Devon McWilliams Photography Reviews

Devon McWilliams Photography 7
  • Gayle

Gayle Alexander Kearns · Married on 06/20/2019

Amazing Reunion Weekend

We were referred to Devon for my Mother's 75th class reunion at Brown University. This was a huge weekend for my family who traveled from Oklahoma to be with her. Devon provided excellent service for us on a Memorial weekend. We received amazing shots of our entire family in a beautiful location on the Brown University campus. We really appreciated Devon taking her weekend to help make our memory a lasting one. She was prompt, courteous and worked well with everyone in our family/party.

Sent on 06/20/2019
  • Lindsay

Lindsay · Married on 09/29/2018

Captured every moment perfectly!

Devon and Denise were nothing short of amazing! They did our engagement and wedding photos and Devon went right along with our goofiness and really captured our personalities in every photo/moment. We enjoyed every minute and would do it all over again! It was the perfect day.

Sent on 11/19/2018

Devon McWilliams Photography's reply:

Thank you so so much Lindsay and Mike for your kind words! Denise and I had a blast with you two!!!

Gena · Married on 09/15/2018

Devon and her second shooter, Denise, were amazing on our wedding day. They immediately made us feel comfortable, and we barely realized that we were sharing intimate moments with two strangers! They put us at ease right away and we had a great time from there. They most certainly are more than photographers. Their experience and professionalism was evident all day, as they worked to keep us on schedule and adhere to our timelines so we could enjoy most of the day with our guests! Devon and Denise put both of our wedding parties and all of our guests at ease, allowing for what we’re imagining will be the most genuine and fun photos of (what we think was) the best day ever. Devon McWilliams Photography was honestly an absolute dream to work with.

Sent on 10/09/2018
    Devon McWilliams Photography 18
    Devon McWilliams Photography 19
    Devon McWilliams Photography 20

Devon McWilliams Photography's reply:

Thank you Gena and Bailey for such kind words! You both were such a pleasure to work with!

Elizabeth · Married on 03/31/2018

Devon is fantastic!!! So easy to work with; she met all our needs for this very special day. Her pictures are outstanding. Devon has a flexible pricing package to meet your needs. We would highly recommend her. Definitely put her on your list of vendors to meet with. Beth & Chas

Sent on 09/03/2018

Tenley · Married on 08/19/2017

Devon did a great job helping us feel comfortable in front of the camera as well as being sure to get all the photos we wanted. She sent us a helpful worksheet beforehand to give us ideas of what pictures we may want and which groups to include, and made sure to get them all the day of. She was the perfect blend of behind the scenes on our wedding day and assertive to get pictures taken and groups organized. Thank you Devon!

Sent on 12/09/2017
    Devon McWilliams Photography 21

L · Married on 08/11/2017

Devon's style and approach was perfect for our wedding. While it was traditional in some ways, we wanted it to feel easy and casual throughout the event, and Devon definitely contributed to that feeling! We wanted to focus on casual shots, but the family portraits she took were gorgeous as well. We didn't have a big budget for photography, and the value we received from Devon could not have been better.

Sent on 12/06/2017

Scott · Married on 07/02/2017

Devon was amazing to work with. She was very responsive and listened to what we wanted and really delivered a beautiful product. We couldn't have been happier!

Sent on 12/18/2017

Joy · Married on 11/12/2016

Devon is not only a terrific photographer but an absolutely lovely person. Our guests actually commented that she was the perfect combination of unobtrusive and professional. She has a great eye and a great manner. We are thrilled with the pictures she took. Any event goes by so quickly and in the end it's so wonderful to have beautiful images of the day to look back on. I would 100% recommend her for any event!

Sent on 01/02/2017

C · Married on 09/25/2016

Devon was very professional and helpful. Photography was the part of my wedding that I was most apprehensive about because I hate being photographed. Devon knew just what to do to put my husband and me at ease. She was also very accommodating when we asked for shots in specific locations, etc. Overall, a joy to work with!

Sent on 12/15/2016

Eddie · Married on 04/23/2016

Devon made our special day even more special with all of the great photos that she took of our wedding. She took our engagement pictures and we knew that we wanted her to also do our wedding. She took into consideration all of our requests for pictures with family & friends & recommended many others. You could tell that she is an experienced photographer & our pictures turned out wonderful. She was very easy to plan things with & made us feel at ease. If you want an experienced photographer with a great attitude & someone that will go the extra mile for you then you need to choose Devon McWilliams for your special day!

Sent on 12/08/2016

Gina · Married on 04/02/2016

Devon was the perfect photographer for our wedding. She was very flexible even when we had changed our venue with short notice. She made us both feel very comfortable during the staged photos and she was near invisible during the ceremony. We loved working with her and how our pictures came out. She did a great job editing them and we truly love them all. Overall no complaints and we highly recommend her!

Gina&Max

Sent on 12/03/2016

Sarah · Married on 05/11/2013

Devon was wonderful and I would recommend her to anyone! She even took off her shoes and stepped in the water to get a perfect shot! We are so thankful for everything she did for us!

Sent on 11/18/2017

Johanna · Married on 09/10/2016

Devon was an absolute pleasure to work with. She delivered our final prints about a month after the wedding, which is much faster than most. She was also very happy to work with our casual style, less of a focus on formals. The posed one she did recommend turned out great. Would highly recommend.

Sent on 12/13/2016
  • Kristina

Kristina · Married on 09/17/2016

3.4
      3.0
      3.0
      3.5

Update to my original review: After originally being upset with my photos, Devon reached out to me to see what we could do to make me happier with the final photos. I really appreciated her reaching out and working with me. She ended up photoshopping my top 10 photos and after a few rounds of edits these final photos made me very happy. As we all know, it's the little things that matter and the details she worked on made a big difference to me. I may not have all of the shots I had originally hoped for, but I now really like the ones I do have. I was very happy that Devon reached out to me and that we were able to fix the situation so I was satisfied in the end. Now I have 10 beautiful photos (and some other great ones) that I've shared with my family for everyone to print!

I was so disappointed with Devon. During the wedding she was fine but when I received the final photos I could not have been more disappointed. I'm happy that I can use photoshop because all of the photos that we will get framed need to be touched up. She really didn't take any of the detail or candid shots that I asked. Also, the train on my dress is balled up in almost every photo, some of the photos where my bridesmaids or mother weren't in the picture they were able to fix this, but in every other photo is looks terrible and there really is no way of editing that. The only good thing I can say is that the assistant photographer did a great, you can tell she paid attention to detail which is what I really wanted and has asked for. It makes me so sad that the memories I have of our beautiful wedding didn't turn out at all the way I had hoped.

Sent on 02/15/2017