24 Reviews for Detroit Steel

Vocals (1)
Willing to Travel (1)
Lighting (1)
21 Detroit Steel Reviews

This band responded quickly to my inquiry through Gigmasters.com. They sent a response through the site, then followed up with a phone call within one day. Peyton was easy to work with through phone calls and texts. The band showed up early and was professional. The sound was checked prior to the start and everything was ready to go at our exact start time. They were amazing performers, wonderful energy, have great vocals, guitar, keyboards and drums. They did an 80's theme party for us and had the whole group dancing ( and singing) the whole time! No one sat down for 2 hours! We were so impressed with the quality of their sound. I highly recommend them for any event. They also put in some current songs that were well received.

Profile Picture Lauren, 10/19/19, 1 Review
Category: Band
Services Used: MC, Reception, Sample Music, Lighting, Microphones, Sound/PA System

Incredible party band. We asked them to ROCK – and the boys delivered! Incredible musicians, they played all night long. The lead singer has an incredible voice, and the lead guitar absolutely destroys the solos, and the drummer is solid as a rock. They kept up with requests. Even the bartenders were dancing, and I asked them what they thought of the band, and they said they'd never heard a cover band this good ever. So yeah, if the bartenders are having a good time, you know the band is truly great.

Profile Picture Joshua, 1/25/17, 1 Review
Category: Band

HiFi out preformed our expectations! They arrived with all their equipment,no issues on anything, set up like this was there spot every night, then when the reception got started they had coordinated with the B&G the entrance music for BM and GM and for B&G! What a fun way to make your entrance and set the tone for the night. Band did a perfect renditions of selected first dance songs and them kicked it up with party music. Kept everyone on the floor dancing all night long. They provided mike for our toast and never slowed down for lengthy breaks. I also want to point out, they were all well dressed for our reception. Peyton was a pleasure to work with and the band was awesome!! Guests are still talking about how much fun our band was. If you are trying to decide between band or dj - go HIFi Band!

Profile Picture TIna, 1/21/17, 10 Reviews
Category: Band
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Instrumentals, Learning New Songs, Music During Breaks, Reception, Vocals, Willing to Travel

We had Detroit Steel rock our wedding in May of 2016 and they were amazing! The whole process was great. Pricing was fair, especially compared to the competition. The communication with Peyton, the band manager, was always spot on. We had even had some more unusual requests for the wedding itself and they accommodated everything. We really couldn't have been happier with the band. I highly, highly recommend!

Profile Picture Mike, 5/27/16, 1 Review
Category: Band

Amazing band, they made this a memorable experience for us and guests loved them. Great energy, great set list, great sound, very easy to work with. I'll never forget these guys and recommend them to everyone. Don't get a boring wedding band where everyone suits around, hire these guys for real music and a great night.

Profile Picture Rob, 11/6/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Band

Hiring Detroit Steel was probably one of the best decisions I made when planning my wedding. Not only did they sound amazing, but they also traveled several hours to reach my venue, and also learned three songs for us. They had everyone out dancing, and enjoying themselves. If I ever need another band in the future, I will for sure hire them again!

Profile Picture Tiffany, 2/7/15, 6 Reviews
Category: Band

Could not recommend Detroit Steel enough. They did a wonderful job at our wedding, and we had many, many guests come up to us afterwards saying how great the band was. Besides being great/fun musicians, however, they also were kind, fun, and caring, (which isn't always the case with wedding vendors), and went out of their way to make our big day as perfect as it could be. Thank y'all!

Profile Picture Stephen, 10/28/14, 1 Review
Category: Band

If you are at all on the fence about booking Detroit Steel for your wedding… DO IT! I say this with complete confidence on several fronts.

Firstly, of all the vendors that my fiancée and I dealt with leading up to our wedding day, Peyton was by far one of the most accommodating and responsive. You can expect complete professionalism and quick responses to any questions or concerns you have leading up to your big day.

Secondly, they put on an awesome show. Prior to the wedding we had filled out a song list of some of our “play” and “do not play” songs, while they did a great job at sticking to that list, they also did a terrific job at gauging the crowd and playing music that would energize the dance floor even more. While the party was definitely hopping, they also slowed down the tempo now and again for some awesome slow songs. I don’t know who the lead singer was that evening, but there were several songs that he sang acoustically (just him and a piano) that had I not known better, I would have thought was a recording.

Prior to signing a contract with Detroit Steel I had researched and spoke with about a dozen other bands…in my opinion, not only were they want of the best deals financially, but one of the best bands all around.

Awesome stuff from these guys.

-Kyle

Profile Picture Kyle, 10/25/14, 1 Review
Category: Band

We booked the band about month before our wedding, and Peyton from Detroit Steel made it work and pulled off a great performance under such short notice. He was very professional, had great response time, and even learned new songs to make the event memorable.

Profile Picture Justin, 10/25/14, 1 Review
Category: Band

Detroit Steel played at my recent wedding, and we absolutely loved them! So many of our guests approached us after the wedding and raved about how much they liked them. The band was incredibly professional and polite, but also knew how to keep the party going. Also, Detroit Steel will learn up to 3 songs for your event (in addition to their huge selection of songs of every genre and decade!), which I really appreciated - and they did a great rendition that I couldn't be happier with. They are also very reasonably priced...and worth every penny!

Thanks, Detroit Steel! Hoping to be able to see you somewhere else soon!

Profile Picture Tina, 10/18/14, 1 Review
Category: Band

Detroit Steel did a fantastic job for our October wedding. They learned a Van Morrison song for the father-daughter dance, and did a perfect rendition. They catered to the mood of the party and everyone had such a great time. Peyton was great to work with and coordinated everything with ease. We would definitely have the band for any future events.

Profile Picture L, 10/4/14, 1 Review
Category: Band

Great band!! I would recommend them to anyone. Easy to work with and did an awesome job

Profile Picture Kurt, 6/28/14, 1 Review
Category: Band

Special thanks to Peyton and the rest of Detroit Steel for making our wedding day such a memorable experience. From the beginning, Peyton was such a pleasure to work with - very responsive and accommodating. Their sound and lighting system was great and easily made the experience that much better. We had many comments from our guests on what a great band played at our wedding! They turned our reception into a party! Thanks Peyton and Detroit Steel!

Profile Picture Holly, 5/3/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Band

Detroit steel far exceeded our expectations! Our guest loved the music and said it was by far the best wedding they had been to due to Detroit steel! They really got the crowd involved which was something my husband and I really wanted. They went out of their way to accommodate every request and were wonderful at communicating from the start of process to the end. They even learned new songs that my husband and I wanted played that we're special to us. They had high energy! Peyton really made us feel special like he knew us forever like we were family. I highly recommend them hands down! We will never forget how special they made our wedding. Thanks! Dianna

Profile Picture Dianna, 5/2/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Band

Peyton and the guys put on a GREAT show at our wedding reception that had everybody moving. Our wedding guests were a diverse bunch, but Detroit Steel's playlist, with a wide range of genres, kept everybody happy. Almost as important as the performance itself, the responsiveness and planning leading up to the wedding was perfect. Peyton went above and beyond to be sure that their performance was exactly what we wanted. Out of all the vendors we dealt with, Detroit Steel was the easiest to get ahold of and work with. I would absolutely recommend them for weddings, or any other event!

Profile Picture Parick, 4/12/14, 1 Review
Category: Band

Detroit Steel is amazing!!! It was a pleasure to work with them leading up to the wedding---friendly & professional client customer service with quick correspondence to questions & requests. Detroit Steel AT THE wedding, killed it! Everyone was having a blast! Great energy with talented vocals & skilled musicians. Book them!

Profile Picture Beth, 11/9/13, 1 Review
Category: Band

Detroit Steel rocked our wedding. They nailed every song they played, especially the new tunes they learned just for us. They had great interactions with the crowd, and were loved by all in attendance. We were 100% satisfied with our choice in wedding bands.

Profile Picture User3582829, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Band

Detroit Steel was the perfect band for our wedding! We didn't want the typical, boring wedding band. We liked that Detroit Steel had a huge range of songs from all decades and you can even select 3 songs of your choice for them to learn to play, which they did very well. Additonally, they have a great look and will dress per your request. The guys kept the guests dancing all night, got involved with the crowd and even let us get on stage to sing our favorite song. Everyone had a great time and we got so many compliments on our band. The lighting and sound provided by them was awesome and I also can't say enough good things about their professionalism, follow up and quick responses. Definitely hire Detroit Steel for your event! I will use them again if I need a band in the future.

Profile Picture Christie, 7/27/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Band

Peyton and the guys were absolutely amazing!! I knew they would be pretty good from the videos they sent, but we were all blown away by how great they sounded live. Everyone at the wedding kept telling us how great the band was and that it was the most fun they ever had at a reception. The dance floor was packed the whole night with guests dancing and jumping around. Detroit Steel's interaction with the crowd was a major factor for keeping everyone on the dance floor. They kept coming out into the crowd letting people sing along with them and they fed off of the crowd really well. You could not possibly be disappointed if you pick them to play at your event.

Profile Picture Amanda, 4/13/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Band

Our wedding venue in Austin, TX is still picking pieces of our faces up off the ground six months later from when Detroit Steel rocked them off.
They were extremely professional and returned every call and email the very same day. We made a major change in venue the week before our event and they were able to adapt seamlessly to the new situation and offered suggestions on how to make it work. They have a huge repertoire and they know how to use it to get everyone up dancing. Aside from all those professional qualities they are just super nice guys. They even let one of our (possibly tipsy) guests step in as lead singer for Rebel Yell. Every guest I spoke with, young and old, said our wedding was the most fun ever and we attribute that largely to Detroit Steel.

Profile Picture Kristine, 4/6/13, 1 Review
Category: Band

I have had the opportunity to see Detroit Steel live at several venues downtown Austin. They always put on a great show and are very entertaining.
It wasn’t until my wife and I asked the band to be a part of our big day that I found out how versatile they are. While planning our wedding, my wife and I decided to forego a traditional DJ and thought it would be much more fun and memorable to have a live band. Our only wish list for a band was someone Fun, Loud and Funky who could keep the party going all night. We both immediately turned to a local band - Detroit Steel. My wife and I come from two entirely different backgrounds and Detroit Steel incorporated everything from southern rock to Motown to ensure the dance floor was packed… We never knew what they were going to sing next.
Booking the Detroit Steel band for our wedding turned out to be the BEST IDEA we both decided on and we had an amazing time. :)
Family and friends still comment on how great the band was.
I highly recommend them for your big day... they will not disappoint.

* Versatile