easy. Scott was always quick to respond and because we were planning the event from afar, was very flexible in letting us visit when we happened to be in town. Gwen is great at recognizing what is most important to you, and when to step in and make decisions (because there were many things I didn't care that much about-I just wanted someone else to handle it!). She has a great eye for event planning and having her there to guide our decisions made everything very simple. Lots of little things I may not have thought of before planning a wedding were taken care of by the venue (e.g. a great sound system for the outdoor ceremony site, containers for serving beer and wine, blankets for cold guests, chalkboards for menus and directing guests, etc.).

Like the other reviewer said, we didn't even have to bring out decorations - the venue has plenty on hand. We also had great tables, chairs, linens, dishes, etc. The only other vendors we had to work with were for food and music. Also, because the grounds are so beautiful, we just had a few friends take some snapshots of us with the oak trees in the background instead of hiring a photographer. Having everything in one spot definitely made the price worth it for us. And, I would be remiss if I didn't mention how much praise we got from our guests. They loved the scenic location, and enjoyed both the in- and out-door space of the venue. We loved being able to get married in what our pastor called "an outdoor cathedral" and not have to worry about booking two places.

Scott and Gwen worked so hard for us all weekend, and are simply enjoyable people to be with on your special day. We will miss seeing them now that the wedding is over.

Sent on 05/19/2017

I can't express how great this venue was to work with! The owners are kind and friendly. They are willing to answer questions and are flexible with ideas/opinions I had about the wedding! The venue at this point has many decorations that you can use! They also set up the tables, chairs, borrowed (large) furniture (such as barrels, couch), and linens. The natural beauty of the venue made it possible to have minimal decorations and lead to a great atmosphere. They worked well with all my other vendors including meeting with them prior to the wedding for planning. I would strongly recommend the venue as the site for your wedding!!

Sent on 07/01/2016