Dettloff Makeup Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2019 Winner

• Shelby
    Shelby A. Married on 06/04/2022

Amazing to work with

Justine is not only one of the nicest people ever she’s amazing at what she does! She did my friend’s wedding and as soon as I got engaged I Asked immediately for her information!
    Rachael Married on 04/30/2022

An absolute Queen

Justine is an absolute queen! Not only did our makeup look absolutely amazing but the energy that Justine brings with her is just amazing! All the girls were raving about how much they loved their makeup. Could not recommend her enough!
    Samm S. Married on 03/13/2022

Great to work with!

Justine was easy to communicate with, and did a fantastic job for my whole party and I.
    Allie G. Married on 02/09/2022

Justine is amazing!

I would recommend Justine to anyone who needs their make-up professionally done! She was the most easy going, responsive, and fun! Justine did exactly what I had pictured and people kept commenting on my wedding day how beautiful and natural my make up looked. I would say that Justine goes above and beyond for her clients and makes them feel comfortable in every way. I absolutely love Justine and her work she is truly talented!
  • Colleen
    Colleen L. Married on 12/11/2021

Perfection!

Justine is the absolute best! Unbelievably talented and so much fun to get ready with on your big day. I don't wear much makeup on a daily basis and wanted a look that was natural looking but also transforming..and she nailed it. Actually, twice, as she did my makeup as a bridesmaids once before and it was perfect. The look also lasted without a single smudge until I washed my face over 24 hours later. If you're lucky enough to nab her, do it! It'll be one of the best decisions you make.
    Sommer P. Married on 12/04/2021

Absolutely amazing!!

I could go on all day about how awesome Justine is. As someone who isn’t terrible at makeup and likes full glam, picking a makeup artist on your big day is hard! Justine’s work is amazing and I booked her as soon as I could. I have very dry often difficult skin and Justine made me glow all night. My bridesmaids looked amazing and to quote my MOH “this is some of the best makeup I’ve ever seen”. On top of her amazing work, Justine is so sweet and easy to talk to. She makes you feel so comfortable, which is so important on such a big day.
  • Katie
    Katie H. Married on 11/20/2021

Amazing!

Justine is a phenomenal makeup artist!!! Not only is she fun and nice, she made me feel like the most beautiful bride on my wedding day. All my bridesmaids absolutely loved her and their makeup as well. So easy to reach out too as well and very reliable!
    Samantha S. Married on 10/22/2021

Amazing! 10/10, Justine is a GEM!

I was referred to 3 different make up artists for my wedding make up and Justine by far nailed it as far as communication & response time. I chose her bridal package so we were able to spend time over the trials getting to know each other and I truly felt comfortable telling her what I wanted for each occasion to ensure we got the best outcome for the wedding as well. Ya girl KILLED it. Her makeup lasts all night and maybeee into the next day, I’d know cause I’m totally the pass out before washing my face kinda gal. It also made me feel GORGEOUS, I never felt like I had to check myself or worry about if something was out of place. She made me feel/look like an absolute princess. Xo
    Deanna C. Married on 10/02/2021

Seriously the BEST!

Justine is amazing!! She literally responded within minutes of my initial inquiry, which alleviated so much stress knowing that she would be able to do the makeup on my wedding day! Everyone's makeup looked so good, and looked perfect all night! She had everyone in the getting ready room laughing and comfortable and I could not have imagined a better experience!!
    Chelsea B. Married on 09/18/2021

The Absolute BEST

Justine is by far one of the best decisions I made for my wedding. From the trial to the wedding day, she was so amazing. I wanted a natural but elegant look, and Justine delivered. I didn’t even have to show her photos of what I wanted, I just told her what I was looking for and she put her magical art to work.

Justine is so professional and has a great personality. There is not a dull moment with her and she is so comfortable to be around. All my bridesmaids loved their make up, as well as my mother, mother In law, and grandma-in-law. Truly not ONE person had a complaint. Her make up also photographs incredibly and lasted all night, even throughout my sweaty night and dancing.

Stop looking for other make up artists and book Justine now. Her pricing is so reasonable considering everything you will receive from her- I have truly never felt so beautiful in my life. Soon I am going to book her for a make up lesson soon for some every day make up tips!
  • Abigail
    Abigail Married on 09/12/2021

GREAT choice!

This past Sunday was the second time that I used Justine for makeup. Yet again, she did the most amazing job of glamming myself and my bridal party up for my vow renewal/celebration. She listened to everyone about their specific makeup likes/needs and was so flexible. She has such a fun personality and had all of us laughing and having a great time while getting ready. 10/10 recommend Justine for SURE!!!
  • Jasmyne
    Jasmyne D. Married on 09/05/2021

Don’t walk, RUN and book Justine!

Justine was absolutely amazing!! I could not recommend her more! During the trial she took the time to get to know my individual style and the look that I was going for. She also explained the products that she used and what effect it gave. The day of, she was on time and super professional and created a relaxing and fun ambiance for my bride party to get ready in. She listened and incorporated the makeup styles of each individual bridesmaid and exceeded their expectations! She even convinced my mom to try falsies, which I didn’t think would be possible. Don’t walk, RUN and book Justine for your bridal makeup!
  • Meg
    Meg Married on 09/03/2021

Simply the Best

I don’t even know where to begin this glowing review. Justine is simply the best. From the ease of booking, rescheduling with covid, to the day of the wedding-- everything was PERFECT. She knows exactly what she's doing with a ton of wedding experience. She kept me on my game, asking about timeline and details when appropriate. Justine was always available to answer questions or provide recommendations. She even did a pre wedding trial for my MIL and worked which her skin sensitivities. As for the wedding day, every single person who received services expressed how much they loved Justine. Everyone loved her makeup artistry, but just as important her personality. She made the morning so fun, she fit right in with the bridal party! We were laughing, crying, but mostly crying from laughing. She has a heart of pure gold, I could not imagine my day without her. My makeup was perfect the entire night! After waiting 3 years, I danced my heart out and all my makeup was sweat proof! We even took nighttime photos at 10pm and it still looked fresh. If you are thinking about booking, DO IT NOW before someone else takes your date
    Priscilla H. Married on 08/21/2021

Justine did an amazing job and made me feel like a queen!

Justine was amazing. She did me and my bridal party makeup. It’s was beautiful and lasted all day! She’s such a fun and talented person.
  • Rachael
    Rachael Married on 07/23/2021

The BEST there is!!!!

I can’t say enough great things about Justine. First of all my original MUA went out of business due to Covid and I was in need a few months before my wedding. Justine was so amazing and professional and stepped in and I’m pinching myself for not choosing her from the start. She is always early, fast, hilarious, amazing to have hang out with you and your bridal party on the day, and does the best makeup I’ve ever seen. Seriously. It never moved or sweat off (outdoors in July in Maryland…). I can’t recommend her enough!!! If you don’t book her what are you thinking?
  • Sarah
    Sarah T. Married on 07/10/2021

Justine: Simply AMAZING

Justine is hands down the BEST in the game.

My friends lovingly call me a “triple A” personality due to my lethal mix of OCD & perfectionism. So, planning a wedding (then postponing and re-planning thanks to COVID) left me wildly on edge. I am THAT bridezilla.

Thankfully, I was lucky enough to land Justine as my wedding MUA. She is- by FAR- the most responsive, most genuine, most friggin’ TALENTED HUMAN I’ve ever met. Scratch that- she is a superhuman. She absolutely perfected both mine and my 10 (!!!) bridesmaids makeup, plus my mother and very *particular* MIL. Everyone was blown away by her work. I can’t say enough good things about this woman. She is the queen of MUAs, a hilarious friend, and a personal hype woman. I couldn’t imagine my wedding day without her.

So- do yourself the biggest favor and hire her for your event because I guarantee you will not regret it!!!
  • Courtney
    Courtney Married on 07/09/2021

Absolutely amazing!

Where do I even begin with Justine?! She’s been with us for over 2 years! She was there for me personally with going through vendor issues with being a covid bride. She felt more like a sister than a vendor. Justine did my make up for my engagement photos, bridal shower and wedding. Everyone looked absolutely amazing. I felt like my most beautiful self. As a mom that rarely happens. She has a heart of gold and her talent is something I didn’t even know existed! My entire bridal party raved about her. I am so thankful I had her for my special day. I will always look back and remember how beautiful I felt all thanks to her!
  • Madeline
    Madeline Married on 07/02/2021

Everything and more!

Justine is absolutely incredible! She has now done three make up applications on me including my wedding say and everyday I have felt like the most gorgeous person in the room! She is so talented and fun. It felt like she was one of my friends during my big day as she did everyone’s make up! I can’t recommend a better person to work with on your big day!
    April M. Married on 06/19/2021

Wow wow wow

My obsession with Justine started from the very moment I sent that inquiry email. I was already so impressed with how quickly she responded and was always so thorough. And then I met her in person and just WOW. She is the world's easiest person to talk to, so flexible and understanding, and has this natural way about her that can make you feel so comfortable and melt away any stresses. Then she turns that mirror around and you're so happy you want to cry off all your makeup! I and all of my bridesmaids loved our makeup so much and couldn't stop raving about her work. I had the luck of getting a big pimple 2 days before my wedding and I swear she pulled some wizardry- you would have never even known it was there. Also, she saved my day and reached out to all of her contacts and helped me find a new hairstylist when mine backed out shortly before the wedding. Her attention to detail and willingness to go above and beyond for her clients sets her apart from the rest. She's incredible and if given the chance, I would book her again and again!!
  • Megan
    Megan Married on 06/05/2021

Justin the MUA queen!

Justine is the best mua you could choose! I am *very* picky about my makeup and did a few trials with other artists before booking Justine to find a good fit. Not only was the makeup good but she was able to work with different levels of makeup lovers. Some of my bridesmaids like makeup more natural while others like myself love full glam and she did not disappoint either way! Also she has SUCH GOOD VIBES and really kept things light and fresh during the getting ready process! Not to mention, her goody bag of stuff (aspirin, tums, etc) for any issues that came up. She also is really good at communicating so you know she didn’t forget you and she responds quickly! So, you def need to book Justine the mua queen!
  • Cristal
    Cristal M. Married on 05/29/2021

A true makeup queen!

All I can say is that Justine is amazing! She will work with you, make you laugh, and she will have your back no matter what. If you are looking for a talented makeup artist that will make you look breath taking, will make you laugh, and automatically makes you feel confident. Look no further because Justine is it!
  • Sierra
    Sierra C. Married on 05/15/2021

WOW - Justine is truly the best!

Where do I begin? Justine is an absolute scream - literally, she will make you scream with laughter. Not only is the girl hilarious, but she works overtime to make your dreams come true. She truly knows her craft and does gorgeous work. My bridesmaids and I were all complimented many times on our makeup! Justine is also super patient and doesn’t mind explaining the process for those who aren’t used to having their makeup done. She is amazing, love her and her work. I recommend her 1000000%.
  • Stephanie
    Stephanie P. Married on 05/08/2021

Best in the biz!

A 5 star review isn't even enough! I was lucky enough to have Justine glam me up for my bridal shower and again for my wedding. In addition to her awesome work, she is always responsive and easy to communicate with. On what turned out to be a wedding morning for the books due to crazy circumstances, Justine pulled through like only a truly talented professional can. Keeping us calm, keeping things fun and making us all look and feel our best ever all in record time! My entire bridal party (and Moms) couldn't stop raving about her work. Justine is wonderful to work with - I'm already looking for reasons for more future glam! Do not hesitate to book her for all your MUA needs!!
  • Marisa
    Marisa D. Married on 04/30/2021

Justine saved the day!

I'm writing this review before Justine even does my full bridal/bridal party make-up. That's how much I vouch for her!

First of all, during all the uncertainty of possibly postponing my fall 2020 wedding, placing soft holds, coordinating with vendors, etc. Justine was incredibly responsive and flexible. When I did finally postpone my big wedding to 2021, I knew I wanted Justine to still do my make-up for my micro wedding in 2020. I'm SO glad I did.

My hair ended up taking twice as long as it should have and Justine waited at my house for me until I got there (she's a saint!). Once we arrived, I was in full anxious panic-mode but Justine calmed me down and was joking around, making us laugh the whole time. She knew we were already late so she was thankfully working quickly - I thought for sure this meant my make-up would be compromised. But I thought SO wrong. My make-up was flawless and I'm not kidding when I say it's one of the things my now-husband still talks about from the wedding. I was complimented all night! We stayed out until 2 and my face looked untouched.

I'm SO excited and thankful I have Justine for me and my bridesmaids again in 2021. Hire her!!
  • Christine
    Christine Married on 03/20/2021

Top Notch!

Justine has pretty much became family after my wedding process! I booked Justine for my engagement photos and she stayed along for the right between my original wedding date and my new wedding date post-pandemic. Her communication was always so clear and was always prompt (if not early) to our appointments. Justine made sure to outline the important timelines on the wedding day to make sure that everyone was done when they needed to be. Did I mention she is a fun, spunky, amazing woman?! I made a friend for life with having Justine do my makeup for these milestones. Looking forward to her doing my makeup for all my important days moving forward!