[desi]gn cakes & cupcakes Reviews

View more information

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2018 Winner

Michelle C. Married on 04/16/2021

Wedding Cake

Thank you desi for making my dream cake. The process was amazing beginning with the tasting. It had to be virtual due to covid, but it was so well thought out, we didn't feel like we missed out on anything for that experience. Desi was very easy to reach, very kind, and so knowledgeable. Everyone loved our cake. Thank you Desi!
  • F
    Fatima R. Married on 04/10/2021

Punctual and friendly service

Great service & delicious cake, plus gorgeous presentation 10/10

[desi]gn cakes & cupcakes's reply:

Fatima, thank you for ordering your Sisters cake through us. It was a pleasure to help your family celebrate.
  • Addie
    Addie T. Married on 04/10/2021

Best Baker on the IE!!

The cake was AMAZING! It is exactly like the picture we provided Desi, the detail was incredible! the flavor was out of this world. I was so impressed!!! So was my husband, and everyone at the wedding commented about how delicious it was!! Thank you for making our wedding incredibly beautiful!! It looked too real to eat! We struggled to cut it for a while but once we finally found someone to do it we learned the taste was equally as good as the beauty of this cake! Working with Desi was wonderful, and I could not be happier how everything turned out! I highly recommend Desi[ng] cakes and Cupcakes by Desi for the best cake you may ever have! Thank you so much for everything!
    Vanessa Married on 08/11/2019

A very happy bride

I am so happy with them ! I was so stressed about my wedding and I didn’t hire a wedding planner. So about a week before my wedding I realize I bought a donut wall but I didn’t hire anyone to make donuts for it! Everyone was requesting at least two weeks in advance. That’s when I came across design cakes and cupcakes and there work looked amazing. I inquired about them and received a call promptly . They were sweet enough to take on the job. I had no idea what I wanted I just knew I wanted donuts for my donut wall and cake pops. Dessi was so sweet she sent me all the options I had that stayed in my budget and she also sent me ideas. I picked that same day. I was so pleased with how they responded promptly to me every time I had a question. I bugged them ALOT but they were so amazing! The donut was came out AMAZINGGG I still have guests contacting me to tell me how cute it looked. They are truly une BEST I will keep using them for future parties forever !

Vanessa and Jose,
    It was a pleasure to be a part of your celebration. You trusted us with your vision, and we’re so happy you loved your custom treats. Congratulations again!
    Crystal Married on 11/17/2018

Amazing!!!

Our cake was truly what I was looking for! Everyone loved it so much. I am not much a sweet person but I couldn’t get enough. My husband has a sweet tooth and did not want to share it! Thank you so much Desi.

[desi]gn cakes & cupcakes's reply:

Crystal, it was an honor to be a part of your day, and create a cake truly designed for the two of you! It was a beautiful reception and were thankful to have been a part of your day.
    Joneese Married on 06/24/2018
    Everything was amazing and perfect. I had absolutely no complaints and super appreciate the flexibility as well as the creativity shown.
    Salina Married on 05/04/2018
    Amazing and beautiful desserts!
    Melissa Married on 07/07/2017
    The most amazing and professional cupcake and cake company I have ever worked with. Our custom cake was beautiful and the talk of the wedding.

[desi]gn cakes & cupcakes's reply:

Thank you, Melissa and Julie. It was a joy to be a part of your celebration with your closest family and friends. We wish you a lifetime of happiness and love.
    Cristina Married on 03/26/2017
    Desi is amazing! She provided a cake and cupcake for my baby shower and it was a HUGE hit! Everyone loved the quality and taste of her baked goods. My favorite is the berry compote. It is truly soooo delicious!! Not only is she amazingly talented, she is also so sweet and easy to communicate with. She responds quickly and goes over and beyond what is expected. I cannot wait to do another event with her again! :)
    Mariel Married on 03/03/2017
    My dessert table looked absolutely beautiful for my wedding! Desk did an amazing job
    Sokhom Married on 11/12/2016
    Desi was vey patient while we were deciding our flavors. The flavors were amazing and our cake perfect! Thank you so much!
    Abby Married on 11/05/2016
    Not only did we love our cupcakes, our guests did too! Desi was so accommodating with our requests. We made some suggestions regarding flavor combinations and she listened and was honest with her thoughts. We didn't want boring, predictable cupcakes like we have had at so many other weddings and she delivered. They were beautiful, simple, and SO delicious. We had pear & goat cheese, pineapple upside down, and chocolate raspberry.
  • W
    Wintila Married on 10/01/2016
    I personally felt taken care of. I have no negative remarks or complaints.

Keep up the great work! I hope you’re creativity never fades.

[desi]gn cakes & cupcakes's reply:

Thank you, Wintila. It was a pleasure to work with you and loved celebrating life's occasions with your family.
  • Fritz and Tawny
    Tawny Married on 07/04/2015
    Desi from [desi]gn cakes and cupcakes did an awesome job with her team on creating my macaroons for my wedding this past weekend! I have tasted her cupcakes and my favorite is still the red velvet because of her butter cream. Loved how she was able to incorporate the mint green and powder blue macaroons into my wedding theme! I highly recommend her for your special event.
    Cadiele Married on 05/16/2014
    Desi is amazing!! Her cupcakes are delicious and the presentation was beautiful!! She completely capture my vision :)
    Amanda Married on 04/26/2014
    I couldn't have been happier with [Desi]gn Cupcakes and Cakes and how beautiful my cake and cupcakes were! They were delicious and all my guests loved them! Desi was extremely professional and very helpful when it came to choosing the set up and very flexible with allowing me to choose multiple flavors for my wedding. I know that cupcakes are "in" right now but what sets Desi apart from the rest is the quality! Her cupcakes/cakes are light, moist and flavorful. Even her frostings are flawless! I would definitely recommend working with her for any type of occasion, be it a wedding, baby shower, birthday, or special holiday!
    Brittney Event on: 04/13/2014
    Desi baked my gender reveal cake along with some other sweet treats for my party like mini donuts, mini cupcakes and macarons. Not only was everything delivered on time and as discussed but it looked and tasted amazing!! I would strongly recommend using [desi]gn cakes & cupcakes for your event!
    Nicki Married on 10/15/2011
    Very professional and the cupcakes were delicious!!
    Liz Event on: 06/18/2011
    I used [Desi]gn cupcakes for my twins bday in June. It was jungle theme and the cupcakes came out awesome!!! Not only were they decorated to match the theme but the quality and the taste exceeded what I asked for. Twins loved their individual candle blowing cupcakes. [Desi]gn cupcakes definetly knows how to deliver on presentation and making the occasion memorable for that special persons day. [Desi]gn is now our families baker!
  • User639100 Event on: 12/17/2010
    This is a very creative baker with a variety of delicious flavors. She is able to make a design for any occasion!