Destinations by Amy Reviews

24 | Arlington Heights, IL

24 Reviews for Destinations by Amy

24 Destinations by Amy Reviews

Katelyn · Married on 06/01/2018

Working with Destinations by Amy was by far the best experience I had while planning my wedding. The entire team took off a lot of stress for my husband and I while trying to pick a destination to go to for our wedding.

Amy took the time out and really listened to our needs and budget and gave us a couple different places to look into for where we should get married. Once we picked the destination everything was super easy from there. They made our invitations for us and helped all of our guests out with planning their trips for our special day!! Kate was amazing too. She really helped with airfare and booking all the rooms.

Amy let us know who our contact would be at the resort and she always wanted to make sure she was in the loop on everything so she asked to be copied in all e-mails and if needed she would explain certain things to and from the wedding coordinator at the resort.

Everyone on of my guests that attended our wedding loved the experience they had working with Amy and her team. Not one bad thing was said and that tells you a lot about the company.

All I can say is that I would not have had the most beautiful, memorable wedding without the help from Amy and her team. They really did make all my dreams come true.

Jennifer · Married on 01/19/2018

Thank you for everything! We really appreciate all of your hard work. The wedding was beautiful and so was the destination

Sent on 02/02/2018
    Destinations by Amy 1
    Destinations by Amy 2
    Destinations by Amy 3

Destinations by Amy's reply:

Thanks so much Jennifer! It was a pleasure working with you and your group. We look forward to working with you again soon. Warmly, The Destinations by Amy Team

Shannon · Married on 08/10/2017

Amy and Kate were amazing! They made everything easy and they respond so quickly! They definitely took a lot of the stress of wedding planning out and made sure it was a wonderful experience! We are already using them for another family trip and will continue to in the future! They are the best! THANK YOU! :)

Sent on 08/30/2017

Destinations by Amy's reply:

Shannon, thanks so much for your review. You and your group were amazing to work with and we are so happy for you and Keith. We look forward to helping you plan you next group vacation!

Nadia · Married on 06/16/2017

We absolutely loved the Destinations by Amy Team. They made the wedding planning process a breeze from start to finish. All our family and friends shared that they were pleased with Amy and Kate when booking their trips. We wouldn't change a thing about our wedding, it was absolutely perfect. Amy helped us select an amazing location, Hyatt Ziva in Montego Bay, it's absolutely breathtaking. The prices were very reasonable and we feel once we arrived to our resort we were treated like royalty. We highly recommended going through Destinations by Amy!!!

Sent on 08/19/2017

Destinations by Amy's reply:

Nadia, thanks for your thoughtful review. We are so happy for you and Jordan. Jamaica is beautiful and the Hyatt Ziva in Montego Bay was such a smart choice. We look forward to helping you again soon.

Autumn · Married on 05/19/2017

This company was great to work with! Even when there were changes that popped up, they handled everything efficiently! I recommend them in the future to anyone.

Sent on 08/16/2017

Destinations by Amy's reply:

Thank you, Autumn. We are so happy for you and Eric. We loved helping you and guests book their stay at the Hard Rock Riviera Maya. Can't wait to work with you again. Enjoy, Newlyweds!

Kelly · Married on 05/12/2017

This team rocks!!! I had over 30+ couples put their deposit down last minute and pay fully last minute.. because my friends are all last minute people. But, Kate and Amy spent their time making sure everyone got the group pricing and paid to go to our wedding in Punta cana at the hard rock. They called to check up and see if I had any questions, answered any annoying, crazy bride, tourist questions both from guests and I. They made our transportation, wedding planning, and stay the most stress free any bride could ask for! I honestly from the bottom to the top of my heart thank this team and they have gained a forever client!

Sent on 08/08/2017

Destinations by Amy's reply:

Thank you, Kelly, for your kind review. Your group was a blast to work with and we are so happy to help you have a stress-free wedding planning. Give us a ring, let's get you and your tribe on another trip soon!

Heather · Married on 04/14/2017

Amy and Kate worked with us planning accommodations for 40 guests traveling from many states to Mexico for our wedding. They were wonderful at explaining the process so we felt confident in them from the start. We knew we wanted to stay at the Riu Palace Pacifico, and were getting married elsewhere. They were able to get us good rates and additional group events that were well coordinated by the hotel event staff. They could not have done a better job and I will definitely work with them again when coordinating large group travel. All our guests had such a great time, they want to go back every year for an anniversary!

Sent on 08/28/2017

Destinations by Amy's reply:

Thanks, Heather. We appreciate your kind review. Our team loved being a part of this important trip for you and Nate. We all look forward to help you with your group travel planning in the future.

russell · Married on 04/10/2017

we don't think we could have picked a better agency to work with. we put them through the ringer trying to find us a perfect resort and they went above and beyond to do it. The Grand Palladium Palace Resort spa & casino in Punta Cana was amazing and without Amy & Kate we would not have been able to enjoy it! thank you guys so much and we look forward to using them for future trips!

Sent on 09/23/2017

Destinations by Amy's reply:

Thanks, Russ. I'm so glad you enjoyed the resort and our services. We enjoyed helping you with all of the details. We look forward to booking another group trip for you soon.

Therese · Married on 03/23/2017

Amy was awesome. She made sure I was completely informed of the whole wedding planning process. Amy helped me plan my destination wedding in Jamaica and it was magical!

Sent on 07/05/2017

Destinations by Amy's reply:

Therese, thank you for your kind review. I'm so glad we were able to help you plan your Destination Wedding. Keep in Touch! We would love to help you your future trips. Many other Caribbean Islands to explore!

Aimee · Married on 11/11/2016

If you are planning a destination wedding.... there’s truly no better specialists to use! Upon getting engaged, I was feeling overwhelmed & I came across Destinations By Amy online & decided to give Amy a call. This was the BEST decision my husband and I could have made! Speaking with her for the first time we knew immediately we could trust her to help plan the best day of our lives! After our first conversation, we talked about locations & budgets & she sent us recommendations for resorts, what the perks of staying at/getting married at each resort were, & pricing packages for the time we were interested in going (SO HELPFUL!!!!). Once our decision was made to have our wedding at the Hard Rock Hotel in Riviera Maya, she began planning for us. She created our wedding web page, our electronic save the date (saved so much money by sending this way!), gave us access to a RSVP page where our guests could go to let us know whether they would be attending or not, and sent out our save the dates to all our guests! She put us in touch with the resort, initiated our contract, reserved our room block for us, & filled us in on all the details we needed to know that were important to our planning. Shortly after, we began also working with Kate from Destinations by Amy. Kate secured the travel & airport transfers for just about all of our guests! Being able to receive an updated spread sheet with guests who booked, dates of travel, flight info, etc. was AMAZING! Kate answered endless phone calls & emails from my guests and I about booking, traveling, the resort, etc. They truly made sure every little detail was seamless! Once we were on the resort, we were still able to reach out to them if we needed to and we even received a welcome/congratulations card to our room (so sweet!). In the days after the trip, all guests received the most genuine cards to our homes from Kate & Amy. I cannot thank Destinations By Amy enough for making sure our wedding was absolutely PERFECT!!!

Sent on 12/07/2016

Destinations by Amy's reply:

Aimee, thanks so much for your generous review. We enjoyed working with you and your guests to book their travel for your Destination Wedding at the Hard Rock Riviera Maya. We look forward to helping you with your group travel plans again soon!

Mason · Married on 09/03/2016

Go with a travel agent they help take the stress and it of planning a honeymoon read below to what I had to say after the trip.
    The honeymoon was AMAZING!! Both Christina and I had a blast we loved the resort and the people of St Lucia. We both would love to go back. We did get your note and the bottle of champagne we opened that the first night. We did several excursion and went to the other resorts many times. Thank you for all you did and provided to us we couldn't have done all that alone. We plan on going to another Sandals resort in the future we will stay in contact with you! Once again thank you for all you did to make our special week happen.

Sent on 10/01/2016

Destinations by Amy's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind review. Our team is always happy to hear from our Honeymooners! Congratulations and we can't wait to help you with your anniversary trips.

Heidi · Married on 08/20/2016

Kate with Destinations by Amy was so incredibly helpful in planning our Honeymoon, we had a few intro conversations and she planned a few options that fit just what we were looking for. Our trip was perfect and we really did not have to do any planning, it was wonderful. I would highly recommend using this service in booking your Honeymoon.

Sent on 09/06/2016

Destinations by Amy's reply:

Heidi, thanks so much for your kind review. We are so pleased you enjoyed your Honeymoon. Kate and the Destinations by Amy team would love to help you plan your anniversary trips. We look forward to hearing from you!

Kelly · Married on 07/29/2016

Destinations by Amy (Kim) planned my honeymoon to Ocho Rios, Jamaica. We stay at a Sandals resort. We had the most amazing week of our lives! Everything from the flight, food, and activities were perfect.

Sent on 08/19/2016

Destinations by Amy's reply:

Kelly, thanks so much for this nice review! We are so glad you have a great time on your honeymoon. Thanks so much for your business. We look forward to helping you with your anniversary trips. We hope to hear from you soon!

Stacey · Married on 11/22/2014

Amy was amazing! We weren't entirely sure where we wanted to go on our honeymoon but using the few requirements/stipulations we had, Amy provided us with a handful of options. Booking was very smooth and efficient. She made this one of the easiest parts of the wedding planning! She is very professional and courteous and we look forward to working with her again in the future!Thank you!!

Sent on 01/14/2015

Destinations by Amy's reply:

Thanks so much for your kind review Stacey. We are so happy you had a great experience on your Honeymoon. We would love to help you with anniversary trips, too! We look forward to hearing from you.

Lacy · Married on 11/07/2014

My new husband and I just got back from our 11 day destination wedding and honeymoon all booked and planned by Amy. It could not have been better! She was such a great help though the whole process. When I started I only knew I wanted to get married in Mexico. When I was done Amy had helped me find the perfect resort that fit all our needs, find the perfect wedding package, coordinate with the local "Mexican" wedding planners, book my husband's and my stay, booked 25 of my guests, and also booked our honeymoon! This girl really can do it all!
    She also helped answer all my questions as well as my guests. She was professional and knowledgeable!

Sent on 12/21/2015

Destinations by Amy's reply:

Lacy, thanks for your glowing review. My team and I are so happy you had such great experience. You had one of the most unique weddings I have ever done. Everyone of your guests were delightful to work with. Please get in touch when you are ready to plan another trip. We would love to help!

Liz · Married on 04/28/2012

Amy was awesome! She made planning a destination wedding as stress free as possible. She did such s great job and I would highly recommend her to anyone planning a destination wedding.

Sent on 04/26/2013

Destinations by Amy's reply:

Thanks so much for the nice words, Liz! Your group was great to work with. My team and I would love to help you any future trips you are planning. We look forward to hearing from you.

Jamie · Married on 02/18/2011

I couldn't have asked for a better travel coordinator for my destination wedding!!! Amy's professionalism, knowledge, and overall competency was so appreciated, as it made my wedding planning experience that much less stressful :-). I, as well as all of my guests, were so grateful for her services! Thanks, Amy!!!

Sent on 04/30/2013

Destinations by Amy's reply:

Thanks for your glowing review, Jamie! Your group was great to work with, we enjoyed helping you plan. We look forward to helping you with another group trip soon.

Jamee · Married on 10/03/2009

From the moment we contacted Kate regarding planning an adults-only get-away with friends, we knew we were in great hands! Kate took the time to understand what we were looking for on our get-away so she could recommend resorts that aligned with our interests. Throughout our vacation planning, Kate was extremely responsive and went above and beyond to address our questions and concerns and help us prepare for our trip. When we arrived in paradise, we had a personal note from Kate and team welcoming us which truly embodies the level of service and personalization they provide. Can't wait to plan our next trip with Kate and Destinations by Amy!!!

Sent on 10/26/2017
    Destinations by Amy 4
    Destinations by Amy 5

Destinations by Amy's reply:

Thank you for your kind words, Jamee. Our team is so excited that you enjoyed your stay at Secrets Maroma. We look forward to working with you again soon!

Andre · Married on 10/21/2016

Kim helped me and my wife with our honeymoon and she nailed it!! We went to the Grand Palladium Kantenah Resort in Mexico. It was everything we dreamed of. Kim was very flexible with what we were looking and she matched it up perfectly. Thank you so much Kim. Definitely will be going back to her in the future =)

Sent on 11/07/2016

Destinations by Amy's reply:

Thank you for your kind review, Andre. We are pleased your Honeymoon was a success! Congrats, Newlyweds.

Sydney · Married on 07/15/2017

3.5

Destinations by Amy were great! They were quick and responsive!

Stephanie · Married on 11/22/2016

3.8
      3.5

Planning a destination wedding sounds good in theory, but thank goodness Amy was there to connect all the pieces! She jumped in and helped me pick a great location, listened to my priority list (and budget) and helped me choose an intimate spot. She also touched base after we had planned most everything to see if there was anything else she could help with, which meant a lot. If you are having trouble getting everything organized and set for your destination wedding, Amy is your "go to". Thanks Amy!

Sent on 12/03/2016

Destinations by Amy's reply:

Thanks Stephanie, for your kind review. It was a pleasure to help you with such an important event. Congrats! We look forward to working with you again soon.

Crystal · Married on 02/18/2017

3.4
      2.0
      2.0

First of all, thanks to Amy and Kim for coordinating this event for us. The resort and the staff were fantastic and we plan to return next year!!! Two issues: 1) Timeframe did not meet the satisfaction for the travelers. I feel if we could have had more correspondences going out early it would have yielded in more attendees. Because our travelers were alerted a week (and for some) days before the due date this resulted in over 12 cancellations. Those cancellations resulted in us paying $4500 to resort. I'd strongly recommend a payment/installment plan (ex: 8 payments in a 8 month period) for future customers. 2) Responsiveness for customers: Several of my guests reported that they did not get a followup call in a timely manner; in fact one relative reported that her credit card was charged without her knowledge. As a result, she booked her hotel and flight stay outside of our group.

Brian · Married on 05/27/2017

0.8
      1.5
      1.5

Use someone else!!! This is the most disorganized travel agency I have ever used.