18 Reviews for Di Bruno Bros. Catering and Events

Champagne Toast (2)
Family Style (1)
Tastings (1)
Kosher (1)

DiBruno Brothers catered my engagement party this Summer and it was amazing! From the food to the service, I couldn’t recommend them enough. All of my guests were raving about the pâté and the gorgonzola. Thanks again, it was a night i’ll never forget!

Profile Picture Milanee, 12/31/19, 1 Review
Category: Catering

We had DiBruno Bros cater our off-site 80 person wedding, and they were perfect! Jackie and Genevieve were our catering managers, and they were responsive, professional and flexible with what we needed. They provided amazing, fresh, delicious appetizers, dinner buffet and dessert for a very reasonable price with the Italian favorites package. They were accomodating for our guests with dietary restrictions, ensured that all of our decorations were set up before the wedding, and took care of every detail so we did not have to do anything ourselves. We would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a wedding caterer in the Philadelphia area- they are a Philadelphia institution for a reason!

Profile Picture Emily, 4/20/18, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering

DiBruno's catered our son's wedding in October 2017 and we can't say enough great things about the event. Everyone involved in setting up and serving the food were very professional and accommodating. The meatballs and pasta were outstanding. Guests were so pleased to see them actually being prepared at the reception. The beet and goat cheese ravioli were delicious as well as everything else they served. Would not hesitate to recommend them for your next event. Outstanding job.

Profile Picture Linda, 10/14/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering

We got married at Di Bruno Brothers Upstairs Cafe and truly cannot not say enough good things about Amy and her staff. Amy always very responsive and totally open to some of our less traditional plans. She worked in all the little details I saw on Pinterest, like a milk and cookies bar. The food was PHENOMENAL, we have received nonstop compliments on it when of course it was really all Amy and her team! Also for a center city wedding the value was incredible. We are so happy we picked Di Bruno Brothers for our special day, it was perfect!!

Profile Picture Samantha, 4/22/17, 7 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Outside Alcohol, Italian, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Chairs, Tables

October 16th, 2015 was when we had my daughter's rehearsal dinner upstairs at the Philadelphia Chestnut Street location. The staff from the food servers to the bartender were very accommodating and easy to work with. They were especially nice when we dropped of the alcohol and centerpieces the prior day! The food was delicious and the environment was warm and friendly. Danielle at corporate was very easy to work with. If using the TV and audio for a slides show or DVD go and test it out first.

Profile Picture Jill, 10/16/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering

I've used DiBruno Brothers catering in a professional capacity many times, and knew they would deliver on the charcuterie front. My wedding was in the woods, and I wanted to give my out of town guests a taste of Center City Philly, so the 17th and Chestnut location was perfect for this end.

Traffic and parking at 7 PM on a Thursday was a bit of a headache, but that's not their fault.

As soon as I went upstairs and identified myself as the bride, the head server was so helpful and responsive throughout the entire evening. The entire service staff never hovered, but they were always readily available--something I appreciate as a former server myself.

We were able to order gluten-free and vegan meals ahead of time without issue, and all the other food was AMAZING. The charcuterie display was by far the highlight of the evening--everyone kept commenting on it. The buffet style food was beautiful and tasty.

The standard packages include all service, use of the space, bartending, basic bar mixers, and highend disposable utensils and plates (don't mind the last part--you don't even really notice.)

All in all, it was a fabulous experience and the pricing was reasonable considering the quality, location, and the ease of staff communication. Highly recommend!

Profile Picture Bethany, 10/9/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering, Rehearsal Dinner Location

I had the great pleasure of planning a rehearsal dinner at DiBruno Bros. the evening before the wedding of my son and daughter in love. From the minute I met with Danielle to discuss my options, to the last guests departure the evening of the dinner it couldn't have been easier or better. Everything was perfect and every detail was addressed in a very professional and personal manner. The food was absolutely delicious and the presentation was beautiful. I couldn't have ask for the evening to be more successful. I hope I have a reason in the near future to do it all over again.

Profile Picture Nancy, 10/3/15, 1 Review
Category: Catering

The whole Dibruno Bros catering team was amazing. They made creating a menu, set up and execution easy! Danielle was so helpful in making my vision come to life. The food tasted amazing and looked beautiful. I still have relatives telling me how great it was. The customer service was unparalleled: the catering lead even personally asked the elderly guests if they needed any assistance and took the time to explain every dish to them. They are awesome!

Profile Picture Kimberly, 9/5/15, 1 Review
Category: Catering
Services Used: Clean Up, Set Up, Buffet, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Stations, Vegan, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Open Bar, Outside Alcohol, Chairs, Tables

DiBruno is a Philadelphia culinary institution and we were so lucky to have them cater our event. Danielle was wonderful and super responsive and the food was absolutely amazing. I recommend them to anyone who will listen!

Profile Picture Kate, 7/4/15, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Danielle was such a pleasure to work with from my very first encounter via email . She was so professional yet friendly and warm . Danielle always got right back to me when Zi called or emailed . She truly seemed to care that our rehearsal dinner turned out well . Her suggestions as to menu items etc.. We're spot on . Our family and friends could not say enough about the venue ( vesper boat house) and the food. All the DiBruno staff helped make the night special . The only negative issue, and I don't think due to any fault of. Danielle , was we were missing a table . Apparently a snafu with delivery from wherever tables came from. Unfortunately I was unaware until right before guests arrived and our seating place cards needed to be changed . I basically just rearranged guests. It all worked out in end . We were not charged for missing table

Profile Picture Marti, 6/18/15, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Family Style, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Italian, Bartender(s), Outside Alcohol, Chairs, Tables

Everything from menu planning to final toothpick clean up was handled in the most professional way possible. Communication was clear/concise/immediate. Small changes were made along the way to accommodate special needs and dietary requests. Staff was bright/cheerful/competent and arrived early to set up. We will never use any other catering company.

Profile Picture Christine, 6/14/15, 1 Review
Category: Catering
Services Used: Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Buffet, Dessert, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Stations, American, Gluten Free, Kosher, Lactose Free, No Pork, Organic, Vegan, Vegetarian, Bartender(s), Open Bar, Outside Alcohol, Chairs, Tables

I had my wedding at Dibrunos in May 2015. We got married in the upstairs area. They changed the space so we had a cocktail hour after and then dinner in another room. They also transformed the wedding area into a dance floor! Danielle Posess coordinated everything and was absolutely wonderful. Before the event she was very attentive to my countless emails. Her attention to detail was exceptional. She went through each step of the plan and truly made our day unique and special. She steered me in the right direction when I didn't know where to go with the planning. During the event the staff was phenomenal. They were highly organized and also went with the flow when things needed to be adjusted. They made the upstairs room look beautiful and surpassed my expectations. The food was spectacular of course. But what made the night even more special was how comfortable and easy it was to work with the staff at Dibrunos!

Profile Picture User7969549, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Catering

DiBruno Bros. catered my wedding at an off site location. From the day I called them (Danielle was my representative), I felt connected and comfortable. They were professional, accommodating and the staff was so professional. Most importantly, almost two years later, people are still raving about the food at my wedding. I would recommend DiBruno Bros. to anyone for catering.

Profile Picture Kelly, 4/12/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

DiBurno Brothers did an excellent job catering our wedding. Danielle Posess made sure to take care of our every need, from adjusting the menu to accommodate allergies to ensuring the tables were set up and looking beautiful. They also did a great job with scheduling, and making sure drinks, food, and cake were all served at the right times. And best of all, the food was delicious. I wish that I could eat more of it!

Profile Picture User5418244, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering

My (now) husband and I had THE most fabulous rehearsal dinner at the Upstairs Café at Di Bruno Bros. Rittenhouse. From the moment we started planning, we knew we were in the best hands with Jackie G. and the entire DB Catering Team. Jackie completely understood my vision and gave me exactly what I wanted. It was almost like we were friends for years! The evening began with a beautiful antipasto display during cocktail hour - that my guests are still raving about- then we indulged in an incredible interactive buffet dinner. I’m beyond grateful for the warm and welcoming service that my guests received throughout the evening from the servers, bartenders and culinary team. My husband and I made the best decision when we selected the Upstairs Café for our rehearsal dinner. We were looking for an iconic Philadelphia experience, and Di Bruno Bros. Catering gave us just that!

Profile Picture Marisa, 3/23/19, 1 Review
4.7

Having my rehearsal dinner at DiBruno Brothers was the easiest decision of my entire wedding planning process. I'm not a native of Philly (my husband is), so I really didn't know where to start looking. Our wedding venue (The Union League - also HIGHLY recommend!!) told us they heard a few brides doing rehearsal dinners at DiBruno's and said it was fabulous. When I heard it was a gourmet cheese and grocery shop, my mind was just about already made up.

Working with Jackie Berry and Matt Wilson in the catering department was so easy. They were responsive, professional and organized. I saw their pricing packages, picked my menu, met with Jackie the day before (I had not seen the cafe space at all when I had booked it- only in photos and good recommendations from locals) and literally did nothing else. When we arrived, the staff was engaging and professional, and as a BYOB place it was great to save a bit on $$.

Our priest (who, as you may imagine) has been to thousands of rehearsal dinners said to us that this was the best space he had ever been in. We had about 45 people attending the rehearsal dinner, so I definitely wanted to find somewhere where people could mingle. I hate when you're stuck in the back room of a restaurant and really can't get up and talk to the other guests. The setup DiBruno provided was not only super classy (far exceeded my expectations for what a gourmet grocer would provide), but the flow was great and our guests were able to eat AMAZING food and keep it casual. I was able to spend a lot of time with each of the tables of our guests instead of being confined to one spot.

I couldn't recommend DiBruno's more for this. The staff, food, space, and ambiance was everything I could have ever wanted from my rehearsal dinner and more.

Profile Picture User5556114, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Clean Up, Set Up, Buffet, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Stations, American, Italian, Bartender(s), Outside Alcohol, Chairs, Tables
4.7

We had a great experience working with the catering team at Di Bruno Bros. Danielle was very easy to work with and understood our needs for a relaxing event. She offered great assistance during the planning process. The set up team was very helpful the day of the event and overall we were pleased. They put a great display of their best items and our guests were more than satisfied. We definitely recommend this venue and catering services.

Profile Picture User5601065, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Catering
Services Used: Gluten Free, Lactose Free, No Pork, Organic, Vegan, Vegetarian, Clean Up, Set Up, Italian, Chairs, Tables, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Stations