Dexter Lake Club Band Reviews

50 | Brooklyn, NY

50 Reviews for Dexter Lake Club Band

50 Dexter Lake Club Band Reviews

Lucy · Getting married on 09/21/2019

Dexter Lake is a MUST USE wedding vendor! We worked with them for our wedding in June 2018 and could not have been more thrilled. They are complete professionals - and keep the party going all night long. All of our guests were on the dance floor for three hours straight at our reception thanks to the genius song selection and up-beat music Jamie, Tim and the rest of DLCB featured. They also learned all of our first dance songs for our wedding, which made the evening that much more special!

During the planning process, they were responsive, knowledgeable, and extremely helpful in crafting the perfect reception sequencing to make our wedding as much fun as possible. They exceeded all expectations we had for our night - and I would recommend them to anyone looking for a 10/10 wedding band!

Amanda · Married on 09/01/2018

We just had Dexter Lake perform at our wedding this past weekend, and were blown away by their whole performance! They kept everyone on the dance floor for hours, and did our ceremony and cocktail hour as well. Guests have been asking about them all week, and they were so professional and on top of everything, making the evening go seamlessly and even playing backup for one of our bridesmaids, who sang a song. They were absolutely fantastic and worth every penny if you are lucky enough to book them up early!

Andrea · Married on 08/11/2018

My husband and I got married on August 11, 2018 and were lucky enough to have the Dexter Lake Club Band play at our wedding in North Jersey. From the moment we booked the band until the day of the wedding, The Dexter Lake Club Band was professional, responsive, and extremely accommodating. They worked with us and our venue to make sure that the music at our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception were perfect. The songs that they learned for our first dances were flawless. The Dexter Lake Club band played their hearts out from the first note and they kept the dance floor full the entire night. All I wanted was a dance party and they most definitely delivered. They are all extremely talented musicians and they sounded AMAZING!!! They did an awesome job reading the crowd and playing what people wanted to hear. We are so glad that we chose the Dexter Lake Club band to play at our wedding. We have been getting rave reviews about the music from our guests. If you are looking for a band that will keep your guests entertained all night long, look no further. Thank you to the Dexter Lake Club band for helping to make our wedding day so memorable.

Jonathan · Married on 05/04/2018

Once we found the folks at Dexter Lake Club Band, we had a feeling we wouldn't have to worry about the music at our wedding at all. They were so helpful, chill and accommodating during the planning process -- they put our minds at ease. We spoke to many other bands that were not as transparent about cost or were rigid in what they could do.

Whereas other bands were more like performers (for lack of a better word), Dexter Lake is a group of really impressive musicians whose natural love and enthusiasm for what they're playing is infectious. Everyone at our wedding was on their feet and jumping and dancing around the whole night, beginning to end! During our search, they stood out with their clear love for 60s/70s/80s rock (though they can play the new stuff too!), which was such a different and fun sound, and the guests (young and old) absolutely loved it.

They rolled with the many surprises that were thrown their way -- last-minute sound hookups for a slideshow, a Star Wars flash mob, and even having me on stage to sing at the end! They just worked with it and made it all run smoothly.

They're also just personally really nice people, giving us words of encouragement before the wedding, and chatting with the guests about whoknowswhat during cocktail hour.

I've already had about 30 people reach out to me after the wedding to either ask how to get in touch with them for their own wedding or event, or just to emphasize how amazing they were.

I can't recommend them enough!

• F

felicia · Married on 02/26/2018

Dexter Lake Club Band is so amazing that people leave the wedding and hire them for their wedding! I heard DLCB at my friends wedding and booked them for my wedding and it was amazing. People thought they were at a rock concert and never wanted it to end. My friend then left my wedding and booked DLCB for their wedding!!! I can't wait to hear DLCB again!!!

Katie · Married on 12/09/2017

The Dexter Lake Club Band is AMAZING! They played our December 2017 wedding and are hands down the most fun and best sounding wedding band around. Our guests of all ages were on the dance floor from the first song, and they could not stop raving about how good the band was. We asked them to play 3 untraditional songs for our ceremony, and they sounded *exactly* like the version on Spotify we'd shared. We could not have been happier with the ceremony and reception music. On top of that, Jamie and Tim are lovely to work with and were 100% responsive during the planning process. Highly recommend this band!

allison · Married on 10/07/2017

We went to a lot of different showcases and watched a lot of videos online of different wedding bands, but just couldn't find the right combination of A+ musicianship and the right song changes.

The minute we saw Dexter Lake Club Bands showcase, that all changed. We immediately fell in love with their sound and their personalities, and we hired them the next day.

8 months later after our wedding, we could not have been happier with our decision. These guys absolutely CRUSHED it. They had the entire wedding dancing the entire night. They mixed in all the right songs without ever getting cheesy (like not playing SHOUT or Celebrate etc) but playing all songs everyone wanted to dance to all night.

Also we had a fire in the hotel the night before, and at 430am i emailed them asking them to change the intro song to "we didn't start the fire" which they did seamlessly even though it was not on their list.

Our wedding was perfect and a huge part of it was these guys. I keep watching the video just because i like hearing them play. I wish i had another event I was throwing so I could hire them again.

MAKE THESE GUYS YOUR WEDDING BAND AND YOU WONT REGRET IT.

Pete · Married on 09/23/2017

Easily the highlight of our wedding. I've never had so much fun dancing. People had so much fun, danced SO hard and there was not a thing to complain about. I think their secret is their full team. They have a sound engineer which makes them able to adapt to any environment, they learn songs and they rehearse and do a sound check. I'd recommend DLCB in a heartbeat.

-Pete

Carly · Married on 09/16/2017

Booking the Dexter Lake Club Band to play our Brooklyn wedding was the single best party decision we made.

We knew we didn't want a standard wedding band and were really drawn to their song list. They were also willing to learn five new songs, which was more than most other bands offered. To say they nailed these songs would be an understatement. Maybe it's the nostalgia, but my husband and I prefer their performance of Champagne Supernova (our first dance, and one of the songs they learned) to Oasis's. And we were hesitant to request All My Friends by LCD Soundsystem because we thought it would be difficult to execute, but they played it for the last song of the reception, and brought. the. house. down. The most euphoric moments from our wedding (besides the ceremony itself) were on the dance floor, and we owe that in huge part to the Dexter Lake Club Band.

I also need to comment on their professionalism. From first correspondence, Jamie was responsive and accommodating -- we heard back within an hour of reaching out, and they were willing to work with us to stay within our budget -- and this made the whole process seamless (and fun).

I could not recommend them enough. Do yourself and your party a favor and book these guys.

Dexter Lake Club Band 1
    Dexter Lake Club Band 2
    Dexter Lake Club Band 3

John · Married on 06/24/2017

Incredible performance - brought the house down. Very easy to work with. Flawless evening. I recommend wholeheartedly this band. Our guests are still talking about it.

Julia · Married on 06/10/2017

My husband and I have attended a ton of weddings over the past several years, and we have never experienced a band with such talent, energy, and ability to truly rock out and bring the whole room with them as the Dexter Lake Club Band. They exceeded in every way the high expectations I had for a leave-it-all-on-the floor dance party, so much so that we and our guests were downing glasses of water on the dance floor in the wee hours of Sunday morning to remain hydrated for our continued partying. This is not your standard wedding band experience. It's more like being at the most awesome rock concert in your own honor, with all your best friends. I will always remember and treasure the memories of how galvanized they made us, our family, and friends feel on the night of our wedding. In addition, Jamie was a total pleasure to work with leading up to the wedding - the height of professionalism, very down-to-earth, and with none of the pretension and fanfare that one sometimes encounters in this industry. We emphatically recommend them without reservation!

Jason · Married on 04/29/2017

The Dexter Lake Club Band played my wedding in April and all of our guests left blown away by their performance. They are truly a proper rock and roll band that will not disappoint. My wife and I had looked at a few other wedding bands but as soon as we went to the Dexter Lake Club Band showcase we knew we had found the perfect fit. Working with Jamie and the whole band was incredibly easy and more importantly fun. They were extremely responsive and everything went very smoothly. If you and your guests are looking to throw a great party with everyone up and dancing the whole night then the Dexter Lake Club Band is the band for you.

Amy · Married on 03/04/2017

The BEST BAND EVER! I cannot say enough awesome things about Dexter Lake Club Band. Jamie and the band were so great to work with throughout the months leading up to our wedding, and the music at our wedding was phenomenal! They learned a few songs for the wedding at our request, and when they played the new songs, we couldn't believe it was the first time they were playing them. They worked the crowd so well and knew which songs to play at the right times during the evening. DLCB definitely made our wedding, and people are still talking about the music from that night!

Erica · Married on 02/25/2017

Best band! They were open to learning new songs and played great music literally everyone at our wedding enjoyed. Unlike other bands, they played for each part of our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception - each aspect felt unique and the breaks were very brief. Their down to earth personalities made it super easy to work with, providing exceptional service at a great value. Would highly recommend!!

emily · Married on 12/10/2016

AMAZING. Honestly, we had the highest of expectations for Dexter Lake. We loved their song lists, they were sheer delights to plan with, and we loved everything we heard on their website. To say that they exceeded our expectations and completely blew us away with their dynamism, energy, talent, professionalism, personality, emotional intelligence (i.e. ability to read the room), voices, sound quality, (etc.) is understatement of massive proportion. It has been a month since our wedding, and I am still receiving e-mails from friends commenting on how out-of-control-wonderful Dexter Lake was. We had our fair share of trained musicians, and music snobs at our wedding, and every single one of them was beyond impressed. My dad, who isn't one to wax hyperbolic, and played in a Rock 'n Roll band for many years, was heard over and over again telling guests: if you were looking for a band, your search is over...there could not be a better band. I would be remiss if I didn't share a few major highlights. Cocktail hour was a dream. This was a black-tie wedding and we were in a smallish room. The sound quality during cocktail hour was perfect, it matched the mood of the event, and kept spirits high. I kid you not, I have had friends specially compliment the song list during cocktail hour. This had NOTHING to do with me, and everything to do with how wonderful Dexter Lake is. They read the room, they are brilliant musicians, and they make people happy and feel festive. This next piece really blew my mind. I had envisioned this big "ta da" moment when we would open the doors to the main dining room, which were shut during cocktail hour. I thought I had thought through everything, but looking back, I never communicated to Dexter Lake that I was looking for this "ta da" moment...and yet, of course, they went above and beyond! They MADE that moment. I can't imagine a band better suited to ensuring your wedding is magical, joyful, COOL, chic, memorable and the most fun ever!

Stephen · Married on 12/03/2016

Choosing to work with the Dexter Lake Club Band was, without question, the easiest and best decision we made throughout our wedding planning process. We first "met" the Dexter Lake Club Band at a friend's wedding a few summers ago on Cape Cod. At that point, we did not know when we would be getting married, or engaged for that matter, but after that night it was decided: if we were going to get married, the Dexter Lake Club Band was the one and only choice for our reception.

From our initial meeting(s) through the final wedding-week countdown, the band's professionalism, service, communication, responsiveness, flexibility and all in excitement to be a part of our wedding day was second to none. Jamie and Tim are a pleasure to work with, and, along with the band, delivered an all-out off the charts party. Since our wedding earlier this December, countless guests have commented to us about how incredible the band was, and what a fantastic set-list they chose to perform - people refused to leave the dance floor! They go with the flow and read the crowd better than any band we have experienced. Their genuine love of music and talent when compared to their peers shines from the opening song through the final encore.

Stephen and Caitlin

Josh · Married on 11/05/2016

This band is incredible. If you love a good live band, these are your guys. They are legit rock stars. They are super cool. They are insanely talented, seamlessly tearing it up through Billy Joel, Stevie Wonder, Steely Dan, Michael Jackson, David Bowie, GNR, the list goes on. They are professional. Super quick with e-mail responses. Super friendly. The bass player (Jamie) met with me every time I wanted to chat about my vision for the evening. They even let me play a song with them. It was awesome. They had pretty much the entire room dancing all night. Without a doubt the most rockin' Hava Negilah I've ever heard. Total shredfest. I could go on and on about these guys. Bottom line is this. These guys ROCK. Most wedding bands range from a little tacky to incredibly tacky. This band is not tacky at all. These guys MADE our wedding ridiculous.

Anna · Married on 10/15/2016

Booking Dexter Lake Club Band was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. Music is very important to us and our families, and one of our top goals for our wedding was having an awesome dance party. We had extremely high expectations and DLCB completely exceeded them in every way. They brought such a fun energy to our 300-person, black-tie, evening wedding and made it exactly the party we were hoping for. So many of our guests - of all ages - have raved about the fact that everyone was on the dance floor from the very first moment to the last song. The band made it so much fun for everyone in the room, most especially us (as evidenced by the groom's completely soaked tuxedo shirt at the end of the night). They even learned two songs by one of my favorite artists (not on their usual set list) and played them as a surprise!!

Two members of the band also played an acoustic set at our after party, which was an amazing way to end the night. They took requests and even allowed a few of our musician guest to sing on a few songs!

Jamie was great to work with and handled all of our requests/questions quickly. Our wedding was out of town (in DC) and it was no problem at all.

We cannot recommend Dexter Lake Club Band enough!!

Stefanie · Married on 09/08/2016

Choosing DLCB to play at our wedding was one of the best decisions I've ever made. From the outset, they are so professional, easy to work with and accommodating. We had a 30 minute set of ethnic music that was being played from an ipod and they were happy to play DJ for that part! They even learned a few songs that were special to us that weren't on their long list. They were wonderful at reading the crowd and keeping everyone dancing all night long. Our guests are still reaching out to us with complements on how good DLCB was!! Do not hesitate to book DLCB for your wedding or event! :)

Julia · Married on 08/28/2016

Working with Dexter Lake was one of the best decisions that I made in planning my wedding. They were incredibly responsive throughout the entire planning process, answering all questions within a few hours (an amazing feat for any vendor). They were also incredibly easy to work with and go above and beyond for their clients - for example, they voluntarily play music throughout the ceremony and cocktail hour, and will learn new songs for your first dance/father daughter dance, etc. Even more importantly, they are FANTASTIC musicians. All our guests can't stop talking about how much they enjoyed the band, and family members - young and old- danced the entire night. If you're looking for a really unique and special experience at your wedding, book Dexter Lake! You won't regret it.

Stephanie · Married on 07/30/2016

I recently got married at a venue in New Jersey and can easily say Dexter Lake Club Band was the best part of our reception. They were not only extremely friendly and accommodating, but are SUPER talented. We had almost every one of our 208 guests on the dance floor for the entirety of the night. They went above and beyond to learn requested songs, and played everything we had asked for. I simply cannot say good enough things about this group of guys and feel truly lucky that they were part of my special day. Absolutely the best!!!!

Sam · Married on 07/09/2016

I really can't imagine a better option than DLCB. My wife and I wanted a band that would make our wedding feel sincere and unclichéd while making sure everyone had a great time on the dance floor-- that's exactly what DLCB was. They are super talented, versatile, musicians and really fun performers. All of our guests were floored by how good they were. Not only is their music awesome, they are a great group of professional, nice guys. They traveled far, arrived on time, and needed very little assistance from us, which was really helpful on the day of our wedding. During the planning process they were very responsive and had great suggestions/input when we asked for it. Can't recommend them enough to anyone looking to make their wedding a memorable and special event for everyone there.

One other note: we thought they sounded awesome in their videos and that's why we chose them, but then they exceeded our expectations and sounded even better in person.

Rosina · Married on 07/03/2016

Booking the Dexter Lake Street Club Band was the best wedding decision we made - they completely made the party and did an amazing job. I can't tell you how many of our guests came up to us to tell us how much they loved the band. People said that it was the best wedding band they had ever seen. In many ways, they are not a "wedding band" - they are a bunch of friends having fun playing great covers, and that really shows. We didn't want a typical wedding band, but rather a "rock concert" feel, and that is exactly what it was. They were really easy to work with and were easy to go with the flow of the event as it started, even though the timing ended up a little different form what I had told them. Jamie was available to answer questions as we went, and met with us beforehand to go over some details. We had our ceremony at a different location from the venue (all the the same neighborhood) and we had a few of them play acoustically for the ceremony at no extra cost.

They were also really accommodating with letting my sister sing a song with them, (they had her come rehearse during sound check), and then even having her jump in on other songs throughout the night. You can't go wrong if you choose these guys.

Casey · Married on 05/28/2016

Music has always been important to me and my partner. Music can also make or break a wedding reception. I was lucky that my mom found and booked DLCB. They have rave reviews and have played at the weddings of Olivia Wilde and Amanda Peat (so I guess that means they played for the Game of thrones show runner as well?). Jamie was very responsive to e-mail and they did a great job learning my special requests. The played acoustic versions of songs I requested during the ceremony. They also played a Joy Division cover with my brother's band which was very special for my family to experience. DLCB were great at reading the crowd and all night I got tons of compliments on the band. If you hate wedding DJs that play garbage like the YMCA or the cha cha slide are considering a live band, this is the band you want to book. I hope someone I know books them so I can go to another wedding where I'm not the bride and have more time to dance!