18 Reviews for Designer Cakes and Desserts

Local (2)
Fresh Fruit (1)
Organic (1)
18 Designer Cakes and Desserts Reviews

Designer Cakes and Desserts is the company to choose for your dream wedding cake! They have delicious flavors and talented cake bakers/artists!

Profile Picture Amra, 2/24/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Local, Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings, Cakes

Great Cupcakes! Had Shelly and Sarah create a small cake and cupcakes for my wedding, they were delicious. Everyone raved about them after the wedding. There were so many flavors to choose from, we picked carrot cake, strawberry, vanilla, peanut butter, and red velvet.

Profile Picture Brittany, 12/3/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Sooooo glad we chose Designer Cakes to make our wedding cake! Our cake was absolutely beautiful and it tasted amazing too! We had a vanilla naked cake with blueberry filling and it fit our rustic theme perfectly. So many of our guests said it was the best cake they had ever eaten!

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 11/20/17, 8 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

My husband and I decided to do a cake tasting with Shelly at Designer Cakes and we instantly fell IN LOVE. We decided to go with a vanilla cake and man - I have never tasted vanilla cake so good. Even though we changed up some of the flavor combinations literally days before the wedding, Shelly was happy to accommodate and delivery went flawless. We had so many compliments on the cake and so many people, including my husband, went back for seconds or thirds! I cannot wait until we get to eat that top piece in a year :).

I definitely recommend Designer Cakes and Deserts for anyone looking for great service, and DELICIOUS cake.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture michelle, 11/19/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Local, Cakes, Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings

Our wedding cake was absolutely delicious. I found Designer Cakes & Desserts through a bridal expo. Shelly (the owner) was serving up some cupcakes at her booth and I went back for seconds because they were so good. My fiancé did a tasting at the store location in Safety Harbor. We tried a few things, but we ultimately went with chocolate cake with sea salt caramel icing for on layer, and chocolate cake with mocha icing for the other layer. I can't describe how amazing the cake is. You have to try it. My fiancé and I both agreed after our tasting that we could have each gotten a bowl of just the icing and eaten it by the spoonful. No shortening in the icing, just yummy, flavorful bites. Based on the tasting, the thing we were most excited for on the wedding day was the cake. We were DELIGHTED on our wedding day. The cake was as delicious as we remembered on our tasting. Thank you Designer Cakes! Such a wonderful memory... can't wait to come back for our anniversary for more mocha & sea salt icing!

Profile Picture Karyn, 11/11/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings, Cakes

My husband and I ordered miini cupcakes for our wedding and they were wonderful! The display was beautiful! Shelly and Sarah are easy to work with and make the best cupcakes we've ever had! We can't wait to use them again in the future!
Thank you!
Rachel & Diego Ordonez

Profile Picture Rachel, 9/9/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

These girls are amazing!!! This is my third time usin their service and they just keep amazing me! Great talent and great taste!!

Profile Picture JESSICA, 8/26/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

I know there are many cake vendors to choose from out there, but we were blessed to find the top tier of them all! Shelly did an excellent job with my daughter's wedding cake in May and my niece's wedding in August. She is a pleasure to work with and is very willing to accommodate your requests. She not only will provide a beautiful design, but it will be outrageously delicious. Although it is hard to choose a favorite, I would have to say that the salted caramel chocolate is out of this world. My son in law needed a gluten-free, dairy-free cake and he was so impressed with her vanilla, blueberry filling groom's cake! Incredibly moist, could not taste the difference between his cake and the regular cake. Her prices are very reasonable so look no further, she is the best!!! Thanks Shelly, we have another wedding Spring 2018, and we would not have anyone else make the wedding cake!

Profile Picture Melissa, 5/20/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings, Gluten Free, Lactose Free, Cakes, Groom's Cake

Shelly is an amazing person! She did my wedding cake and cupcakes, and did the exact design I chose, n it was perfect, everyone loved them!
Not only that, her prices are great, and she worked with me n my husband greatly! Now, I go to her shop for some cupcakes, got addicted! Definitely, will hire her again for my next event. Ty Shelly!

Profile Picture Dina, 1/28/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Shelley and Sarah created a custom Harry Potter themed cake for my daughter's 21st birthday that was beyond amazing. They worked within the budget I had and delivered nothing less than spectacular. Even though we didn't get to actually eat the cake until several days later, it was still moist and delicious.

Profile Picture gail, 10/2/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Cakes, Custom Design

Shelly did an outstanding job on our wedding cake August 20,2016. Shelly was professional and quick to respond to my questions. Our cake was perfect and just what I asked for. Several compliments on the taste. Her price was very reasonable. Thank you Shelly and team

Profile Picture Tamara, 8/20/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

This was the PERFECT choice for my daughter's elegant evening wedding!

They created a cake exactly to my specs (3 tiered, 3 flavors) with the pin cushion cross hatch (fondant) on the second tier, and my daughter and her husband's initials on the top tier. Once I ordered everything and Shelly verified my order, I didn't have to think about it. It was delivered right on time, she set it up, and the flavors were fantastic.

One of the reasons I went with Designer Cakes and Desserts is because I have tried their cakes before, and they have created their own flavors and perfected them. The coconut cream layer was sublime-moist and delicious. The chocolate was gone before we had a chance to think about it, and the vanilla with strawberry was light and moist and perfect. And I'm usually not a fan of fondant because it's so thick and sweet, but this design left no other choice. But you know what? The fondant was a perfect sweet, still somehow light even though it was fondant. I actually ate it (did not expect that).

Thanks for the delicious cake, your team is the best!

Profile Picture Siouxie, 5/21/16, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Custom Design, Delivery, Fresh Fruit, Organic, Cakes

Shelly created an amazing 3 tier cake for my wedding. Each layer was a different flavor and delicious. I had so many compliments on the cake being sooo good - even from the caterer which is high praise!! Shelly totally delivered and even created a groom's cake for my hubby which he LOVED (and didn't know about). Thank you Shelly! I highly recommend!

Profile Picture Danielle, 4/2/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Cakes, Groom's Cake

Shelly was able to take our forest theme and turn it into a completely awesome cake. I must have had at least 15 people come up to me to tell me it was the best cake they'd ever had at a wedding. They especially loved the coffee/espresso flavors. Delivered on time and beautifully set. She is also very easy to work with and excellent communication. Thank you, Shelly!

Profile Picture Megan, 11/8/15, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Cakes, Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup

We wanted cupcakes instead of a large cake. And we also wanted a small cake for just us. And she themed them together and both were beautiful and unbelievably delicious.

Profile Picture Jack, 6/28/14, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

She was amazing. The cakes looked prefect and they tasted even better. My husband kept raving about them. And my guest all loved the cakes too. If I ever need a great cake again I will defiantly use her.

Profile Picture User2675205, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Shelly worked with me on creating a cake. She was patient, flexible and understanding while helping me from out of state. She used my Pinterest pictures to get a good understanding of my design ideas and the cake was simply beautiful. The cake flavor was even better! It is not common for a cute cake to taste good but both the chocolate top and vanilla/strawberry bottom were moist, flavorful, and simply magnificent. She even used a rice crispy treat to make a cute luggage topper! The icing on the cake (pun intended) was her delivery to the function even though it was a holiday.

Profile Picture Michelle, 5/8/16, 1 Review