Designer Cakes and Desserts Reviews

31 | Safety Harbor, FL

31 Reviews for Designer Cakes and Desserts

31 Designer Cakes and Desserts Reviews

Stephanie · Married on 10/13/2018

Practically perfect in every way

These guys are the sweetest most talented people! My two wedding cakes were not only gorgeous and exactly what I asked for, but delicious! I am on a special diet, (Paleo), so they made a smaller cake just for me and it was unreal! We didn't have any left of either cake, (Except the top tier we had to swipe before it all got eaten)! My guests were asking me where we got the cake afterwards raving about how delicious it was. She even supplied the cake stands which were breathtaking. All in all it was magical. Thank you for making my big day perfect! :)

Sent on 10/17/2018
    Designer Cakes and Desserts 1

Designer Cakes and Desserts's reply:

Thank you Stephanie for the nice review! Your wedding was beautiful and it was a pleasure to do business with you! Congratulations!

Lindsey · Married on 10/12/2018

Delicious!

One of the easiest vendors to work with and absolutely delicious!

Sent on 10/17/2018

Designer Cakes and Desserts's reply:

Thank you Lindsey! You were great to work with too! Thank you for making us part of your special day!

Ron and Debbie Moore · Married on 09/22/2018

4th cake from Designer Cakes & Desserts

This is our fourth cake we have bought from Shelly. We have purchased two retirement cakes, a surprise birthday party cake and now our daughter's wedding cake. We wouldn't trust anyone else to handle a special occasion for us.

Amanda · Married on 06/29/2018

We purchased cupcakes for our wedding and we were very pleased with the results. We also purchased a small six inch cake to go on top. The quality and taste of the cupcakes were exceptional. The cupcake display turned out exactly how in envisioned and I couldn't have been happier. My uncle has celiacs disease and she was very accommodating and provided gluten free cupcakes as well. We also were able to purchase cupcake containers from her so guests could take one home if they were too full or didn't have a chance to eat one at the wedding. We highly recommend using this company.

Designer Cakes and Desserts 2

kim · Married on 05/19/2018

Ordered a cake for my husbands law school graduation party. Such a beautiful cake!! Amazing from the presentation to the taste! Highly recommend.

Designer Cakes and Desserts 3

Noel · Married on 04/29/2018

Our cake was beautiful and delicious. Everyone kept asking what the flavor was. Almond “the wedding flavor” was quite the hit! I wouldn’t dream of ordering a cake from anyone else!

Also definitely check out her cupcakes!!!

Leah · Married on 04/06/2018

YUM YUM YUM!! Shelly at Designer Cakes and Desserts was amazing and our wedding cake was delicious! We got married at Safety Harbor Resort and Spa and the cake was included in the package as long as we went with one of their preferred vendors. I reached out to 3 of the vendors - one didn't respond at all, one told us that we could only select from two flavors, and one was Shelly. She told us there were no flavor restrictions, and as long as we had a simple design there would be no extra charge. The simple design was perfect because that's what we wanted anyway. Designer Cakes and Desserts is a cupcake bakery, and Shelly sent us the menu to choose from for our tasting. When we got there, she actually had the cupcakes she sells as the tasting, and made some extra fillings and icing for us to pair them with. We ended up deciding on different flavors for each tier - key lime cake with strawberry mousse filling; lemon cake with raspberry filling; and strawberry cake with chocolate mousse filling all iced with Swiss meringue buttercream.

People are still complimenting us over how delicious the cake was! Typically I'm not a fan of wedding cake, but this is a different story. Every layer was delicious and the cake itself was gorgeous. We had a lot left over and even when I had a piece days after the wedding, the cake was still moist and flavorful. I'm so happy that Shelly was on the preferred vendor list!

As a side note - my little cousins, who were also my flower girls, have extreme food allergies including eggs. I gave the list to Shelly and she made them their own separate cupcakes so they could enjoy some wedding cake as well. I'm so grateful for that because I didn't want the girls to feel left out. I would highly recommend Designer Cakes and Desserts even if you're not getting married at Safety Harbor Resort and Spa!

Designer Cakes and Desserts 4

Shannon · Married on 03/10/2018

Our cake was hands down DELICIOUS! We had so many people raving to us about the cake even days after the wedding was over. We had a surprising amount of leftovers, which was fine with my husband and I since we were able to indulge for a little while longer ☺ It stayed moist and delicious for over a week after the wedding. Shelly was super accommodating during our tasting and truly cares about the quality of her ingredients. This attention to detail shines through in her cakes. We can’t wait to go back and get a fresh cake made for our 1 year anniversary!

Deandra · Married on 03/03/2018

From the very beginning we knew we wanted to use Designer Cakes and Desserts. This was the second tasting we went to and loved that it was smaller mom and daughter shop, not to mention the cake(s) are amazing. We still use them for events even after our wedding. Overall highly recommend!

Designer Cakes and Desserts 5
  • Amra

Amra · Married on 02/24/2018

Designer Cakes and Desserts is the company to choose for your dream wedding cake! They have delicious flavors and talented cake bakers/artists!

Melissa · Married on 02/24/2018

You can count on a wedding cake to look pretty but usually the taste falls a bit flat... not my cake! I’m not joking when I say that my ginourmous 3-tiered cake that fed 230 people was the most moist and delicious cake I have ever tasted in my life! Not only was it absolutely delicious but Shelly really came through with the design. One of my husband’s only requests for our wedding was to have a pirate ship wedding cake with us walking the plank. No rhyme or reason, that’s what he wanted and I didn’t really care, so that’s what we asked for. We could not be more thrilled for how it turned out both visually and in taste. I’ve been eating off the cake all week and I’m going to have to stop myself so I have something left to freeze for next year!

Sent on 03/04/2018
    Designer Cakes and Desserts 6

Designer Cakes and Desserts's reply:

Thank you for the wonderful review Melissa! It was a pleasure to work with you and your family and make this awesome and unique cake!

Brittany · Married on 12/03/2017

Great Cupcakes! Had Shelly and Sarah create a small cake and cupcakes for my wedding, they were delicious. Everyone raved about them after the wedding. There were so many flavors to choose from, we picked carrot cake, strawberry, vanilla, peanut butter, and red velvet.

Elizabeth · Married on 11/20/2017

Sooooo glad we chose Designer Cakes to make our wedding cake! Our cake was absolutely beautiful and it tasted amazing too! We had a vanilla naked cake with blueberry filling and it fit our rustic theme perfectly. So many of our guests said it was the best cake they had ever eaten!

michelle · Married on 11/19/2017

My husband and I decided to do a cake tasting with Shelly at Designer Cakes and we instantly fell IN LOVE. We decided to go with a vanilla cake and man - I have never tasted vanilla cake so good. Even though we changed up some of the flavor combinations literally days before the wedding, Shelly was happy to accommodate and delivery went flawless. We had so many compliments on the cake and so many people, including my husband, went back for seconds or thirds! I cannot wait until we get to eat that top piece in a year :).

I definitely recommend Designer Cakes and Deserts for anyone looking for great service, and DELICIOUS cake.

Sent on 11/30/2017

Designer Cakes and Desserts's reply:

Thank you Michelle! It was a pleasure to work with you! I am so happy you loved the cake!! Shelly

Karyn · Married on 11/11/2017

Our wedding cake was absolutely delicious. I found Designer Cakes & Desserts through a bridal expo. Shelly (the owner) was serving up some cupcakes at her booth and I went back for seconds because they were so good. My fiancé did a tasting at the store location in Safety Harbor. We tried a few things, but we ultimately went with chocolate cake with sea salt caramel icing for on layer, and chocolate cake with mocha icing for the other layer. I can't describe how amazing the cake is. You have to try it. My fiancé and I both agreed after our tasting that we could have each gotten a bowl of just the icing and eaten it by the spoonful. No shortening in the icing, just yummy, flavorful bites. Based on the tasting, the thing we were most excited for on the wedding day was the cake. We were DELIGHTED on our wedding day. The cake was as delicious as we remembered on our tasting. Thank you Designer Cakes! Such a wonderful memory... can't wait to come back for our anniversary for more mocha & sea salt icing!

Rachel · Married on 09/09/2017

My husband and I ordered miini cupcakes for our wedding and they were wonderful! The display was beautiful! Shelly and Sarah are easy to work with and make the best cupcakes we've ever had! We can't wait to use them again in the future!
    Thank you!
    Rachel & Diego Ordonez

JESSICA · Married on 08/26/2017

These girls are amazing!!! This is my third time usin their service and they just keep amazing me! Great talent and great taste!!

Melissa · Married on 05/20/2017

I know there are many cake vendors to choose from out there, but we were blessed to find the top tier of them all! Shelly did an excellent job with my daughter's wedding cake in May and my niece's wedding in August. She is a pleasure to work with and is very willing to accommodate your requests. She not only will provide a beautiful design, but it will be outrageously delicious. Although it is hard to choose a favorite, I would have to say that the salted caramel chocolate is out of this world. My son in law needed a gluten-free, dairy-free cake and he was so impressed with her vanilla, blueberry filling groom's cake! Incredibly moist, could not taste the difference between his cake and the regular cake. Her prices are very reasonable so look no further, she is the best!!! Thanks Shelly, we have another wedding Spring 2018, and we would not have anyone else make the wedding cake!

Dina · Married on 01/28/2017

Shelly is an amazing person! She did my wedding cake and cupcakes, and did the exact design I chose, n it was perfect, everyone loved them!
    Not only that, her prices are great, and she worked with me n my husband greatly! Now, I go to her shop for some cupcakes, got addicted! Definitely, will hire her again for my next event. Ty Shelly!

gail · Married on 10/02/2016

Shelley and Sarah created a custom Harry Potter themed cake for my daughter's 21st birthday that was beyond amazing. They worked within the budget I had and delivered nothing less than spectacular. Even though we didn't get to actually eat the cake until several days later, it was still moist and delicious.

Tamara · Married on 08/20/2016

Shelly did an outstanding job on our wedding cake August 20,2016. Shelly was professional and quick to respond to my questions. Our cake was perfect and just what I asked for. Several compliments on the taste. Her price was very reasonable. Thank you Shelly and team

Siouxie · Married on 05/21/2016

This was the PERFECT choice for my daughter's elegant evening wedding!

They created a cake exactly to my specs (3 tiered, 3 flavors) with the pin cushion cross hatch (fondant) on the second tier, and my daughter and her husband's initials on the top tier. Once I ordered everything and Shelly verified my order, I didn't have to think about it. It was delivered right on time, she set it up, and the flavors were fantastic.

One of the reasons I went with Designer Cakes and Desserts is because I have tried their cakes before, and they have created their own flavors and perfected them. The coconut cream layer was sublime-moist and delicious. The chocolate was gone before we had a chance to think about it, and the vanilla with strawberry was light and moist and perfect. And I'm usually not a fan of fondant because it's so thick and sweet, but this design left no other choice. But you know what? The fondant was a perfect sweet, still somehow light even though it was fondant. I actually ate it (did not expect that).

Thanks for the delicious cake, your team is the best!

Mindy · Married on 05/12/2016

Designer Cakes & Desserts was able to collaborate, produce, & deliver the best grooms cake for my brothers wedding! (See Pic) Design was amazing, detail was near flawless, and thetaste was impeccable! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!! Dr&MrsBlake

Designer Cakes and Desserts 7

Danielle · Married on 04/02/2016

Shelly created an amazing 3 tier cake for my wedding. Each layer was a different flavor and delicious. I had so many compliments on the cake being sooo good - even from the caterer which is high praise!! Shelly totally delivered and even created a groom's cake for my hubby which he LOVED (and didn't know about). Thank you Shelly! I highly recommend!