Designer Cakes and Desserts Reviews

Designer Cakes and Desserts 6
Designer Cakes and Desserts 7
  • Melissa

Melissa · Married on 04/13/2019

Cake was so good and Shelly was awesome

We used Designer Cakes and Desserts for our wedding cake and it was absolutely DELICIOUS!! Shelly was so sweet and we chose different flavors than your usual wedding cake flavors and it was so moist and so good. Also, my cake looked beautiful!! I highly recommend using them for your baking needs! I cant wait to go back just for a treat! :-)

Sent on 04/26/2019
    Designer Cakes and Desserts 8
    Designer Cakes and Desserts 9
  • Nichol

Nichol · Married on 03/16/2019

Delicious & Beautiful Cake

I am so happy I found Designer Cakes and Desserts when I was searching for a bakery to do my wedding cake. My wedding cake was very delicious and can't wait to have it again on our 1 year anniversary. They offer free cake tastings and budget-friendly options. They even delivered my cake for free. If I could give them more than 5 stars I would.

Sent on 05/25/2019
    Designer Cakes and Desserts 10
    Designer Cakes and Desserts 11
    Designer Cakes and Desserts 12

Charlene Doughty · Married on 02/20/2019

My husband's birthday

Shelly did an absolutely amazing golf bag cake. It was tasty and a show stopper for sure. Everyone loved the design and the flavors. Thank you so much for adding to the success of the birthday party.
    Charlene

Sent on 02/21/2019
  • Dorota

Dorota · Married on 01/26/2019

Beautiful Cake

We had a winter themed color scheme and Shelly was able to create a cake that fit perfectly. We were able to pick two flavors, which were both delicious. I highly recommend!

Sent on 01/27/2019

Designer Cakes and Desserts's reply:

Thank you Dorota! It was a pleasure to work with you and fun to do your special wedding cake design. :)
  • Karen

Karen Troutner · Married on 01/19/2019

Our Guests Raved about the Cupcakes!

Shelly Chandler was so great to work with and gave us so many options for our Wedding Cake and cupcakes. We went with four flavors of mini cupcakes, and our guests raved about them! Designer Cakes & Desserts is a beautiful little bakery in Safety Harbor, and they definitely provide a quality product and such friendly service - we highly recommend Shelly and her staff!

Sent on 02/02/2019
    Designer Cakes and Desserts 13
    Designer Cakes and Desserts 14

Designer Cakes and Desserts's reply:

Thank you for the nice review Karen! I am happy everyone liked the cupcakes! Congratulations and I wish you both the best.
  • Linsey

Linsey · Married on 11/10/2018

Beautiful and Delicious!

We can not say enough about how wonderful our experience with Shelly was! Everything from the tasting, to the design, to the delivery and setup went so smoothly! Shelly really knows what she is doing (me not so much lol) so she was really a blessing to work with. She took my scattered ideas and put together the best looking (and tasting) cake we could have imagined!! All of our guests absolutely loved and raved about the cake :)

Sent on 11/27/2018

Mia Jackson · Married on 10/20/2018

Shades of Purple

Great experience working with Designer Cakes & Desserts. We loved our wedding cake. Shelly did a wonderful job with making our vision come true.

Sent on 10/27/2018
    Designer Cakes and Desserts 15

Hi Mia!
    It was so wonderful to work with you. I was so happy to make your wedding cake idea a reality. :)
    Thank you so much for the nice review.

Stephanie · Married on 10/13/2018

Practically perfect in every way

These guys are the sweetest most talented people! My two wedding cakes were not only gorgeous and exactly what I asked for, but delicious! I am on a special diet, (Paleo), so they made a smaller cake just for me and it was unreal! We didn't have any left of either cake, (Except the top tier we had to swipe before it all got eaten)! My guests were asking me where we got the cake afterwards raving about how delicious it was. She even supplied the cake stands which were breathtaking. All in all it was magical. Thank you for making my big day perfect! :)

Sent on 10/17/2018
    Designer Cakes and Desserts 16

Designer Cakes and Desserts's reply:

Thank you Stephanie for the nice review! Your wedding was beautiful and it was a pleasure to do business with you! Congratulations!

Lindsey · Married on 10/12/2018

Delicious!

One of the easiest vendors to work with and absolutely delicious!

Sent on 10/17/2018

Designer Cakes and Desserts's reply:

Thank you Lindsey! You were great to work with too! Thank you for making us part of your special day!

Ron and Debbie Moore · Married on 09/22/2018

4th cake from Designer Cakes & Desserts

This is our fourth cake we have bought from Shelly. We have purchased two retirement cakes, a surprise birthday party cake and now our daughter's wedding cake. We wouldn't trust anyone else to handle a special occasion for us.

Sent on 10/18/2018

Designer Cakes and Desserts's reply:

Thank you so much Debbie for being such a loyal and wonderful customer. It was a pleasure to do your daughter’s wedding cake. It was a beautiful design!
  • Melissa

Melissa · Married on 09/22/2018

Totally recommend!

Shelley worked with me remotely to plan everything, as my wedding was in FL and I lived in AL. She answered all my questions and set up a tasting for when we would be in town for the weekend. Everything tasted fantastic. The cake on the wedding day looked exactly like I asked and tasted amazing - we got tons of comments on how good it was. I would definitely recommend this vendor - price and quality is fantastic I have no complaints.

Sent on 10/19/2018
    Designer Cakes and Desserts 17

Designer Cakes and Desserts's reply:

Thank you Melissa! I loved your little cake toppers! So cute!! It was a pleasure working with you!
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 09/22/2018

Exactly what we wanted!

Working with Shelly was very easy! Our cake was exactly what we wanted, from taste to design. Very cute cupcake shop in Safety Harbor who makes delicious and gorgeous cakes!

Sent on 10/26/2018
    Designer Cakes and Desserts 18

Designer Cakes and Desserts's reply:

Thank you so much for your nice review Jessica! It was a pleasure to work with you and make such a beautiful cake for your special day!
  • Danielle

Danielle · Married on 09/15/2018

My Wedding was made Magical!

Shelly made us the most beautiful wedding cake and grooms cake! We could not have had our special day complete without her artwork!

Sent on 10/19/2018
    Designer Cakes and Desserts 19
    Designer Cakes and Desserts 20
    Designer Cakes and Desserts 21
    Designer Cakes and Desserts 22

Designer Cakes and Desserts's reply:

Thank you Danielle! It always nice to work with fellow Harry Potter fans! And I am happy we got to be a part of your special day!
  • F

Felice Zeldin · Married on 09/15/2018

If you want something special, this is the place to go!

The cake was beyond delicious and the owner took time helping us customize the design - it was perfect.

Sent on 10/21/2018
    Designer Cakes and Desserts 23

Felipe,
    It was a pleasure to work with you to make this day special. I really appreciate your wonderful review.
    Thank you!

Amanda · Married on 06/29/2018

We purchased cupcakes for our wedding and we were very pleased with the results. We also purchased a small six inch cake to go on top. The quality and taste of the cupcakes were exceptional. The cupcake display turned out exactly how in envisioned and I couldn't have been happier. My uncle has celiacs disease and she was very accommodating and provided gluten free cupcakes as well. We also were able to purchase cupcake containers from her so guests could take one home if they were too full or didn't have a chance to eat one at the wedding. We highly recommend using this company.

Sent on 07/22/2018
    Designer Cakes and Desserts 24

kim · Married on 05/19/2018

Ordered a cake for my husbands law school graduation party. Such a beautiful cake!! Amazing from the presentation to the taste! Highly recommend.

Sent on 05/22/2018
    Designer Cakes and Desserts 25
  • Lopez-Robin-Wedding

Isela · Married on 05/05/2018

I know there are many cake vendors to choose from out there, but we were blessed to find the top tier of them all! Shelly did an excellent job with my daughter's wedding cake in May and my niece's wedding in August. She is a pleasure to work with and is very willing to accommodate your requests. She not only will provide a beautiful design, but it will be outrageously delicious. Although it is hard to choose a favorite, I would have to say that the salted caramel chocolate is out of this world. My son in law needed a gluten-free, dairy-free cake and he was so impressed with her vanilla, blueberry filling groom's cake! Incredibly moist, could not taste the difference between his cake and the regular cake. Her prices are very reasonable so look no further, she is the best!!! Thanks Shelly, we have another wedding Spring 2018, and we would not have anyone else make the wedding cake!

Sent on 08/27/2017

Noel · Married on 04/29/2018

Our cake was beautiful and delicious. Everyone kept asking what the flavor was. Almond “the wedding flavor” was quite the hit! I wouldn’t dream of ordering a cake from anyone else!

Also definitely check out her cupcakes!!!

Sent on 05/20/2018

Leah · Married on 04/06/2018

YUM YUM YUM!! Shelly at Designer Cakes and Desserts was amazing and our wedding cake was delicious! We got married at Safety Harbor Resort and Spa and the cake was included in the package as long as we went with one of their preferred vendors. I reached out to 3 of the vendors - one didn't respond at all, one told us that we could only select from two flavors, and one was Shelly. She told us there were no flavor restrictions, and as long as we had a simple design there would be no extra charge. The simple design was perfect because that's what we wanted anyway. Designer Cakes and Desserts is a cupcake bakery, and Shelly sent us the menu to choose from for our tasting. When we got there, she actually had the cupcakes she sells as the tasting, and made some extra fillings and icing for us to pair them with. We ended up deciding on different flavors for each tier - key lime cake with strawberry mousse filling; lemon cake with raspberry filling; and strawberry cake with chocolate mousse filling all iced with Swiss meringue buttercream.

People are still complimenting us over how delicious the cake was! Typically I'm not a fan of wedding cake, but this is a different story. Every layer was delicious and the cake itself was gorgeous. We had a lot left over and even when I had a piece days after the wedding, the cake was still moist and flavorful. I'm so happy that Shelly was on the preferred vendor list!

As a side note - my little cousins, who were also my flower girls, have extreme food allergies including eggs. I gave the list to Shelly and she made them their own separate cupcakes so they could enjoy some wedding cake as well. I'm so grateful for that because I didn't want the girls to feel left out. I would highly recommend Designer Cakes and Desserts even if you're not getting married at Safety Harbor Resort and Spa!

Sent on 04/12/2018
    Designer Cakes and Desserts 26

Shannon · Married on 03/10/2018

Our cake was hands down DELICIOUS! We had so many people raving to us about the cake even days after the wedding was over. We had a surprising amount of leftovers, which was fine with my husband and I since we were able to indulge for a little while longer ☺ It stayed moist and delicious for over a week after the wedding. Shelly was super accommodating during our tasting and truly cares about the quality of her ingredients. This attention to detail shines through in her cakes. We can’t wait to go back and get a fresh cake made for our 1 year anniversary!

Sent on 05/20/2018

Deandra · Married on 03/03/2018

From the very beginning we knew we wanted to use Designer Cakes and Desserts. This was the second tasting we went to and loved that it was smaller mom and daughter shop, not to mention the cake(s) are amazing. We still use them for events even after our wedding. Overall highly recommend!

Sent on 06/04/2018
    Designer Cakes and Desserts 27
  • Amra

Amra · Married on 02/24/2018

Designer Cakes and Desserts is the company to choose for your dream wedding cake! They have delicious flavors and talented cake bakers/artists!

Sent on 02/07/2018

Melissa · Married on 02/24/2018

You can count on a wedding cake to look pretty but usually the taste falls a bit flat... not my cake! I’m not joking when I say that my ginourmous 3-tiered cake that fed 230 people was the most moist and delicious cake I have ever tasted in my life! Not only was it absolutely delicious but Shelly really came through with the design. One of my husband’s only requests for our wedding was to have a pirate ship wedding cake with us walking the plank. No rhyme or reason, that’s what he wanted and I didn’t really care, so that’s what we asked for. We could not be more thrilled for how it turned out both visually and in taste. I’ve been eating off the cake all week and I’m going to have to stop myself so I have something left to freeze for next year!

Sent on 03/04/2018
    Designer Cakes and Desserts 28

Designer Cakes and Desserts's reply:

Thank you for the wonderful review Melissa! It was a pleasure to work with you and your family and make this awesome and unique cake!

Brittany · Married on 12/03/2017

Great Cupcakes! Had Shelly and Sarah create a small cake and cupcakes for my wedding, they were delicious. Everyone raved about them after the wedding. There were so many flavors to choose from, we picked carrot cake, strawberry, vanilla, peanut butter, and red velvet.

Sent on 12/12/2017

Elizabeth · Married on 11/20/2017

Sooooo glad we chose Designer Cakes to make our wedding cake! Our cake was absolutely beautiful and it tasted amazing too! We had a vanilla naked cake with blueberry filling and it fit our rustic theme perfectly. So many of our guests said it was the best cake they had ever eaten!

Sent on 01/07/2018