Diamond DJs Reviews

50 | Cornelius, NC

50 Reviews for Diamond DJs

Kristen · Married on 08/01/2015

There really is not enough to say about Joe and Diamond DJ!! I had my wedding at The Ivy Place in Lancaster and my planner actually suggested Joe to me. She had worked with him several times and said he was the best! Joe and I started off by emailing each other several times back and forth. My husband was stationed out of town so Joe and I would set up a meeting and if I could not end up making it he was so easy to reschedule with and very flexible as well as understanding. The first meeting I had with Joe I was nervous because I was not sure what all I needed to be able to describe what I wanted. However, as soon as we sat down we clicked and I knew he was perfect!! He of course told me about himself and he has so much experience! So for anyone worried your getting a DJ that doesn't really know anything about music trust me this man does!!! He was so easy to talk to and basically knew exactly what I wanted. He sent me suggestions for Ceremony music which I used and check sheets for songs I needed for certain moments in the reception. He was able to do everything I had asked! Once the wedding came he was there super early, played everything on cue and loud enough, he was an AMAZING announcer. All my guests loved him! The power actually cut off at one point in the night and he was calm and able to fix it. Another thing I loved was when guest would request something since we had already spoken about this he would talk to me before playing something or adding something. He went off of how the crowd felt as well. I really can not say enough he is worth the price which honestly is not bad at all plus you get a professional! He was so nice and just made me feel like "ok another thing can be checked off". I really was able to rely on him! So if you need a DJ he is 100% the one to choose.

Sent on 12/21/2015

Joe was amazing to work with! He was so helpful, knowledgable, and passionate. He helped make out reception perfect!!!

Sent on 12/22/2015

Monica · Married on 04/11/2015

The DJ was professional and he kept in touch prior to the wedding. The music for the wedding & reception were perfect!

Sent on 01/02/2016

Emily · Married on 06/07/2014

Joe Larson was great to work with! He was professional, and provided excellent service for my wedding. He went out of his way to make sure everything ran smoothly during the event.

Sent on 06/16/2014

Patricia · Married on 04/27/2014

Joe Larson was wonderful. He was very easy to talk to and was responsive to us every step of the way. We had several special requests and he made them happen, even the last minute changes!

Sent on 05/08/2014

C · Married on 02/22/2014

We used Diamond DJs for our wedding and couldn't be happier! Mike was our DJ and he did a phenomenal job. He was very helpful with keeping the reception on track and very good with time management. I would recommend Diamond DJs to all my friends and family for any future wedding or parties.
    Thanks!

Sent on 03/08/2014

Ann · Married on 10/29/2011

Worth every penny. Thanks Mike!

Sent on 01/10/2012

lisa · Married on 08/27/2011

These DJ's Mike, and Chad are the real deal when it comes to entertainment. When they say they will get the job done, they will not just get it done they will surpass your expectations. So glad I had them on my side....they know how to get a party going and are masters at keeping it going!!! Thanks guys!!

Sent on 09/26/2011

Barbara · Married on 03/19/2011

Diamond DJs was the highlight of our wedding; our guests were up all night dancing!!! Our DJ was incredible with arranging the technicalities of the wedding! Diamond DJs, as a company, was incredible responsive and made planning easy!! We have recommended them to numerous engaged couples and others who are planning events!

Sent on 09/26/2011

Anna · Married on 07/17/2010

Diamond DJs did a great job at my wedding. Joe was my DJ. He met with us not only when we booked the date but 30 days before to go over all the details. He was very professional with the announcements and keeping the reception going all night. He did a great job mixing up the music and taking requests!!!!...oh and he did not play the chicken dance( I hate that song). I would recommend Diamond DJs to any bride who wants a awsome DJ!

Sent on 08/06/2010

Becca · Married on 06/26/2010

Mike was Awesome! Very flexible and fun!

Sent on 07/23/2010
  • I

Dom · Married on 10/03/2009

Joe was great at my wedding. He knew just what music to please our guests which please us. we would recommend Diamond DJs to our friends!! A+++

Sent on 04/07/2010

Kim · Married on 08/14/2009

I got married August 2009. This company's service was great! Not only did they provide my music/ceremony services, they helped me plan the rest of the reception. They provided helpful information on timing, how to organize the reception, etc. to make my night special. The information on timing was important to provide good flow to the evening. 5 star service!!

Sent on 04/11/2010

alan · Married on 09/27/2008

Mike did my wedding on 9-27-08, he did a great job! he sat down with us a month before the wedding and went over everything in detail. We would of been lost without the pointers on what to do and how to do it! He even dusted off his old tape deck for my grand parents for their waltz.(hey there old tapes are all they have..lol. Mike did a good job reading the crowd and playing a good mix of music. All of our guests had a wonderful time!

Sent on 04/07/2010

Lauren · Married on 05/23/2015

I chose Diamond DJ's for my wedding after meeting Joe. He's professional and knowledgeable, while still warm and friendly, down-to-earth, and easy-going. I relied on him to run the reception and he was very flexible during the planning, allowing me to make all the decisions but also providing suggestions when I needed them (which was a lot). He never got annoyed with my incessant emailing (every bride does it!) and kept his cool while I was sending him processional orders and song choices the week of the wedding! The day was as smooth as a wedding could be with the only hangup being the cake cutting. I think many of the guests missed what was happening and then no one knew when to come and get the cake. It was probably an error in my own planning, though. Nevertheless, it was a great time and I'm so glad we went with Diamond DJ's! If you're debating whether to hire a DJ, just do it. You'll regret it if you don't. Thanks, Joe and Diamond DJ's!

Sent on 01/02/2016

Megan · Married on 05/18/2014

Mike did a great job. Everyone really enjoyed the music.

Sent on 06/24/2014

Taylor Jones · Married on 05/06/2018

Friendly DJ that got people dancing!

Joe was great! He met with us before our wedding to get to know us and our style of music. The music during dinner was just what we wanted and after dInner he got our friends and family dancing. Multiple commented on how great our DJ was and loved our music selection. We are thankful that Joe was a part of our reception!

Sent on 12/07/2018

Nicole · Married on 04/21/2018

I enjoyed working with Mike and his wife as we approached out wedding day. I definitely would recommend them as there were people on the dance floor and Mike has a great MC voice for all the events. I remember the reception going very smoothly with his help! They got there very early for set up and I never had to worry about anything with them. Great wedding DJ!

Sent on 05/17/2018
  • Sabrina

Sabrina · Married on 10/03/2014

I decided to go with Diamond DJs as a recommendation from my venue. Mike was very helpful on the phone and even recommended the officiant that we decided to go with.

After we met with Mike, we were very comfortable with choosing him as our DJ. Mike kept the dance floor going all night long. I loved all the music that he played.

My only two gripes are that he didn't play any country music or my husband's "must play" song. I'm sure it had to do with Mike not wanting to lose the momentum on the dance floor and I wish I had realized it during the reception because I would have said something. Also, one of my "must play" songs has vulgar lyrics so I told him I wanted the radio version (which is the version I like anyway). Well, he ended up playing the explicit one with the words bleeped out, so the entire song sounded like it was skipping (yes, that many bad words). so I was frustrated with that because the radio version is easily available.

With that said, I still think that he did a great job and I gave him 5 stars because I would use him again. We had some things that were local to my hometown that he did a great job with and I was totally surprised that he brought uplighting and dance floor lights as an add on. It really added a nice touch and I appreciated it especially since he was willing to work with my budget.

Sent on 11/02/2014

Stacey · Married on 11/09/2013

Mike at Diamond DJ did a fantastic job doing our reception! We could only meet with him once in person and spent most of the time talking on the phone and email since we live in Nashville, but everything was perfect and just as we asked for! Everyone danced all night and had a fantastic time, people are still commenting about how much fun they had. My uncles were going crazy on the dance floor! They were very reasonably priced and extremely professional.

Sent on 12/10/2013
  • Chelsea

Chelsea · Married on 11/03/2018

Great Experience

Mike from Diamond DJs did our wedding reception. He and his wife were great to work with. Mike has a great personality and energy that meshed well with our crowd. He played the songs we requested and also came with a plethora of great music that kept the party going. He worked well with our wedding coordinator to make sure everything flowed smoothly. No complaints about diamond DJs!

Sent on 11/28/2018
  • Dolores

Dolores · Married on 03/17/2015

Absolutely wonderful

The experience was everything I expected, and would definitely use his service again.

Sent on 11/11/2018

Joe was extremely personable and easy to work with. We had lots of songs that we requested to be played and he made sure to include as many as he could. He was extremely helpful in giving suggestions and helping us to plan the flow of our day.

Sent on 05/08/2014

Jessica · Married on 03/08/2008

4.2
      3.0

The DJ was good at what he did and professional. He was not always super-responsive to voicemails, etc. Sometimes we had to call him more than once in order to get him on the phone.

Sent on 07/05/2008

Paul Hanbury · Married on 11/10/2018

1.4
      3.0
      1.0

DJ Dave almost ruined our wedding

DJ Dave was the worst DJ we have ever seen. We asked that he setup on the balcony of our venue overlooking the dance floor to which he hesistantly agreed to do. We regret having him do that because he took it out on our reception. He played all line dances we requested in row to get them out of the way, proceeded to play "elevator" music so people would think the event was over and file out, and worst of all he dished all speaking responsibilities off on the officiant. He was unprofessional, rude and we hope nobody gets stuck with the experience we had!

Sent on 12/11/2018

Diamond DJs's reply:

Thank you for taking the time to review Dave and Diamond DJ Service! We regret that your reception fell short of expectations. Diamond DJ Service works very hard to make your special day fun and memorable. The venue presented a challenge for a "single DJ" entertainer since Dave was set up on the second floor balcony (away from your guests). This eliminated the intimacy and guest interaction with our DJ. We don't play "elevator music"...not sure what you mean there. As for the line dances, they are always good for getting people dancing...and in checking the playlist, Dave played 80% of your guests' requests. Our DJs have over 20 years experience providing entertainment at weddings and events. We appreciate the feedback and will use your input to better serve future couples on their special Wedding Day!

Mike M.