Dhoom Events Indian Wedding DJ Reviews

152 | New York, NY

152 Reviews for Dhoom Events Indian Wedding DJ

• Gopi

Gopi Patel · Married on 11/09/2019

Great time with DJ Milin!

We had a great experience working with Milin at our destination wedding in Riviera Maya in November 2019! He did a great job playing all our requests and keeping the crowd on the dance floor every night!

Sent on 12/16/2019
  • RESHMA

RESHMA PATEL · Married on 11/02/2019

Destination Wedding in Mexico

Dhoom Events/Milin worked with my husband and I for our destination wedding in Riveria Maya. He took the time to get to know us before the wedding, setting up phone calls to get to know the style of music we both enjoyed and what we both envisioned for our wedding.

For our wedding, Milin helped us greatly with our Bharat (pre-wedding Indian procession) and hyped us the group as they made their way into our wedding. As many of guests were not Indian, he found played music that everyone in the crowd could enjoy that morning.

The reception was the most memorable for me. He did an excellent job with our program and introductions, he helped me the months in advance with creating the program for the reception, picking out music and we sent him a list of the songs we loved.

At the reception, we never once requested a song! He was on point all night! Song after song! Our guests gave us so many compliments on how much they loved the playlist and music. There were always people on the dance floor!

Thank you so much for making our wedding day so memorable!! You were awesome!

Sent on 12/22/2019

Sheil Ranmal · Married on 10/11/2019

Dhoom events

Milin was a great dj. Everything was very professional. Had the guests all dancing the whole night long

Sent on 10/15/2019
  • Avani

Avani · Married on 10/05/2019

5-stars service!!!

Matt and I used Dhoom Events for our two weddings on October 4th and October 5th (Indian and American). Dhoom Events team is very easy to work with. They are very responsive to calls/emails and they make sure the wedding goes smoothly according to your plans and timeline. DJ Milin did a great job with baraat music. All of our guests (including non-Indian guests) were excited and dancing at the Baraat! DJ Vinit did an excellent job at the American ceremony and reception. He had a great selection of Bollywood and American music. The dancefloor stayed full for the entire evening. We wanted fun weddings and Dhoom Events delivered that! Several people mentioned that ours was the most fun wedding they have ever been to! We are soooo glad that we hired Dhoom Events for our wedding. We highly recommend their 5-stars service!!!

Avani Bharucha & Matt Floyd

Sent on 10/09/2019

Ami · Married on 09/07/2019

Perfect DJ for a Indian American Wedding

I first reached out to Dhoom for my fusion Indian-American wedding. My husband and I wanted a DJ that could easily switch between top 40s and Bollywood so that all our guests had a good time.

Milin was the person I was mostly in contact with initially and then shortly after, he connected me with DJ Chirag who ran our wedding. We booked Dhoom about 1 year before our wedding and from that first communication through the night of, Milin and DJ Chirag were clear, responsive, and SO easy to work with. They were totally focused on making sure the music was exactly what we wanted. Milin sent us sample itineraries and song lists to help organize us and DJ Chirag did a great job of ensuring the day of song requests from family were run by me or my husband first as we had asked. I had a horror story of a cousin whose a DJ changed her entrance song right before she walked out because and uncle wanted him to without consulting her - that was not something I had to even remotely worry about with DJ Chirag. Once the party, he had a wonderful read of the dance floor and was able to keep the crowd going the entire night.

I couldn’t have asked for a better team to work with and would recommend them to any of my friends and family!

Sent on 10/21/2019

Elizabeth Kelberg · Married on 08/05/2019

Dhoom was amazing!

THRILLED we worked with Dhoom for our wedding! Their DJ, sound techs, and set up team were all incredible. Everything was executed flawlessly - and they brought so much fun to every event. For example, the DJ who handled the baraat (groom procession before the wedding ceremony) had everyone dancing and excited! Even people passing by not included in the wedding wanted to join in! His enthusiasm, music choices and voice-over made the event. The mobile music van definitely added a sense of fun as well. Dhoom also handled the music for our ceremony (procession and recession) and provided speakers for a welcome party. At every turn - they were terrific. Highly recommend Dhoom!

Sent on 06/10/2019
  • Shriddha

Shriddha · Married on 08/04/2019

Solid DJ/sound services

Dhoom Events delivered well on their services for our wedding. They are knowledgeable regarding their AV equipment and optimal set up for various different event spaces, accounting for variables such as the interplay between live musicians and personal mics, etc. The AV quality was excellent at all events. Their music selection for the open dance floor portion kept energy levels high until the end of the events. Areas of feedback we would offer are firstly, their methods of payment are not flexible (they are cash-only), and secondly, we put a lot of time and effort into creating playlists which were loosely followed, so we did not hear many of the songs we thought they were going to play. Overall they are friendly, professional, and easy to work with, and we would recommend their services.

Sent on 09/08/2019

Danica Mendez · Married on 07/27/2019

American wedding

The absolute best DJ and MC service and wow they made a gorgeous ballroom into a fairytale with lighting! I would highly recommend for all occasions!!

Sent on 08/02/2019

Pooja B · Married on 07/06/2019

Dhoom Events is AH-mazing!

My husband and I are so happy we used Dhoom Events for our wedding festivities (Sangeet, Wedding, Reception)! Milin and Vinit were amazing - leading up to the wedding, Milin coordinated all correspondence and was very responsive and helpful with anything I needed or had questions about. During the wedding weekend, Vinit was professional, helpful, and really got all of our guests up and dancing - which is exactly what we wanted. My biggest advice would be to trust them; they are professionals, have done this many times, and know exactly what they're doing. I am so glad I trusted them enough to take their recommendations; everything went off without a hitch and we couldn't be happier! Highly recommend Dhoom Events!

Sent on 07/23/2019
  • Nishika

Nishika · Married on 06/29/2019

Ankit and Nishika’s Wedding

We first met Milin at my brother’s wedding about 2 years ago and loved him and his team. They are absolutely amazing and Milin himself is a pleasure to work with. He is very easy going and approachable when it came to fulfilling our wedding requirements. MC Manish made sure everyone was having a great time all night & ensured the energy was kept and people danced the night away. Dhoom Events handled all our entertainment needs from the DJ & MC, bharaat horse, photo booth, dance performers & our batons , making it so convenient and less stressful for us. I highly recommend couples to use them for their events.

Sent on 07/01/2019
  • Aarushi

Aarushi · Married on 06/15/2019

Helped Customize Our Indian Fusion Wedding Perfectly

We had so much fun working with Dhoom for our Indian fusion wedding in June. From day one, it was clear that Milin and his team were excited to work with us to design an event so perfectly customized to what we were looking for. They stay true to their tag line of “your event, your way” and did exactly what we asked for while doing what they needed to keep the party going. We asked a ton of questions leading up to the big day including song recommendations and Milin was extremely thorough and responsive. On the wedding day, Vinit was our DJ and he and his assistant did an incredible job of incorporating our “must have” songs with a mix of Indian music throughout the event. Our friends and family had nothing but positive things to say about the music at our event and we are so thankful. We asked for a lot of old school hip-hop and 90’s pop music while also incorporating Indian music where appropriate and Vinit did just that. We had everyone dancing to Indian music at the start of the event and flawlessly transitioned into a dance party/sing-along with our favorite songs by the end – exactly as we had envisioned. We have already recommended Dhoom to our friends for their upcoming wedding and would highly recommend Dhoom to anyone and especially couples looking for music for an Indian fusion event.

Sent on 06/28/2019
  • Divya

Divya Gupta · Married on 06/14/2019

Fantastic!

We worked with Milin leading up to our wedding and DJ Vinit the week of, and on the night of, our wedding. Both were extremely professional and responsive. Milin was a breeze to coordinate with and DJ Vinit was fantastic. He completely understood the type of music we wanted, the amount of excitement, and took the time to review all of our details with us. We had a jazz band for a small portion of the event and DJ Vinit worked flawlessly with the band ensuring there was always music and nothing was competing. I heard numerous times, both the night of and since, how fantastic DJ Vinit was and how it was some of the best music guests had heard at a wedding. We couldn’t be happier with our choice!

Sent on 06/21/2019

Kunal R · Married on 06/08/2019

Such a great experience

Dhoom's motto is "Your event, your way" and after our wedding this weekend I can confirm they live up to this motto.

All our specific requests, from 90s Bollywood at the sangeet to some Marathi songs at the baarat to 80s classic rock during the final hour of the reception, were all followed perfectly and amplified by Milin and Mehul. They knew how to read the crowd, manage the guests and timeline, and knew exactly when to play which song to keep the party going. Our guests loved the variety of music we had and we have to thank Dhoom for that.

Aside from DJing, we contracted a photo booth, party van, some decor, and a baarat horse from Dhoom. All of these services were top-notch and high quality as well.

Most importantly, Milin and team were professional, courteous, easy to talk to, and committed to making our day special. We would recommend them to anyone and would absolutely work with then again for another event.

Sent on 06/10/2019

Rennie Daniel · Married on 06/07/2019

Easy to Work with! Crowd-pleasing!!

We were so happy with our experience with Dhoom Events!

As we started our wedding process, my husband and I both wanted a wedding reception that wasn’t stuffy...we wanted people on the dance floor, and our reception to be just a fun party. The DJ was very important to us.

I’m Indian and my husband is from a Portuguese background, so we really wanted a fusion of both cultures. We interviewed several DJs, but when my brother recommended Dhoom, my husband was really impressed by their website, and Milin was very responsive to all our questions.

We really didn’t know how our guests would be as far as musical tastes since it was diverse crowd. We gave them a list of our favorite songs, but left it up to them to read the crowd. We had Chirag as our DJ along with a dhol player and they were awesome!

I loved the music, and the dhol player was such a great addition to our reception. Our guests had a fabulous time. My only suggestion to future couples is if you really want something played, you should let the DJ know as I think they would be more than accommodating. There wasn’t much Portuguese music, which was on our list, but we did tell the DJ to use his discretion, so that was probably our mistake.

Overall, I loved their services. The lighting was great, the music was awesome and they were so easy to work with. Highly recommend!!

Sent on 07/14/2019
  • Disha

Disha S · Married on 06/07/2019

highly highly recommend!

What can I say that's not already known?! I knew dhoom events was great, but man oh man did they deliver during my wedding. I'm a big music fan and really into dancing, and so tend to get picky with details. With dhoom events during my wedding there was literally nothing to pick on! From a crazy baraat where Milin kept the crowd going for an hour! To the reception where I've never seen a dancefloor more packed! I've always dreamed about my dancefloor being packed and everyone dancing having the time of their life and Milin, Chirag and team truly delivered! From start to finish everyone packed the floor! It's been almost 3 months since my wedding and I still have people asking who my DJ was because they loved their song selection and engagement with the crowd. From pre wedding planning where we had to plan the itinerary to the actual day, they were super easy to work with! Needless to say, we highly highly recommend Dhoom events.

Sent on 11/07/2019

KE JM · Married on 05/31/2019

Impressive & amazing DJ experience

We had an Indian (Hindu)-Mexican fusion wedding and wanted to incorporate music from both our cultures as well as American music. Milin, Vinit, and Chirag were absolutely phenomenal at blending and mixing all these different styles of music, as well as using Mexican music during the baraat and arranging live musicians for the ceremony. They incorporated various songs and styles throughout the reception and kept the dance floor going the entire night. Our guests didn't want to leave! I would highly recommend Dhoom Events for wedding music!

Sent on 07/01/2019

Saira · Married on 05/25/2019

Amazing! Used for 3 events

We used Dhoom Events for 3 different wedding events and they were amazing! We worked with DJ Chirag who was detail oriented, organized, and most importantly kept the party going : ) We were pleased with the overall vibe and music- our guests danced the entire time! DJ Chirag played exactly the mix we were looking for. We also used Dhoom for our uplighting and for our dhol player. It was so much easier to have all of these services coordinated together, and we would recommend Dhoom to anyone in need of a DJ.

Sent on 07/05/2019

Jordanis · Married on 05/05/2019

Will keep you dancing all night!!

Milin is hands down the best DJ! He is incredibly flexible and easy to work with. We had a lot of last minute changes and he was so accommodating. His MC, Manish, did such an amazing job keep a room of 500+ pumped and active! My family has a lot of Greek influences and Milin was so flexible in partnering with a Greek singer and her band and made sure her performance sounded incredible! The entire night flowed meticulously without a pause. Not only did Milin play all of our favorite songs, he also took on requests from the guests and kept the dance floor full till the very end of the night! He is just phenomenal and I would only use him for future family events.

Sent on 08/08/2019

Ritu · Married on 11/24/2018

Dhoom Entertainment

Dhoom entertainment did an amazing job at our wedding, from last minute changes to playing songs that we know and love. Truly blessed to have this team work at our wedding.

Sent on 12/16/2018
  • Kate

Kate · Married on 10/27/2018

So. Much. Fun!

I worked with Vinit at Dhoom Events on a wedding in June 2019. He and his assistant were incredibly easy to work with. They were super fun, easy to work with, flexible, and the most important thing - they were great at DJ-ing. They got guests on the dance floor all night! I'm working with them on a wedding in November of this year and can't wait!

Sent on 07/08/2019

Shawn Mathew · Married on 10/13/2018

Highly Recommend Dhoom Events!

What can I say except Milin & Manish at Dhoom Events were absolutely awesome for our wedding!

When we first started our journey, we were pretty lost with all the options for DJs out there. We were somewhat price sensitive as well so we wanted to get as much bang for our buck as possible. My fiancé was familiar with Dhoom events through some friends of hers and recommended them. I was leery at first, but from the very first call they put me at ease. Milin was very patient and suffered our incessant questions. He was able to secure add-on services such as a photo booth, Video screens for our slideshow as well as a troupe of Indian dance performers.

Although the day was a blur and my wife and I spent way less time than we would have liked on the dance floor, our guests were raving about the music after the fact. Milin and Manish were able to keep the dance floor packed and the party going, despite the fact that it was a daytime wedding and the room was extremely well lit. In addition to this, there were no hiccups with our scheduled introductions, dances, and speeches for which the DJ's had to coordinate music.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Milin and his team to others that are looking for any type of wedding DJ services (particularly Indian/American fusion type events.)

Sent on 10/28/2018

A Rishi · Married on 10/12/2018

Excellent service and great for fusion weddings

We had an Indian/Western fusion wedding and were really concerned about making sure we pleased both sides of the family. Milin completely understood our concerns and did a great job keeping everyone on the dance floor all night. He was great and very easy to work with. At times when we weren't sure about some things, he was happy to help and give recommendations. We are so happy with how it all went. Dhoom Events is fantastic!

Sent on 10/22/2018

Rishi · Married on 09/15/2018

DJ Chirag did an exceptional job as our DJ and MC for our wedding reception in Pittsburgh a few weeks back. He was a pleasure to communicate with, very helpful with recommendations on the flow of the program, and was happy to play requests/our playlist but mix it up when needed to keep folks on the dance floor. He made our reception fun, exciting, and was everything we could ask for. Milin was very helpful during the scheduling and coordinating process as well. Would highly recommend Dhoom and DJ Chirag to others!

Sent on 09/29/2018

Parag · Married on 09/15/2018

DJ Vinit is amazing

DJ Vinit absolutely crushed it at our wedding. He was extremely professional, a fantastic DJ & MC and a master mixer. He seamlessly blended Indian, Persian and American music. He was also very thoughtful - for example, he figured out how to make my wife's walk in song to the ceremony work so that her mom and her brother could walk in at the beginning and her and her dad could walk in at the end.

Vinit's calm professionalism helped make our wedding the best day of our lives!

Sent on 11/19/2018
  • lsm0908

Lindsay · Married on 09/08/2018

We had a blended American/Indian wedding in Connecticut and Dj Chirag did an amazing job keeping the dance floor packed the entire night. We spoke with him a few days before the wedding to discuss what type of blended music we wanted but after that we pretty much gave him free range to just read the room and keep the vibe going. He did an amazing job blending the two styles of music together, we've heard from many guests that they've never been to a wedding where the entire dance floor was packed the whole night like ours. Guests have been raving about the DJ since the wedding. They also did an amazing job for the baraat to kick the day off perfectly. During dinner, he played a perfect mix of a soft, romantic mix of Indian and American songs. If we had to do this all over again, we would 100% book Dhoom Events again!

Sent on 09/26/2018