17 Reviews for [deviant] string quartet

17 [deviant] string quartet Reviews

I was so pleased with Deviant String Quartet. I corresponded with Carrie when booking this vendor and I couldn't asked for more professionalism. She was responsive to my e-mails and phone calls, very thorough and helpful when it came to suggesting other vendors and having the strings at our ceremony added such a special and classic touch.

I had two musicians play as guests arrived at the Queen Mary. They played contemporary and classic pieces that we had discussed prior to the event. The musicians were formally dressed to match the occasion.

They also played through the cocktail hour as the DJ set up for the evening reception. I was so happy I found Deviant Strings, I feel hiring these musicians was an excellent value for what you get. It added so much to our event. I had no doubts that they would come through with the services promised and have no regrets about booking this vendor.

Thank you for making our day special!

Profile Picture Janna, 6/21/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

A string quartet was something on our wedding wish list that we thought we could never pull off. Most of the groups my wife and I looked into were far out of our price range, and seemed too stuffy. We were about to cut it entirely, when I made the great discovery of the [deviant] string quartet. Not only were they very affordable (by far the best deal of our entire wedding), but they had a very hip, modern vibe.

Their website showed off their chops and had a fun feel to it, which made me feel more comfortable in dealing with them. We were sold - we called and hired them right away!

Carrie was an awesome contact for the group. She dealt with all of our many requests for movie themes and modern music, and had fun with us putting together a song list. They even arrange one song for you, included in the package, which was amazing.

My only fear on the wedding day was that they were coming all the way from Long Beach to Pasadena, so I was afraid they may be late, but they ended up being early, giving my wife and I a chance to hear a few of their tunes while we snapped photos.

My guests were blown away by the quartet. I got so many reactions to what they were playing (Indiana Jones! Game of Thrones! Madonna! Journey!), and people LOVED our processional/recessional music - all movie themes.

[deviant] string quartet really made our ceremony special. They are extremely talented musicians and great people to work with. I highly recommend them to anyone looking for a fantastic, fresh, and fun string quartet.

Profile Picture John, 7/14/13, 8 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

The Deviant String Quartet was Spectacular and such a blessing to have at our special day! They were so professional and are obviously familiar with the stresses of weddings because they were able to get so much done with minimal contact!! I could tell that they knew that music would be the last thing i wanted on my mind that day!! During the bridal march, they had set the mood so well that it was almost as if i were floating on air. This was the one thing that the groom had requested that we have and so it was wonderful that they take such pride in their art and made everything PERFECT!

Profile Picture jennifer, 4/6/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

Our musicians were excellent at our wedding. Unobtrusive but also skilled players, they gave the ceremony the sincerity and meaning it deserved. I thought we could just do an ipod playlist or dj, but having live musicians was much better.
In terms of professionalism and service,Carrie made going through the contract procedure and music selection very easy, and their wide offering of music from classical to star wars and flexibility in waiting for us to figure out exactly what we wanted till the week or so before the wedding was invaluable.

Highly recommended!

Profile Picture User3169141, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
4.7

The music was beautiful. They really added that nice charm I was looking for of our big day.

Profile Picture Kari, 6/30/12, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

I highly recommend Mock-Up studios! Carrie is a very flexible and kind person that is more than willing to help you create just what you envision for your ceremony. She wrote two custom Star Wars arrangements for our wedding and they were both fantastic. It really gave our ceremony a personal touch to incorporate a bit of our geekiness! The quality of the quartet and the prices just can't be beat. Thank you Carrie!

Profile Picture Mary, 7/31/11, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

It was great to work with Carrie and her team. They made it very easy for me and stress free.

Profile Picture Adrienne, 7/9/11, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

Carrie Mock of MockUpStudios provided the ceremony music for my daughter's destination wedding in Colorado Springs. The music was wonderful! Carrie was very organized and helpful in providing direction in picking out music. Her music links were very helpful. We made a last minute add-on. It was not a problem for them! I highly recommend MockUp Studios.

Profile Picture Nina, 5/28/11, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

I had a trio play at my wedding, and could not have been happier. I met with Carrie a few months ahead of time, and she was able to do an arrangement of a piece that I really wanted to walk down the aisle to at no additional charge. She and her associates showed up early, and were extremely professional and organized. It could not have gone smoother, and it was the perfect background music for our special day!

Profile Picture Jillian, 5/21/11, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

Mock-Up Studios was great! They were flexible in bad weather and played phenomenally! I was very happy with their service!

Profile Picture Kristen, 7/10/10, 1 Review
4.7

The consultation with Carrie was extremely helpful. She made song suggestions that fit well with the tone of our wedding. We also really appreciated that they were willing to play outdoors.

Profile Picture Meghan, 7/4/10, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

We had a string trio for our outdoor wedding ceremony and could not have been happier with the wonderful music they provided. We received many compliments from our guests after the wedding. I would definitely recommend Mock-Up Studios to anyone looking for beautiful music on their wedding day!

Profile Picture Melissa, 6/19/10, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

Ms. Mock and her associates were very professional and added an essence of elegance. When my husband and I first met with Ms. Mock we did not know what to expect. I am pleased to say that we were impressed with her knowledge and background of music. She was willing to learn new music pieces and helped us out with excellent suggestions. It was a pleasure to have Mockup Studios play at our event. They provided our ceremony and dinner/background music. Everyone enjoyed their performance and the variety of music pieces. We will be sure to recommend Mockup Studios to anyone who is looking for entertainment.

Profile Picture Sofia & Dave, 10/17/09, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

I had a violin/cello duo from Mock-up Studios for my outdoor wedding. The wedding was in a remote location on a rocky outcropping with no cover or shade, but they agreed to work with me and were very flexible. They sounded wonderful during the wedding and you can't beat the price.

Profile Picture Kristen, 10/4/09, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

We could not have asked for anything more from Mock-Up Studios, they were absolutely wonderful to work with and went above and beyond our expectations. I would highly recommend Mock-Up Studios for anyone needing live, quality musicians at their event.

Profile Picture Ryan, 9/19/09, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

I decided to look for a violinist about 2 months before my wedding. I didn't know if I could afford it . . but decided to do some research. Carrie Mock responded to me quickly and was offering her services for practically half the cost of many other vendors. I listened to some examples on her website and thought it sounded very nice. I live in germany and she was very flexible in working with me. We discussed the songs I'd like played over the phone . .it was very simple and stress-free. She showed up on time and the music was just perfect. It sounded so sweet and elegant . . it was the perfect touch. i couldn't imagine walking down the aisle without that beautiful music! All of my guests were very impressed with their playing and mentioned they loved having them there. I definately recommend Mock-Up Studios!!

Profile Picture Colleen, 8/15/09, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

Carrie is new in Colorado Springs, and I emailed her for the first time the Friday before our wedding, met with her on Saturday, and she was there and ready the next week! She only charged $150 for herself (a violinist) and a cello player. They played for about 30 minutes before the ceremony. I did not hear a ton of this, but I heard it was great. They also had to move their position VERY quickly due to change in location, and did a great job. Music was fantastic, and just what I wanted. I very highly recommend Carrie and her team. She is SO kind, and great at what she does!

Profile Picture Mary, 7/11/09, 1 Review