Dettloff Makeup Reviews

61 | Baltimore, MD

61 Reviews for Dettloff Makeup

Allie G. · Getting married on 02/09/2022

Justine is amazing!

I would recommend Justine to anyone who needs their make-up professionally done! She was the most easy going, responsive, and fun! Justine did exactly what I had pictured and people kept commenting on my wedding day how beautiful and natural my make up looked. I would say that Justine goes above and beyond for her clients and makes them feel comfortable in every way. I absolutely love Justine and her work she is truly talented!

Sent on 10/11/2020
  • Marisa

Marisa D. · Getting married on 04/30/2021

Justine saved the day!

I'm writing this review before Justine even does my full bridal/bridal party make-up. That's how much I vouch for her!

First of all, during all the uncertainty of possibly postponing my fall 2020 wedding, placing soft holds, coordinating with vendors, etc. Justine was incredibly responsive and flexible. When I did finally postpone my big wedding to 2021, I knew I wanted Justine to still do my make-up for my micro wedding in 2020. I'm SO glad I did.

My hair ended up taking twice as long as it should have and Justine waited at my house for me until I got there (she's a saint!). Once we arrived, I was in full anxious panic-mode but Justine calmed me down and was joking around, making us laugh the whole time. She knew we were already late so she was thankfully working quickly - I thought for sure this meant my make-up would be compromised. But I thought SO wrong. My make-up was flawless and I'm not kidding when I say it's one of the things my now-husband still talks about from the wedding. I was complimented all night! We stayed out until 2 and my face looked untouched.

I'm SO excited and thankful I have Justine for me and my bridesmaids again in 2021. Hire her!!

Sent on 10/20/2020
  • Becca

Becca S. · Married on 12/05/2020

Amazing!!!!

Trust me, you want Justine on your bridal team. Amazing doesn’t even begin to cover it, she made me feel beyond beautiful on our wedding day as well as my engagement pictures and trial. Justine more than willing to accommodate changes with Covid and was willing to help with anything and everything. I will definitely be reaching out to Justine for all my future makeup needs! She absolutely killed my wedding look and I could have been more thrilled to have her as my makeup artist. I can’t recommend Dettloff Makeup enough!!!

Sent on 12/15/2020

Rachel P. · Married on 11/07/2020

Amazing Natural Glam!

My COVID wedding is coming up on 11/7/2020 and Justine was absolutely amazing for my trial. She explained all of her precautions regarding sanitation between bridesmaids on the day, which is a major plus! We did my trial this past weekend and not only was Justine incredibly personable, but she was so sweet and knew what I wanted when I said natural glam. I hung out (COVID-safe) with girl friends afterwards and they all mention how my natural features were enhance and not over shadowed! I will update this after the big day, but Justine is amazing!

Sent on 10/22/2020
  • Juliaerisman

Julia E. · Married on 10/09/2020

You’re doing it wrong if you don’t hire Justine!!!

Justine is hands down the best and you can’t go wrong with choosing her to beautify you on your big day!!! Justine did my make up for my engagement photos, bridal shower and on my wedding day. I did not have any specific photos of what I wanted to look like and let Justine do her thing for all three occasions and she absolutely killed it!!!

Justine also did all my bridesmaids make up, my Mom and MIL and they all could not stop raving about how bomb she is and how beautiful they all looked. Everyone could not stop telling me how beautiful I looked on our big day and how I looked absolutely flawless. If if wasn’t for Justine I wouldn’t have felt and looked as good as I did on our wedding day!

Justine has such a sweet and very outgoing personality, which is what every vendor should have. She makes everyone feel so comfortable and like her best friend.

You NEED to book Justine!!!!! You can’t go wrong. If you don’t book her, then you are doing it wrong.

Sent on 10/12/2020
  • Linsey

Linsey N. · Married on 10/04/2020

Omg amazing

WOW is all i can say!! This girl is amazing!! Everyone looked so beautiful!! She was so much fun to work with. My makeup lasted through tons of tears and a downpour!!! I would highly recommend Justine. All of my girls have told me how happy they were their makeup

Sent on 11/04/2020
  • Alexandra

Alexandra H. · Married on 10/03/2020

Just book her!!!

I’m super picky about makeup, and I’m obsessed with everything Justine does. I appreciate that she’s not a one-trick pony either. She caters to everyone’s comfort level, and lets people’s features shine. Her makeup also held up through everything, from crying at the altar to dancing for hours!

Justine is super quick with replying to any and all questions, which is so appreciated! I also love that Justine can walk into any room, strike up a conversation, and make anyone feel comfortable. On our wedding day, Justine had all the girls talking and laughing, and having the best time. She’s seriously so wonderful to work with!

Sent on 10/06/2020

Kristyn J. · Married on 09/05/2020

Book her now!

I cannot recommend Justine enough! She was quick to respond to my emails and very flexible when I had to postpone my big wedding but later decided to go through with a small ceremony this year. She is so easygoing and effervescent, and it felt like I was hanging out with a friend. She’s a fabulous makeup artist, and I’ve never felt so beautiful. If I could afford to hire her to do my makeup every day, I would!

Sent on 09/11/2020
  • DeLarrah

Delarrah R. · Married on 08/22/2020

The best to ever do it

Justine,

Professionalism is unmatched!! She went above and beyond for myself and my bridal party and even accommodated two family members who wanted their makeup done the day of my wedding! She was super flexible with having to change my wedding date because of COVID. She checked in frequently and treated me just like family. ❤️ I HIGHLY recommend booking with Justine. She has a lifetime customer because honey I just can’t let go. She is seriously the BEST to ever do it.

Sent on 09/01/2020
  • Melanie

Melanie S. · Married on 08/15/2020

Absolutely perfect

Justine was the makeup artist I always wanted to have for my big day. She is kind, professional, and extremely talented at what she does. She communicates with you to make sure she knows what you want for the big day and will go above and beyond to make sure everything runs smooth.
    Being the first time I have professionally had my makeup done, she really did great with not adding too much but not too little. I couldn't stop looking at myself because I felt like a princess. Best of all, the makeup stayed on throughout the entire night. I am extremely thankful to have had Justine for my wedding, she is just amazing!

Sent on 08/17/2020

Erika · Married on 07/19/2020

Absolutely Flawless!

This experience was picture perfect on so many levels! Justine is amazing! On top of making me (the bride) and my ladies look so beautiful, she was such great company and everything went so smoothly. We enjoyed talking and laughing with her. She is so passionate about what she does, and we appreciated the attention and love she put into our makeup!

Sent on 07/21/2020
  • Brittany

Brittany W. · Married on 07/04/2020

So happy I found Dettloff Makeup!!

My fiancé and I are both in the military, and we had to completely change our entire wedding last minute - I found Dettloff Makeup on instagram frantically searching through hashtags and their work is exactly what I wanted for my wedding day! Justine was so responsive and flexible and I was so grateful for her light-hearted personality the day of! She even popped the champagne bottle for us because we didn’t know how! She put on a fun playlist and had all of us laughing while we got ready, also my makeup stayed exactly the same all night through tears and sweat!!

Sent on 07/06/2020

Jennifer H. · Married on 06/19/2020

Simply the BEST!

I’m very picky when it comes to having my makeup done, and I always find it extremely hard to find a really good makeup artist. I came across Justine when I was in search of a makeup artist for my wedding. I read all of the great reviews she had, and I thought I would give it a try and start with a makeup trial. When I reached out to Justine regarding a bridal makeup trial for my wedding, she was very responsive and offered to drive to my location for the trial. She was on time, very sweet, and I can’t say enough about how great of a job she did on my makeup! I booked her for my wedding the same day I had my trial! On my wedding day, I didn’t have to tell her anything about how I wanted to look because she remembered! I just sat down in her chair, relaxed, and she made me look gorgeous! I will always reach out to Justine and ONLY Justine for all my makeup needs in the future. Thank goodness I finally found an amazing makeup artist!

Sent on 07/10/2020
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth · Married on 05/17/2020

Reserve her as your makeup artist!!

I wish Justine could do my makeup everyday. My bridesmaids and I looked gorgeous and wedding ready. My makeup made me feel/look beautiful and like a bride. Not only does she make you feel beautiful, her personality is perfect for your wedding day. Her bubbly personality helps contribute to the fun of the day. She is also fast at responding and has great customer service. I absolutely recommend her 20000000%! You will NOT be disappointed!

Sent on 07/16/2020

Staci R. · Married on 04/11/2020

Make-up Master

Dettloff make-up is professional, reliable, and truly a master at the art of make-up application. I have worked with Dettloff make-up on four separate occasions and each time i have never felt more beautiful. Justine also has the BEST playlists while applying your make-up. She has been so fun to work with. I hope we find a reason to cross paths in the future so i can continue to have my make-up done. Who needs a bridesmaid??
    If i were Kim K. id hire her to be my personal make-up artist. I ran the numbers once... haha!

Sent on 12/03/2019
  • Kendal

Kendal G. · Married on 03/21/2020

10/10 would recommend!

Justine is literally the best out there! We’ve worked together on multiple occasions but she reallllllly showed up for my wedding day. It was a dream makeup look for sure! She always nails it. The extra care she puts in before the actual application is also top notch and had my face feeling amazing the entire day. I can’t say this enough, but BOOK HER! She has a great work ethic, super professional and honestly became a friend in the process.

Sent on 10/14/2020
  • Diana

Diana · Married on 02/29/2020

Loved it!!

Justine was so nice and so willing to work different styles to fin the one!!
    She is so easy to talk to, she is so fun and so good at what she does. Makeup lasted all night, laughing crying dancing and all.
    I loved the makeup!! And my bridesmaids too

Sent on 03/10/2020
  • Faye

Faye P. · Married on 01/25/2020

Love Justine!

I used Justine for my makeup on my wedding day in 1/25/20, as well as for my makeup for my engagement shoot and bachelorette party. Justine is so flexible (I switched my wedding day like 3 times and changed the location of where I was getting ready for my bachelorette party) and so energetic! She did exactly what I wanted her to without even having to ask! I loved having her be a part of my wedding day! I will definitely use her in the future if I need my makeup done for anything!

Sent on 02/02/2020
  • Katie

Katie · Married on 11/01/2019

Absolutely Stunning

Justine made me feel like an absolute princess on my wedding day! The make up she used didn't feel heavy at all and was the perfect amount of glitter. I loved working with Justine and my wife loved the way I looked! Highly recommend.

Sent on 11/08/2019

Santana · Married on 10/27/2019

Wonderful!

Justine was so awesome to work with! I wasn’t sure how i really wanted to look on my wedding day but she used her expertise and nailed it!! I got so many compliments. She is so friendly, outgoing and easy to work with!

Sent on 11/10/2019
  • Brittney

Brittney · Married on 10/19/2019

Amazing experience

Justine was amazing would totally recommend and work with again! The quality was great with a wedding party of 13. Great personality and compassion for what she does.

Sent on 11/18/2019
  • Kristen

Kristen · Married on 10/18/2019

Perfection

I cant begin to tell you how amazing this woman is. She is extremely talented, very personable, and makes you feel gorgeous. I never once had to make changes to my look, she simply listened to some of my ideas and took it from there. I couldn't have been happier.

Sent on 11/25/2019

Catherine D. · Married on 09/28/2019

Awesome experience!

Justine was the most responsive, punctual, experienced artist. She made my day so easy! She answered my inquiry immediately and her experience was clearly seen on our trial. Her prices were great and all my bridesmaids loved her looks. They would book her themselves. She arrived on time, had a timeline and even finished early. I got compliments all night. Only great reviews.

Ps her personality is amazing g!

Sent on 12/02/2019

Mary · Married on 09/21/2019

Justine is Amazing!!

I cannot recommend Justine enough! She is so kind and knew exactly what I wanted! She made me feel so gorgeous on my wedding day and came so prepared for getting ready by bringing her own music and the playlists were on point :) She beautified not only me but my bridemaids, mother and grandmother as well and they all looked gorgeous! The make up she used lasted all day and I didn’t have to do any touch ups! Because of Justine, I have a lifetime of pictures from the wedding I can cherish :)

Sent on 12/11/2019