Designs by Ella Rae Reviews

38 | Utica, MI

38 Reviews for Designs by Ella Rae

Danielle · Married on 10/12/2013

Finding Kay, and Designs By Ella Rae, for my wedding day was such a blessing! Immediately, Kay became like family and like a trusted friend. I had the utmost confidence that she would make my wedding day beautiful and memorable...and boy, did she ever deliver! Kay is creative and professional, and leaves you feeling confident and relaxed about your big day. And while you worry with some vendors (especially florists) that you're going to spend a fortune and get "ripped off," with Kay and her company, she's SO reasonable and will work with your budget to make sure your dream wedding possible, and totally within your reach. Even when she knows your budget, she tries to keep the price lower! I truly couldn't have found a better person than Kay...I love the work she did, I love her genuine and caring personality, I love her creativity and fun designs and I simply just love her. My bouquet was AMAZING, and I received SO many compliments on my bright, vivid, fall colors. She simply captured "me" and everything I love, and she truly made the day represent me and fiance' and who we really are. She also set up my "candy bar" and my "in remembrance" table before the reception, and did it beautifully and artfully. I'd recommend her immediately and without any hesitation to any bride who wants their wedding day to be beautiful, totally unique and within their budget. My fall wedding was perfect, and it was thanks to Kay.

Sent on 10/16/2013

Sarah · Married on 09/14/2013

I could not possibly rave enough about how happy I was with EVERYTHING that Designs by Ella Rae did for my daughter's wedding. I am still receiving phone calls saying that it looked like a Martha Stewart Dream Wedding! Lisa and Kay went above and beyond in designing the most beautiful bouquets, boutonnieres and arrangements I could have imagined! They not only blew away my expectations, they added special touches everywhere that I would not have thought of!!! They kept within my budget and let me know anytime something may cost extra. I could not be more thrilled with their professionalism and amazing talent!! If you're still looking for someone to do flowers for your wedding... you can stop... you've found the best!!

Sent on 09/18/2013

Stephanie · Married on 07/27/2013

Working with Kay was such a wonderful experience. After our first meeting, I felt like we had known each other for years! She was so personable and easy to work with. She planned everything perfectly and made sure that every detail was taken care of. I was blown away to see my flowers the day of my wedding. They were so gorgeous and more beautiful than I could have imagined and all for a reasonable price. Kay even took the time to come to my reception hall with me to do a walk through and plan our more details before the wedding. Kay's team went above and beyond and threw in extra details that I wasn't even expecting. It was perfectly flawless.

Sent on 08/08/2013

Kathy · Married on 07/18/2013

I could not have asked for a more beautiful experience!!!! Lisa the designer was incredible!!!! She gave us alternatives that were perfect because the flowers that my daughter te bride has chosen were out if season. The alternatives were outstanding!!!!! The bouquets were more beautiful than we could have imagined!!!! And they went the extra mile and them some in service the day of the wedding!!!! All of the table arrangements an garden arrangements were awesome!!!!! The wait staff and guests all commented that they had never seen anything so beautiful!!!! Prices were great too!!! We would and have already recommended Ella Rae to other brides!!!!

Sent on 08/21/2013
  • User3352001 · 2+ years ago

I would highly recommend Designs by Ella Rae! Kay was an absolute pleasure to work with, had amazing response time to all my e-mails, and extremely detailed! Thank you for making my day beautiful!!

Sent on 06/25/2013
  • Angela

Angela · Married on 06/15/2013

Kay, I enjoyed working with you right after our very first meeting back in February (i think it was). You and your team did an outstanding job with our flowers. THANK YOU. I loved it all.. my bouquet, the bridesmaids bouquet, the flower girl ball, the buttonnieres, the mantle, the unity candle arrangement and ALL the setting up/decorating you did. Amazing. No complaints here at all :). I will be referring many people to you.

Sent on 06/18/2013

Dawnielle · Married on 05/11/2013

Being a licensed cosmetologist as well as an event planner made it fairly simple for us to plan our entire wedding in less than 5 months. Flowers were the one thing that I didn't feel confident about. I know what colors I wanted but was unsure of EVERYTHING else pertaining to the flowers. All of my girls wore black dresses and I let them each pick their own accent color. The accent was their shoes and their flowers. I wanted them all to be different and after meeting with Lisa and kinda giving her an idea of what I was imagining I was so at ease. The only thing she asked for was a picture of each of the girls shoes so she could match the colors..everything else I handed over complete control and let her do whatever she thought would be best, after all, I'm not a florist. May 11 rolled around and my mind was blown! The flowers made everything come together so beautifully and WAY exceeded our expectations. The flowers were delivered right to the hotel in beautiful vases that we used at the head table for the reception. She even made my bouquet super personal by adding in a tiny picture of my grandma who recently passed away and used broaches that were special to me on both my bouquet and my husbands boutineer. Everyone made sure to tell us how beautiful and different the flowers were and how much they loved them all. I would highly recommend these ladies to every bride that is not a florist by trade! :)

Sent on 06/24/2013

Kelli · Married on 03/16/2013

Beautiful flowers! Kay is excellent and so professional. She has great ideas and the outcome was beautiful! We received so many compliments on all of the flowers. We didn't have to worry about setup or moving flowers from the ceremony to the reception. Kay and her crew took care of it all!

Sent on 04/02/2013

Designs by Ella Rae's reply:

Thank you for the wonderful comments Kelli. We enjoyed working with you and Ryan. Congratulations!

Amazing work, amazing customer service, and overall amazing experience. So personable, helpful, and honest. She wants you to be happy, she does not shove more flowers trying to make you buy more down your throat! She stays in your budget, and exceeds expectations. So flexible and will do ANYTHING to help you on your big day. If a small issue arises, she takes care of it in a calm manner and is wonderful. I would HIGHLY recxomend her to any bride!

Sent on 01/21/2017

Kirsten · Married on 08/15/2014

Designs by Ella Rae was amazing to work with. I sat down with Kay and told her everything I wanted, and she tailored it to the price I was willing to pay. Everything was perfect at the wedding. They finished all of the last minute details, and added extra flowers to really top everything off. She did an exceptional job, and exceeded all of my expectations.

Sent on 12/07/2014

Caroline · Married on 06/04/2016

Great vendor! Beautiful work and great to work with! Made our venue absolutely beautiful.

Sent on 01/26/2017

Melaina · Married on 06/11/2017

4.2
      3.5

The final product was absolutely beautiful. Kay did such a wonderful job and her creativity and talent were obvious. One area I believe she could improve on is communication. We experienced a little bit of miscommunication and I sometimes felt she wasn't really listening to me. Nonetheless, I couldn't be happier with how my wedding decor came together!

Sent on 09/12/2017

Designs by Ella Rae's reply:

We want to respond to this review with a sincere apology if you did not feel our communication and responsiveness was up to your expectations. We strive to always achieve a "5" rating in all our categories and when we do not we use your feed back as a tool to do a better job. Thank you for your honest review and know that it will not be ignored and we will ALWAYS work on achieving perfection on all our reviews. Kay and the Staff of Designs by Ella Rae

julie · Married on 12/30/2011

4.2

Flowers were by biggest fear for my wedding but ella rae made me feel relaxed

Sent on 01/20/2012