Devin Brines Photography Reviews

Devin Brines Photography 6
Devin Brines Photography 7
  • Gina

Gina Steffey · Married on 05/26/2019

Great experience with Devin!

Devin was incredibly kind, professional, and calm in both the planning process and on our wedding day. It was an absolute delight to work with him and his photos are AMAZING! Would 100% recommend working with him.

Sent on 06/25/2019
    Devin Brines Photography 8
    Devin Brines Photography 9
    Devin Brines Photography 10
  • Benjamin

Benjamin Fortney · Married on 09/29/2018

Devon was great!

He was a calming presence on a busy day, we just gave him a list of a few shots that we absolutely wanted and he took it from there. We loved that he paid so much attention to getting nice photo's of everyone during the reception.

Sent on 12/30/2018
  • Tia

Tia · Married on 09/15/2018

Devin takes amazing candids!

When I started looking for a wedding photographer, there were just two things I was looking for: a portfolio with beautiful candid photos, and an editing style that I personally enjoy. I got lucky because Devin was one of the first photographers I looked into.

We worked with Devin for our engagement shoot beforehand because my husband and I are awkward and somewhat quiet. We thought that would help us relax and get better pictures for the wedding. Turns out that was totally unnecessary because Devin is so laid back and chill that he was VERY easy to work with, even when dealing with a couple that doesn't necessarily enjoy being in front of a camera. Devin's demeanor was something both our wedding party and guests noticed and appreciated in our laid back wedding.

I am so glad that we went with a photographer whose strength lies in candid photography. Our formal pictures were pretty as formal pictures usually are, but our candid pictures? TO DIE FOR. We got to see so much that we missed or were just unable to appreciate in the chaos that is in a wedding day. A new mother looking down on her newborn, children climbing a tree, my mom laughing so hard she cried, people dancing, a flock of birds flying overhead. So many little moments make a wedding.

I admit I budgeted heavily for photography so I could get the best possible photographer I could find especially since I didn't want video for our wedding, the photos had to be strong enough to really capture moments on their own, my friends and family that were handy with cameras weren't going to be able to do that, but Devin sure did.

There are three things people say about my wedding today. They say it/we were beautiful (because they feel they have to), they love our wedding photos, and it was FREAKING HOT (outdoors in September, who knew?)

Sent on 12/27/2018
    Devin Brines Photography 17
    Devin Brines Photography 18

Alex · Married on 08/25/2018

Great experience!

Devin was great - super friendly, had great ideas for shots that would make us and our guests look our best, and always willing to work with us to make us happy! Definitely recommended.

Sent on 12/01/2018

Megan · Married on 08/04/2018

An eye for timing

If you aren't your stereotypical bride, or even if you are, meeting with wedding vendors can be absolutely exhausting. Talking with strangers is never one of my favorite tasks, and talking about myself is about my bottom 5, so combining those two efforts was a tough sell for me, until we met Devin. Devin was absolutely calming, delightful, comforting, and interested in making our day as easy as it could be while capturing some amazing moments. My focus for the wedding photos was primarily on getting pictures of everybody having the time of their lives, and Devin did just that. We got so many amazing candids (ones that made my husband say "how was he always there, i laugh, he's there, I give somebody a high five... there") and some absolutely beautiful portraits (that made me say... "Wow...we could be famous".. maybe not that far, but they are awesome), to hang up in our house. Devin was great at taking the stress of the day and making sure we were focussed on what was truly important, making memories, not photos (even though he managed to make those happen too). Absolutely recommend, 10/10.

Sent on 01/02/2019
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth Rasberry · Married on 06/16/2018

Engagement and Wedding Photographer

Devin really excels in couple portraits and candid shots. We used him for both our engagement photos and our wedding photos. His price is super affordable for the quality of work you receive. He could easily be charging 3 times as much for the kind of work he does, but he likes for everyone regardless of budget, to enjoy his beautiful photographs.

Sent on 01/02/2019
    Devin Brines Photography 19
    Devin Brines Photography 20
    Devin Brines Photography 21

Jessalyn Bruzan · Married on 05/18/2018

Great experience!

It was such a joy to work with Devin. He is laid back and relaxed, which is definitely a good thing during the high tension/excitement of a wedding! He was great at getting us to feel natural in posed pictures and perfectly captured memories in candid ones as well. My husband and I loved working with Devin and would highly recommend him.

Sent on 11/25/2018

Ellen · Married on 10/01/2017

Working with Devin was great! The photos turned out so nicely - we were very happy. Devin definitely has a vision and captures it in his photos. He took great care to find the best locations at the ceremony and reception venues for photos. Prior to the wedding, we spoke on the phone to review the plan, so there were no questions and everything was clear. Devin a talented, careful, creative, pleasant person to work with. I'd hire him again in an instant.

Sent on 12/15/2017

Jacob · Married on 10/15/2016

Working with Devin was an excellent experience. Everything was very clearly laid out in our first meeting with Devin and it made the photographer something we didn't have to worry about while we were planning the rest of our wedding. The photographs were delivered promptly and looked amazing. Devin did a great job both with posing shots and candid shots and helped us capture the day so we can relive it whenever we want to.

Sent on 02/23/2018

Maria · Married on 09/24/2016

The process of choosing a photographer for our wedding was simplified with Devin. He made us feel comfortable and confident that all the great moments that day would be captured. Definitely would recommend him for any event where you want to really gather candid moments!

Sent on 12/28/2017

Kristin · Married on 08/20/2016

Devin you are a true gem! You made our special day even more memorable by the moments captured for us! I look at our pics daily as I have the displayed throughout our home and they still give me goosebumps and make me smile!! Thank you again for making the trip to Plymouth!! You are one talented individual and kind individual. Take care!

Sent on 12/25/2017
    Devin Brines Photography 22
    Devin Brines Photography 23

Ashley · Married on 07/09/2016

Devin was very responsive to all communication and captured amazing photos of us, our family and our guests at our outdoor summer wedding. Everyone looked great in the group photos, our couple photos really captured us well and the candid shots at the reception were phenomenal!

Lysa · Married on 06/25/2016

Devin was so helpful and easy to work with! He knew the tone of our wedding and captured it perfectly! We got our proofs very quickly too!

Rachel · Married on 05/12/2016

Great job. Loved that devin went scouting ahead of time and found great places to photograph. Very professional with a great eye for natural light and composition. Plus, he is fun and easy to talk to! 100% would work with him again!

Brian · Married on 10/10/2015

"Devin was really great to work with. He made sure we prepared beforehand, while being sure that we got all the pictures that we wanted. Devin was punctual, and he took his time to get a feel for the location before we got going. He was professional, yet easy-going and flexible when our schedule was thrown out of whack by other circumstances. Our pictures arrived quickly and he definitely caught some great candid moments. We love our pictures, and are very happy that we chose Devin to photograph our wedding."

Sent on 12/19/2017

Rachael · Married on 10/03/2015

After searching for months for a photographer, I chose Devin for my October 3rd wedding, and after getting our pictures back I have no doubt it was the BEST choice! I wanted a lot of candid, in-the-moment pictures. He definitely understood what I was looking for, and that is what I got. He did a great job incorporating the uniqueness of our venue in the pictures, and thought quickly to find indoor locations for photographs since it ended up raining that day. He worked well with my family and was very respectful. He accommodated well for time, as we were behind schedule a bit, and kept us going. We have wonderful pictures of ourselves, as well as our guests. Thank you so much Devin!!

Sent on 12/08/2017

Ashley · Married on 06/20/2015

We had Devin take our wedding pictures. He was great to work with and made sure we were happy with our pictures. He was flexible and always professional!

Tara · Married on 06/21/2014

You put a TON of work into planning every detail of your wedding, invite all your favorite people in the world and the day sweeps you away through the current of events.
    Devin has an incredible eye for all those important moments-- beginning to end, big and small-- that you hope to never forget, and he shoots them with true attention and care. On top of his obvious passion for the art of photography, it was honestly a pleasure to have him present throughout our day. He got along and worked so well with all of our family and friends, we were all able to really be ourselves around him and even our formal photo session felt relaxed and fun. The images he captured at my wedding are absolutely stunning, and I revisit them often. Good photography was the most important thing to me when figuring out the budget for our wedding... Devin was worth every single penny and then some.

Sent on 03/08/2015

Jessie · Married on 08/31/2013

Devin was fantastic! My husband and I love how natural we look in all of our photographs. He was truly the perfect person to catch our special day.

Sent on 02/20/2015

christine · Married on 05/25/2017

we were very pleased with the photo shoot for our mothers 92nd birthday celebration. we loved the variety and beautiful
    moments that he captured.....priceless !!!

Charles · Married on 06/04/2016

Devin is an amazing photographer.. He has the photographic experience and intuitive sense in order to capture moments that others miss... His pictures convey the feeling tone of the moment and carry the story line throughout the photo album with flawless continuity. We love this Guy...

Sent on 12/29/2017